IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ofjill and Ofwreck haven't figured out that people don't want to see their faces yet. The sushi is more appealing. 

I hope Jill isn't pregnant and stays that way for at least the next three years.  Much longer, actually.

I'm no fan of Derick but wonder if he advocated for different (better) prenatal care, especially for Sam, and was "outvoted".  I imagine that might cause some tension between a couple, given what we've been shown/told of the outcomes.

23 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I hope Jill isn't pregnant and stays that way for at least the next three years.  Much longer, actually.

I'm no fan of Derick but wonder if he advocated for different (better) prenatal care, especially for Sam, and was "outvoted".  I imagine that might cause some tension between a couple, given what we've been shown/told of the outcomes.

I doubt it, Derick was the one who said "we might have to give birth in Central America", Jill didn't look happy.

What, pray tell, is this budget they live on? 

Sushi dinners - $50

A few more copies of Little Golden Turner Diaries to read to their bored, ayudame-faced children - $30/book (probably)

Law school so Derick can avoid adulthood but maintain the facade of not being a neckbeard manchild - $18,000 per year

1 minute ago, nastyhobbitses said:

What, pray tell, is this budget they live on? 

Sushi dinners - $50

A few more copies of Little Golden Turner Diaries to read to their bored, ayudame-faced children - $30/book (probably)

Law school so Derick can avoid adulthood but maintain the facade of not being a neckbeard manchild - $18,000 per year

Derick is literally full of BS

I would also love to know how they're doing this without going into debt. I have a feeling Derick's broken a few of the promises he made to Jim Bob.

7 hours ago, Ilovebrownies said:

I

2C7E3CBB-A546-4AF0-8695-DBB853DE9674.jpeg

He didn't mention grifting. 

"You should make other good financial choices", says Derick Dillard, the man who once chose to "volunteer" to be a reality TV show full-time without pay and then got mad when it got hard to pay his bills.  

Derick, you've already admitted to making some of the most asinine financial choices I've ever seen during one of your many Twitter meltdowns.  Either you were lying then or you are lying now.  Which one?

I get that he is saying you can live on a tight budget and still include nights out sometimes.  That being said, I don't think thats what they are doing, and even if it was where are they getting even the money for the tight budget?

In order to devise a "budget" you need a steady income source

Neither Jill nor Dimwit has a paying job SO:

Where does the steady income stream needed for a budget actually come from?

Inherited wealth?

Cathy?

JB?

Begging, borrowing or stealing?

Put up, or shut up, Dillard.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I would also love to know how they're doing this without going into debt. I have a feeling Derick's broken a few of the promises he made to Jim Bob.

Or else JB is being extensively generous (doubtful). 

Man, Derick really is such a blowhard, isn't he? Clueless, out of touch, and condescending all at once. Does he really think the rest of us are so stupid that we think he and Jill can afford law school tuition, a family of four with two non-income earning parents, and dinners out because they keep their Mint spreadsheets up to date?

He's been so segregated from actual adult life he really doesn't get we all see right through him.  As someone really into personal finance (and who actually pays her own bills from her own job), I can't tell you how much I would LOVE to hear about Derick Dillard's "good financial choices."

4 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Or else JB is being extensively generous (doubtful). 

Man, Derick really is such a blowhard, isn't he? Dumb, clueless, and condescending all at once. Does he really think the rest of us are so stupid that we think he and Jill can afford law school tuition, a family of four with two non-income earning parents, and dinners out because they keep their Mint spreadsheets up to date?

He's been so segregated from actual adult life he really doesn't get we all see right through him. 

It's one of thing that bugs me most about these folks- THEY think WE are stupid.

Does Dwreck threatening to reveal how JB controls the income from the show count as a "good financial choice"?  

ETA:  I do think Boob is providing some income to the Dillards to keep D(er)ick quiet, but I wonder if Cathy is enabling, er, footing the school bills for her 'precious' son?  Notice the boys are with Cathy on the regular rather than all of the auntie moms.  

36 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It's one of thing that bugs me most about these folks- THEY think WE are stupid.

Derick worked at accounting, if I remember correctly.

But the guy isn't so smart after all. He comes across as a snob. And strange. 

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

"You should make other good financial choices", says Derick Dillard, the man who once chose to "volunteer" to be a reality TV show full-time without pay and then got mad when it got hard to pay his bills.  

Derick, you've already admitted to making some of the most asinine financial choices I've ever seen during one of your many Twitter meltdowns.  Either you were lying then or you are lying now.  Which one?

both - 

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

, I can't tell you how much I would LOVE to hear about Derick Dillard's "good financial choices."

maybe he can teach an elective class at law school 

Who wants to sign up??? anyone have an hour to spare

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Sushi dinners - $50

I don't know where you live, but I've never had a sushi dinner cost more than $10 a person, and each person tends to get 2-3 rolls. My friends and I tend to get sushi BECAUSE it's so cheap. 

I think that JimBob has a lot more $ than most people here assume. I don't for a minute believe that all or most of his $ is tied up in real estate, though a lot of it obviously is. But he appears shrewd financially and cheap. Don't forget that the original show (not the specials, but the ongoing X Kids & Counting show) started at the end of 2008 just as the stock market was bottoming out. Anybody with a shred of financial savvy and some $ to invest in the next couple of years has gotten away like a bandit. I see people here all the time trying to calculate how much they made off the show as if it's some finite amount of $. Money grows if you invest it and you can pretty much live off the returns if you've invested well enough.

What we don't know is the arrangement he has with the adult kids at this point. But think about it - Jill and Derrick are like a bottomless pit. After Walmart they've basically had no income. I don't care how many times Jessa refers to Ben going to "work", I very much doubt that whatever he's doing is supporting them comfortably and having them shop at Whole Foods, eat out constantly, etc. Trust me if he were making a pretty penny we'd all know about it by now. They are obviously less craven than the Dillards and haven't needed cash for big expenditures that we know of but they are subsidized, you can bet on it. Josh and Anna with FIVE children and Josh working at that pathetic car lot? Please. Also subsidized to some degree. Joy and Austin are a bit less clear because they appear productive in a way none of the others are so I can buy that he's not shelling out much there if anything at all. Jinger and Jeremy have a very nice house, seemingly endless funds to renovate and furnish it, are stylishly dressed, flying all over the country, Jeremy is studying and what can he be bringing in as a pastor to some tiiiiny congregation? Unless he has some prior savings I can see JB being the bank here too. Joe/Kendra and Josiah/Lauren again would have minimal income, not much different than Josh, albeit with lesser needs since they have 1 or no children thus far. 

He's financing the vast majority if not all of them, how much and what the terms are, well that we'll probably never know unless there is a tell-all.

4 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I don't know where you live, but I've never had a sushi dinner cost more than $10 a person, and each person tends to get 2-3 rolls. My friends and I tend to get sushi BECAUSE it's so cheap. 

Rolls are usually in the 10 dollar range here, and more for the fancier ones.

36 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Derick worked at accounting, if I remember correctly.

But the guy isn't so smart after all. He comes across as a snob. And strange. 

Accounting is all about shutting your brain off and typing in numbers into columns without thinking too much about it.

I had 4 mindlessly boring years of accounting in highschool. At first I tried logic and was always like "That doesn't make any sense". Until a friend's grandma (an accountant...) helped us to study for a test. "Don't try to make sense of it. Learn your account classes and which class increases on the right or the left according to that first numbers" That advice made it so much easier.

13 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

perhaps she meant $50 a week 

24 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I've never had sushi that cost $10/person or even anything close to that. Good sushi places are expensive.

I'm not a sushi fan, but I've seen a lot of good sushi places with $8-$10 rolls - even on the left coast of the USA.

Edit:  in London, DH and DD had sushi rolls at some food emporium, and they were £9 each. I had seared ahi tuna. It was £13. Still a cheap dinner.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived