IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

How sad, and insulting to the entire male population, that she thinks she needs to pray for her menfolk to not be like her disgusting brother. Their horrifying belief that men are natural horndogs who need a woman's prayers to keep them in line is making my blood boil right now. And isn't this the same woman who said she would install the same kind of safeguards the Duggars used to protect the girls from the boys? Just...argh, I am disgusted. With that kind of attitude from their own mother, do Izzy and Sam stand a chance of growing up normal and healthy?

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Just came here to see if anyone was talking about Jill's post about her praying for her #BestHubbyEver and her boys, and the picture of what she is reading is Proverbs 5 warning against adultery? Is she really worried about Izzy and Sam's future faithfulness to their spouses?

I was raised Catholic (Catholic schools Kindergarten through high school) but not super religious now, and it may have just been my family and the schools I went to, but I am so jarred every time I see one of these fundies writing or highlighting in their bibles. We were taught that it was incredibly disrespectful to write in or highlight our own bibles, and that's why we had notebooks. Not a criticism, it's just so interesting to me how differently people are taught and since my friends don't really talk about reading the bible, I thought I'd mention that here.

33 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Do the Dillards read through Proverbs every month? For a long time, Derick was tweeting verses from the Proverbs chapter matching the day of the month, too. I get, like, a sunday school class doing a month-long study of Proverbs every year, but these people seem to do it constantly.

The woman who gave birth to me (I will never call her my mom) read Proverbs to us every single morning from the time I was a very little girl (as far back as I can remember) until the day I literally ran away at 24 years old. We would always read whichever Proverb correlated with that day of the month & she would use that to harp on whoever she was mad at that day. Whoever was in trouble, she would twist the meaning of the verses to fit the "crime". I'm telling you....that woman is batshit crazy. Anyway, I could probably quote the book of Proverbs in my sleep! 

I think a lot of people do the proverbs every day thing, but I remember from older episodes that the Duggar family did that for their readings. I think that is really common in the Baptist/Gothard sects. 

I was honestly surprised to see her using an ESV Study Bible. That is a big leap when raised in a KJV Only church. And a lot of the KJV only people I have come across will not use a study bible either. 

3 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Just came here to see if anyone was talking about Jill's post about her praying for her #BestHubbyEver and her boys, and the picture of what she is reading is Proverbs 5 warning against adultery? Is she really worried about Izzy and Sam's future faithfulness to their spouses?

I think we now officially know that Jill isn't able to sit on Derick's lap while he's in class every day. She must be losing her mind over it. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Do the Dillards read through Proverbs every month? For a long time, Derick was tweeting verses from the Proverbs chapter matching the day of the month, too. I get, like, a sunday school class doing a month-long study of Proverbs every year, but these people seem to do it constantly.

It wouldn't surprise me; a lot of people do.

6 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Jill aside, I actually really like crow's feet.  Is that weird?  I am one of those people who think men, especially, just get better and better looking as they age--and for whatever reason, I seem to find a good set of crow's feet very sexy. 

That being said, I'm going to go off on a thread drift drift and ask for recommendations for a good moisturizer with sunscreen.   FTR, I am 50 (!) and have fairly normal skin, neither dry nor oily.  I want something with good sun protection but that won't clog my pores.  I feel like everything I have been using ends up causing ends up giving me little white zits.  :(

Avon ( darn, can't remember the name of it sorry) had great ones a few years back, not sure if it's still available. 

6 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Jill aside, I actually really like crow's feet.  Is that weird?  I am one of those people who think men, especially, just get better and better looking as they age--and for whatever reason, I seem to find a good set of crow's feet very sexy. 

That being said, I'm going to go off on a thread drift drift and ask for recommendations for a good moisturizer with sunscreen.   FTR, I am 50 (!) and have fairly normal skin, neither dry nor oily.  I want something with good sun protection but that won't clog my pores.  I feel like everything I have been using ends up causing ends up giving me little white zits.  :(

This is similar to what I used after all. 

p269549_1_ca_en_ca_pd.png

That being said, I'm going to go off on a thread drift drift and ask for recommendations for a good moisturizer with sunscreen.   FTR, I am 50 (!) and have fairly normal skin, neither dry nor oily.  I want something with good sun protection but that won't clog my pores.  I feel like everything I have been using ends up causing ends up giving me little white zits.  [emoji20]

EVERYTHING, I repeat, EVERYTHING gives me acne. Except some waterbased Japanese and Korean products! After doing some research after reading a thread drift on FJ I found Missha Sun Milk. Very light, no white residue, and best of all no acne! I got it in Amazon but it's pretty much the same price through the missha site. $20 and it lasts me 3-6mo depending on the season.

I like crow's feet too :) my bf teases me about wanting him to get old so he'll be hotter. Lol.

21 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I'm all about the No. 7 products, I'm 48, have normal skin as well and had a hard time finding sunscreen for my face that didn't leave it sticky then I found No. 7 and now I use this during the day and this at night. I love most of their stuff

Cute kid.  I don't see a resemblance to his uncle.  Never heard of Jaxon (is this another spelling of Jackson?), but Jax seems like a cool nickname.

Cute kiddo! Jackson/Jaxon is SO trendy in the US right now. But I don’t hate it.

I can’t imagine how Jill feels if this was another drama-free, “natural” delivery, hospital birth. She has to wonder if things may have gone differently for her if she’d followed Deena/Kendra/Jinger’s examples. ?

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm all about the No. 7 products, I'm 48, have normal skin as well and had a hard time finding sunscreen for my face that didn't leave it sticky then I found No. 7 and now I use this during the day and this at night. I love most of their stuff

How do the products smell?  I'm 45 and am currently using Olay Regenerist. It's fine, but isn't touching any of my wrinkles. Tried Neutrogena rapid wrinkle as well. Maybe these lines aren't going away but I'm not going to stop trying. 

Y’all I nearly had a heart attack when I saw “Dillard Baby News” on Instagram. 

For facial aunscreen, I highly recommend the supergoop setting spray / spf 50. I’ve got fair, irriatable skin and using most sunscreen results in both acne and eczema flares but this one does not. Plus, it sets and matifies your skin.  I used it for four days spent mostly outside in Denver and didn’t get a hint of pink or a new freckle.  Mr purple loves it as well, since it’s easy to use, not ice cold like aerosol, and doesn’t turn his dark skin ashy looking.  I did have to explain to him that it was far too expensive to use for his body though lol

22 hours ago, momofsquid said:

How sad, and insulting to the entire male population, that she thinks she needs to pray for her menfolk to not be like her disgusting brother. Their horrifying belief that men are natural horndogs who need a woman's prayers to keep them in line is making my blood boil right now. And isn't this the same woman who said she would install the same kind of safeguards the Duggars used to protect the girls from the boys? Just...argh, I am disgusted. With that kind of attitude from their own mother, do Izzy and Sam stand a chance of growing up normal and healthy?

If you need divine intervention to make sure your husband doesn't cheat on you, your husband is not the #besthubbyever. 

On 9/5/2018 at 4:14 PM, Four is Enough said:

I think Jill, of all the Duggars, has the perpetual "anxious" look on her face, particularly around the eyes, even when she's smiling. She holds a lot of tension in her face. I imagine that might translate to early wrinkles for her.

Yes, I see a lot of strain in her face too, in pretty much every photo. It makes me feel sad for her.

I for one certainly got a lot of wrinkles following kids, partly through lack of sleep, and partly through postpartum anxiety and depression. It shows in the face for sure. 

25 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Jaxon? Are they Sons of Anarchy fans?

I was just talking to someone about this ! I like the sound of Jaxon - but I go back and forth on if naming your baby for a fictional outlaw motercycle gang leader who murdered his mother ( and a few dozen other people ) is the best set of character traits . Or maybe they’re hoping he’ll grow up to look like Charlie Hunnam ......?

None of the "anti-wrinkle" creams are legit. They're all snake oil.

I love my wrinkles and lines. It proves I've lived (and am continuing to live) a good, full life!

On 9/4/2018 at 8:03 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

#boymom sounds like something someone uses when they really wanted girls and are trying to tell themselves boys are okay too.

#BoyMom is a casual inversion of MotherBoy from "Arrested Development."

4 minutes ago, TatertotAsserole said:

#BoyMom is a casual inversion of MotherBoy from "Arrested Development."

I love Arrested Development! “There’s money in the banana stand!” 

So confused I thought Dan and his wife already had a baby. Shady Derick trying real hard to get those website clicks with his IG caption.

Glad I saw Jill's post first.  

I am stalking IG right because Jeff and Jordan from Big Brother are having their second baby today.

27 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

So confused I thought Dan and his wife already had a baby. Shady Derick trying real hard to get those website clicks with his IG caption.

Glad I saw Jill's post first.  

I am stalking IG right because Jeff and Jordan from Big Brother are having their second baby today.

I didn’t realize Jorff we spawning today!! I’ll have to go stalk too. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived