IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

Derick is in law school. Jill’s only a few emojis away from going full hun*. Izzy and Sam are still bored, probably. 

Continued from: 

*”Hun” is a slang term for women who push MLMs through social media, taken from their cut and paste sales pitches, which often begin with “Hey hun!”

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Let's get down to business! To defeat...the huns! 

Did they send me daughters when I asked for sons?

(... It seemed apt.) 

1 minute ago, acheronbeach said:

Did they send me daughters when I asked for sons?

(... It seemed apt.) 

Derick is a spineless, pale, pathetic twat and he hasn't got a clue

Is the MLM here Fab Fit Fun? Because I don’t think it qualifies as an MLM. It’s a company that uses celebrities and influencers to promote their subscriptions, but they’re not bringing people into sell their stuff. The boxes have products from all sorts of brands. They have partners, but normally it’s people who use social media as a job, influencers. No ones pushing it to their friends they haven’t seen in ten years on Facebook or getting them to join “this amazing opportunity”. 

1 minute ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

Is the MLM here Fab Fit Fun? Because I don’t think it qualifies as an MLM. It’s a company that uses celebrities and influencers to promote their subscriptions, but they’re not bringing people into sell their stuff. The boxes have products from all sorts of brands. They have partners, but normally it’s people who use social media as a job, influencers. No ones pushing it to their friends they haven’t seen in ten years on Facebook. 

Yeah, it's not an MLM as far as I'm aware. I wouldn't be surprised if Jill gets in on one soon, though.

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

Yeah, it's not an MLM as far as I'm aware. I wouldn't be surprised if Jill gets in on one soon, though.

Oh me either. I was more shocked by the FFF box today than if she’d announced she was selling makeup from home. 

With that many followers, I’m surprised it’s taken this long to do a proper sponsorship with a major company. Duggar women could make bank (like 6-figure salaries, maybe more) from IG alone if they were  savvy enough to refine and build their brand on social media. 

If Jill had better self-awareness of how to vlog well and invested in better camera equipment, she could be a super successful mommy blogger. She’s already halfway there in terms of followers. 

Although I’m pretty sure Dillard’s make some income from their IG and blog already. 

Idk how they haven’t figured how to capitalize on their social media following yet. 

re a couple of people in the last thread expressing surprise that she is drawing attention to female-founded businesses: I think she and people like her are fine with it if they can feel *sorry* for the women running them. Like with the women in SCA selling jewellery, the Dillards are being benevolent in drawing attention to them, because they haven't *chosen* to do the work, they *have* to. So helping them out is a kind of charity. 

The other kind of work that's OK is MLMs and homemade crafts that wifeys can do at home just to contribute a bit to the household. It's not threatening to hubby, it's showing her commitment to their home. Women running their own businesses outside the home is also fine if it's a vocation or a Vision - some godly burden they are taking up to make the world better even though they don't have to. Even if it's shilling spiralizers because so many mamas don't realise that nourishing their body is nourishing their spirit and helping them serve as best they can.

If they can gloss all work to be one of those three categories, it's fine.

I think it's also a requirement of Fab Fit Fun that she includes that in her post. I don't know if any of you use Influenster, but when I've received vox boxes or did campaigns, they require you to use certain hashtags and state certain things. So Jill probably doesn't give AF about female founded companies, it's just required of her to mention it. 

Did the Legal Eagle cover “My Cousin Vinny”? I can see Derick starting conversations with “That’s what we lawyers, I’m a lawyer....”. He would probably say “us lawyers” instead. 

I almost said that Jill would very likely get into LuLaRoe, but... it's owned by evil mormons! In fact, a fuckton of MLM companies are founded/owned by mormons. Utah is a pyramid scheme mecca!

19 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

Did the Legal Eagle cover “My Cousin Vinny”? I can see Derick starting conversations with “That’s what we lawyers, I’m a lawyer....”. He would probably say “us lawyers” instead. 

I think he's mostly covered shows that he watched growing up and as an adult. But he always takes up suggestions for things to react to and review!

Part of what makes me feel for the women in this belief system is that they are expected to be both the "Proverbs 31 woman" AND the "Titus 2 woman"

Proverbs 31 (full section is verses 10-31, this is excerpts)

She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens. She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

Titus 2:3-5

The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,  To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

It's a no-win situation for women. You are required to provide but also not allowed to be outside the home. These women have to take on 100% of the emotional labor (doctors appointments, "teaching," cooking, housework), but that's not all! They also seem to have a lot of responsibility for financially providing despite being woefully under-educated and discouraged from pursuing viable careers. 

I think Jill could do okay with an MLM (and I truly hate them!), but I'd probably encourage Tastefully Simple or Norwex instead of Lululemon which is probably oversaturated in their social circles. I'm always confused by the MLMs which are non-consumables because repeat customers are the bread and butter of direct sales. You only need so many 31 bags or leggings! I imagine she is terrified about the next three years and how they will afford things. Unfortunately she has no conception of questioning her headship. 

FabFitFun isn't an MLM, but it seems to be a baby step toward a MLM. The blog isn't working, youtube isn't working, and Derick certainly isn't working! The MLM will come! 

I'm really surprised she hasn't done something like this before. I couldn't help but notice how good she looks in the picture.  A normal smile and skinny jeans!  Keep rocking those Jill (aka please don't get pregnant again for awhile). I wonder if Teami Blends tea wil be next, cause you know you need energy for #momlife.

Fab Fit Fun doesn't seem like Jill because she looks frumpy all the time. Whitney and Alyssa make sense because they seem to like make up and that boutique style. Jill's thing is being clueless and not closing her mouth. :pb_lol: 

Just now, SassyPants said:

Again, she soooooooooo lacks self awareness.

Jinger could pull this off, Jill, not so much.

I don't know, it seems like she is pulling it off.  That post looks good. She has a tun of followers.  She could still turn this around.

@theotherelise, our fundies never did have a problem justifying their load of crap on women working. When Sarah Palin ran for office, they were largely mum on the scandal of a woman working with young children still at home. Ditto for Sarah Huckabee, who has a two year old son. The rules are for the heathens,not for our oh so special fundies. 

14 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Derick is in law school. Jill’s only a few emojis away from going full hun*. Izzy and Sam are still bored, probably. 

Continued from: 

*”Hun” is a slang term for women who push MLMs through social media, taken from their cut and paste sales pitches, which often begin with “Hey hun!”

Not to be confused with Hon as in “It’s Baltimore Hon”.

oh, that FFF post was cringe. Sure, the lighting is decent for once and she looks nice, but it was just such a Sponsored Post 101 - nothing spontaneous or believable about it. Girlfriend is *terrible* at social media, just outright terrible. She's not alone in this - many a secular person whom I've unfollowed once their posts became 80% badly written adverts. The fact that with 1.6m followers she doesn't have more companies knocking on her door just shows how terrible she is at this. Whitney and Alyssa on the other hand are naturals, as is Jessa. Poor Jillybean - just another thing she ought to be good at (charming people) that she isn't. 

8 minutes ago, Mrs.Right said:

Is she sure she’s ok with #femalefounded? I thought they assimilated female power with abortions. 

Duggar rules can be adapted to fit any situation...

7 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I imagine she is terrified about the next three years and how they will afford things. 

I doubt it. She probably thinks that the Lord - meaning her wealthy and enmeshed family - will provide.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived