IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

19 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I know that everyone's different, but I would NOT be able to relax if I gave birth at home. What if something goes wrong, oh my god I'm shitting and bleeding all over my linens, the shit and blood is going to get into the carpet, oh god oh god I'm going to die and then no one will wash the sheets or steam clean the carpet...

While I wouldn’t give birth at home either - be assured that your (real) midwife would take care of that just as in a hospital. 

I wonder what really stops the girls from going to hospital. Those homebirths by Jill and Jessa (apart from Henry) wouldn’t make me consider one in the least. I would be terrified and couldn’t relax at all. It will be interesting to see if Jinger and Kendra‘s experiences are going to be a game changer. Was Baby Duke Swanson born in hospital? I assumed it because they traveled back to stay under her doctor’s care. If so I see Lauren having a hospital birth too.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

No, she did dual enrollment which got her a high school diploma and an AA (with a bent toward nursing?). 

The degree is Pre-Nursing.

Even in the fundie community it is unusual to have home births. Most of them go to birthing centers or hospitals now.

I liked that Alyssa Bates gave birth in a birthing center and allowed no cameras at all. I am sick of all the filmed births on these shows. Yawn.

A birth-day and a birthday

Title card followed by country scenes and a tractor in a field.

Kendra arrives at Jessa and Ben’s house

She hugs Jinger and very pregnant and tired looking Joy

Jessa is having the three pregnant girls over for brunch followed by a trip to the big house for a birthday party for Tyler and Henry

Jessa pulls a pie(maybe a breakfast pie?)  out of the oven

The pictures we saw earlier this year of all three of the girls standing side by side in typical pregnant poses flashes on the screen

Jessa TH - Jinger is 4 months pregnant, Kendra is 5 months along, and Joy could give birth anyday now

Joy groans audible as she moves and Kendra ask her if she is hanging in there and Joy says “yeah” unconvincingly.

Jinger TH- I have been able to see different people in the family every couple of months I am thankful I get to see them so often

They all talk about how they have names picked out but they arent going to tell anyone.

Joy has two girl names picked out and there is only one boy name her and Austin agree on, but she doesnt really like it now. Kendra giggles annoyingly and teases Joy that she probably on has boy names picked out because she really thinks she is having a boy.

Joy TH- RIght now I am just excited that we will get to meet the baby soon but she isny ready for it to arrive just yet

Kendra - it such a big deal because your naming your baby she wants it to be perfect.

Joy and Austin TH- Joy: we arent telling any boy the names we have picked out because we dont want their opinion, who needs their opinion

Austin: Wellll we need to say it nicer then that, we will introduce our child to them

Back to Jessa’s house, Jess and Kendra joke about the baby moving, Joe hasnt felt it yet, Jess jokes about it being indegestion

Jessa says it so special for all these girls to get to walk through pregnancy together and she remembers getting to have a support network.

Jinger TH- Jessa is great mentor and gives advice since she paved the way first (damn JIll your advice is worthless hahaha)

They all talk about feeling the babies move more

Jinger TH- at this point in my pregnancy I am just feeling good and pregnant, and tired.

Kendra TH- I am 6 months along, I am still dealing with sickness, I have good days and bad days

Jessa talks about wondering if Kendra is going to have a caldwell sized baby (small) or a duggs size baby, and tells Jing that Jer is tall so that means big baby possibly. Jinger says “ I know he is so tall”

Jessa says only the size of the head matters not the weight and that duggar babies just grow big and she doesnt know why and the duggar head is so big

Producer asks random boys what a “duggar head is”

JD TH: Youre looking at one (HAHA)

Random boys TH: try to describe the shape using hand motions and noises ???

Kendra & Joe TH: A heard that the duggar head means big headed babies, I can hear the wind passing through Joe’s brain as he stares at kendra, she hopes it wont cause trouble during delivery

Back to Jessa’s house, she asks if anyone has aversions and that she should of asked before, Joy says Kendra doesnt like spinach 

Kendra- I am trying to avoid fried foods and tater tots, they dont sit well, I am trying to eat healthier foods.

They talk about their birth plans at Jessa’s kitchen table, Joy says “of course were doing a home birth” kind of fucking smugly especially since she probably knows kendra’s hospital plans, she also says she is going to call the midwife then “momma, Jana, and Jill (fucking side eye), also momma forsyth and austins sister, she said Jess might stop by and Jing is invited too (no invitation to Kendra who is grinning awkwardly)

Jinger comments on how Joy is basically having a party and looks anxious at the thought

Joy says she might kick everyone out who knows

Jessa had no clue was around because she didnt open her eyes for 24 hours

Joy TH - Our plan right now is home birth but if we need to go to the hospital we are

Kendra talks about going to the hospital and she isnt about big crowds (way to throw some shade back at home birth queen Ken)  so it will be mom and Joe

Jingers  plan is to go to a birth center with just a midwife, jeremy, mom, and Jana

Jinger TH - when I found out I was expecting I started researching birth centers right away

Jessa TH - talks about all the different birth plans and how a birth center is kind of a happy medium between home birth and hospital births and they have some comforts of home while still being affiliated with a hospital 

Joy asks if the hubby’s are ready for birth, they talk about it being uncharted territory for them and how the boys are nervous

Producer to Jeremey TH: “Are you nervous about Jingers labor??”

Jer TH- nerves havent set in for me yet but I just want jinger to be safe

Jinger jokes with the girls about Jeremy saying he is the one who is going to need medical intervention (of course because Jeremy is all about jeremy)

Jinger th- its reassuring to talk about pregnancy with Joy and Kendra, I have alot of emotions now that I am pregnant and “I will be like why am I crying, this is pathetic, I have no connection to what I am crying about”
They all thank Jessa for the brunch and they all say its nice to catch up. Jessa then breaks the fourth wall while sitting at her table and says she is not pregnant just in case anyone was wondering, even though she ate alot of quiche. They all laugh

Jessa TH-  Its great to have this slow morning with the sisters and that this afternoon with the birthday party is going to be crazy

The same picture of Ken, Joy and Jing, appears on the screen

Commercial

Coming Up:

Henry feeling questionable about cake, chaotic birthday party and later, Joys labor and emotional Austin

I have 7 adds on this one commercial break, damn

Part 2

Establishing shots and the big house

Jessa and Jordyn are fixing a construction themed table cloth, there are orange, yellow, and black balloons

Jessa: today we are celebrating Henry’s first birthday, Tyler and henry share a birthdya month so were having a big birthday bash

Moochelle appears with hair so geled or hair sprayed it looks wet- Tyler is my great nephew and he is apart of our family for now and we love him so much, he is such a sweet boy and we are thankful to have him

Pictures of Tyler flash on the screen

Jessa hangs pictures of Tyler and various howlers on a banner

Laura and Tyler are in the kitchen, and Laura is explaining to him how to make buck-eyes. Its important to see peanut butter under the chocolate thats why its called a buck eye

We learn that buckeyes look like a plant that grows in Ohio and is an Ohio speciality

Laura tells Ty that his grandma and his Aunt Michelle are from Ohio so its tradition (????)

She also tells him that people from Ohio are called buckeyes

Spoiler

99a5daea254905d35f34753fce83df31.thumb.jpg.ebf89e8e1ea54bac4b84d78c2bcce400.jpg

(why is this scene relevant to the show in anyway, not a single Duggar offspring is in this shot, they couldnt have swapped Jana for Laura???)

The next shot opens with a stop sign that reads “STOP Tyler’s BIRTHDAY PARTY” alongside a matching Henry sign, with a stop light made of green, red, and yellow paper plates. (How is a stop light construction related? Who knows?)

Jeremy TH- The first time I went to a Duggar party I was zeroed in on the food

*Shots of the spread* the size isnt overwhelming, you get used to it

Jinger TH - The weather in Laredo is 89 degrees and sunny, the weather here is 29 degrees and freezing rain, I am surprised anyone showed up on this icy day

They blow up a giant bouncy house in the living room because of the weather Jessa says it was supposed to be in the yard but the rental company brought something to fit inside the house, it made the event even nosier

Ben points out the obvious that there are kids bouncing behind him in bouncy houses in this shot and they are trying to keep people to from hanging off the rafters literally.

*Shows a young kid literally hanging from the rafters above the bouncy house*

Ben says the adults have to talk above the noisy kids (full of nuance that Ben)

Jessa TH- Its just crazy, this one goes on the record

Michelle over an intercom system or some sort of speaker warns the kids about hangin on the rafters

Joe & Kendra TH - Its a lot of noise and kids, Kendra makes a joke about it being a deconstruction of the whole house instead of construction party and then laughs at her own joke

An insane time lapse of what seems like 50 kids jumping in the bounce house plays

Jim bob on a mic thanks people for coming to the birthday party

Michelle tells Ty how thankful they are for him and his gentle heart and for sweet little henry

Ben TH- its crazy Henry is one, the time just flew by

Ben on the mic says Henry is full of energy and wakes up at 5 am and he wont go back to sleep

Jessa TH- Henry is a people person, he doesnt like to be left to play on his own, very different from Spurgeon, he needs you there with him

Ben on the mic jokes that Henry has just started walking so if you see him wandering please go get him or let them know (WTF, watch your child Ben)

Ben TH - he hasnt started talking yet but he is pretty close, wont be to long

Ben says Henry isnt going to remember this but we will

Jessa TH- first birthdays are a big milestone, uts like we made it woohoo, then you get your friends together, its not really about the kid its kind of for the parents

The hand Henry a small smash cake with a number 1 candle and he looks at it very suspiciously

Spoiler

8c74794465eabd961516a2cb6fb5d4c5.thumb.png.0e07b130635d32151b2a316294c09803.png

Flashback to Spurg’s first birthday

Jessa & Ben TH- he didnt know what to think of the smash cake then and that he has texture issues, also that one of the kids didnt realize this and smashed Spurgies hand into the cake and it made HIM THROW UP (WTF) they laugh

Flashback of him puking at the cake

Henry very suspiciously tries the cake, Jessa helps him taste it, he looks like he is also going to vomit, Jessa coos yuuummmyyy

Spoiler

67dfa2403c588a40b4048e45208c4206.thumb.jpg.e8b198f75af9893b51a2c5b7d35ce4e1.jpg

Jessa & Ben TH- he was more into than spurgeon, but it is a big mess, yeah its time for a bath

Henry flings frosting

Jessa TH - Henry had a great first birthday but he is ready for a nap

The producer asks if Jessa is ready for a nap and she say yes

COMMERCIAL

Coming up:

Some 9,000 sqft house Jimboob is renovating and asking Lauren and Si to house sit until they sell it, Siah jokes about losing Lauren in the house ( I hate how Josiah says LAHren)

Damn, I am only half way through, how does Buzzard do this??????

Part 3:

Nature scenes

Siren and chaperon walk down the drive way to a house the title card is labeling the “Baylor House” SI jokes that the house is rather large, Lauren fake laughs

Siren TH - Si: I just went to Georgia to propose, so were enagaged, I think I surprised her

Lauren: Very shocked (Cant tell if this is sarcasm)

Flashback of Siren’s underwhelming hay bail proposal in sepia tones

Lauren: I had no idea that Josiah was going to ask me to marry him, I thought it was a joke (???)

Siah: i felt so excited when I heard Yes

They come upon a wild Jim Bob in his natural habitat of pretending to be doing something

Greetings are exchanged, they double side hug him hahaha

JB TH- We bought this house about 3 years ago its 9,000 square feet (holy shit) and sits on 5 acres of land

He tells them he plans on letting them “house sit” after the wedding. Lauren looks around at all the construction and says its going to be a “tight spot” I cant tell if she is joking about the size or the construction and neither can jim bob because he replies “yeah were going to have to hurry and try to get it all done before the wedding”

They all awkwardly laugh

The camera pans around and shows different rooms of the house, its HUGE

Siah TH- thankfully my dad is going to be filling full of furniture to stage it, but there is honestly so many rooms

JB talks about the lay out and says let me show you the master bedroom

Siren TH- Si: I think i may live here for a little while and then spend the rest of the year trying to find her in the house, I am going to lose her in here

Lauren giggles

JB shows them the master bedroom and says its so big you could set up 3 ping pong tables in it (which is such an odd space comparison)

Lauren says its like a living room, JB says its bigger than most people's living rooms.

JB says there is a nice view, Siah says “there is a nice view of you too” (does he mean the TTH? Or is this a joke)

Lauren TH- the disadvantage of staying in house this big is we could get spoiled, because when we move to another house its going to feel absolutely tiny

JB laughs and tells them not to get used to this and Lauren says all she can think about is the cleaning

Oh god here we go with another round of this

Producer: Who do you think is neater, Josiah or Lauren?

Austin: Lauren

Ben: Josiah

Joy: I dont know Lauren, so I am going to say Josiah, I dont know if she is that neat at home

Jessa: Lauren for sure, I shouldnt say for sure, so Lauren

Siren: Lauren- Neither of us are very neat Si: I aspire to be neat

Lauren: he thinks he is neat but I actually clean up after him

Back at the Baylor house, JB shows them the ELEVATOR in the house and says most houses dont have one of these (YOU DONT SAY JB YOU DONT SAY)

Jessa TH- if josiah and lauren have a kid in that house they are going to be putting up a lot of baby gates, that thing is massive

More shots of this enormous house

JB asks if they are up for it, and siah says its going to be a lot to keep up with and dust and then looks at Lauren

Jessa TH - Moving out of a house with a bunch of people into their own place its going to be that strange quiet, oh wait its Josiah it wont be quiet

Joy and Austins House

Henry pulls towels out of drawer, joy asks him what he is doing, Michelle wearing an apron says he is playing with Aunt Joys towels

JoyTH- I have a couple of days until the baby is here and I cant wait

Jessa, Jana, Mrs. Forsyth, Michelle, and Joy are making freezer meals, this is the exact same footage from either an eariler episode or like one of those mini videos they put out, like exact footage.

They are making italian and mexican food because they are Austin’s favorites

Joy TH- I wanted to do a home birth before I was pregnant, its just relaxing

They all talk about baby weight and pregnancy weight, Moo guesses 8 lbs for the baby

Joy is uncomfortable and is ready to see the baby

They talk about the closest hospital being plan B

Producer: Are you worried about the labor?

Austin TH- You always have those worries in the back of your mind, like what if this doesnt go right, but I am not afraid

Mrs. forsyth think his EMT training will help him be calm

Joy TH - Austin has been making plans for the delivery, I think it goes back to his EMT training, there are going to be somethings that are harder for him since he isnt going to be in control

He is going to be calm I know

Producer: What advice do you have for joy going into labor?

Jessa TH - Have endurance, youre going to feel like giving up but thats not an option just hang in there and dont get discouraged

Austin TH- As it gets closer were trying to get every detail, but its hard because we have never done it

Joy TH- I am just trying to prepare, i am somewhat nervous, trying to not to be scared, there is going to be pain and emotions, but austin will support me

Coming up: Joys Labor, Crying Austing, dramatic Jim Bob

Commercial 

That’s a BIG house. That’s over 800 square meters. Our house is 100. It’s not big but it’s plenty of space for our little family of three. 

He’s right. They will lose eachother. 

Part 4

I am slowly slipping into madness trying to decide what is too much detail and what can be left out :))))

Night shots, Joys Due Date 7pm

Grainy home footage of Joy breathing heavily

Joy TH- I went into labor at 7pm on my due date, I think I expected I was going to go late since my sisters were late, so I was not expecting to go

Duggar home 4 am (I am now realizing this is just the birth special tacked on to the end of this episode)

Meech in a car- Were on our way to Austin and Joys house because Joy is in labor (you dont say Michelle, I thought 4 am was a normal time to visit) I hear that she is progressing

Joy is at a 6, so Jana, Mom (yes she refers to herself in third person here) and Johannah are on the way

Back at J&A’s house, Austin holds and ice pack to Joys head, some blonde lady with glasses uses a dopplar on her

Austin TH- I am just trying to be there for her, wether thats getting water or just holding her hand, try to encourage her, be the rock

People sit around the kitchen, Meech says 5;53 am as she shows the microwave clock as proof I guess

Austin holds joy and she breathes heavily

J&A TH - Joy: I had been preparing myself until that last moment where I was like wait a second I am in labor, it really like set in, Austin was really good he was like Joy I know you can do this youre a strong woman and encouraged me a lot, because I cant really give up at that point because the baby is in me and it has to get out some way (this makes less and less sense as I type it out) so um, but he was really encouraging

Joy labors on the bed

Duggar home 11:00am

Henry crawls on the floor yellng

JB: Hey guys at 4 o’clock this morning Joy went into labor and so Mom got up and got Jana and hannie and went over there

Jed and Jer TH- The mood in the Duggar house when someone is having a baby, well were trying to go about our day but anytime the phone rings we hop to it (???)

LIke an announcement was going to be made

JB leads everyone in prayer and talks about babies having babies

They pray for a natural delivery.

Back at Joy and Austin’s

Jill pretends to be a midwife and rambles on about vitals and encouragement while Joy moans in pain

Hannie looks disinterested in various shots

Austin tells joy to “moan it out, or breath it out”

Joy lays on the bed in obvious pain, with at least 6 people around here

Austin th- It was kind of hard to see, like I have been an EMT for 4 years, and seen people die (casually said), but seeing my wife in pain *tears well up* that was probably the hardest

*looks down to cry* this is actually pretty sweet and vulnerable

Joy tells Austin it hurts, Michelle replies and tells her to breathe. Joy then asks Megan to help her breathe.

More labor and blowing raspberries with her mouth while Meech coos

Duggar Home:

Jackson Cam, Jackson asks Kendra her gender guess, she guesses boy

Jackson thinks its going to be a girl

The producer asks J&K how they feel while Kendra sits on Joe’s lap

Kendra is excited, but she doesnt know how its going to go, but she cant wait to hear the details and get tips

Joe says that Joy is paving the way for them??????

More howlers talk while JB gets coffee and gets a text about Joy heading to the hospital, dramatic music plays

Joe TH- I was worried about Joy, I wasnt sure what the story was behind the hospital

JB asks for prayers

Kendra TH- I was just praying for her to have the grace to get through that time

JB says hes gotta go

Coming up: the hospital and c-section

36 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Night shots

Sure, I see this part and think of alcoholic shots....guess I forgot who I was reading about. Or I thought you needed something to help you get through the rest of the episode.  Rufus bless you for doing this, I sure couldn't sit through it. Well, maybe if I had enough shots (let's see lemon drop, kamikaze....)

Part 5:

I am realizing its going to take people a longer time to read my recap then to watch the show since I dont want to leave anything out hahah

Hospital

Joy TH- After about 19 hours of labor the midwife realized the baby was breech, when they save a baby is breech its sitting up in your belly

Austin TH- When the midwife told us it was time to go to the hospital I was kind of discouraged because she had labored for some long and we were really hoping for a home birth, but at the same time Joy was tired and I was just ready to do whatever it takes to get the baby here

Joy on a hospital bed says, love you guys thank you for your prayers

J&A TH- Joy: before I went into labor having a c-section was my greatest fear, i was scared of it, i didnt want t have it

Flash to a recording of Austin prepping for the OR room with a surgical net over his baseball cap, he sniffs and wipes away a tear, his eyes are pink

Meechelle narrates that Joy is getting prepped right now

J&A TH- But by that point I was ready to do whatever it takes, i was exhausted, just ready to get the baby here anyway possible

Dramatic shot of a long hospital hallway

Joy TH- The c-section went realy well, the wheeled me into the room and Austin came in after me and then a minute later the baby had arrived, it was really fast, and everything went ok

Pictures of new born naked gideon screaming and Joy holding him

J &A TH- Joy: Meeting the baby for the first time was incredible, Austin was standing right there and they told him to look and tell me what the baby was, he said “its a boy” and both Austin adn I were just crying, it was such a sweet moment

Spoiler

91a37c095ac2845b471b77ca27225af8.png.de84baa174d8451d302efddc67f9febe.png

More pics of Giddy

(So glad they cut the scene of JB dramatically running towards the car in a different colored shirt, HI TLC)

6 minutes left, praise rufus

Duggar Home 3:45 pm

The phone rings

JB calls john and says J&A’s baby has arrived, John replies with an unenthusiastic “wow”

JB asks for Jenni because she gets to know the gender before anyone else

Jenni also looks incredibly unenthused also

Spoiler

d5f7310f8438e6a11e9282f961b7402f.png.65e0921b4fbd5e361d53b2b697508bc7.png

Jenni explains she is joys buddy which is why she gets to know

Joe TH- Some of my siblings bought confetti canons with blue or pink confetti to revel the gender of the baby

John stands armed with said canon while Jenni is on the phone, they count down and John explodes the canon revealing blue confetti, Duggarlings cheer

Kendra TH- I was thinking she was having a boy, but it was still exciting to celebrate that moment of having another boy enter the family

Duggarlings play in confetti

Back at the hospital, Joy is wheeled into a room while Austin’s parents coo over Gideon in the hallway

Jim Boob then walks up and says “wow” like he is looking at the new Kia Sorento instead of his new grandson, and remarks that he looks just like Austin’s dad. Austin’s dad weirdly responds “I hope it looks like Austin?” Like JB was implying something???? WTH

Then the subtitles say

JILL: What do you think Austin? (who wants to put money down that JIll weasled her way into the OR room claiming to be Joy’s doula or midwife?)

Austin replies that its pretty amazing, God is good

Next Joy holds him in bed while JB takes iPhone pics like the proud stage mom he is, and everyone remarks on how huge he is

Someone asks if he has a name, and Joy says to call him baby for now

Joy TH- It is so amazing getting to meet our baby for the first time, I mean I just cry

JB asks who he looks like while Meech holds him, Joy says he has a good mix and that he has Austins nostrils, everyone chuckles

Austin TH- I didnt actually get to hold him for probably an hour after he was born (this made me sad since Michelle is death grip holding him in every shot)

Producer: and when you finally did?

I cant describe how it was, you have to have your own to know what it is like

3 minutes left friends

J&A’s house

J & A TH- We didnt name the baby til 2 days after, his name is Gideon Martyn Forsyth

A caravan of cars pulls up, some of the older kids got to meet Gids already while Joy was in the hospital for a few days but today everyone else gets to me him

Joy says no one can touch until hands are washed and all the kids run to the sink

Jessa TH (can we just call this the Jessa & Friends show yet)- When I got to meet Gideon it was such a sweet moment, there is nothing like holding a newborn

Josie holds him, Siren hold him, Siah calls him neat and plump ?????

Austin says his head circumfrence was 15 inches and Meech says her biggest baby was 14.5 inches

Jessa TH- at 10 lbs 3 oz Gideon has been the biggest baby yet, half a pound larger than spurgie

JB asks for everyone to gather for a group shot (2 minutes, perserverance)

Very Pregnant Jinger TH- I love the name Gideon, its an excellent choice (how about your thoughts on the name Spurgeon?? Where are those TH’s??) especially for such a big strong boy

Everyone stands for a picture

J & A TH- Joy: being a family of 3 is definitely amazing

Austin: Its a lot of work for two of us

Joy: Yeah, it is a lot of work and responsibility

Austin: its more than you imagine

Joy: its definitely amazing, I cant imagine not having the baby around now

Next Time:

JB makes unfunny dad jokes, Kendra and Joy have a joint baby shower with Gideon in attendance, Austin: “someone came up with this obnoxious idea to feed us baby food” (THE SASS), Jinger and Jeremy go to the Laredo fair for a date night featuring some crotch shots of Jeremy riding a bull that are burned in my brain forever, and triple date to the thrift store for some manufactured shenanigans.

Spoiler

4b25ea509a2ea4cec67063c5ecd25c4f.thumb.jpg.654bfc64038abd982153a0192e2a5c34.jpg

@Buzzard I hope I made you proud, that last screen grab was for you

6 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Sure, I see this part and think of alcoholic shots....guess I forgot who I was reading about. Or I thought you needed something to help you get through the rest of the episode.  Rufus bless you for doing this, I sure couldn't sit through it. Well, maybe if I had enough shots (let's see lemon drop, kamikaze....)

Hahaha I should have said night time scenery establishing shots

3 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Joy has two girl names picked out and there is only one boy name her and Austin agree on, but she doesnt really like it now.

Wait, what? She and Austin only agree on one boy name, but she doesn't like it? Why would you agree to name your child (particularly your first child)  a name that you don't like? I didn't see the episode so I don't know how it comes off in person, but that makes me wonder about Austin and Joy's relationship if they "agree on" only one possible name that 1/2 of them doesn't even like. 

Maybe it's just me, but does that seem really weird to anyone else?  I can understand if one person is passionate about a name and the other person just thinks it's okay but is willing to give it a chance, but to not even like the name you agreed to is so bizarre. Then again, didn't Jessa do the same thing with Spurgeon? 

1 minute ago, BernRul said:

Wait, what? She and Austin only agree on one boy name, but she doesn't like it? Why would you agree to name your child (particularly your first child)  a name that you don't like? I didn't see the episode so I don't know how it comes off in person, but that makes me wonder about Austin and Joy's relationship if they "agree on" only one possible name that 1/2 of them doesn't even like. 

Maybe it's just me, but does that seem really weird to anyone else? 

No thats exactly how it came across...... 

1 minute ago, BernRul said:

Maybe it's just me, but does that seem really weird to anyone else? 

I thought she said she changed her mind? I wonder if the name was Gideon or not. seems like a lot of fundies letvthe man pick the first boys name. 

10 minutes ago, BernRul said:

Maybe it's just me, but does that seem really weird to anyone else?  I can understand if one person is passionate about a name and the other person just thinks it's okay but is willing to give it a chance, but to not even like the name you agreed to is so bizarre. Then again, didn't Jessa do the same thing with Spurgeon? 

but Joy and Jessa are two different people...Jessa doesn't really care sometimes if she doesn't please Ben  - she can stand up to him...whereas Austin is a bully imo 

when i watch the episode will let you know if it is different on screen opposed to print 

Thanks @BunnyBee great recaps. 

If anyone comes across a video of tonight's episode, please let me know. Yes, I'm ashamed to say I'm still without cable.

On 8/31/2018 at 2:41 AM, Shadoewolf said:

My friend just arrived in Antarctica for work, I'll have to ask her about penguin missionaries. 

Please do, and then let us know what she says

I also need a picture of kids hanging from the rafters...

y'all, i just gotta say this somewhere....i cannot even with this facial hair Austin is trying to do in these recent episodes' THs...

56 minutes ago, nst said:

but Joy and Jessa are two different people...Jessa doesn't really care sometimes if she doesn't please Ben  - she can stand up to him...whereas Austin is a bully imo 

That's the impression I have, too. I meant that this seems like the second time one of the girls agreed to a name she didn't like, for whatever reason. Maybe @Daisy0322's right and it is a fundie thing to let the father name the first son. 

7 minutes ago, BernRul said:

That's the impression I have, too. I meant that this seems like the second time one of the girls agreed to a name she didn't like, for whatever reason. Maybe @Daisy0322's right and it is a fundie thing to let the father name the first son. 

Even outside of fundidom men name the first son after themselves all the time and I doubt it would be the women's first choice. I picked out our sons name and my husband didn't love it but he was okay with it so I said he can pick the next boys name. I don't love that nsme either but it's good enough for me. Sometimes couples just make deals like that I think.

Im not sure if the crotch shot is defrauding me. I find the pic hysterical. 

47 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Even outside of fundidom men name the first son after themselves all the time and I doubt it would be the women's first choice. I picked out our sons name and my husband didn't love it but he was okay with it so I said he can pick the next boys name. I don't love that nsme either but it's good enough for me. Sometimes couples just make deals like that I think.

Oh yeah I get that people make deals and compromises for names that "aren't their first choice" or they don't "love," but according to the recap Joy said she didn't even like it. 

1 hour ago, BernRul said:

Well now I’m waiting for someone to name their son Batman.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived