IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like the Swansons have deep roots in Georgia and still own their home there. Is the move to Arkansas only temporary, to get Lauren married off?

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

pizzabite.thumb.jpg.6c3a1f0a48e18ebac2ed1d9aeed7d52e.jpg

Pretty much everyone look bad when they eat, but that is a really, really ugly photo of Jeremy. I can’t stop looking at it. ?

23 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Yeah, I can't imagine leaving a place with "100 years" of family history just to live near the DUGGARS.

What if you could live here?

https://www.boredpanda.com/unique-cave-rock-house-parthenon-arkansas/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

I actually have no idea if this is close to the Duggars but it would be the perfect home for a quiverful family. When you have a new blessing you just dig another room. 

38 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

https://www.alpakas-am-chiemsee.de/freizeitangebot/alpakawanderung/What if you could live here?

https://www.boredpanda.com/unique-cave-rock-house-parthenon-arkansas/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

I actually have no idea if this is close to the Duggars but it would be the perfect home for a quiverful family. When you have a new blessing you just dig another room. 

Very nice! Don‘t try hanging up a picture though. :56247957a2c7b_32(17):

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

@Buzzard They're messing with the timeline on Duke's birth, Gideon's birth and Siren's engagement. We know Gideon was born February 23. Duke's was born two days apart from Gideon, either the 21st or the 25th. The engagement was announced March 5th. 

Yes, the engagement happened sooner than the announcement.   Jessa and Ben's congrats videos to Joy on Gideon's birth and to Siren on their engagement show them in the same outfits.  They were filmed right after Gideon's birth. It's just Joy's story line that doesn't line up with Josiah's.  They've been doing that all season.

Normally I get the messing with time lines and it doesn't bother me... you have to make the show understandable and drag this shit out for a whole season but this season is out of hand 

4 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

How did Lauren react exactly? Did she seem happy?

OVER ANALYZING PROBABLY BUT HERE IS MY OPINION:

Like when she walks around to see the set up she literally just asks "whats this?" in like a flat tone, 

She just seems like she knew it was coming. Her expression doesnt change after the initial "awww siah" from a docile smile through his entire heart felt, jesus filled monologue that would make any christian girl on one of the most important days of her life, cry. Like she is being asked to take on a role that she has been raised to believe is her godly ordained duty and the highest honor for the Lord, and she soft smiles through the whole thing?? (Screen capped below) 

Spoiler

853ee71c0ec09db43e7d3b8f82102a2c.thumb.jpg.82199823f93b27cb2e8f1e5eec8d14eb.jpg

Then after his speech he asks her to marry him, she weirdly whispers "I would love to Si" followed by the weirdest half-full hug snuggle nuzzle where they both breath heavily into their mics (CUT THAT AUDIO TLC IT HURTS MY BRAIN TO HEAR) pictured below

Spoiler

cb4ddf3bc8480ccc30d6b34bad3e4fe5.thumb.jpg.f328b093bda9b3d4c9a29b31ea64568a.jpg

This was followed by several moments where a normal couple would kiss, and you can tell they really want to kiss.

Spoiler

Like right here

cb85e99b5c8f20a097ce71c700bf315c.png.54a63e6b25921df89a2ea5b174eb013e.png

I asked my fiance to watch the proposal (his second exposure to the SiRen) to see if I was being too critical. He said that it seemed staged and that the real proposal was probably off camera. 

DF: "From my experience you're way too nervous to give that kind of monologue during a proposal"

followed by "Wow she really couldnt even squeeze out a tear or a better surprised reaction?" 

But to be fair, I ugly cried during his proposal and literally had to sit down after because I was so surprised and shocked I felt light headed. We have been dating for 8 years, not 8 weeks like SiRen here.

In all fairness to Lauren, she did become slightly emotional when her dad told her that he proposed to her mom on that exact spot 20 years ago.  

I just cant tell if she is trying to come across as mature and serious, by forcing down emotions?????

I am reading way too much into this? Probably. 

3 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Normally I get the messing with time lines and it doesn't bother me... you have to make the show understandable and drag this shit out for a whole season but this season is out of hand 

My impression is that they've fallen so far behind that they're trying to catch up to the Jabbie courtship at least.  So many life events have happened since last season: Joken honeymoon,baby reveal, JinJer baby reveal, Josiah Courtship, Joy's birth, Kendra's birth, Jabbie's Courtship, Siren's wedding, JinJer's birth. They have to include several story lines in each episode which did not happen at the same time.  It's bound to be a bit of a mess.

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Yes, the engagement happened sooner than the announcement.   Jessa and Ben's congrats videos to Joy on Gideon's birth and to Siren on their engagement show them in the same outfits.  They were filmed right after Gideon's birth. It's just Joy's story line that doesn't line up with Josiah's.  They've been doing that all season.

This week the timeline seemed much closer to reality than last week - which was ridiculous. It seems like the 2 babies births and the proposal all happened the same week. For the purposes of the show t wouldn’t make sense to have Joy give birthAND Josiah propose in  the same episode. 

4 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

OVER ANALYZING PROBABLY BUT HERE IS MY OPINION:

Like when she walks around to see the set up she literally just asks "whats this?" in like a flat tone, 

She just seems like she knew it was coming. Her expression doesnt change after the initial "awww siah" from a docile smile through his entire heart felt, jesus filled monologue that would make any christian girl on one of the most important days of her life, cry. Like she is being asked to take on a role that she has been raised to believe is her godly ordained duty and the highest honor for the Lord, and she soft smiles through the whole thing?? (Screen capped below) 

Reveal hidden contents

853ee71c0ec09db43e7d3b8f82102a2c.thumb.jpg.82199823f93b27cb2e8f1e5eec8d14eb.jpg

Then after his speech he asks her to marry him, she weirdly whispers "I would love to Si" followed by the weirdest half-full hug snuggle nuzzle where they both breath heavily into their mics (CUT THAT AUDIO TLC IT HURTS MY BRAIN TO HEAR) pictured below

Reveal hidden contents

cb4ddf3bc8480ccc30d6b34bad3e4fe5.thumb.jpg.f328b093bda9b3d4c9a29b31ea64568a.jpg

This was followed by several moments where a normal couple would kiss, and you can tell they really want to kiss.

Reveal hidden contents

Like right here

cb85e99b5c8f20a097ce71c700bf315c.png.54a63e6b25921df89a2ea5b174eb013e.png

I asked my fiance to watch the proposal (his second exposure to the SiRen) to see if I was being too critical. He said that it seemed staged and that the real proposal was probably off camera. 

DF: "From my experience you're way too nervous to give that kind of monologue during a proposal"

followed by "Wow she really couldnt even squeeze out a tear or a better surprised reaction?" 

But to be fair, I ugly cried during his proposal and literally had to sit down after because I was so surprised and shocked I felt light headed. We have been dating for 8 years, not 8 weeks like SiRen here.

In all fairness to Lauren, she did become slightly emotional when her dad told her that he proposed to her mom on that exact spot 20 years ago.  

I just cant tell if she is trying to come across as mature and serious, by forcing down emotions?????

I am reading way too much into this? Probably. 

Well, I actually think those Fundies who act surprised are more faking it than Lauren. Courtship has marriage written all over it in big letters.

Especially as the Duggars only seem to announce a courtship publicly when there already has been a longer get to know each other phase and the courtship seems only to be a formality to keep up appearances.

So, while the show still tries to paint the picture of surprised women, non of them can be surprised after about 3 months of courtship. 

On a personal note: I got engaged after three months but even though we are not Fundies I wasn’t surprised or crying at all. We always felt like this was it from the start (or hormones made us believe it) so when it happened it just felt really normal and natural. It was also rather low key (breakfast in bed) but I hate big drama (for myself- you do you) and wouldn’t have felt comfortable in a more public situation.

From my experience- in my country engagement are a more private affair and often not the BIG proposal. Means less heavy crying or surprise as many wait some years but still have an understanding that it will come. I wonder if this is going to shift as Pinterest has millions of beautiful staged engagement photos and ideas. 

Back to Lauren: I kind of like her less emotional attitude. In her TH she seems rather serious. They still give me the impression of just playing a part for the show. I chose to believe they do it on purpose and have a private understanding what they want from this marriage and are fine with it.

I hadn’t watched the show when I suggested that the Swansons still own their Georgia home. It seems clear that the home belongs to Lauren’s grandma, who was already living there when Lauren’s parents got engaged on the property.

On the fancy cave in Arkansas, my dad’s college roommate and his wife lived in a cave in Arkansas for a while in the sixties. My parents went to visit them and got to stay in their guest cave. I’m sure the accommodations were much more humble than Mr. Celestial Tea’s luxury bunker.

At the actual wedding Josiah seemed really emotionless and like he was just going through the motions, but for the actual engagement, he sounded very genuine and choked up. I wonder what changed, or perhaps it was just nerves. 

On 8/20/2018 at 12:19 PM, Buzzard said:

Kendra makes a shit ton of French toast…

I am way behind on this thread, but had this on in the background while doing stage one of a deep clean (baseboards to microwave).

Kendra uses her warming drawer for what it's intended, that's one of my goals in life. Mine is shoved full of pans for storage space.

TLC really couldn't jam Joy's birth and Josiah's proposal into one episode. That would be far too messy. I don't mind the shifting timelines in that sense. However, they're going to have to try and keep a better handle on what they're messing with and keep it more linear. I wonder if they catch up and get the Jabbie courtship, it will be better. Or messier? Because eventually there will be so many overlapping pregnancies that it will be hard to keep track of it all. 

27 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Welp, I had no idea that drawer under the oven wasnt meant for storing crap. ?‍♀️?‍♀️

It depends on the oven. Not every oven has a warming drawer. The drawer under my oven is definitely just meant to be used as storage.

yeah, the warming drawer is a total revelation when you discover what it's actually meant for. I've been meaning to try it out just for the novelty but it's such a good storage place.

It is clearly impossible for any mortal to get these timelines in order for the show with so many people to follow. So if there is so much crap going on to fit into a season then why all the staged shit and filler?

Does anybody tune in for the great storytelling? Why don't they just film stuff and air it. Why bother trying to stitch this stuff together with some contrived narrative. We know the narrative...everyone is either courting, getting married or having and raising babies.  We're going to see courtship announcements, courting, proposals, wedding planning, weddings, honeymoons, newlywed life, baby announcements, gender reveals, pregnancy, labour and birth...then new parents. Once in a while there will be an event with the little's and middle's in waiting. Basically everything on this list will be staged for camera crews except for the labour and birth parts. That is it.

Yes, there is so much of this to fit in yet there is enough time in each episode for things like whiteboard and marker portrait drawing and cheese sampling in the talking heads. And there is always time to be reminded of the last hundred courtships, marriages etc etc that have already taken place on air. Nothing can happen without a reminder of when it happened to Jessa...and then the rest of them. Every. Time. It's like and ongoing recital of the 12 days of christmas where everytime  someone new does something they have to go down the list until they get to the first. At length. Every. Time. With Every. Thing. Excluding the shunned ones  who have been counted out of course.

3 hours ago, melon said:

I don't like how Kendra doesn't put her hair up or pull it back,when she's preparing food.No one wants hair in their food.

I do not have the episode in clear memory right now, but I think Kendra has pretty straight hair, and it is not all over the place. I also think it hasn't been seen when she actually made the mix?

I had hair longer than that, way over my hips, and I just recently cut it. I haven't had it that short in 7 years, and most people don't even realise I cut it because it is still that long, but for me right now it is that akward length that a braid is sort of weird, but I cannot not braid it because of my job etc..

The point I actually wanted to make. When my hair was as long as Kendras (or the duggar girls generally), I did not have it pulled up for cooking or baking either. I routinely had it in a pony tail, but not always, because it was very long, very straight and very heavy (due to the pure amount of it) that putting it up actually would make it more likely to end up in food, because I'd have to make a messy bun etc, and due to the pure weight, there would be strands falling out of the bun pretty quickly, and be more likely to end up in the working area, whereas I am pretty used to having my hair open on my back, and it being long enough, it wouldn't just fall into my face. 

That probably sounds really strange now, but I assume Kendra has been growing her hair for a very long time, and is very used to dealing with her hair. And I also assume, that just like me, she eats what she cooks/bakes and therefor also does not want to have hair in her food, so I assume she'd be careful with that. 

But I see what could be the reasons for that if she does not have it put up. For me, a pony tail usually makes the most sense, and that's what I normally do, but I also could manage without it being tied together at all.

My apologies because I feel I am struggling to bring across my point, so if you don't know what I mean, sorry about that. But I can assure that it can be done in a hygenic way, without having your bare hands in your hair all the time. That would be more likely if you have it put up but threatens to slip out of the bun or whatever you did to put it up.

Mine is just a storage drawer too. 

I used to have a huge old stove that had a warming compartment next to the oven. (This was a vintage 30s/40s stove.)

It was SO HANDY to put the holiday veggies in their serving dishes in there to keep them warm while the turkey was carved, etc. And it was ALSO handy for FORGETTING the veggies and not having them on the table and only remembering them when you were cleaning the kitchen after dinner. Not that I know that first-hand or anything. And nobody missed the green bean casserole, either. haha

I have had long hair (lower bra strap length) and short hair (chin length) and I always put my hair back when I'm cooking.  Either in a pony tail or with a headband. 

I worked in restaurant kitchens during my teens/early 20s and it's a habit I picked up.  It's one of my bugaboos actually, people who don't pull their hair back when they cook.

@SamiKatz yeah, with those lengths I get it, too. Because it is much more likely that it would fall into the working area. I have it to the lower bra strep right now, but they were going way over my ass, and therefor wouldn't have been in my way because they lay pretty flat on my back and if they would've gotten close, I would've pushed them back with my ellbows, which now I cannot do anymore. That is a change for sure, too.

That being said, I only really cook for myself, and I usually tie them up in a pony tail when I bake. 

But obviously, working in kitchens professionally, this would not be possible. I have to have my hair braided (or put up, which doesn't work for me) for my job too, it's only allowed to wear it open if it is about chin length.

It felt odd watching this latest episode. I remember Si as the fun loving jokester, and now he seems to be very serious. 

So where I live waitresses don't have to put their hair up so potentially that normalizes it but I don't know anyone who put thier hair up to cook no matter the length. 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived