IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

That’s a BIG house. That’s over 800 square meters. Our house is 100. It’s not big but it’s plenty of space for our little family of three. 

He’s right. They will lose eachother. 

Each room was the size of 1 house. But when they were leaving I noticed it looked like automatic opening glass doors like a business would have?! So maybe it was a commercial property that they’re converting to a house. 

1 hour ago, 3SecondSideHugger said:

Each room was the size of 1 house. But when they were leaving I noticed it looked like automatic opening glass doors like a business would have?! So maybe it was a commercial property that they’re converting to a house. 

I noticed this too, and some that lead into what looked like a little porch/entrance area...now I really want to know what it was before it was duggarfied. 

4 hours ago, BernRul said:

Wait, what? She and Austin only agree on one boy name, but she doesn't like it? Why would you agree to name your child (particularly your first child)  a name that you don't like? I didn't see the episode so I don't know how it comes off in person, but that makes me wonder about Austin and Joy's relationship if they "agree on" only one possible name that 1/2 of them doesn't even like. 

Maybe it's just me, but does that seem really weird to anyone else?  I can understand if one person is passionate about a name and the other person just thinks it's okay but is willing to give it a chance, but to not even like the name you agreed to is so bizarre. Then again, didn't Jessa do the same thing with Spurgeon? 

My impression was more that they both liked the name ok - but she was just Second guessing  - like people do when picking a name. It didn’t sound, to me, like he had pushed her into a name. 

And good Lord, that is one huge baby ! 

She did say she didn't really like the name at the time, which isn't a great sign. I get that compromise often has to happen on names, but I don't think it's good if one parent actually doesn't like the name. That said, it sounds like we don't actually know if the name they ended choosing is the same name that Joy said she didn't like.

(And this is just me, but I think her preferences on the first name should have priority when the middle name and surname is already straight from Austin!)

On 8/30/2018 at 8:59 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She was also being honest with her sister, and she should be because birth isn't all sunshine and roses, it is risky business, women and babies die in the birthing process. IMO all 1st times moms need someone to really prepare them for the realities of childbirth and motherhood, because often times you only see the "pretty side" of what people want you to see, and that is where things go wrong when they aren't all sunshine and roses. Jessa wasn't saying it to be a bitch she was preparing her, as she said you don't know until you know, and you can't fathom what the pain of labor is like until you experience it, just know to be prepared and know you will get through it, and Jessa said that as well. I thought it was a thoughtful conversation between siblings/friends.

Isn't that what your doctor is for? She did nothing but scare the hell out of her. And for what? How does being terrified "prepare" someone? 

And didn't Jessa have her second at home? She's not trying to warn her about home births. 

She did it again tonight: "I didn't have my eyes open for 24 hours. kinda scary."  

Yeah, so why are you saying that to three pregnant people? 

43 minutes ago, amendgitan said:

Isn't that what your doctor is for? She did nothing but scare the hell out of her. And for what? How does being terrified "prepare" someone? 

And didn't Jessa have her second at home? She's not trying to warn her about home births. 

She did it again tonight: "I didn't have my eyes open for 24 hours. kinda scary."  

Would you have wanted Jessa to say everything would be fine, if Joy and Austin  left it up to God or if Joy and Austin prayed had enough? Jessa was blunt, yes, but she was being very real too. Good for Jessa, I say. I know if I were in anyone's shoes about birth, I'd want the truth and advice from someone who has been there. 

Well, not from  Jill and Michelle. I bet they would have sugar coated it.

From my point of view (being due in 15 days) I am actually very interested in how hard labour is. Not talking about horrible splatter stories but people not sugar coating the pain but at the same time reassuring me that it can be done and it will be fine (afterwards). I wasn’t into it before but in the last weeks this seems to be important for me. The many different ways labour can go (and the medication and procedures that might come up) and seeing slightly exhausted but thrilled and happy people at least give me the illusion of being prepared. 

If Joy asked Jessa should honestly answer her questions with everything Jessa thinks and feels about it. Now, telling that someone who doesn’t ask is a bit much.

The Joy and Austin name thing. She specially said: “...we both kind of agree on but I don’t like it now.” That sounds to me as if they weren’t both too into the name but haven’t found something better and she is now second guessing it. That is how I interpret it (together with her mimic and gestures) and I didn’t get any impression of Austin forcing the name on her.

34 minutes ago, Whipple said:

Why would JimBob tell the kids to pray for a home birth? Seems like they might want to pray for a safe delivery. Money??

He didn’t say to pray for a home birth, he said to pray for a “natural delivery” ,which I took to mean that she wouldn’t need a c-section.  She seemed very scared about that, and doesn’t seem to like hospitals in general. So I can see why that would make her extra nervous. C-sections are major surgery. Major surgery sucks. It’s great and life saving of course- but definitely not something anyone having their first baby is aiming for.

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

She did say she didn't really like the name at the time, which isn't a great sign. I get that compromise often has to happen on names, but I don't think it's good if one parent actually doesn't like the name. That said, it sounds like we don't actually know if the name they ended choosing is the same name that Joy said she didn't like.

(And this is just me, but I think her preferences on the first name should have priority when the middle name and surname is already straight from Austin!)

Maybe I heard it wrong... I heard that they found one name they agreed on, but NOW she wasn’t sure she liked it. 

7 hours ago, BernRul said:

Wait, what? She and Austin only agree on one boy name, but she doesn't like it? Why would you agree to name your child (particularly your first child)  a name that you don't like? I didn't see the episode so I don't know how it comes off in person, but that makes me wonder about Austin and Joy's relationship if they "agree on" only one possible name that 1/2 of them doesn't even like. 

Maybe it's just me, but does that seem really weird to anyone else?  I can understand if one person is passionate about a name and the other person just thinks it's okay but is willing to give it a chance, but to not even like the name you agreed to is so bizarre. Then again, didn't Jessa do the same thing with Spurgeon? 

Mr Way and I have very different taste in names. We vetoed eachothers favourites for nine months. He suggested one name that I liked and I thought we had decided on that since we obviously had talked about pretty much every name in the world and couldn’t agree on anything else. But then he changed his mind and wanted to think about it more. So we went through all the names in the world one more time and ten days after Miniway was born we gave him the first name anyway. 

Mr Way sometimes still talk about his favourite names like they were actually contenders. They were not. 

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

Maybe I heard it wrong... I heard that they found one name they agreed on, but NOW she wasn’t sure she liked it.

Could be, and either way we don't know if that's what they decided on in the end. I certainly hope they ended up with a name she liked!

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

From my point of view (being due in 15 days) I am actually very interested in how hard labour is. Not talking about horrible splatter stories but people not sugar coating the pain but at the same time reassuring me that it can be done and it will be fine (afterwards). I wasn’t into it before but in the last weeks this seems to be important for me. The many different ways labour can go (and the medication and procedures that might come up) and seeing slightly exhausted but thrilled and happy people at least give me the illusion of being prepared. 

I gave birth two days before Jinger, and I was exactly like you the last few weeks before delivery, so here goes my honest birth story with the aim of encouraging:

My pregnancy had been super uneventful from the start, with no complications at all apart from horribly annoying nausea, heartburn and thirst. For some reason I was very much against having an induction so when my due date (which was also my birthday!) approached, I was beginning to get nervous. I had not felt any Braxton Hicks contractions and could not for the life of me tell if the baby had 'dropped' 

Then at 4am on my due date and birthday i woke up to some back pain. At first I thought it came from having slept in an uncomfortable position (sure you can relate ;-)) but the pain wouldn't go away when I was lying down, so I had to get up and walk around which helped a little. Half an hour later I just knew I was in labour - they say you will 'just know' and that's exactly how it was for me - and I went to wake up my husband because I was excited and needed company ?

The next couple of hours I laboured at home because I wanted to go to the hospital as late as possible. I used an app to track the contractions but I sucked at pressing the button at the right moment so the record is a bit messy at times; it did prove helpful later on to make me feel confident that we were leaving at the right time. 

There was pain that slowly kept intensifying, especially in the back for me, so I couldn't sleep or read but it was manageable like bad period and back pain combined. Walking helped, breathing helped, hugging my husband helped. I tried to eat but threw up ? and once my water broke/started trickling I spent about an hour labouring on the toilet which I described in another post on FJ and found very agreeable - sounds odd, but do give it a try if you feel comfortable with the idea.

They tell you to go to the hospital when your water breaks here, but I am stubborn and wanted to wait even longer. We called the hospital to cancel a monitoring session that had been scheduled for the day, my husband informed his boss, I took a shower, and we eventually departed for the hospital shortly after 11am.

When we got to the hospital I had the feeling labour slowed down a little first while they were admitting and checking me, but it picked up with a vengeance once I was in the delivery room. The pain kept getting worse and worse, walking and kneeling helped a bit and breathing did too but I found it hard to focus on that. At 1pm I told the midwife that I was considering an epidural after all, and she promised to check back in at 2pm. At 1.30pm I had such intense back labour my husband called her in and I asked for an epidural - only to be told I was at 8cm and it was too late... I may have cried at that point. 

Some really strong contractions brought on full dilation in minutes and they bullied me to giving birth flat on my back (still bitter about it) The rest is a bit of a fog. Not gonna lie, this was the worst pain I ever experienced and I'm a tough person. It felt like something was ripping me apart, I wanted to stop it from happening and apparently kept trying to push the doctors away and squeezed my husband's hand in this clichéd way from the movies. It was almost an out of body experience of sorts when my body took over and just did its thing - I don't remember doing anything consciously, I just pushed when the urge came and am embarrassed to say that I screamed in agony.

I got very angry when my husband told me he saw the head (was thinking 'wtf all this pain and the head isn't even out yet?!'), but felt so relieved when he told me head and then shoulders were out. Our daughter was born at 2.10pm,and pushing was just about 20mins

Holding her for the first time... I'm weirdly jealous you get to experience that for the first time soon. It was breathtaking even though I was still preoccupied with the pain (delivery of the placenta was very unpleasant with the doctors pushing on my stomach)

So... To sum it up: transition and delivery were agony for me. However, I was amazed by how my body knew what it was doing and I just had to go along with it. I'd totally do it again despite the first thing I said to my husband after delivery was 'we're not having a second' 

Tips from my side

- Listen to and trust your body. You can do this, just follow your body's lead.

- Breathing helps. Look up hypnobirthing for example and try to do breathing exercises a lot if you haven't already. I only started doing this very close to the birth and I wish I had done it sooner to have it more 'automatic' - I'm convinced that if you know how to control your breathing bc you have been meditating or doing yoga, this can be an amazing pain relief

You can do this!! Wishing you a safe and easy labour and delivery. Much love ❤️

11 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Please do, and then let us know what she says

I also need a picture of kids hanging from the rafters...

Spoiler

3ffcc6bc5bedcf98bfdf3819a4699a6f.thumb.jpg.5a370ecc546cf76f9ece7ea491235ccf.jpg

Michelle using her sweet voice wasnt keeping these kids off the rafters 

Austin he seems doesn't like the camera, but the scene where he was holding the baby at the end was sweet. But Joy was so over being pregnant.  And Jill needs to stop talking 

Jessa's birthday party for Henry was cute.  Henry is the opposite of Spurge you can tell. 

as for the name thing - I can't watch it again (plus i didn't pvr it ) to find out about names...

10 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

And I present you, The Seewalds, who took a week or so to release the name of their first born, Spurgeon Elliot. I'll never believe that Spurgeon was Jessa's first choice in male names.

I found this on youtube. I think it's the latest episode, even if the description says "Joe and Kendra say I do". 

Kendra is winning over.  I love her spicy comments.  There is a lot more to her then the average Duggar girl who have all the spunk in them crushed.  

11 hours ago, amendgitan said:

Well if Joy had actually seen a doctor, that would be one thing, but she didn't.

Kendra seems so effortlessly positive and sweet. She's probably my current favorite fundie. Pregnancy also looks great on her! (Which is convenient, because she'll probably have like 17884j85 babies.) 

Joy and Austin were SO over that pregnancy and birth, but the minute Gideon arrived they were clearly ecstatic. I think Joy and Austin might surprise us and be better, more nurturing parents than some have predicted. Austin may not always be the most outwardly emotional or seem super into Joy, but I thought his tearing up when talking about seeing her in pain was telling.

Lauren and Josiah are still weird together. ?

How many homebirths-gone-wrong is Jill going to be involved with before people stop accepting her "medical" advice???

13 hours ago, amendgitan said:

What doctor? Jill? The unnamed midwife? Joy didn't see a doctor until she ended up having a C-Section. Jessa didn't terrify her. She was truthful. She could have said "It will all be fine, don't even worry." It's not fine, I am sure it hurts like hell.

17 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Well now I’m waiting for someone to name their son Batman.

I'm not going to lie, I wish that I liked the name Bruce partly becasue of Batman. There's just been a lot of cool people named Bruce: Bruce Wayne, Bruce Springsteen, Bruce Lee, Bruce Campbell.  It's such a cool name, but it sounds so harsh to me lol. 

Also I saw the episode (thanks for the YouTube link!) and it does sound more like Joy was second guessing the name, which makes a lot more sense. 

I just got the impression that she/they were going back and forth trying to get a boys name. Having known moms/parents that had a tough time deciding on a name, I think sometimes people just can't settle and change their minds until they actually have the baby and have to put a name on a certificate. They didn't decide for sure until after he was born because he was still "baby" in hospital. I didn't think it was a matter of Joy agreeing to a name she didn't like as much as it was she just didn't know what she liked and was changing her mind on it. 

13 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I’ve had three babies & three totally different labors. First was 3 weeks early, i had pre-eclampsia, and it was not really what you’d want to experience as a first birth. Second was the easiest pregnancy & easiest labor & delivery. He was 2 weeks early, i had my epidural within an hour of being at the hospital, and don’t actually remember feeling any pain that was worse than annoying. Third was my longest since kid decided to go sunny side up & i wouldn’t dilate enough to get an epidural until i’d been at the hospital for about 9 hours, which sucked. (Oh, btw, epidurals are AMAZING. I seriously don’t know how women do without them. If i have a choice between feeling everything & feeling just a little bit of pressure when it’s time to push, yeah, i’m getting that needle in my spine, lol!)

After my experience with my first, the only advice i can give is that you have zero control over how things could possibly go, so just stay calm & do whatever you have to to go home happy & healthy with a healthy baby. And congrats! 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived