IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

Jill's hashtags: #besthubbyever #bestpapaever

Derelict's hashtag: #nokids

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/22/2018 at 6:16 PM, JillyO said:

I guess what I find weird about saying something like "I can't wait to see him/her again in heaven" is that - to me - it basically means you can't wait to die. And I know that this is actually a pretty common thing to say among Christians, so I'm not bashing Cathy in particular. I guess as a born-and-raised atheist, I just can't reconcile saying something like this with someone who clearly isn't ready to die. I can understand saying something like "when I pass on eventually, I look forward to seeing xyz again" and drawing comfort from that. But saying you can't wait for it, not so much. YMMV.

Sorry, I'm super behind in reading this thread, but I find that people use "can't wait" inappropriately all the time and it really doesn't mean anything, and it's nothing to do with religion. Like people will say about a baby, "I can't wait to see what he's going to do when he grows up!" and I'm like, really, you'd wish away the next twenty years just like that?

On 8/22/2018 at 12:24 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

This is why I should not watch Titanic drunk. 

Years ago I invented a drinking game where every time anyone says, “Rose” you take a drink. This really gets good when the ship starts to go down and her  fiancé and her boyfriend and her mother are all calling her name repeatedly.

My main problem here is the only person I know who like to re-watch this movie is my sister-in-law who won’t drink much because it interacts with her meds. 

So instead of Jill being sent to school so she can finally get her nursing degree, Derick is sent to school ( yes, sent, probably by JB or a PR team, or whatever) to get hit 2nd or 3rd degree?

Oh and Family Research Council is probably the main goal here as someone mentionned above. Please not Josh 2.0.

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Derelict already requires a "much needed" date night. If he's like this after just one week of classes, imagine him around finals. 

Ok, not to defend Wreck, but I remember the first week of law school being kind of exhausting/overwhelming. In my experience, the first days of law school classes generally just jumped right into the material. There was no "syllabus day" where the prof told you what textbook to buy, went over the absence policy, told you the date of the final, and sent you home after 15 minutes the way my undergrad classes often were. You were expected to get online and look at the syllabus and know all of that without your professor walking you through it. I got cold called about cases twice on my first day of law school (the curse of a very easy name to pronounce in the middle of the alphabet, I think). You feel kind of on edge, you don't fully know what to expect, and it's all a little scary. While I may have stuck a straw in a pitcher of margaritas after my first semester finals were done, I'm sure I went out for a few beers after the first week. :pb_lol:

He also might have felt Jill deserved a much needed night out since those evil liberals caused her to lose her FFF sponsorship. 

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

Oh and Family Research Council is probably the main goal here as someone mentionned above. Please not Josh 2.0.

I have no doubt that FRC will never, ever hire a member of the extended Duggar family again.

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I have no doubt that FRC will never, ever hire a member of the extended Duggar family again.

Honestly, that would be so wrong on so many levels. Do you want potential employers judging you based on your in-laws or other extended family? 

If an employer decided to judge me based on my sister-in-law, I'd never be employed again. 

Especially as his sister's are his victims. Michelle and Jim deserve to be shamed. His siblings are innocent. Josh teuly only got the job based on his last name. Even a place like Family Research Council generally requires a college degree as does running for public office. Gosh darn it Duggars, trying "to take over society"? A college degree kind of helps with that. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Honestly, that would be so wrong on so many levels. Do you want potential employers judging you based on your in-laws or other extended family? 

That would be unfair. But the FRC, which advocates denying people employment based on gender and sexuality, has not exactly proven itself to be committed to fairness in hiring practices. :D

13 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

If an employer decided to judge me based on my sister-in-law, I'd never be employed again. 

Well that’s true... :pb_lol:

I think a big difference between years ago and now is that Joshley got his position because he was on a TV show that purportedly show cased family values (as @Pecansforeveryone said). Then his actions caused the family to lose the show. If FRC had any business sense they’d realize that being on a reality TV show isn’t a good enough qualification to work for their organization. Derdick also got himself fired (for promoting the beliefs FRC esposuses...) so they can’t promote that connection. He’d have to get the job based on qualifications and no special treatment. 

Joshley, despite his general yuckiness did manage to convey a bit of polish and charisma. Derrick has none of that. He's just a perpetually awkward looking, awkward presenting person. He's what i think of when I picture "scruffy looking." No way do I think young Republicans would want him as a spokesperson. His political career is over before it's begun.  

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

A college degree kind of helps with that. 

Stop with the degree thing. Please. 

I'm doing JUST FINE without a BS (although I have enough hours for a degree, I changed majors halfway through my junior year, so I just don't have enough of the *right* hours). In fact, I'm making more than most people I went to college with, who *did* finish their degrees.  ?‍♀️

My daughter has an Associate degree and is making six figures (at 27) at a job she loves.

Degrees are overrated. And we need hammer-swingers and plumbers and drywallers and painters and electricians and mechanics. 

*I'm not picking on you, solely, but that song/dance - chapter/verse thing is so old.

IIRC, FRC was part of the Duggar's anti-abortion coalition.  I always believed that JB got Joshley the job, then when the molestation was exposed FRC was furious with JB and Joshley was out the door in about 2 seconds - family values issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if FRC is still pissed, and I can see zero reasons why they'd want Derick around.  They'd have to navigate through his PR problems and I'm pretty sure they can find someone who's qualified (by their standards) and has compatible views without the baggage.

@SapphireSlytherin, I know that as well as anyone. I was referring specifically to the acquiring of political power, a known goal of Dominionists like the Duggars. Politicians are still highly likely to be law school graduates, at the very least college educated.  Yay for community college! Yay for technical schools! Yay for libraries and encouraging a love of learning in our children! 

Is the FRC/Conservative Christian movement the more powerful side of the Republicqn party at the moment? Or is the libertarian/anti-regulation/free market the side to worry about? I wonder if Derick would work with Milo Yiannopoulos, whose pretty popular in Repub circles

@JoiseyGoil, Milo Yiannopoulos is the personification of politics make strange bedfellows. Milo might allow Derrick to work for him.  I just wonder would Derrick be able to keep himself under control with Milo being both flamboyantly gay and Catholic? 

Is there any other organisation like FRC that Derick would probably lean towards with his upcoming hip and cool law degree?

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@JoiseyGoil, Milo Yiannopoulos is the personification of politics make strange bedfellows. Milo might allow Derrick to work for him.  I just wonder would Derrick be able to keep himself under control with Milo being both flamboyantly gay and Catholic? 

I could totally see Derick working with Milo Yiannopoulos. I actually think they would be well suited to each other unfortunately

6 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Especially as his sister's are his victims. Michelle and Jim deserve to be shamed. His siblings are innocent. Josh teuly only got the job based on his last name. Even a place like Family Research Council generally requires a college degree as does running for public office. Gosh darn it Duggars, trying "to take over society"? A college degree kind of helps with that. 

It might help but it is not a requirement.  https://thechoice.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/24/congress/

Isn't Milo pretty much shunned in conservative circles since his pedophilia comments? 

I have not been following on the Duggar forum for a while and was quite surprised to see this law school development. I think this is bigger than Derick just avoiding a job (which he probably is), but more that he feels he has a bigger calling. He ate shit for his Jazz comments and now he wants to put all those evil people who have opposing view in their place. He probably dreams of banning abortion and sex reassignment surgery and unisex bathrooms and everything else that seems so wrong in his limited world. 

I believe he doesn't know his own limitations and greatly overestimates himself. He has been out of school for a long time and has been living a completely different life. Also he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. He ain't no Steven Hammer who seems to be very academically smart (in a creepy and dangerous way) and has the uber-submissive wife who will take care of everything else.

I wonder what will happen if this goes terribly wrong, will they scrub the pictures and pretend law school never happened?

6 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Joshley, despite his general yuckiness did manage to convey a bit of polish and charisma. Derrick has none of that. He's just a perpetually awkward looking, awkward presenting person. He's what i think of when I picture "scruffy looking." No way do I think young Republicans would want him as a spokesperson. His political career is over before it's begun.  

Josh was also very used to cameras and spent many years being groomed for the public eye. Sure, he was annoying and entitled even before we knew the extend of his grossness, but he wasn't that awkward on camera or when speaking publicly. He was no great orator or anything but Derrick is just awful. No stage presence, nothing redeeming, very awkward, just sounds mean and ugly. He isn't needed at any of these organizations like FRC - frankly they can find much more polished, better educated, better looking and smarter extreme right wingers to do their bidding.

A little late on this subject, but that's a really weird cultural mishmash meal Jilly and Derick ate... sushi rolls and fried Chinese style wontons?  

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived