IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

21 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

They actually showed Ofwreck? But I thought he pulled his family from TLC

:pb_lol:

They’re so far behind on the timeline that they haven’t gotten to that point yet. Soon Jill will join Josh in off-camera obscurity.

Even by Duggar safety standards, I was appalled by the bounce house under the rafters. If a kid can grab it, he can knock his head on it!

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nurses are the best. When I had my third baby the nurse did all the work and kept me calm. She was standing there holding my baby when the doctor walked in. My best delivery ever. Lol

Agree that nurses are the best. My son was in the NICU for a month when he was born and those nurses were amazing. They thought us how to be newbie parents

I associate the name Bruce (as well as Keith) as a mid to late baby boomer, as in someone 10-15 years older than I am. Generally speaking, I don't think either name is quite old enough to be recycled yet, like maybe Frank or Glenn, or even Russell. Again, this is just my perception.
Frank or Franklin are family names for us... We have two Franks (first or middle names) born in the last couple of years! Hahaha it amuses me so much to see babies named Frank.

I saw a thing on reddit and immediately thought of the fundie rush to marry. I wasn't sure where to put it so I just closed my eyes and picked a thread.

CGlgrwy.jpg

At what point are the Duggar kids going to be jealous of the in laws or at least feel inadequate around them? Dwreck has an accounting degree and got in law school. Ben has an associate degree in I think poly-sci and is/was enrolled at Moody. Jeremy has a bachelor degree in I think business and is back in a real school for I am guessing theology or divinity (I haven’t been paying attention), Lauren has an associate degree in nursing, and Abbie has something since she has been working as a nurse.  The kids have to be figuring out how lacking their education really was right? 

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

At what point are the Duggar kids going to be jealous of the in laws or at least feel inadequate around them? Dwreck has an accounting degree and got in law school. Ben has an associate degree in I think poly-sci and is/was enrolled at Moody. Jeremy has a bachelor degree in I think business and is back in a real school for I am guessing theology or divinity (I haven’t been paying attention), Lauren has an associate degree in nursing, and Abbie has something since she has been working as a nurse.  The kids have to be figuring out how lacking their education really was right? 

They should and hopefully will be more open minded for their own children. 

What is interesting to me is, that the women might not to be bothered too much as their role is to stay at home but they actually seem to be more open to the concept (just my feeling)- probably because their husbands will encourage it.

But for the men it might be a lot harder to have wives that are much more educated. In my opinion that sets them up for more critical thinking, a broader sense of things and they might stand their ground well in discussions in being able to form good arguments. (Not saying you have to have  certain education to be able to do that all but it helps). How are they going to deal with that? Will they feel inferior or will they be proud? Will their children have a chance of pursuing a higher education if they want to (and will that be a topic that is positively talked about at home)?

At least Josiah seemed rather impressed and mentioned that the structure of real schooling might have done him good. So I see a chance for their children to finish homeschooling successful (Lauren seems like a very structured and determined person which can only be a benifit) and then be able to attend a real college if they want to.

3 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

I saw a thing on reddit and immediately thought of the fundie rush to marry. I wasn't sure where to put it so I just closed my eyes and picked a thread.

CGlgrwy.jpg

I double dare someone posting this to Zsu. ?

Nurses are rock stars that rule the world and the true heroes. They have saved my ass more than once. I ❤️ nurses! Love, the newbie doctor.

18 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Retired nurse. I worked Nicus/Picus for 35 years. I am 60 and have been retired for a couple of years. Frankly, I don't know how I did it, but at the time, I found it really rewarding, and made me really appreciate my 2 healthy kids.

I just want to say thank you! I have the utmost respect for all nurses - but NICU nurses hold a super special place in my heart because of my son. I've seen those nurses save lives - save teeny weeny baby lives. And love every little tiny person in their care. So - kudos to you. 

Austin was sweet during the labor and getting teary about Joy being in pain.  Too bad about the C-section so young, as they will not be able to have a million kids now.  They will be forced to use contraception and they’re probably OK with that. 

Gideon is the biggest baby I have ever seen. Good grief. 

I like Austin and I always liked Ben.  However will admit I was wrong to like Jeremy and Derrick. 

With my dad's long term hospital/nursing home stay before he passed, I really got to know some wonderful nurses and a couple that didn't impress me. The ones I didn't like were at a rehab hospital that is supposed to be THE place to go to. It was awful and they were cold and seemed to have no respect for my dad. In the two weeks that he was there he was rushed several times to the ER and had hospital stays. I think a lot of it came from neglect. I know how they treated me when I was there. Awful. Still wanting to write a complaint letter after my dad's service. 

But almost all his nurses were great. I saw so many in action, the respect, the patience.... my dad's hospice nurse was the best. I think a good nurse is a real treasure. 

I was bored last night and watched the last episode of CO. I haven't watched an entire episode since Jill's wedding, so here's my thoughts:

At marker 35.19 on the film, Michelle has a TH and she says that at 0400 when the call came in, Joy was dilated to 6CM. So are we to believe that a first time mom dilated to 6cm, with a breech, >10 lb baby? If so, that is amazing progress. If not, that means that the baby flipped- when? @ 6cm, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....AND no one realized such? Again, finding that real hard to believe with a >10 lb baby. This just makes zero sense at all. Crappy care, for sure.

In terms of J/A's birth plan: In an Austin TH, A. states that if needed, they'd just go to the nearest hospital. And just roll right into the ER, L/D and create immediate chaos? That was their plan??? 

So ignorant and entitled.

I wonder how that decision impacted the other laboring mothers in that unit??????

Kendra is under the care of doctor and and knows exactly how big her baby is at this point in her pregnancy (1.6lb) meanwhile joy is is about to go into labor, has only seen a lay-midwife and nobody has any idea that baby is over 10lb

5 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Kendra is under the care of doctor and and knows exactly how big her baby is at this point in her pregnancy (1.6lb) meanwhile joy is is about to go into labor, has only seen a lay-midwife and nobody has any idea that baby is over 10lb

that is because Kendra is smart, her parents are smart and Joe will do whatever she wants when it comes to her having a baby. 

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I was bored last night and watched the last episode of CO. I haven't watched an entire episode since Jill's wedding, so here's my thoughts:

At marker 35.19 on the film, Michelle has a TH and she says that at 0400 when the call came in, Joy was dilated to 6CM. So are we to believe that a first time mom dilated to 6cm, with a breech, >10 lb baby? If so, that is amazing progress. If not, that means that the baby flipped- when? @ 6cm, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....AND no one realized such? Again, finding that real hard to believe with a >10 lb baby. This just makes zero sense at all. Crappy care, for sure.

In terms of J/A's birth plan: In an Austin TH, A. states that if needed, they'd just go to the nearest hospital. And just roll right into the ER, L/D and create immediate chaos? That was their plan??? 

So ignorant and entitled.

I wonder how that decision impacted the other laboring mothers in that unit??????

And additionally, Jill was there. Probably giving insanely bad advice.

4 minutes ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

And additionally, Jill was there. Probably giving insanely bad advice.

Yep, and...if Joy was indeed 6cm dilated at 0400 as Michelle stated, who else, besides Jill, was monitoring Joy from 0400 to 1PM when the baby was determined to be in the breech position, and Joy would need to go to the hospital, per Austin??? Who was in charge of Joy and the baby's care for those 9 hours? 

SO...they are either lying about the circumstances OR Joy and the baby were not being properly monitored during active labor.

Either way, it reflects horribly on all involved.

19 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Joy just presents as so limited. 

27 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

I sincerely hope that Jill, Derick, Joy and Austin ALL learned something from the successful deliveries of Kendra's and Jinger's babies under the care of actual professionals...and just as  importantly, the need for prenatal care from conception through delivery!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Someone on Reddit posted a bunch of screen shots from the episode of the conference center type house SiRen are living in, any FJ sleuths out there that can find this property on Zillow or something?

https://imgur.com/gallery/CtRJ1rF

Is that the house JB owns that has the pool in it?  The one that was in super bad shape?  It could also be the church that he bought as well.

I love exposed brick/stone in a house.

1 minute ago, SamiKatz said:

Is that the house JB owns that has the pool in it?  The one that was in super bad shape?  It could also be the church that he bought as well.

I love exposed brick/stone in a house.

No the one with the indoor pool used for a plot line that Jessa was house shopping, was actual house sized. 

Hmmmm does anyone have info on the property records for the church? 

The one with the indoor pool is on Smokehouse Trail.

Edited to remove the house number, even though it's public record. Someone may actually be living there now?

49 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

The one with the indoor pool is on Smokehouse Trail.

Per property records, it's owned by "DUGGAR JAMES R & MICHELLE A REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST". So it's definitely now a Duggar property, but isn't the one Josiah and Lauren may be living in.

According to the Washington County property tax records, there are 294 properties owned by people/entities that include the name "Duggar"! Some properties are not related to the Duggar clan, but the majority are. This includes the following, all with multiple properties, many registered to the TTH in some way:
- DUGGAR JAMES R & MICHELLE A REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST
- DUGGAR FARMS
- DUGGAR DEANNA L DUGGAR MARY L, 
- DUGGAR JAMES DUGGAR JASON 
- DUGGAR AMY R OR
- DUGGAR AMY R OR DUGGAR-JORDAN DEANNA
- DUGGAR AVIATION LLC
- DUGGAR JANA MARIE
- DUGGAR JOHN
- DUGGAR JOSEPH G
- DUGGAR JOSHUA OR ANNA

And possibly more! Yeah, they're definitely deep into the property ownership thing.

Note: This is only for properties with "Duggar" in the name. Ben and Jessa also own several tax-defined properties, though Jessa's only on one of them. Austin owns several as well, though Joy's not listed on any. In contrast, Derick and Jill do not own any properties in Washington County. Nor do Josiah and Lauren, yet at least.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived