IGNORED

Erin & Chad 5: I’m Thoroughly Defrauded by Chad’s Attire

HerNameIsBuffy

Not only is ridiculous to put makeup on a baby and is messed up but as someone who's extremely allergic to a ton of makeup and as a Medical Student, it's really dangerous! She can rub her eyes and get that makeup inside her eyes, get allergies and infections there, and I've seen Erin's makeup tutorial, she uses cheap makeup not even hypoallergenic. Sorry for the language but she's a reckless idiot.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Everly's lashes look like they have clumps of mascara on them whereas Zoey's don't. I hope Erin really isn't this stupid.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I have ridiculously long and dark eyelashes and they looked even crazier when I was a baby/toddler. There are pictures of me taken after I had been crying where my eyelashes got all wet and clumpy that look a bit like that. But then again some of those clumps look like mascara clumps to me so...I don't know, I could go either way on this one. I'm not inclined to give Erin the benefit of the doubt.

• Upvote 10

30 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Everly's lashes look like they have clumps of mascara on them whereas Zoey's don't. I hope Erin really isn't this stupid.

Yeah...it really looks like mascara. 

I normally defend them on their girly stuff (wearing high heels with their kids, putting the girls in cutesy dresses and hair bows, make up for play time) but putting mascara on a baby is pretty damn weird. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Erin curled Brooklyn's hair for a photoshoot when she was barely two years old, so I wouldn't put it past her to put mascara on a baby.

Meanwhile, I can't even get my small children to be still enough to get a bandaid on straight. How does one even successfully get mascara on a baby?

• Upvote 17

29 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Erin curled Brooklyn's hair for a photoshoot when she was barely two years old, so I wouldn't put it past her to put mascara on a baby.

Meanwhile, I can't even get my small children to be still enough to get a bandaid on straight. How does one even successfully get mascara on a baby?

Curling hair for a photo shoot is no big deal to me. Especially when you can just use foam rollers that don’t even use heat that could damage the hair. 

If she did use mascara on a baby, I think it is beyond ridiculous and not comparable to curling hair. 

• I Agree 1

On 5/29/2019 at 4:46 PM, QuiverDance said:

She put mascara on her baby.  

I have no room to talk.  When mine was three years old I had her in halloween costumes dressed up as Holly GoLightly and of course dance recitals all with a full face and fake hair to boot.  And everyone I know does the same thing. 

Yes, you do and so does my mom. You are talking about costuming and playing dress up. I actually danced to the Stripper song from Gypsy when I was six and even peeled off my gloves (my dance teacher was 145 years old and had been a vaudeville performer as child, so it was no big deal to her). This is putting makeup on a baby . For fun.

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I was doubting if it was mascara or just great eyelashes, but the right eyelash has the little *dots* (sorry, I don't know the English name) that mascara leaves. I just can't understand that anybody puts makeup in a 1 year old baby. 

I think you absolutely correct. I also see the mascara clumps.

• Upvote 3

IDK, of all the weird shit these weirdos do, I think this is one of the less weird.  I'm guessing Erin gets super bored at home with three little kids all day and needs to entertain herself on occasion.  

On 5/30/2019 at 9:15 AM, Palimpsest said:

Yes.  That was my first thought too.  I know a little boy who looks as though he is wearing mascara every time he gets tears in his eyes.  His lashes are so long they actually get tangled.

I actually got in trouble with my mom for sneaking mascara before I was allowed to wear makeup because it looked to get as if I were wearing it.

youd think she’d have known what I looked like prior to that but guess not. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Cough... cough..blanket training?

Just a guess... I don't think that Erin has said anything to indicate it, but I know the Bates are better than the Duggars for cleansing the information they present.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

As a nanny of multiple little girls over the years, I can say the makeup fascination starts very young. I think laying into Erin and assuming the mascara was put on for her own pleasure isn’t fair at all. I would almost guarantee Everly watched her mama put her own makeup on and then begged for it for her too. And it may have been washed off right away too, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it getting in her eyes. :) 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 5

13 minutes ago, wakeamy said:

As a nanny of multiple little girls over the years, I can say the makeup fascination starts very young. I think laying into Erin and assuming the mascara was put on for her own pleasure isn’t fair at all. I would almost guarantee Everly watched her mama put her own makeup on and then begged for it for her too. And it may have been washed off right away too, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it getting in her eyes. :) 

Do you realize how young Everly actually is?

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, wakeamy said:

A toddler might beg to cook some pancakes on the stove, too, or drive the car.  You say “no”. 

Besides, Everly is about 14 months. Can she even talk, besides  mama and dada?

Do you *know* the mascara was washed off right away, or are you just hypothesizing?

As a nanny , do you feel it’s a safe idea to apply mascara to a 14 month old baby? Because I see all sorts of possible hazards, including the danger of the baby jerking around while the mascara is being applied. My daughter poked me the eye once while putting mascara on me. 

Edited by Hisey
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Hisey said:

A toddler might beg to cook some pancakes on the stove, too, or drive the car.  You say “no”. 

Besides, Everly is about 14 months. Can she even talk, besides  mama and dada?

Do you *know* the mascara was washed off right away, or are you just hypothesizing?

As a nanny , do you feel it’s a safe idea to apply mascara to a 14 month old baby? Because I see all sorts of possible hazards, including the danger of the baby jerking around while the mascara is being applied. My daughter poked me the eye once while putting mascara on me. 

I’m hypothesizing, obviously. And driving a car is nowhere similar to putting mascara on, so let’s just stick to apples to apples, ok? Some little girls are going to be different than other little girls. I have been around little ones that would certainly sit still enough for mascara to be applied without danger, wanting to be “just like Mommy”.

People paint baby’s fingernails too, and that’s even more frequent. What are your thoughts on that?

Let’s all remember we’re hypothesizing she even put the mascara on. Some kiddos do have just amazing eyelashes. Looking at some of the pictures on her IG it seems plausible. 

Edited by wakeamy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, wakeamy said:

Let’s all remember we’re hypothesizing she even put the mascara on. Some kiddos do have just amazing eyelashes. Looking at some of the pictures on her IG it seems plausible. 

Did you even look at the photo?  You can literally see the clumps of mascara on the eyelashes.   

And if a child that young were begging to have mascara applied, I'd say "No.  Little girls don't need it.  You have beautiful eyelashes already."  But if I were to play along, I'd wipe off all of the mascara from the brush before lightly pretending to apply it.  There's no reason for a child of that age to wear mascara.  All it would take is for them to get an itch or rub their eyes because they were tired and they'd have that stuff in their eyes.

• Upvote 15

3 hours ago, wakeamy said:

People paint baby’s fingernails too, and that’s even more frequent. What are your thoughts on that?

Polish on fingernails and mascara on a 14 month old's eyes are nowhere near the same thing, IMO. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, wakeamy said:

I have been around little ones that would certainly sit still enough for mascara to be applied without danger, wanting to be “just like Mommy”.

I guess I'm not a fan of letting a 14-month old baby make a decision like that. It's not appropriate just because it was something Everly wanted. 

So, if Everly wanted it, and Erin obeyed (even though she secretly disapproved), that makes it OK? I'm not understand this line of thinking.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Polish on fingernails and mascara on a 14 month old's eyes are nowhere near the same thing, IMO. 

I disagree. Both are chemical products. Both are mostly used by women to feel pretty/for fun/ beauty expectations.

I wouldn’t want my child to chew on nail polish (and at that age she is probably still putting her hands, fingers and maybe still even her toes in her mouth regularly) nor do I want them to rub mascara in their eye. The mascara scenario is at least only a mechanical irritation and not toxic. 

It’s a classic case where we think one thing acceptable due to our backgrounds and others not when there is no real difference.

Erin puts nail polish on her daughters nails so why wouldn’t she let them have mascara?

• Upvote 7

Even if a baby wanted to wear mascara, the appropriate thing to do is to distract her. It's so easy to distract young toddlers. Show her something age-appropriate and that will capture her interest. "No, this is Mommy's but look at these measuring cups! See how they fit together!"

The inappropriate thing to do is to say, "Oh, she wants mascara, so I have to apply it. But while I"m at it, I'll snap a picture of her eyes, post it on instagram, comment how beautiful they are, and say nothing about the mascara."

4 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I wouldn’t want my child to chew on nail polish (and at that age she is probably still putting her hands, fingers and maybe still even her toes in her mouth regularly) nor do I want them to rub mascara in their eye. The mascara scenario is at least only a mechanical irritation and not toxic. 

At that age, her fingers are in her mouth constantly. I mean, she's just over a year old. I doubt she uses a knife and fork. So when she feeds herself, her fingers are in her mouth. When she sucks her thumb or fingers, they are in her mouth. 

I would never put fingernail polish on a baby that young, for health reasons. Plus, why bother? Can you really improve upon a baby? They are perfect the way they are.

I think my kids started asking for nail polish around 3 or 4, and then I allowed it, once in a while.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I disagree. Both are chemical products. Both are mostly used by women to feel pretty/for fun/ beauty expectations.

It’s a classic case where we think one thing acceptable due to our backgrounds and others not when there is no real difference.

Erin puts nail polish on her daughters nails so why wouldn’t she let them have mascara?

I get where you're coming from but you can buy nail polish without the harsh chemicals. I'm pretty sure there are lines directly specifically at babies. Not so much with mascara. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I get where you're coming from but you can buy nail polish without the harsh chemicals. I'm pretty sure there are lines directly specifically at babies. Not so much with mascara. 

You can, but most people don’t do that. Most people just put regular polish on their kids hands and we, society as a whole, never see an issue with that. I’m going with the theory that Erin was bored and this isn’t something she puts on Everly regularly. 

• Upvote 1

On 30 May 2019 at 3:15 PM, Palimpsest said:

Yes.  That was my first thought too.  I know a little boy who looks as though he is wearing mascara every time he gets tears in his eyes.  His lashes are so long they actually get tangled.

That is just so cute! 

• I Agree 1

It looks like Erin wore the same bridesmaid dress to another wedding this weekend. She posted a picture of Brielle’s wedding. I love being thrifty and I think the dress is pretty. So I say go for it! 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Are you talking about Piggy Paints? They are one of the most popular baby nail polishes. Here’s a list of their ingredients. Neem oil is a pesticide, btw, I use it in my garden (while wearing gloves). 

C8BA4DC8-7110-4F4A-B3CB-C019B6BF3641.jpeg

https://badsciencedebunked.com/tag/piggy-paints/

Edited by Hisey
  • Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic