IGNORED

Dillards 64: Now with Multi-Level Marketing!

Georgiana

Someone asked how the influencer thing works earlier so I thought I would go into some more detail. There are three ways to get campaigns, pitching to the brand, using a third party app, or the brand pitching you. 

Pitching to the brand or  - you make contact with the brand, tell them what you can do for them and what you want in return. Usually they check you out pretty hard before accepting or countering your pitch 

Brand pitches you- works basically the same as you pitching them 

Using a third party- there are a bunch of companies that act as the go between. You make a profile with all your stats and what you are interested in and you get emailed when they have something you might want to apply for 

How it works- this varies from company and type of promotion. More followers equals more money. Video is worth more than just a photo. I have never worked with FFF because my people aren’t their target audience but I have worked with other box companies. I got a free box and a promo code. Every time someone subscribes with my code I make $5. Single IG posts bring in $100 but I have a fraction of Jill’s following. 

It really is sad she is married to a dick because she could be making bank. Someone I know in the mommy blogger world with similar numbers replaced her teaching income with 3 IG posts. But Jill has too much drama surrounding her to be able to build a good relationship with brands. Everyone saw what her husband did to TLC.  

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

Derick, have you created a sock for yourself?

Is he that smart or stupid to do that?

9 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I truly have never heard of making hummus without tahini, it's in every recipe I've ever seen. 

My mom's tomato hummus:

1 little tomatoe, 1 bowl of chickpeas, 1 garlic glove, olive oil, herbs. Mix and enjoy.

If you do the same, but with 2 big tomatoes, you can use it as sauce for pasta or for a fish dish. It works cold or hot.

13 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Is she that thin skinned to block a person over that? Good grief! 

12 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I don't want to get snarky because I like you but I feel like the fact that she has an instagram account and it is open to anyone who chooses to follow her life, then I do have a right to watch her life & give my opinion. (I'm guessing that was directed towards me) 

While I think you are absolutely fine in giving your opinion I also think she is also absolutely in the right to block whoever annoys her or just for other random reasons or no reasons at all. Just like I don’t have to talk or listen to strangers on the street if I don’t want to.

I prefer really creamy Hummus and have made it at home, but creamy means having to skin the Chick Peas, and that it's a tedious, time consuming process, no matter how many ways that I have tried. Anyone have a hint for getting that creamy texture without having to peel/skin those little peas/beans? 

46 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Anyone have a hint for getting that creamy texture without having to peel/skin those little peas/beans? 

Go to an antique store and get a Foley Food Mill. It's a sieve like thing that mashes fruits and vegetables and keeps the seeds, skins, and stems out of the finished product. It's worth a try.

WOW. No antique store needed. I googled FFM, and up popped many different types for sale on Amazon.

I heat my chickpeas up in a saucepan before making hummus. It softens them up so that all I do is throw everything in my food processor. Comes out super creamy. It was a hint my Lebanese neighbor showed me!

Oh my GOD I'm a dumbass.

Hummus is made of chickpeas? I thought... I thought it was made from some... hummus bean... like how there's a kebab animal and a haggis animal...

Why do people act like being a #boymom is hashtag-worthy? Unless you're married to Henry VIII, your baby having a penis isn't that big a deal. 

A restaurant near our house used to have the best hummus app. I don't think it was too fancy but you could tell it was freshly made. I have had others that are almost as good. Spoiled me from prepackaged hummus. 

51 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Why do people act like being a #boymom is hashtag-worthy? Unless you're married to Henry VIII, your baby having a penis isn't that big a deal. 

YES! What is that? I have a couple of friends who are obsessed with that. Why is that a thing? 

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I prefer really creamy Hummus and have made it at home, but creamy means having to skin the Chick Peas, and that it's a tedious, time consuming process, no matter how many ways that I have tried. Anyone have a hint for getting that creamy texture without having to peel/skin those little peas/beans? 

Have you tried the baking soda trick?  I learned it from one of the Ottolenghi cookbooks but there's an explanation here:

https://www.cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6634-for-creamier-hummus-skin-your-chickpeas

I have a Vitamix and it makes it super smooth but I don't think it comes out quite as silky as using skin-free chickpeas.  

13 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

My mom's tomato hummus:

1 little tomatoe, 1 bowl of chickpeas, 1 garlic glove, olive oil, herbs. Mix and enjoy.

If you do the same, but with 2 big tomatoes, you can use it as sauce for pasta or for a fish dish. It works cold or hot.

I made this with pasta for dinner tonight and it was yum!

2 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Sam's side eye, too funny.

A4CCBACD-9FD8-430E-8F21-B996E41DB769.png

Sam is my spirit animal. :kitty-shifty:

2 hours ago, bella8050 said:

What a change.  How in less than five years has Jill gone from youthful-looking and happy in Nepal with her non-melty-faced boyfriend to this?  She's only 27.  She's at the prime of her life.  She shouldn't look so sad in the eyes and fake in her smile.  She's so young to have those crow's feet at the edge of her eyes and wrinkles on her forehead.  Some people are just genetically more likely to get wrinkles, but Jill is the only Duggar daughter who looks so old - exhausted old - for her age.  Looking at her recent Instagram pictures, she's a pitiable figure.  

35 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

YES! What is that? I have a couple of friends who are obsessed with that. Why is that a thing? 

Because boys are inherently more valuable to the world, duh!

17 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

What a change.  How in less than five years has Jill gone from youthful-looking and happy in Nepal with her non-melty-faced boyfriend to this?  She's only 27.  She's at the prime of her life.  She shouldn't look so sad in the eyes and fake in her smile.  She's so young to have those crow's feet at the edge of her eyes and wrinkles on her forehead.  Some people are just genetically more likely to get wrinkles, but Jill is the only Duggar daughter who looks so old - exhausted old - for her age.  Looking at her recent Instagram pictures, she's a pitiable figure.  

Maybe she just doesn't moisturize? Acne was a problem for a lot of the Duggar teens, no? So maybe they use a lot of drying and oil-free skin care products that don't moisturize enough? I lot of products made for acne are extremely drying. Or maybe she's paired down her skincare routine and omitted moisturizer to save money and/or be more low-maintenance? Maybe daily sunscreen wasn't ever in her routine? Also, having kids ages even young people.

I hesitate to blame it on her mental state because it could be a lot of things. I don't think she looks terrible and wrinkles are a perfectly normal thing that will happen to us all, inevitably. She's a bit young to have them, but not by much. I've been moisturizing twice daily since I was was a teen but I'm seeing the beginnings of wrinkles myself at 29. 

3 hours ago, finnlassie said:

Oh my GOD I'm a dumbass.

Hummus is made of chickpeas? I thought... I thought it was made from some... hummus bean... like how there's a kebab animal and a haggis animal...

Don’t feel bad, once when I was talking about matzo ball soup I had to tell someone that matzo isn’t a type of animal 

On 9/3/2018 at 5:51 PM, mollysmom said:

I don't want to get snarky because I like you but I feel like the fact that she has an instagram account and it is open to anyone who chooses to follow her life, then I do have a right to watch her life & give my opinion. (I'm guessing that was directed towards me) 

No, actually, you don't have a right to watch her, you have the privilege of watching her, you have a right to give your opinion. There is huge difference between rights and privileges and you are confusing them.  I'm not meaning to be a bitch here, just pointing out the difference in the two words. 

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I think it depends on how many you have. I have a friend from high school who has 5 sons, no girls so that's a bit less obnoxious of a # in her case than Jill with only two.

Maybe the sun and hot weather in South America affected Jill? I know when I moved even across country ( nearly ) it affected my skin. I don't know about Jill, but sunscreen is an important part of my beauty routine, and so is skin care. I'm not going to judge her for her crows feet...her gob open in many pics I will snark on, but not this. I think she looks good in the pic with Sam and Izzy.

Love Sam's side eye !

5 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Can’t she ever take a pic of the boys without photo bombing her own kids?

I've never really thought the #boymom thing was weird or that it was inherently acting like boys were better than girls. I think it just is a thing people use to describe/embrace silly things their male children do. Like a solidarity thing for all the moms of young boys out there who try to eat worms or pee outside with the dog when they turn their back for a moment...  The quick, technology age version of going "Aren't toddler boys just crazy?"

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I cooked my from raw chickpeas in my instant pot and finally got creamy hummus. it used to be kind of gritty, but still good with lots of cumin and cilantro.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived