IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2018 at 10:29 AM, artdecades said:

Let's see, what to snark on first?

Barely touching, nose ring intentionally visible

Because a nose ring will never lose its edginess... despite it not being edgy 1 year ago or even 10. 

Like others have said, I'm genuinely surprised none of them have been doing influencer/brand rep posts before. Or maybe they have and I'm just so used to ignoring that stuff I didn't notice? ;) Especially since a lot of that type of marketing seems to be done by people promoting that they are still a SAHM

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

What’s this about Joy and Bible College?

We're talking about it over in the main episode discussion. 

Read from this post to the end of the thread for information on the Duggars and "higher education" in general as a result of the Counting On clip of Josiah, Lauren, and Lily visiting L&L's community college. 

Start here if you specifically want to know what Joy means when she says *she's* doing Bible College.

7 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I’m trying to figure out how Si ‘does real estate’.  He doesn’t have an agent license, and their brokerage seems to exist only so they can buy shit for themselves or help close fundie associates. Maybe it’s like how Joy ‘does Bible College’ according to the webisode with Lauren and her sister.

I thought he said on a recent episode that he just got his license.

4 minutes ago, beepy13 said:

I thought he said on a recent episode that he just got his license.

The only registered agents are Boob and Joe.  Mary is a broker.

14 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

That picture...it's not cute, in fact it's very cringe worthy. Just as bad as the Michelle and JimBob kissing picture from a few years back. 

:brain-bleach:

The picture I can never erase from my brain is the one where Michelle and JB and Anna and Josh are kissing behind a crib with Jordyn (??) and Mac when they were babies.

:eyewash:

Since it went sooooo well the last time,  Derick has decided to bore Sam to death by reading to him yet again? Also, Sam is starting to look so much more like Israel! 

disclaimer: I have no idea at all about law or contracts.

Should it be capitalised? Random upper case letters in the middle of sentences irritate me but I don’t know if I’m being irritated by Derick or I’m I’m eating too many crackers. 

3 hours ago, adidas said:

Should it be capitalised? Random upper case letters in the middle of sentences irritate me but I don’t know if I’m being irritated by Derick or I’m I’m eating too many crackers. 

I think it's a class called "Contracts," not just some contracts he happens to be studying.

Edit: Yep, it's one of the first year courses.

And by study buddy he means, he was reading, minding his own business when Jill put their baby there for an IG photo op. 

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

And by study buddy he means, he was reading, minding his own business when Jill put their baby there for an IG photo op. 

Given he’s like two pages in he can’t have been at it for long...

Ok but Izzy and Sam have a toy kitchen in the background!? Do they play at cooking???

WHAT IF THAT MAKES THEM GAYS???? 

(I guess OfJill cooks when we feels so inclined, so maybe they don’t consider it a gendered toy. But I’m honestly a little surprised because plenty of people do think of toy kitchens as girl toys. Does the fact that it isn’t pink somehow preserve their delicate heterosexuality? Oh my god, am I actually, like, a little impressed? The bar is so low with these two.)

2 hours ago, ladyaudley said:

Given he’s like two pages in he can’t have been at it for long...

I was thinking the same thing. If he is in week two of school, he should be way farther along unless he is re-reading the earlier material. Usually, you get about 20-30 pages of reading for each session of that class. Maybe this is from the first week. Although, first semester of contacts was difficult for me so there is no way I could study with a baby practically on top of me and a spouse taking pictures and likely trying to divert my attention to them. 

8 hours ago, adidas said:

It is the title of a first year course in every law school curriculum.  So, yes. 

7 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

It is the title of a first year course in every law school curriculum.  So, yes. 

plus there are so many types of Contracts

:D

Sam “helping you study”? More like Sam trying to get your attention and you ignoring him, again. 

Dont get me wrong, studying is great, and necessary to get the most out of your education, however I don’t think a one year old is a great study budy. More of a distraction than anything.   I just don’t think he should be expecting to get much studying done at home. Put the book down and pay attention to your child!!

A good picture of D'Wreck's cognitive dissonance at work:  Studying with Sam is contradictory to Parenting Sam or Engaging with Sam.    #conflictedpapa 

27 minutes ago, curlykate said:

Sam “helping you study”? More like Sam trying to get your attention and you ignoring him, again. 

Dont get me wrong, studying is great, and necessary to get the most out of your education, however I don’t think a one year old is a great study budy. More of a distraction than anything.   I just don’t think he should be expecting to get much studying done at home. Put the book down and pay attention to your child!!

I've seen basically the same picture with the same "helping me study" caption from so many people who are in school and have small children and/or pets. :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I've seen basically the same picture with the same "helping me study" caption from so many people who are in school and have small children and/or pets. :pb_lol:

This. Not a big deal or something to hate on. I have similar pics with a cat and a very young nephew "helping". 

Yeah, this is yet another attempt at a joke by Derick and Jill.  But because Derick comes across as utterly humourless and ignoring his kid almost by default, it falls a bit flat.  

As an aside, I find his wonky mouth so distracting in every picture.  

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

I think the difference is that Sam looks like a deer in headlights and like he wants to escape but Derick has him penned in. :P

The Dillards can't manage cute when they themselves are in the pictures! 

6 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Ok but Izzy and Sam have a toy kitchen in the background!? Do they play at cooking???

WHAT IF THAT MAKES THEM GAYS???? 

(I guess OfJill cooks when we feels so inclined, so maybe they don’t consider it a gendered toy. But I’m honestly a little surprised because plenty of people do think of toy kitchens as girl toys. Does the fact that it isn’t pink somehow preserve their delicate heterosexuality? Oh my god, am I actually, like, a little impressed? The bar is so low with these two.)

Weird, someone posted almost this EXACT comment last time Jill posted a picture of the toy kitchen (maybe 3 or 4 months ago?).  I don't really understand where this idea comes from because the Duggars have never associated cooking with homosexuality, Jill has showed off Derick's cooking, we've seen Jim Bob "cooking" (see: the infamous barbecue sauce tuna), and the boys sometimes helped out in the kitchen.  I mean, as kids, it was the girls' jurisdiction, but it's not as if cooking has ever been off-limits to the males.  

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived