IGNORED

Erin & Chad 5: I’m Thoroughly Defrauded by Chad’s Attire

HerNameIsBuffy

27 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

I know some people can get pretty bad bruises from the injections but I've always been lucky that I usually don't bruise or I get a very small one that fades in a day or two.

I had to do heparin shots for both of my pregnancies and unfortunately the “love handle bruises” won’t fade away this time. Maybe because I had to increase the dose due to a thrombophlebitis midway through this second pregnancy. All other bruises (and I had a lot) faded away after a week max. 

However, the hematologist never told me to limit my pregnancies although we’re done with 2 kids ? I have Factor V mutation and MTHFR.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, BrandoBarks said:

I had to do heparin shots for both of my pregnancies and unfortunately the “love handle bruises” won’t fade away this time. Maybe because I had to increase the dose due to a thrombophlebitis midway through this second pregnancy. All other bruises (and I had a lot) faded away after a week max. 

However, the hematologist never told me to limit my pregnancies although we’re done with 2 kids ? I have Factor V mutation and MTHFR.

I'm a Factor fiver too! I also possibly have APS but I never got the second blood test needed to confirm. The hematologist actually didn't seem all that concerned about the the Factor V and based on that alone wouldn't have prescribed me the heparin. But my RE disagreed and put me on them and my current OB as well wants me on them during pregnancy. My sister had a baby born IUGR before we learned about the disorder(therefore she wasn't on blood thinners) so I'm trusting my OB's on this matter. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Here you go:

D15438AF-8FC8-435B-BA33-B315C3926010.thumb.jpeg.27495eb25bb9f201adfa238270692402.jpeg

Anyone else find his response laughably hilarious given his bad habit of hating on women, specifically minority women, on Twitter? 

The response ???

F0464F57-173F-4838-B7CA-8796F21C58E9.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 32
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

@JesSky03  I bet you'd be fine with the thigh; they have a good amount of flesh and aren't super nerve heavy nor hair dense.

@theotherelise IMHO people with a needle phobia are blessed to have been healthy enough to maintain that phobia. If they got seriously sick, much less T1D or cancer, they would quickly get over it because it's not like they'd be throwing a huge fit and passing out multiple times a day. Once a day shot during pregnancy seems like nothing compared to you know, pregnancy and child birth.

I’ve known people who have refused medical treatment and made themselves very sick because of needle phobias. People have died from this as well. I dont think they are as blessed as you think. 

The phobia just doesn’t go away because a serious illness is involved. They don’t “quickly get over it.” Have you known people with this phobia? I have. They are not just playing at it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ohgeeze999 said:

The response ???

JaneyJones06 you are becoming my new favorite person. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, ohgeeze999 said:

Im starting to believe more and more that there is an unspoken competition between these sisters. Erin was of course devastated by her miscarriages, but I think Whitney having the first grandchild REALLY bothered her. She had to play catch up fast, and then she surpassed her. Now she needs to be the first one with 4 kids/the biggest family since others are “catching up”. And I think she and Alyssa definitely experience this competition for whose family looks best on social media and gets the most attention. Again, they would never admit this, but I think it exists.

If that really did bother Erin then I would assume it was more because her first pregnancy was due a week prior to Bradley. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Erin and Chad struggled to an extent with feeling both thrilled for Zachney while also grieving their own loss considering Whit and Erin would have been at the same stages of pregnancy at almost the same time. 

3 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

@theotherelise IMHO people with a needle phobia are blessed to have been healthy enough to maintain that phobia. If they got seriously sick, much less T1D or cancer, they would quickly get over it because it's not like they'd be throwing a huge fit and passing out multiple times a day. Once a day shot during pregnancy seems like nothing compared to you know, pregnancy and child birth.

I’d agree with this. I got stuck with so many needles in various places during my pregnancy and birth of my daughter (I ended up having blood drawn from the back of my hand because I was poked so much) that needles don’t really phase me at this point. I’m not excited to start weekly progesterone shots on Monday, but I’m not dreading the actual injections.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, ohgeeze999 said:

The response ???

Lawson's got a helluva nerve telling someone to get a hobby when he obviously has the time to not only monitor comments on his own pages, but those of his siblings too.  :crazy:

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7

Bless JaneyJones06 lol. I wish Lawson had the balls to respond to that. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

@VelociRapture can you get some of that PIO bravery to rub off on me?! I just got my FET schedule and I am absolutely dreading the PIO. I will take giving myself subq injections any day over IM. Besides the progesterone being a notoriously uncomfortable shot, I have to get my husband involved for intramuscular ones which just ratchets up the anxiety. 

I guess the bright side is that if you are using them, it’s for a good hopeful or realized cause.

I really doubt Erin has trouble at all at this point with daily injections. She knows they work for her and she knows the alternative and she believes God has called her to have children to expand his kingdom. That is a lot of motivation.

Edited by theotherelise
Tipsy typing
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I still hate needles. No matter how many times I get poked it never goes away. I had to give myself injections for five or six months while on Humira and it was hard psych myself up for it every two weeks and then later every week. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I did the PIO myself. It took about 15 minutes to psych myself up the first time. With the rest I was on automatic pilot. You do what you have to do. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Sometimes people do get over the fear of needles. I got a very aggressive stomach bacteria as a child and mono at the same time so I had to be hospitalized for a couple of months, my veins are invisible or something and had to get a tube for feeding, most definitely got over the fear of needles. My veins are still invisible and incredibly hard to find but I don't even blink when I have to get poked.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, theotherelise said:

@VelociRapture can you get some of that PIO bravery to rub off on me?! I just got my FET schedule and I am absolutely dreading the PIO. I will take giving myself subq injections any day over IM. Besides the progesterone being a notoriously uncomfortable shot, I have to get my husband involved for intramuscular ones which just ratchets up the anxiety. 

I guess the bright side is that if you are using them, it’s for a good hopeful or realized cause.

I really doubt Erin has trouble at all at this point with daily injections. She knows they work for her and she knows the alternative and she believes God has called her to have children to expand his kingdom. That is a lot of motivation.

This is my first pregnancy where I’ve needed the progesterone shots, so I have no clue how uncomfortable they’ll be for me. I’m hoping it’s not too bad or else I likely will start dreading them. I’m honestly not looking forward to them simply because I have to go into the office to be injected. It was either that or have a Nurse come do it at home and we didn’t want to pay for that, so office it is. Their office is about 35 minutes away without traffic and I already have to go in for weekly cervical length monitoring - unfortunately those appointments can’t be combined due to the ultrasound person’s schedule. We’re trying to sell our house and then need to find somewhere else to live, so it’s just a lot of stress to try and juggle all at once. I’m hoping once I start the appointments that I’ll find it’s not so bad and easier than I was worried about. 

I need the shots because my daughter was a 34 week preemie. We have no reason to explain why, but we have a couple of theories. The not knowing why she was early does still bother me because it’s difficult to feel prepared this time when we don’t even know why it happened. My Doctor is hoping the shots combined with the cervical length monitoring will help me carry longer this time, but I’m still planning to be ready for the birth by early October anyways. My kids take after me in the sense that they enjoy trolling their parents. ?

• Confused 1
  • Love 7

Giving birth is nothing compared to needles, for me. I had 2 unmedicated births due to needle phobia! I did however have to have an immunoglobulin shot in my arse though, due to chicken pox exposure during pregnancy#2. That was pretty unpleasant, but at least I couldn’t see the needle, so the panic was less ?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Giving birth is nothing compared to needles, for me. I had 2 unmedicated births due to needle phobia! I did however have to have an immunoglobulin shot in my arse though, due to chicken pox exposure during pregnancy#2. That was pretty unpleasant, but at least I couldn’t see the needle, so the panic was less ?

I have heard so many people say this exact thing. The mind is an interesting thing, for sure. I have no needle phobias at all and have drawn blood, started IVs and given thousands of injections, yet I would have a really hard time pricking my own finger tip-

• Upvote 3

Ugh! I had to have rabies shots a couple years ago. The first round was five shots....those hurt SO bad! After the first 2 I was crying & begging him to stop. He left the room for a few minutes (poor guy!) to give me a little time to compose myself. By far the worse shots I've had in my life! I dare say those rabies shots were worse than my hysterectomy. Seriously.

Edited by mollysmom
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Hisey said:

I’ve known people who have refused medical treatment and made themselves very sick because of needle phobias. People have died from this as well. I dont think they are as blessed as you think. 

The phobia just doesn’t go away because a serious illness is involved. They don’t “quickly get over it.” Have you known people with this phobia? I have. They are not just playing at it. 

This!! I am terrified of needles, like anytime I know I have to get bloods done or an injection I get this overwhelming sense of dread and panic. It’s like fight or flight where I really want to take flight. The nurse at my GP surgery has to have me laying down and facing away from her and basically not aware of when the needles coming to get anything from me and it’s taken a lot of trust building to even get to the point where I’ll let her anywhere near me with a needle.  

Unfortunately, I have a condition that’s required lumbar punctures and lots and lots of blood work. It’s awful knowing how I’m going to feel before even getting near the hospital. They actually had to give me Diazepam before my first LP or else i was so worked up that they wouldn’t have gotten near me. It’s like I know I need it for my health but there’s just something  about needles. 

My mum thinks the terror I feel stems from the fact that I have really bad veins that can be hard to find and get blood from and when I was a baby and young child one particular doctor used to take it from my ankle if he couldn’t get a vein in my arm and she said my screams when it was done were one of the most horrific things she’s even heard. 

• Love 11

3 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

This!! I am terrified of needles, like anytime I know I have to get bloods done or an injection I get this overwhelming sense of dread and panic. It’s like fight or flight where I really want to take flight. The nurse at my GP surgery has to have me laying down and facing away from her and basically not aware of when the needles coming to get anything from me and it’s taken a lot of trust building to even get to the point where I’ll let her anywhere near me with a needle.  

Unfortunately, I have a condition that’s required lumbar punctures and lots and lots of blood work. It’s awful knowing how I’m going to feel before even getting near the hospital. They actually had to give me Diazepam before my first LP or else i was so worked up that they wouldn’t have gotten near me. It’s like I know I need it for my health but there’s just something  about needles. 

My mum thinks the terror I feel stems from the fact that I have really bad veins that can be hard to find and get blood from and when I was a baby and young child one particular doctor used to take it from my ankle if he couldn’t get a vein in my arm and she said my screams when it was done were one of the most horrific things she’s even heard. 

People with needle phobia have actually died (had heart attacks) when faced with having to have a shot. That’s rare, but it has happened. Blessed indeed! I hate when people take a fear they dont understand and decide that person needs to toughen up. “If you had a real disease...”

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 6/6/2019 at 11:30 PM, AussieKrissy said:

They have a lot of followers compared to the average joe. It could be quite time consuming to block them all.

If  I was a public figure, I would just disable comments. Job done. 

Same. I have this insatiable need to read comments on things. Frankly, that's how I ended up here on FJ.

I've found a few accounts online lately where a famous person or a youtube channel has just turned off the comments. It's kind of nice to just be like "oh nice picture" and not feel compelled to see what a bunch of random people have to say about something and then have to digest how that makes you feel. Taylor Swift's insta for example has no comment section. Good for her. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 6/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, ohgeeze999 said:

The response ???

DANG! Janeyjones06 should join here. She/he has sass. ?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I'm needle phobic. Fortunately, I do have good veins and my doctor lets me have a tube of Emla cream to use for whenever I need blood draws. I've managed it without, but I don't see why if my veins are still findable with using it. There;'s not way to know for sure why, but I think it is related to 1) ran away in the hospital when I needed my shots at 5 years old. So once they found me, getting them involved holding me down while I screamed, and 2) my little sister fell off the waterbed and had to have stitches around that same time. To my 5 years old mind, it was a lot of blood and drama. My doctor suggested that we get me used to seeing needles, etc. to reduce my fear but I remembered her that I worked in a veterinary clinic and did most of my own vet work on the farm. Perhaps I'm not really scared of needles just of someone else being in charge of the needle that is going to poke into me, which would be more like a fear of not being in control.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Perhaps I'm not really scared of needles just of someone else being in charge of the needle that is going to poke into me, which would be more like a fear of not being in control.

Yeah, I am extremely squeamish, but I've had no problems mixing and giving myself shots. I've passed out when I saw bloody noses, vomited and passed out while giving blood (although later successfully gave platelets and tons of blood donations), I had a seizure when someone described passing a kidney stone, I passed out three times in a row when someone was telling me about their knee replacement, and when my husband's shoulder popped out of socket, I had to lay down and put my feet up to prevent passing out.

But I've been able to give myself something like 25 shots so far with another 15 or so to go. And I also hate not being in control!

• Love 4

I'm living proof you can get over your fear of needles. It's amazing what pregnancy can make you do! 

I have always been TERRIFIED of needles, like a paralyzing fear even since I was a child. I managed to get through a couple of blood draws when trying to get pregnant. Then when my first pregnancy ended up being an Ectopic I had a TON of blood draws as well as a Methotrexate injection. Every couple of days I had to go back in for another draw until my levels reached 0. I felt like I was constantly getting poked. By the time I went into the hospital to have a baby I didn't even flinch when they started my IV. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I'm needle phobic. Fortunately, I do have good veins and my doctor lets me have a tube of Emla cream to use for whenever I need blood draws. I've managed it without, but I don't see why if my veins are still findable with using it. There;'s not way to know for sure why, but I think it is related to 1) ran away in the hospital when I needed my shots at 5 years old. So once they found me, getting them involved holding me down while I screamed, and 2) my little sister fell off the waterbed and had to have stitches around that same time. To my 5 years old mind, it was a lot of blood and drama. My doctor suggested that we get me used to seeing needles, etc. to reduce my fear but I remembered her that I worked in a veterinary clinic and did most of my own vet work on the farm. Perhaps I'm not really scared of needles just of someone else being in charge of the needle that is going to poke into me, which would be more like a fear of not being in control.

I’m similar in respect to being in charge of needles, I had to learn to give one of the horses her injections because she hates the vet, I have no idea why. She’s placid and docile as anything under normal circumstances, like when riding her you have to give her the hardest kick ever to get her going to anything faster than a walk, she’d happily just dander about with someone on her back all day. But with our vet she completely freaked and kicked etc, I couldn’t take it so we tried with me doing it under the vets instruction and she was completely fine with me doing it - so I’ve done any basic injections she’s needed since. I don’t know if it’s maybe a trust thing and we have a bond so she trusts me or what. 

But ive never felt fear with those needles, just ones that have came near me ?

• Love 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic