IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

A lot of places in the US serve "Asian fusion"...so sushi + eggrolls + crab rangoons, etc. It's pretty common around me.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, JoiseyGoil said:

Is the FRC/Conservative Christian movement the more powerful side of the Republicqn party at the moment? Or is the libertarian/anti-regulation/free market the side to worry about? I wonder if Derick would work with Milo Yiannopoulos, whose pretty popular in Repub circles

All of them? In the Office of Civil Rights there is some new Office of Religious Freedom or some shit, but we all know it’s about allowing  supposed Christians to discriminate against others in the name of Jesus. It’s not just refusing to make a gay couple a wedding cake, but refusing housing, employment, medical services, etc. It won’t be about protecting people from religious persecution or from racial discrimination. And it’s bullshit an office of discrimination is housed within the Office of Civil Rights.

Then you have major tax cuts to billionaires and corporations, and cutting things like Medicaid. Free market, let the rich get richer and do everything possible to fuck over the poor and middle class. Betsy DeVos doesn’t want to protect students from predatory loans and for profit institutions. The Department of Ed now throws out multiple complaints from the same person and refuses to look into systemic problems.

Wow, I went on more of a rant than I expected to there.

And DeVos wants to find getting guns into schools, but teachers still have to use their own money to buy supplies.

On 8/22/2018 at 3:02 AM, RainbowSky said:

It kinda makes me feel awkward when my MIL posts my husband's dad's pic and says she misses him and stuff. I dunno how to react to that.

My God! React with kindness and sympathy. How hard is that? The woman is in pain. I don't think you can decide when she should be "over it."

8 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

He's what i think of when I picture "scruffy looking."

Might be how he got the nickname "Dirty Jesus."

Shaggy from Scooby Doo might work as well.

Scooby20od9.gif

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

My God! React with kindness and sympathy. How hard is that? The woman is in pain. I don't think you can decide when she should be "over it."

I didn't tell her to be over it. Not at all. Just I didn't know the dude and she thinks I'm upset that he's dead and crying. I'm NOT good with people crying. He looks put out that she's upset and I have no idea what to do to be helpful.

Thanks for the assumption though.

20 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Sushi, eh? No Dilly #3 on the way then, I guess. 

Meh. I ate sushi while pregnant and know a lot of friends who did also. Granted, we also live in Seattle and have much more ready access to fresh fish, but it’s not super uncommon despite the recommendations. Personally, I don’t know if I’d ever eat sushi in Arkansas. ;) 

1 hour ago, KnittingOwl said:

Meh. I ate sushi while pregnant and know a lot of friends who did also. Granted, we also live in Seattle and have much more ready access to fresh fish, but it’s not super uncommon despite the recommendations. Personally, I don’t know if I’d ever eat sushi in Arkansas. ;) 

Can I eat sushi during pregnancy? 
 Sushi has become popular in many countries during the last few years. The Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety has studied the effects of eating raw fish during pregnancy and has concluded that pregnant women can safely eat sushi. The vast majority of sushi meals contain a generous amount of salmon, which is full of marine omega-3 fatty acids. For those who make their own sushi, it is advisable to freeze the fish before use in order to destroy any parasites.

https://fromnorway.com/learn-more/health/seafood-supports-healthier-pregnancies/

11 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

A little late on this subject, but that's a really weird cultural mishmash meal Jilly and Derick ate... sushi rolls and fried Chinese style wontons?  

Reminds me of the ”Asian restaurant” close to my in laws. I’ve always been sceptical about that one. ? :kitty-shifty:

4 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

This is also the couple that didn’t care much about Zika so I doubt they listen to other recomendations. Jesus will keep the baby safe! :cow::penguin-wink:

^ My phone broke down and when I restarted the browser it had chosen those two emojis all by it self. They seem fitting somehow. I’ll just leave them. 

I have that same smocked tealish tshirt that Jill is wearing in the sushi picture. I believe it is Loft and I got it at Goodwill. But I wear it without a shirt underneath because I am a slutty slut slut.

You could also get a "sushi" roll that has shrimp tempura or crab (California Roll) or smoked salmon. As a mid-westerner who is kind of grossed out by the raw fish we have access to here, but whose husband loves sushi, I'm pretty adept at finding the non-raw sushi options!

9 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

You could also get a "sushi" roll that has shrimp tempura or crab (California Roll) or smoked salmon. As a mid-westerner who is kind of grossed out by the raw fish we have access to here, but whose husband loves sushi, I'm pretty adept at finding the non-raw sushi options!

Sushi doesn't mean a raw fish dish anyway and never has.  Sushi is a vinegered rice dish, often wrapped in seaweed (nori.)  Sushi can contain raw fish but as @theotherelise points out it doesn't have to.  Sashimi is raw fish.

Many types of sushi include fish you should avoid all together though, its not just about the cooking.  But I agree, I have seen little evidence to think they would change their diet just because of a baby.

12 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Might be how he got the nickname "Dirty Jesus."

Shaggy from Scooby Doo might work as well.

Scooby20od9.gif

No!!! never taint Scooby Doo with OfJIll, nevah!!!

40 minutes ago, karen77 said:

No!!! never taint Scooby Doo with OfJIll, nevah!!!

To me, Daffy Duck, after his bill gets slapped sideways, has already been tainted by Derick's off-center mouth. 

Let be honest, Jill couldn't even be bothered to get actual prenatal care when she was pregnant. I doubt she'd follow the "no raw fish" rule of pregnancy.

Unless that's somewhere in the bible of course. 

I think nobody would like to see her being pregnant, since she has two little and one big kid at home already.. So saying she probably wouldn't be eating fish if she were pregnant is hoping that she would have enough sense, but even more so hoping that she just isn't pregnant? At least thats how I see it

I will say I don't think she is, but not because of the fish.  I think they waited on Sam, and he isn't old enough yet.  

I would assume they've been advised to wait a bit after two c-sections. There's a lot of research around child spacing and while I doubt they've considered it, I do hope they've considered health impact and family constraints with Derick being in school. 

As far as sushi when pregnant, in the PNW fish was heavily encouraged up to certain amounts for mercury and I was given a pamphlet explaining how to eat sushi/ raw fish safely (mainly restaurant health grades). Transitioning from being a vegetarian for a baby that wanted more, seafood was the only protein I could keep down.

Eating sushi is nothing to feed or dispel speculation on what's going on with Jill's uterus. I can't imagine sushi is a cheap date in Arkansas, given we've seen previous date nights of eating pizza in the car with the kids in carseats. It just makes me wonder about their finances, especially with such a big potential expense as law school.

In addition to the 839 other reasons why they should not have #3 soon is that I don't want Derrick to martyr himself over a baby. Imagine the poor, victimized, suffering Derrick who couldn't do well at law school because he had a screaming newborn at home while his classmates could study in peace all night long. No thanks.

Whitney Bates just posted about her FabFitFun box. Beautifully photographed and right on brand. 

Must... Resist... Tagging... Jill... 

Most of the recommendations for pregnant women are a pick and choose. There are of course some strict rules (alcohol, drugs etc.) but the rest is as said a recommendation. Same goes for pregnancy supplements (apart from folic acid but I have heard from doctors who even don’t necessarily recommend that). They recommendations change every few years (sometimes forth and back) so most people go with what they are comfortable with. 

I chose to stay away from raw meat/fish/milk products but to be honest - the stuff you get packed up and cooled from the store is so highly controlled, you rather get listeria from washing the vegetables than from that stuff.

I am living in a busy city so I am way more concerned about the heavily polluted air that I breath than what I am eating.

So while I follow most if not all of the general recommendations I am over people shaming pregnant women if they decide otherwise. Granted- as long as they stay away from the bad three (alcohol-drugs-cigarettes) and made it a conscious decision. Which I think is probably not the case with Jill but I still hate this patronising of women’s choices. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived