IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

Camera crews/filming are like the least romantic things ever.  While the scene looks romantic to us, Lauren would have been looking the other way, where she would have been staring at cameras, a mess of strangers, lighting, sound, etc.  I watch a lot of Bravo, and every so often on social media, cast members will show shots from their perspective.  It can be crazy to see how much is actually involved with filming, and if you aren't used to  that, I can easily see it as being incredibly overwhelming.  Plus, this probably didn't happen in one take.  They absolutely have the cast repeat things or recreate things to get the shot.  

I'd give a flat response too if I got proposed to out in the middle of a field surrounded by filming chaos. At least for Jessa and Jinger's proposals, they were in a location where the hassle of cameras/filming could be somewhat masked or hidden.  Or at least distracted from.  They also are more used to them.  This was likely one of the first things Lauren filmed, it was essentially a film set, and I don't blame her for freezing up at all.  

I wouldn't feel comfortable crying on camera either.   

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, melon said:

I don't like how Kendra doesn't put her hair up or pull it back,when she's preparing food.No one wants hair in their food.

I've had long hair my entire adult life. The shortest has been between the bottom of my bra strap and waist and the longest was below my hips. It's pulled up and twisted on top of my head in the summer and down in the winter. I've cooked pretty much daily for all that time and have maybe pulled 3 hairs out of food in 35 years. 

When I worked food service I had my hair pulled into a pony tail, that was it and mostly just to keep it out of my face. 

Oh, and I shed like a German Shepherd blowing a winter coat. I picked hair off my steering wheel cover this morning.

18 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Oh, and I shed like a German Shepherd blowing a winter coat. I picked hair off my steering wheel cover this morning.

My driver's seat-back is always covered with long hair. I, too, shed like I'm molting a full head of hair every three days. And I have a LOT of hair.

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My driver's seat-back is always covered with long hair. I, too, shed like I'm molting a full head of hair every three days. And I have a LOT of hair.

Right now I have leather seats so not a lot stays on the seats. My husband gets a little frustrated that I can lose so much hair and still have a full head of hair. My hair is thin, but there's a helluva lot of it. When it's humid, I have what looks like one of those old spiral perms...no perm...just hair. Here in the desert, it's stick straight most of the time. It's a reliable barometer...once it gets up above about 30%, it starts curling. The only critter I know of that sheds more than me is our unbelievably thick coated short hair cat. Vet says she's part Maine Coon but got the short hair with a double coat. Big Stupid got the long hair and double coat but he doesn't shed NEARLY as much as Lil Sis. 

I have thick, dark hair that I wear in a bob, so it's rather hard to put up. I try to "finger comb" excess about before I start cooking, but on the rare occasion one of my hairs falls out on a food-related surface, I just remove it. I've never had anyone bring up "catching" one of my hairs in food.

This is probably gross: but it honestly doesn't gross me out much when I find hair in my own food, as long as it doesn't make it into my body. Don't know why. I think I just assume most food probably has particles of dead skin and stuff on it anyway- there's only so much I can stress about it.

Yeah, I'm not gonna eat something if I find a hair in it - speaking of restaurants. At home, it's one thing - especially since I know my and my husband's hair is clean. 

Now cat hair? I've heard it called a condiment. lol

I had a friend at one point in time and a group of us went for dinner at a restaurant .  She found a hair in her meal and the restaurant was super apologetic and comped all of our meals.  A few months later I was having lunch with her at a different restaurant and the same thing happened, she found a hair in her meal.  She called over the waiter who took her dish back to the kitchen, and the restaurant manager came out and told us that not only did the three men in the kitchen all have on hair nets, they were all bald/had shaved heads as well!  I strongly suspected my friend was actually scamming the restaurant for a free meal and a few weeks later, I was mentioning the incident to a mutual friend, who told me the same thing had happened with her and friend A a few times as well.  Very suspicious, and I ended my friendship with this person shortly thereafter.

I do have a bit of hair thing though, I don't like it when people's hair touches me, like long hair brushing against me on transit, in a store, anything like that.  One of my idiosyncrasies, I guess

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Vet says she's part Maine Coon but got the short hair with a double coat.

Oh man! I’ve had cats my entire life, but one of my guys now, he sheds like nothing I’ve ever seen before. He’s short haired, and I was constantly perplexed... Yeah,  I JUST learned of the double coat and the shedding madness it entails. 

1 minute ago, PigtailHeadband said:

Oh man! I’ve had cats my entire life, but one of my guys now, he sheds like nothing I’d ever seen before. He’s short haired, and I was constantly perplexed... Yeah,  I JUST learned of the double coat and the shedding madness it entails. 

Get these gloves! We have them and our two cats LOVE to be "brushed" with them. And it has cut WAY down on the amount of cat hair floating around in this house (even in the the corners of all the steps in our staircases...). lol

https://www.walmart.com/ip/True-Glove-DeShedding-Touch-Glove-for-Gentle-and-Efficient-Pet-Grooming/130085065?

I have long hair and I always put it back (not necessarily up) when I cook.

I'm not all that bothered by hair in my food either. I just pick it out and it's not that big of a deal. I actually think cat hair in food would be worse than human hair, particularly since cat allergies are so common.

5 minutes ago, PigtailHeadband said:

Oh man! I’ve had cats my entire life, but one of my guys now, he sheds like nothing I’ve ever seen before. He’s short haired, and I was constantly perplexed... Yeah,  I JUST learned of the double coat and the shedding madness it entails. 

The dynamic duo cover EVERYTHING with cat hair...another reason they're banned from our bedroom. They don't really like being brushed so I'm going to have to get one of those gloves that @SapphireSlytherin mentioned. Surprisingly enough, we've not had much trouble with hairballs. 

And...I just told my male cat to "stop playing with it" as he assiduously licked his ass...I need help! 

@SapphireSlytherin I’ve been looking at these!! I was unsure if they would work on his thick coat, but know he would loooove the “pet” grooming. Awesome to have a real recommendation!

@feministxtian same problem but I don’t have the heart to kick them Out of the bedroom. Luckily my apartment has a full sized washer/dryer for my bed spread 

@PigtailHeadband they got booted out of our bedroom after Big Stupid divebombed Mr. Xtian in the middle of the night. Big Stupid jumped from the top of Mr. Xtian's dresser (about 6' up) onto his back...claws out...at 3am. No more kitties in the bedroom. They've adjusted. Lil Sis is crashed out on the back of the couch and Big Stupid is at the top of the cat tree...snoring. 

And yes, they've figured out how to get to the plant shelf in the living room. Well, Big Stupid has. Not sure about Lil Sis. 

DH is currently "gloving" Max, and Max is purring so loudly I can hear him across the dining room. We got ours from Amazon, and with Prime shipping, they were cheaper than the ones from WallyWorld. :)

BTW, we have to HIDE the gloves from the cats, or they go bonkers the minute they see them.

While I am a bit disgusted when I find hair in my food - I really don’t bother when it’s my own hair (as long as it doesn’t find its way in my mouth). I do not tie my hair together every time I cook at home. 

A restaurant or cooking for others is different and with my hair length it is more comfortable to have a ponytail otherwise they are always in the way but I don’t see the problem when someone cooks her own dinner with open hair??????

I'm watching this in an insomnia bid. i've just rewatched Jinger casually toss pizza from the box onto a plate she wasn't holding on repeat. I don't know why, but I'm weirdly impressed by it.

I will be traveling next monday, and (of course) there is a new episode for Duggar Day AKA Labor day.  Who's going to bite the bullet and do the recap? 

Has anyone else seen this clip?  It looks like Lauren and her sister both an associate's degree and some of the Duggar kids aren't opposed to higher education.  Obviously, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, but it was still fairly interesting to watch.

I'm in love with the fact that Lauren's little sister wants to be a speech path! SLPs do such important work, on the developmental level, but also rehabilitative therapy and cognitive learning for adults. Even if she doesn't go all the way to a Master's, SLP assistants are important too and she has plenty of time to pursue the Bachelor's in speech path/communication disorders to get there. 

I thought it was funny how Lauren attempted to defer when the producer asked if Josiah was the reason she quit school. It's true, she may not like school and that may be her reason for not pursuing a BSN....but that totally doesn't correlate with her wanting to be a practicing nurse. Which she didn't say, anyways....she stuttered a "I don't see myself becoming a nurse anymore".....*i wonder why*. With her pre-nursing associate's degree she could easily pursue an RN or LVN license....if she didn't, you know, have a fundie husband.

Joy said that several of them have “done Bible college” and that she’s, “doing Bible college right now.” I’m surprised we haven’t heard about this before. It seems like something the Duggars would advertise to show how they can be super godly yet relatable because Duggars go to college too, y’all!

Kendra said they plan to homeschool their kids and wouldn’t be opposed to them going to college if they wanted. I noticed they didn’t ask and  Jinger &  Jeremy didn’t volunteer their educational plans for their kid(s). I also found it sad that when they were talking to one of Lauren & Lily’s former teachers Josiah mentioned how the structure of college might have been good for him. I’m sure structure was/is lacking at the SOTDRT.

I was impressed by Lauren’s sister Lily’s aspirations to earn her Master’s in speech pathology and by the fact that she began working on her associate’s degree at the age of 13. I wonder if she went because Lauren wanted to go and needed an accountability partner. Even if that’s where it started, she obviously enjoyed higher education and wants to continue on that path. 

3 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I thought it was funny how Lauren attempted to defer when the producer asked if Josiah was the reason she quit school. It's true, she may not like school and that may be her reason for not pursuing a BSN....but that totally doesn't correlate with her wanting to be a practicing nurse. Which she didn't say, anyways....she stuttered a "I don't see myself becoming a nurse anymore".....*i wonder why*. With her pre-nursing associate's degree she could easily pursue an RN or LVN license....if she didn't, you know, have a fundie husband.

I really got the impression that Lauren didn't like school, probably didn't really like the nursing program, and doesn't want to be a nurse or work outside the home. I think she knows exactly what she wants, which is to be a stay-at-home wife and mother. And that's 100% fine and legitimate so long as it's financially feasible for her family. So if they can make it work on one income, more power to her. 

33 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I really got the impression that Lauren didn't like school, probably didn't really like the nursing program, and doesn't want to be a nurse or work outside the home. I think she knows exactly what she wants, which is to be a stay-at-home wife and mother. And that's 100% fine and legitimate so long as it's financially feasible for her family. So if they can make it work on one income, more power to her. 

I agree, especially since she’s mentioned not being a quick learner, she might be happy where she is at thus will be pregnant soon if it’s given to them. I adore Lily though! She is absolutely thrilled about studying and starting at 13 she must be very bright. 

38 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Joy said that several of them have “done Bible college” and that she’s, “doing Bible college right now.” I’m surprised we haven’t heard about this before. It seems like something the Duggars would advertise to show how they can be super godly yet relatable because Duggars go to college too, y’all!

I'm going to hell.  All I heard was "Duggars DO college" and I was done, and wanted to puke.  We have seen Bin "doing" college.  The whole thing is ridiculous.

I am so not impressed with Lauren.  Its too bad that she wont have a chance to be properly educated and make a future for herself because she's busy being "grateful" for Josiah and her servitude.  She really doesnt strike me as the brightest bulb on the christmas tree.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I really liked that the two sisters seemed perfectly comfortable with one of them being more academic than the other. And Lauren being perfectly fine saying she didn’t enjoy college because it took her longer to learn things - if she earned her associates in Nursing by 18 - ( in my area that’s what leads directly to the RN ) - she has impressive dedication, even if she didn’t like it.

College

Joe went to Crown, but it was never shown. They could all be enrolled in online school--I work for a school with a huge online enrollment and it isn't all just a rubber stamp or "buy a degree" by any means. I imagine more WILL go on with education as they get older and develop the interests they were denied a chance to explore as teenagers.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived