IGNORED

Erin & Chad 5: I’m Thoroughly Defrauded by Chad’s Attire

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I watched the video of everyone packaging the stuff, it looked like Zach and Whit’s house.

Carlin said it was. Maybe they have the biggest house.

My friend from high school had 4 brothers and 4 sisters. They grew up in a 3 bedroom house. Each kid room had 2 bunk beds. The girls room had an additional single bed. My friend was the youngest sister so had the room to herself by the time we were in HS.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I could so see him building a triple bunk bed in that bedroom in order to accommodate Erin. I have this feeling Erin wants to stay in the house and Chad just goes along with it. 

They’ve said that Chad doesn’t like debt and doesn’t want to move till they can afford to pay for the house outright or close to it.

I think Erin would love to have more space. Why would anyone want to stay in a tiny house with three little kids, if they didn't have to? Especially since she seems to like keeping things  perfect-looking and tidy. I bet she dreams of a house with a big playroom. As for the big yard, I dont think big yards are in short supply in rural Tennessee 

I also dont think they have a lot of cash right now. You don't make money flipping houses until you sell, and Chad has to pay wages to all those unskilled Bates men he hires.

• Upvote 3

Does Chad own the houses he’s working on or is he just getting jobs on the houses as a self employed contractor?

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

They’ve said that Chad doesn’t like debt and doesn’t want to move till they can afford to pay for the house outright or close to it.

I think Erin would love to have more space. Why would anyone want to stay in a tiny house with three little kids, if they didn't have to? Especially since she seems to like keeping things  perfect-looking and tidy. I bet she dreams of a house with a big playroom. As for the big yard, I dont think big yards are in short supply in rural Tennessee 

I also dont think they have a lot of cash right now. You don't make money flipping houses until you sell, and Chad has to pay wages to all those unskilled Bates men he hires.

Then where does he get the money to flip houses? If he’s such a hater of debt? I didn’t think he was flipping houses. I thought he was doing renovations for people who owned the houses.

Plus if Erin wanted a bigger house that bad, they could just rent a bigger house. But Erin has said she loves the house. Which likely is the reason why they don’t just rent a bigger house.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If it isn’t now, I bet it will be soon. It’s so much easier and more fun to make your money by modeling modest dresses and making sponsored posts on social media. Packaging and shipping dresses is boring. They will soon be paying someone to do the boring work. If they aren’t already. 

Carlin’s new looks may kill the modesty brand. She better be careful.

4 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I would imagine they will pay for someone to help with packing and shipping soon too. That video last night of them all packing... their faces all looked miserable.

Well, that is not a surprise. Lawson and perhaps Zach are the only Batesesessses with any sort of demonstrable work ethic and even Lawson seems to have forgotten that part of his life.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If it isn’t now, I bet it will be soon. It’s so much easier and more fun to make your money by modeling modest dresses and making sponsored posts on social media. Packaging and shipping dresses is boring. They will soon be paying someone to do the boring work. If they aren’t already. 

Paying? I don't think so. Having an employee is expensive and I doubt they are making enough money. I wonder if they will use some of the middle Bates' boys or maybe even Addalee to do that work. They can give them a little allowance. They are used to free work, Addie has been already used as aunty-nanny.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Paying? I don't think so. Having an employee is expensive and I doubt they are making enough money. I wonder if they will use some of the middle Bates' boys or maybe even Addalee to do that work. They can give them a little allowance. They are used to free work, Addie has been already used as aunty-nanny.

I guess they are more likely to pay if the money stays in the family. Maybe they will pay Jackson, Isaiah and Warden to do it. I agree that they likely won’t pay them a lot. But if the money stays in the family, it does tend to benefit them more. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Krdy6 said:

Well here comes #4

007B95A8-9FCC-4455-9295-C97C2A17376B.png

Wow, she really looks like Alyssa in that side view. I had no idea their profiles were that similar! But yikes. Another baby Paine coming. They *must* be going to burst out of their house soon, but otherwise definitely time to think about those bunk beds discussed upthread.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I wonder when she's due. Erin's previous babies have been early, right? So this could be ANOTHER November baby. 

• Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, BookwormExtraordinaire said:

I wonder when she's due. Erin's previous babies have been early, right? So this could be ANOTHER November baby. 

November is Fundie Babygeddon for sure!

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, BookwormExtraordinaire said:

Per the announcement she's due in December. Slightly after the November babygeddon but right in that general vicinity.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

She's aiming to beat her mother, huh? Congrats to them, I guess.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 6/4/2019 at 9:21 PM, FaithAndReason said:

I never said I hoped for it. Not sure where you got that from. I said I think she might be early pregnant again. 

And you were right! Looks like @Ivycoveredtower called it a week or so earlier as well.

I can't tell if Erin is truly quiverfull or simply refuses to be bested in the baby making department. I know we're not supposed to be shocked, but I am with this one. Maybe it's because she has alluded to struggles with three small children as opposed to two. 

• Upvote 1

I read this post on Duggar data few weeks ago...

Screenshot_20190606-180303_Tumblr.jpgall I can think about is yekes!!

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 4

Damn, it seems like she just had a baby. I will never understand the logic of  how having more of something makes each individual thing more special or precious. All this means is each of those kids 4 and under will have a smaller share of their parents’ time. Is Carson old enough to be a brother dad?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Of course we were just talking about her trying to squeeze a fourth child into that house and she announced yet another pregnancy. I just can’t be happy about yet another fundie Bates baby. It’s crappy. But Erin and Chad seem like fundie lifers to me. I doubt they will ever leave the fold.

It looks like this baby will have an age difference similar to Brooklyn and Everly. If Erin keeps the spacing around 19/20 months, we can probably predict her future announcements like we can easily predict Anna D and Priscilla W announcements. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Their caption:

#surprise #4

Fixed it:

#notasurprisebecausewedontusebirthcontrolandbabymakingisattheheartofourcult #4

Hope she has a healthy and uncomplicated pregnancy and receives regular pre-natal care, knowing her past issues.

And now Alyssa will announce in 3,2,1...

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 30

4 minutes ago, freethemall said:

And now Alyssa will announce in 3,2,1

She's still recovering. They said her heart issues may come back, so while I wouldn't be surprised by a Webster announcement, she's the less probable to announce right now. It's Tori's time (and soon Carly's).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Actually in the Up announce it says that tonigh, well the 6 of June, there will be a special about Erin and Chad babies and next week about Alyssa and John... so we could have a special announce from the soon also, or Tori. For Carlin I can't decide if she will go for the honeymoon baby root or will wait a little 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3

Sigh.

Not surprised in the least.

Remember when we all thought Erin would have only a few because she struggled before Carson and then they were all scared for her health?

And, actually, is it possible that the Alyssa+John special will cover her heart surgery, and has nothing to do with a baby announcement? They do that sometimes, right?--just talk about general life happenings, not necessarily just babies?

• Upvote 6

@meee I don't think so since this special are all about baby's or better all about grand bates birth 

• Upvote 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic