IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

50 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

Jilly muffin just blocked me on instagram because she posted a picture of her with some hummus & I had the nerve to ask her why she feels the need to make every photo a selfie? I asked why she can't just post a picture of the hummus. And then asked her if she's that full of herself? Haha I feel like just won some kind of badge of honor!!!

At least her mouth is closed

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming out of lurkdom to say I feel really sorry for Jill. I see so much of myself in her, and so much of my abusive ex-husband in Derick. 

I, too, grew up in a very conservative family, and married my ex through betrothal (similar to courtship). I was a people pleaser and followed all the rules because I was told it would protect me and that God would bless me.

Marriage was hellish, my husband (A Good Christian Man) was emotionally abusive; immature, financially irresponsible, and cut me off from literally everything I loved. We had four kids very close together, because pregnancy and babies were the only things that brought me any happiness. But I also was extremely overwhelmed with parenting, and dealt with severe depression and anxiety, which my husband guilt-tripped me for. 

After almost 10 years, I decided I'd had enough of his bullshit and I divorced him. I'm going to school for nursing now, and the future looks very bright. 

All that to say, I think there is hope for Jill. I grew up a hardcore Conservative Christian, and now I'm a divorced, liberal, agnostic single mom. If I could get out, so can she. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, mollysmom said:

Jilly muffin just blocked me on instagram because she posted a picture of her with some hummus & I had the nerve to ask her why she feels the need to make every photo a selfie? I asked why she can't just post a picture of the hummus. And then asked her if she's that full of herself? Haha I feel like just won some kind of badge of honor!!!

Is she that thin skinned to block a person over that? Good grief! 

Just now, Sky with diamonds said:

Is she that thin skinned to block a person over that? Good grief! 

I know, right? I couldn't believe it to be honest! Girl, you are trying so hard to keep yourself in the public eye, but can't even handle someone making a comment you don't like?! Grow up!

2 cans of Chick Peas to 1 clove of garlic? 

Dillard is probably the one who blocks people. I can't see JM doing that....she's too much of a people pleaser.

54 minutes ago, Caro said:

All that to say, I think there is hope for Jill. I grew up a hardcore Conservative Christian, and now I'm a divorced, liberal, agnostic single mom. If I could get out, so can she. Time will tell. 

I’m glad you got yourself and your children out of there, and welcome to the other side. I hope you’re as proud of the progress you’ve made as you deserve to be.  

I still think there’s hope for Jill, and for most of the other 2nd generation fundies, too.  It’s never too late to change your life.

When did it become a right to watch someone's life? I'm studying for my naturalization test, and I didn't see that anywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

When did it become a right to watch someone's life? I'm studying for my naturalization test, and I didn't see that anywhere.

Apparently you have to fight for your right to party AND to watch the Dillards and J/A/M/M/M/M/M.  

21 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I'm not a food snob at all, but isn't tahini what makes hummus, hummus?

Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds; basic hummus is made with ground chickpeas. Some recipes mix tahini sauce into the hummus.

27 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't want to get snarky because I like you but I feel like the fact that she has an instagram account and it is open to anyone who chooses to follow her life, then I do have a right to watch her life & give my opinion. (I'm guessing that was directed towards me) 

2 minutes ago, Drala said:

Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds; basic hummus is made with ground chickpeas. Some recipes mix tahini sauce into the hummus.

I truly have never heard of making hummus without tahini, it's in every recipe I've ever seen. 

5 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I don't want to get snarky because I like you but I feel like the fact that she has an instagram account and it is open to anyone who chooses to follow her life, then I do have a right to watch her life & give my opinion. (I'm guessing that was directed towards me) 

haha @Bad Wolf was referring to the instagram comment that was posted above by @bella8050 about Counting On and them taking Jill/Derick off of it. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

haha @Bad Wolf was referring to the instagram comment that was posted above by @bella8050 about Counting On and them taking Jill/Derick off of it. 

Oh. Oops. Guess I'm a little paranoid. Thanks Carm_88. And I'm sorry BadWolf! :(

38 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

A comment from the hummus post. I need a side eye emoji.

CA24078A-FC6A-4CB4-A25F-DBAA0DA3ADCB.jpeg

Ah yes. The lesser known right outlined in the first amendment. The right to freedom of religion, expression, publicly gather, petition the government, and to watch assholes on reality TV

My hummus has tahini in it. I've been making it for two decades now, and pretty much eyeball the ingredients at this stage, but here it is:

1 can chickpeas (drained, reserve liquid in case it's needed to thin the hummus for blending)

2/3 of a cup tahini

3/4 cup lemon juice (I like it lemony)

2 large cloves of garlic, or a heaping tablespoon of the pre crushed stuff

Salt and cumin to taste

Sometimes I sprinkle chili powder into it. Once I made it with a cooked beet blended in, and it was a really pretty pink colour.

Ok, now I want home made hummus!

The hummus pic on instagram really seems to have brought out the crazy, as well as the picture before it of Jill with the baby. 

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:
35 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

My hummus has tahini in it. I've been making it for two decades now, and pretty much eyeball the ingredients at this stage, but here it is:

1 can chickpeas (drained, reserve liquid in case it's needed to thin the hummus for blending)

2/3 of a cup tahini

3/4 cup lemon juice (I like it lemony)

2 large cloves of garlic, or a heaping tablespoon of the pre crushed stuff

Salt and cumin to taste

Sometimes I sprinkle chili powder into it. Once I made it with a cooked beet blended in, and it was a really pretty pink colour.

Ok, now I want home made hummus!

I

I have hummus in my fridge, goes great with celery and just a spoon

thanks for the recipe - mine is from whole foods. 

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

wonderful news about the test.  Are you becoming Canadian? :D

@louisa05 for some reason I always imagine you as being from Louisiana (presumably because of your name).  I loved visiting Omaha and always mention it as one of the great cities near where I lived in Iowa when people are pissing on the midwest.

And on a fully unrelated note to the hummus, around the same time I learned how to make hummus (with the tahini in my fridge from a recipe like a year previously) I stumbled across a recipe for a dip using asparagus and green peas, to be used as guacamole.  So, so tasty!  I'm an asparagus lover and I can't smell (or don't produce) asparagus pee.

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

I truly have never heard of making hummus without tahini, it's in every recipe I've ever seen. 

I also have never heard, in the Middle East or anywhere, that a basic hummus has no tahini. The only time I've seen that made is when people are allergic to sesame or to decrease the # of calories...

If you want to get technical, "hummus" just means "chickpeas," and the full name of the typical "hummus" dish is "hummus bi tahini," or "hummus with tahini." There are hummus dishes with other stuff.

But yeah, the dish people typically mean when they say "hummus" is almost always made with tahini (it's in the (full) name!). I've heard of people making it without, but it's not typical.

Follow up post from the comment on Jill's IG I posted earlier. 150,000 percent support! To quote the great Jack McFarland "someone put a little extra crazy powder in the protein shake"

C3829B8B-858D-4410-9F96-81B7966E3AF5.jpeg

1 hour ago, bella8050 said:

Follow up post from the comment on Jill's IG I posted earlier. 150,000 percent support! To quote the great Jack McFarland "someone put a little extra crazy powder in the protein shake"

C3829B8B-858D-4410-9F96-81B7966E3AF5.jpeg

Derick, have you created a sock for yourself?

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived