IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

I would say that Sam is a real charmer or he has Jill wrapped around his finger. Flirting? Nooooo. 

Derick seems like the type that will keep relatively quiet in class and bitch to Jill about how no one cares what he thinks. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey y'all, did you hear that Austin became a naturalized uncle for the 2nd time, yesterday? He's beating Derick in the naturalized uncle race.

Can we please talk about this monstrosity of a sign Jill made? I felt a great disturbance in my brain, as if millions of brain cells suddenly cried out in cringe and were suddenly silenced.

IMG_2771-e1536173308116.jpg

12 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@HarleyQuinn,  it looks for the world that Sam or maybe Izzy had a go at it with their crayons.

That's the least of this sign's problems. :pb_lol:

Handwritten signs just remind me of John Mulaney's routine about making banners that say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY".

"Then you go to write BIRTHDAY, and you totally forget the lesson you just learned with HAPPY. You're like yeah, but the past is the past. BIG-ASS B!"

That being said, aside from "Congrats", her bubble letters are impressively proportional. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Can we please talk about this monstrosity of a sign Jill made? I felt a great disturbance in my brain, as if millions of brain cells suddenly cried out in cringe and were suddenly silenced.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but that actually looks pretty sweet. The kids were clearly involved.

Though, I find it very hilarious that the "grats" part seems to be totally blacked out ... but the con is well clear. It's almost as if.. this man is a con... :my_angel:

(also, psst, new thread time? Lost in Law School still good? I'm kinda bad at starting threads myself...)

I'm all for signs and think this is a nice gesture, but why include "babe"? In my family, the signs/cake/whatever always just say "dad" or "grandma", etc. or she could have just written Derick. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Looks like it is written by a four year old

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Who are the "we" she's talking about? Is she going with him?

My husband is finishing up school and while he's the one going it's still a team effort. I don't like Jill and derek but I hate to snark on people just being supportive spouses. Would the support be returned? Maybe, maybe not but that not what we're talking about. 

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@HarleyQuinn,  it looks for the world that Sam or maybe Izzy had a go at it with their crayons.

That's what I thought about the "grats" portion of the "Congrats" - that she let Izzy help and after seeing what he did with those letters, decided to do the rest herself.  I think the poster is fine, for putting up in the house and having fun with the kids making it --- but not for sharing with the general public.  I did a sign for my son when he completed one of his military courses, but I took a picture and then sent it to him in a text.  So no one saw it but me and him --- because it was a dorky yet heartfelt sign.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived