IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Si looked as if the fun went out him years ago. It's sad in a way to compare him back then to now. Sure, people change as they get older, but it seems he can't crack much of a genuine smile.

On 9/9/2018 at 11:54 PM, marmalade said:

Two different houses. The circle house is "only" 5000 sf. The mansion SiRen are occupying is almost double that.

I'm 99% sure it's the same house. If you include the basement the circle house has 10,186 sf (first floor 4,821 and basement 5,365) and the exterior pictures really look the same to me. 

This is the screenshot from the episode (from the imgur link several pages back)

Spoiler

945549539_josiahscreenshot.thumb.jpg.fda6a483fe3de78232517f3668b057ba.jpg

This is the circle house from the zillow listing.

Spoiler

609380067_circlehousescreenshot1.thumb.jpg.e393f147fab264742292c6fd492202d3.jpg

1927265002_circlehousescreenshot2.thumb.jpg.e66aef7553a574e021ef893e49a57b00.jpg

13 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Why, for Rufus' sake, did they use old footage for this episode ?   Jinger was what, 20 weeks pregnant?    Kendra was still pregnant too.   

It's so dumb of TLC to play with the timelines like they do.   Either do it chronologically or don't do it.    Makes me feel like I'm in a freakin' time machine where someone spins a dial and you have to figure out what time period you're in.  

It’s not that the footage in this episode was old, it’s that they frequently jump forward to show the more interesting events in separate “Counting Now” updates. So we’ve already seen Garrett and Felicity’s births, but in the timeline of the show they haven’t been born yet. I hope they can get caught up this season and start the next season soon enough to be closer to real time. The potential problem there is that some episodes will be packed and others will have very little happening (like in reality).

On 9/11/2018 at 11:44 AM, nickelodeon said:

It seemed like they were downplaying the J'slavery that went into caring for other newborns (Jessa and Ben talked about how they split up the labor during the first days after bringing baby home, but FJ will remember that Jana stayed with them and took care of the baby at night) so maybe they also omitted those details in the Joystin segment. Especially if Jill was the one to step up, since she's been voted off the TLC island.

I could see the downplaying if it was the recently banished Jill, but it seems so weird otherwise. They don’t need to focus on it, but why not a quick - “ it was a God -send the night Jana stayed and we could SLEEP!” Or “ Hannie was so helpful, she came over and did a load of laundry” . That’s a normal, relatable thing.

On 9/11/2018 at 1:32 PM, Iamtheway said:

think marriage would be even harder if you went in to it thinking it would be amazing all the time and that you will always be crazy in love and everything will be lovehearts and rainbows. 

Some people are just incredibly naive and idealistic. One of my medical school classmates, a very smart woman,  dropped out after the first year. She said she was expecting every day to be an enchanting, magical experience and it wasn’t!!! This after all that pre-med work and an arduous screening process. And of course, with marriage,  we carry all those unrealistic cultural romantic expectations.  After 18 years, I am still sort of shocked when my husband doesn't keep sweet!

I think Siah's problems are stemming from being forced to marry someone, sooner rather than later. I also think he wanted to be with Marjorie but wasn't allowed to, along with not being allowed to go to school, or have an independent thought.

I think Josiah, Josh & Jill are resigned to their lives,  Jill is over compensating for everything, her and Derrick & Josh & Anna made a HUGE mistake and they all know it. Then there is Si, he can't even fake it, and I don't think he wants to. I'm not entirely sure Lauren is all that thrilled with her choice either, but figured she might as well at least now she can go out unsupervised, I won't be surprised if we don't hear a baby announcement from them for at least a year, maybe longer they are 18 and 22, they could easily wait 10 years and still have 15 fertile years head of them.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:29 PM, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

I agree that is why the Duggars didn’t think twice about it,  but Kendra’s the oldest in her family, the only kid married and having the first grandchild - I just hope Her sister organised a shower on the Caldwell side and made her feel like having a first baby is a big deal and worthy she was worthy of being celebrated not just tacked on to a Duggar girls event.  ( I also think Tyler should have rated his own birthday party  - not just tacked onto Henry’s)

You could also say that you can't believe Joy had to share her baby shower, it was her 1st baby as well.  Jessa said Joy didn't want a baby shower, I'm thinking that Joy isn't fond of being the center of attention. It would go along way in explaining why she bailed so fast on her reception, aside from the whole wanting to bone thing.  She's so used to being part of a crowd that individual attention makes her uncomfortable, I'm the same way. I was fine during my wedding, but I like Joy had a large wedding party 6 bridesmaids 6 groomsmen, sharing the alter with me and hubby. I had a panic attack during the reception, I HATE being the center of attention,  especially in large crowds (we had over 200 people at the wedding of my mothers dreams). My 3 bridal showers and 3 baby showers (yes I had 3 of each :pb_rollseyes:) were only 15 to 20 people each so much more manageable for me.

And yes Poor Tyler should have had his own party, they need to not make the kid feel like an adopted kid if they are going to be his parents, they need to be his parents, of course they probably are, they neglect and ignore their own kids.

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So has anybody watched the episode already??? I want the dirty deets

I'll be posting the recap shortly

Lets keep counting on here!

YAWN

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived