IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

On 8/26/2018 at 2:49 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Stop with the degree thing. Please. 

I'm doing JUST FINE without a BS (although I have enough hours for a degree, I changed majors halfway through my junior year, so I just don't have enough of the *right* hours). In fact, I'm making more than most people I went to college with, who *did* finish their degrees.  ?‍♀️

My daughter has an Associate degree and is making six figures (at 27) at a job she loves.

Degrees are overrated. And we need hammer-swingers and plumbers and drywallers and painters and electricians and mechanics. 

*I'm not picking on you, solely, but that song/dance - chapter/verse thing is so old.

I died on this hill in a previous thread. Thanks for picking it up for me. 

Signed,

housewife with a degree I regret

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I don't know where you live, but I've never had a sushi dinner cost more than $10 a person, and each person tends to get 2-3 rolls. My friends and I tend to get sushi BECAUSE it's so cheap. 

Where do YOU live? I always want cheap sushi. I based my number on what I'd usually end up spending on dinner (not a lunch special) at a place with decent-to-good sushi (east coast US and then London), which would be, if you got an appetizer, 2-3 rolls (at least one "fancy" one), dessert, and paid a decent tip (though knowing Derick he probably doesn't tip), in the ballpark of $25 per person. 

I've been to that particular Blu Fin where the Dugs and Dills went. It's actually quite good! Little pricey compared to the favorite little hole in the wall place where I live now though. Yeeeah, $25-30 per person at Blu Fin is about right actually.

7 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I think that JimBob has a lot more $ than most people here assume. I don't for a minute believe that all or most of his $ is tied up in real estate, though a lot of it obviously is. But he appears shrewd financially and cheap. Don't forget that the original show (not the specials, but the ongoing X Kids & Counting show) started at the end of 2008 just as the stock market was bottoming out. Anybody with a shred of financial savvy and some $ to invest in the next couple of years has gotten away like a bandit. I see people here all the time trying to calculate how much they made off the show as if it's some finite amount of $. Money grows if you invest it and you can pretty much live off the returns if you've invested well enough.

What we don't know is the arrangement he has with the adult kids at this point. But think about it - Jill and Derrick are like a bottomless pit. After Walmart they've basically had no income. I don't care how many times Jessa refers to Ben going to "work", I very much doubt that whatever he's doing is supporting them comfortably and having them shop at Whole Foods, eat out constantly, etc. Trust me if he were making a pretty penny we'd all know about it by now. They are obviously less craven than the Dillards and haven't needed cash for big expenditures that we know of but they are subsidized, you can bet on it. Josh and Anna with FIVE children and Josh working at that pathetic car lot? Please. Also subsidized to some degree. Joy and Austin are a bit less clear because they appear productive in a way none of the others are so I can buy that he's not shelling out much there if anything at all. Jinger and Jeremy have a very nice house, seemingly endless funds to renovate and furnish it, are stylishly dressed, flying all over the country, Jeremy is studying and what can he be bringing in as a pastor to some tiiiiny congregation? Unless he has some prior savings I can see JB being the bank here too. Joe/Kendra and Josiah/Lauren again would have minimal income, not much different than Josh, albeit with lesser needs since they have 1 or no children thus far. 

He's financing the vast majority if not all of them, how much and what the terms are, well that we'll probably never know unless there is a tell-all.

B.I.N.G.O!!!!!!!!

"Make good financial choices" is as useful a piece of advice as "try not to get killed in life", I guess. On the other hand (not trying to defend OfJill), he really does not own random internet strangers an explanation. And before you downvote me, that's only as long as they don't start grifting again, of course!

Dear god my eyes lol ... seriously it's like a bad spoof of jessa and bens kissing pic. Typically kissing pictures don't bother me but this is just so awkward 

IMG_5379.PNG

Let's see, what to snark on first?

Barely touching, nose ring intentionally visible, derick still holding his book in his lap, the fact that you can see jill trying to concentrate while snapping the selfie and posing, the hashtags, or his bony wrists and knobby knee.

there is just so much going on in this one picture

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

jillmarried.thumb.png.00200eef533d3b19c8ed5d26d0a67bf7.png

Married Life is Amazing.

Must.Keep.Telling.Myself.That.

Married Life is Amazing

Married Life is Amazing

Derrick.is.best.hubby.ever

Must.Keep.telling.myself.that.

It really makes you wonder how fragile Derick's ego must be that Jill feels the need to post this shit all the time. Does he stand in front of the mirror every morning and repeat these hashtag affirmations to himself? Does Jill realize that it just makes Derick seem like an insecure manchild and like their marriage isn't particularly solid (not even saying that's the reality, just that it's the impression her posts create)? It's just. so. weird.

I can see Derick starting his day like this

Spoiler

tumblr_mv51rf9Ne81qgwaixo1_500.gif

Seriously why are they so awkward all the time?

ETA: I went on IG to peek at some of the comments and then saw one of my favs from American Idol Jordin Sparks has a new Youtube show coming out of her making family receipes and is going to have her husband and son featured as well. Trailer looks cute and yummy and can't help but think its something Jill is aspiring towards with her mommyblogging, 

Spoiler

I have never posted a kissing picture or a best hubby hashtag in my life. Am I failing as a wife? Is my relationship even real if I don’t talk about it on social media? ?

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Married Life is Amazing.

Married Life is Amazing

Married Life is Amazing

Derrick.is.best.hubby.ever

Must.Keep.telling.myself.that.

If she ever admitted that marriage can be less than perfect she would have to admit that the life her family trained her for is flawed, implying that her parents who trained her are flawed. Like dividing by zero or googling google, it would likely cause a rift in the space-time continuum. 

18 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I think that JimBob has a lot more $ than most people here assume. I don't for a minute believe that all or most of his $ is tied up in real estate, though a lot of it obviously is. But he appears shrewd financially and cheap. Don't forget that the original show (not the specials, but the ongoing X Kids & Counting show) started at the end of 2008 just as the stock market was bottoming out. Anybody with a shred of financial savvy and some $ to invest in the next couple of years has gotten away like a bandit. I see people here all the time trying to calculate how much they made off the show as if it's some finite amount of $. Money grows if you invest it and you can pretty much live off the returns if you've invested well enough.

What we don't know is the arrangement he has with the adult kids at this point. But think about it - Jill and Derrick are like a bottomless pit. After Walmart they've basically had no income. I don't care how many times Jessa refers to Ben going to "work", I very much doubt that whatever he's doing is supporting them comfortably and having them shop at Whole Foods, eat out constantly, etc. Trust me if he were making a pretty penny we'd all know about it by now. They are obviously less craven than the Dillards and haven't needed cash for big expenditures that we know of but they are subsidized, you can bet on it. Josh and Anna with FIVE children and Josh working at that pathetic car lot? Please. Also subsidized to some degree. Joy and Austin are a bit less clear because they appear productive in a way none of the others are so I can buy that he's not shelling out much there if anything at all. Jinger and Jeremy have a very nice house, seemingly endless funds to renovate and furnish it, are stylishly dressed, flying all over the country, Jeremy is studying and what can he be bringing in as a pastor to some tiiiiny congregation? Unless he has some prior savings I can see JB being the bank here too. Joe/Kendra and Josiah/Lauren again would have minimal income, not much different than Josh, albeit with lesser needs since they have 1 or no children thus far. 

He's financing the vast majority if not all of them, how much and what the terms are, well that we'll probably never know unless there is a tell-all.

I wonder if the Duggar couples are planning for the future. Is Emperor Jim Boob going to subsidize them for life, or is this temporary until they have a firm financial footing - something they weren’t allowed to have before popping out babies. What’s the plan for their own kids? Emperor Jim Boob can’t subsidize all his grandkids, and these couples don’t seem to be aware they need to set their kid up for their future. Seriously. What’s their plan? Little Izzy grows up and #bestpapaever doesn’t give him the head start in life that he got because he can’t afford it? And Izzy does what? 

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Let's see, what to snark on first?

Barely touching, nose ring intentionally visible, derick still holding his book in his lap, the fact that you can see jill trying to concentrate while snapping the selfie and posing, the hashtags, or his bony wrists and knobby knee.

there is just so much going on in this one picture

How did you look at the photo long enough to see all that? Did your eyes burn out of your head?

18 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I have never posted a kissing picture or a best hubby hashtag in my life. Am I failing as a wife? Is my relationship even real if I don’t talk about it on social media? ?

You know what they say. Pics or it didn’t happen.

I'm surprised she hasn't taken it a step further and added #besthuggerever #bestkisserever #bestholeinthesheetever 

34 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

well if i haven't seen it - then yes I question whether if you even have a relationship :D

And if I posted pics - well I would post ben's bicep because those two have no clue 

24 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

If she ever admitted that marriage can be less than perfect she would have to admit that the life her family trained her for is flawed, implying that her parents who trained her are flawed. Like dividing by zero or googling google, it would likely cause a rift in the space-time continuum. 

let's repeat the word flawed over and over 

40 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I wonder if the Duggar couples are planning for the future. Is Emperor Jim Boob going to subsidize them for life, or is this temporary until they have a firm financial footing - something they weren’t allowed to have before popping out babies. What’s the plan for their own kids? Emperor Jim Boob can’t subsidize all his grandkids, and these couples don’t seem to be aware they need to set their kid up for their future. Seriously. What’s their plan? Little Izzy grows up and #bestpapaever doesn’t give him the head start in life that he got because he can’t afford it? And Izzy does what? 

This is why these groups always die out in the next generation. They need the pyramid to grow by bringing in more money. If no one is skilled, educated in a needed field or above all else willing to work for a good long time, the group dies out because it can not be sustained. My hubs and I stopped at 2 kids because 3 would have made daycare too expensive...and neither of us could figure out how to support MORE people with less income and fewer benefits, and continue to live comfortably, plus save and plan for the future. It's not rocket science. Their lifestyle(s) unsustainable.

Bless her, she made sure to capitalize "God" in her hashtag. The LORD will not hold her guiltless that lowercaseth his name in vain!!

That picture is ridiculous!!! Why?!?! Why even post that? These two are ridiculous! Nobody wants to see that!! Except maybe Jim-perv!

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I've long considered myself to be a pretty good kisser, after getting some lessons from a Don Juan while in college.  But why post a picture of myself kissing my sweetie, only to find out that we look really awkward doing so?  I'd rather just keep my fantasies alive.

The tryhard is strong with this one!

Sorry Jilly Muff, no one believes you are happy with the #besthubbyever

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived