IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

Yeah, as much as the Duggars do over-focus and obsess over babies and home being the end-all, be-all for women, I think that particular get-together with Jessa, Jinger, Joy, and Kendra was 100 percent staged for TLC and intended to be all about babies. 

When I was younger, I used to watch the show 16 and Pregnant sometimes, and basically every episode involves the pregnant girl having a conversation with her best friends covering a ton of stuff that she surely has already talked about with them already. Like, girl is six months pregnant and her best friends are asking her, "How did you react when you found out?" "Are you worried about money?" "Are his parents supportive?" all in one conversation.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/6/2018 at 5:44 PM, BunnyBee said:

Someone on Reddit posted a bunch of screen shots from the episode of the conference center type house SiRen are living in, any FJ sleuths out there that can find this property on Zillow or something?

The last time we talked about that we called it the circle house I think because of the circular patio. I can’t find the previous mentions on my phone but it was purchased by Duggar Properties 11/25/2014 and sold to Duggar Revocable Trust 10/3/16. It has 4 bedrooms & 4 baths and is located in Springdale.

Well happy people, it looks like I'm going to miss another recap tonight. Its Rosh Hashanah, and TLC hasnt posted the episode online.

@BunnyBee did such a good job last time, wanna try again?  Or does anyone else want to bite the bullet for the sake of your fellow FJers?

HUGS and Happy New Year to all those who celebrate!

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Well happy people, it looks like I'm going to miss another recap tonight. Its Rosh Hashanah, and TLC hasnt posted the episode online.

@BunnyBee did such a good job last time, wanna try again?  Or does anyone else want to bite the bullet for the sake of your fellow FJers?

HUGS and Happy New Year to all those who celebrate!

I can do it, if someone hasn't done it by tonight! :) 

I just watched tonight’s episode on the TLC app. Josiah and Lauren brought back memories of Smuggar and Anna with the hand sex. Speaking of Anna, she appeared on camera for a few seconds.

Spoiler

195278A2-B0BC-4F55-94D5-117545571767.thumb.png.535ef691b3090693c9f27948027961e8.png

Spoiler

70E728A8-EE9E-4C6A-88AB-83AA268CB94B.thumb.png.1a00a44b138625ee710d2845dac022dc.png

Spoiler

5D5101C5-EBFA-45B2-B5D3-00CD92AD8122.thumb.png.f66437280add56be23c7c2d548136d14.png

Spoiler

310849DE-4583-4EEA-B004-6172CE26C462.thumb.png.2c152d3e222896e685f5f5a3bc0bd01f.png

7 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

I just watched tonight’s episode on the TLC app. Josiah and Lauren brought back memories of Smuggar and Anna with the hand sex. Speaking of Anna, she appeared on camera for a few seconds.

Reveal hidden contents

195278A2-B0BC-4F55-94D5-117545571767.thumb.png.535ef691b3090693c9f27948027961e8.png

Reveal hidden contents

70E728A8-EE9E-4C6A-88AB-83AA268CB94B.thumb.png.1a00a44b138625ee710d2845dac022dc.png

Reveal hidden contents

5D5101C5-EBFA-45B2-B5D3-00CD92AD8122.thumb.png.f66437280add56be23c7c2d548136d14.png

Reveal hidden contents

310849DE-4583-4EEA-B004-6172CE26C462.thumb.png.2c152d3e222896e685f5f5a3bc0bd01f.png

It doesn't help that Josiah looks so much like Smuggar ?

I love Anna's outfit in that bottom pic though. Flow-y shirts and sleeves is probably my favorite fundie-friendly look.

has it been brought up that Josiah and Joseph both own properties in Benton county? Granted to them by Duggar Properties.... its vacant land but the tax billing is listed as JB and Mish....maybe I missed it....

4 hours ago, katertater said:

has it been brought up that Josiah and Joseph both own properties in Benton county? Granted to them by Duggar Properties.... its vacant land but the tax billing is listed as JB and Mish....maybe I missed it....

I was the one previously listing all of the Duggar clan property owners and I discovered Josiah and Joseph *didn't* own land in Washington county, but didn't check for them in Benton, so I don't think it has been mentioned. Good to know! 

I took a quick check to see just how close the Duggars are to the Washington/Benton County line. (They live in Washington County.) Tontitown is VERY close, so it makes a lot of sense for them to have property in both counties.

Maps of both counties plus the proximity of the TTH to the map in the spoiler. The top map is Benton County and the middle is Washington County. In the third map the section of land colored reddish pink is Benton County, the grayer section to the north is Washington County. The section to the West in both maps is Oklahoma.

Spoiler

1979895551_ARCounties-BentonCounty.thumb.PNG.d1a551231c73ecc56c3f4f11f42fe6e3.PNG

836211746_ARCounties-WashingtonCounty.thumb.PNG.6a4c7cefe19541a880f713ff5b0493f8.PNG

Proximity of Tontitown to county line.

1061079459_ARCounties-BentonandWashingtonCounties-Mapped.thumb.PNG.bad7f88950d6a5b84408555ee99bc425.PNG

Thrift Store Date

Whoo hoo! First Duggar Update of this new season, whatever season it is. Fair warning, I’m in bed, there’s a chance that I will get distracted by cute purring kitties, and I don’t really think any of this is going to be overly thrilling. I’ll try to be as detailed as possible. *Insert witty commentary here* But I don’t promise that the spelling will be great because I will be trying to do this quite quickly.

·         Ok…I’m watching the episode before thrift store date; does Lauren always talk. In completely. Random pauses. Like William Shatner?

·         Previously on…Boring On. Joy had the massive Gideon, they all prayed, he was a boy.

·         Tonight: Triple Thrift Store Date Night. Whatever the spouse chooses, you have to wear to dinner. Good jesus. Jinger and Jeremy go to the Laredo fair and the camera gets too up close and personal with Jeremy’s crotch. Joy and Kendra are having a joint baby shower/baby celebration. Austin thinks being fed baby food in obnoxious.

·         Joe and Kendra’s house. Jessa and Ben. Josiah and Lauren, and Kendra and Joe are going on a thirft store date night. Lauren has a bright yellow coat. They’re all in different seasons of life…haha no that’s not what they said. Ben and Jessa are not very creative when it comes to date nights. Ben says it looks like it’s going to be fun, his mouth says that, his face says his mouth is lying. They have a $20 budget and whatever their spouse picks out, they have to wear. Jeremy and Jinger are grossed out because they didn’t wash it before. Jeremy thinks Ben will have the least fun because he is a bit of a germaphobe. They’re not allowed to see what the other is buying and they won’t know until they get back in the house. They talk about clothing sizes and Jessa asks Ben his shoe size and then says “Don’t say my clothing size.” Joe has to think about Kendra’s stomach. Jessa would prefer it to be too big. Ben does not look thrilled. “This could either be good or really bad depending on what outfit I get.” Says Ben. Joe doesn’t care, Josiah can roll with it, but Ben…not so much. Jessa says that they are all going to have fun. Well…we shall see.

·         Joy and Austin’s house: Joy is looking in the fridge and Austin is asking about a basket. It’s been rough having Gideon and the c-section was hard to recover from than a natural birth, but she is getting up and around. Gideon likes bathtime. Joy says she has to wake Gideon up twice a night because otherwise he will sleep and not eat. Austin would lay awake and then get out of bed multiple times a night to check and make sure that Gideon was breathing. For the first week. He’s better now that he realizes that there will always be something. It’s both easier than harder than Joy thought. It gives her an appreciation for her Mom. Austin had never changed a diaper before, because of the c-section Joy was kinda bed ridden, so he had to do it. She changed maybe 5, he got broken into diaper boot camp. Congratulations, you’re a father. Did you expect her to do it all? Gideon is a very alert baby. He does seem to like his bath. Jessa and Ben talk about how tired they were after Spurgeon. Ben was on diaper duty and Jessa would feed him. Austin stepped up because Joy couldn’t really get up. Joy is praising him to the rafters for being a decent human being. I must give my brother an award for being nice enough to pick up shit for me when I couldn’t bend. No that’s family. Joy cannot imagine anymore kids but she can’t imagine how her mom did it. Birth control is your friend Joy. Austin thinks that people keep having babies because theyre so deprived of sleep that they don’t remember how bad it was. Well for you guys Austin it’s because sex is good. The rest of the world, because we want to procreate a couple of times.

50 Minutes and Counting Left!

·         Why is this show one hour and 2 minutes long? How has it only been 10 minutes already? 49 minutes! I’m still shocked that Joy was so grateful to Austin for being, a decent human being? Wouldn’t most decent men do that? Or do I live in some sort of bubble?

·         Thrift Store Time: No peeking says Jessa. Kendra is saying that they are on a thrift store date. Josiah is pointing out the grandma sweaters to Joe. Jessa has picked out a horrid floral green number.

·         Buy used, save the different…blah blah. Jessa thinks Ben understands her style. He is pointing out some of the worst things. Ben can have her step outside of her box stylistically. He says this quite seriously and Joe is laughing. Ben thinks Jessa knows his style because she has been dressing him all these years. Jessa found a cute grandpa cardigan. It’s what she wants him to wear when he is like 65. Ben has a denim dress that looks a tent. Well one of them does. Joe wasn’t confident in it. Joe agrees with me that it looks like wearing a bag. Josiah said that it looks like a rain coat.

·         It looks like something I wore in grade 2 or 3. Henry is falling asleep watching Jessa’s phone. Kendra is looking for blazers. Lauren is saying that she should shop in the kid’s section for Josiah. She wants to change his style. Josiah is trying to find something nice for Lauren. He’s not up on women’s fashion. He can’t figure it out. Oh yeah. Let me roll my eyes. The only thing that is truly hard is the sizes. Don’t get me started on that rant. Josiah is trying to get slippers and Ben is telling him that they don’t smell so great. Jed doesn’t think that it would go over well if he bought her something funky. Wait until he’s married.

·         Kendra is trying to find pants and they are too long. So she giggles and says that he can roll them up which makes Jessa and Lauren giggle. Joe says that Kendra likes to dress nice and he knows the issue of women’s clothing sizes and he doesn’t want to call his wife fat. So he’s trying to go with something more casual. Joe lieks simple and causal, so she’s going to try something new on him. They are going to buy a really big robe and pjs as a prank outfit. It’s Lauren’s prank outfit for Josiah. Since he’s the king of pranks.

·         Poor Ben. He really does like that jean dress, but no one else is going along with him. I do think he’s a tad clueless. Joe doesn’t want to offend Kendra because she’s pregnant and I think he fears making her cry. Henry is the cutest thing and it seems like he can sleep anywhere. This is the second time we have seen him asleep sitting up this season. Josiah, is really not sure. I hope that he doesn’t go with those slippers. The ladies are having too much fun. It seems like Jessa is going for dressing Ben as an old man, Lauren has a prank outfit, and Kendra is going to have Joe rolling his pants up.

Two Outfits: One Confused Josiah

·         I’m awake! I swear

·         Joe and Kendra’s house: I wonder how the guys did is Jessa’s question. They are wondering if they were naughty or nice. Henry is doing a bit of babbling. Joe and Kendra kiss. Ben looks excited. They all get in outfits for date night. Lauren is still talking a bit like William Shatner. What is with the dramatic pauses when she starts out? She’s pretty proud of the prank outfit.

·         Jessa is feeding Henry. They girls are giggling. Josiah is very confused. Ben is wearing  fedora and a cardigan with these interesting greenish pants. Joe has a sweater vest and dress pants and some sort of dress shirt. The sweater vest is yellow. Josiah is wearing a bathrobe with a green tshirt and pj pants.

·         Jessa hands Ben a cane to go along with it. Lauren hands Josiah the backup outfit. Kendra thinks that the outfit doesn’t look that bad. Joe might even look ok. He apologizes for looking ok. Josiah comes out in a peachy shirt, vest, dress pants, and a tie. Oh Ben is wearing a tie too.

·         Would you guys consider doing something like that? Joy and Austin are so sad that they missed it. They thought of it. They really wanted it. Now for the girls. Lauren looks good, Jessa has her jean dress on and leggings. Jessa said that she really liked it. I am not sure she was being serious. I think was sarcasm. Kendra is really comfy looking. Which is good because she is pregnant. Im trying to figure out if Lauren’s is a dress which is one pattern on top and one on the bottom. It’s like hexagons on top and then goes into stripes. Kendra is wearing a long sleeve teshirt with a maxi skirt and white sneakers. She looks comfy. I mean, I’d wear it. Kendra does sound a little bit uncomfortable because Joseph and the rest are all dressed up. Awww. Poor girl.

·         JinJer: Laredo Fair for a date night. Jeremy has never gone to a local fair. He has no facial hair and he looks like a whole different person. Jinger is talking about the smells of the livestock. She doesn’t seem overly excited because she’s 20 weeks pregnant. Thankfully she was past the morning sickness because she may have lost it. There’s a camel there. They go to a food truck and talk about Korean rice puff cereal because they’re worldly. It’s dragon something or other. Jinger just blew smoke out of her nose. And now Jeremy is blowing it. It tastes like really cold cereal with no milk. If there had been milk shew would have eaten it. Jeremy is really amused by the dragon smoke.

·         They see a mechanical bull and Jeremy is super excited to try it. Bull riding is something he has not done but he has to because he’s in Texas. The guy has it on the highest speed and Jinger says that she wants him to live. Do I pay if I survive or before? Before says the guy. Jana wouldn’t be for it. She would be afraid that someone would break their neck. Does Jeremy make it 8 seconds? Of course he does. He should not have wore those pants. I am wayyyyy too close to Jeremy’s crotch. NIKE! Jeremy says he fell off because he wasn’t wearing a hat. That is totally the reason.

·         Who would be the best bullrider? Justin, Jeremiah, Jackson, Austin says himself. He’s the only person in the family would get on an actual bull. Jeremy is going to eat some funnel cake. Definitely something to bring the kids to. “Ready to call it a day babe?” Oh of course.

·         They give some marriage advice in the next few minutes. Jessa is crying? Oh my the drama. How am I going to wait until the commercials are over?

Marriage Advice and some tears?

·         80s music as they walk in. It’s pretty funny. I must admit. The slow motion. None of the guys look that bad. They’re all fancy. Kendra and Jessa are going to wear theirs again. Lauren said that she would wear hers as well. None of them went crazy. “It was great to spend time with the young couples.” Errr Ben… I know you’re an old married man, 4 years on my 30th birthday, but you’re really not that old.

·         They’re asking Lauren about the wedding. She’s got the colours and the venue down pat. They’re not stressing out about it according to Lauren. 114 days until their wedding says Lauren. Jessa said it was more time than they had. Ben admits that you don’t always get to see the bad side of the other person. In their courtship, I guess they had clashing personalities for a while. It would take a while to settle in.

·         Austin: Marriage is probably not what you think it is. I can see why the divorce rate is so high. You get comfortale with each other and you begin to take each other for granted. You have to make a point to stay in love and grow in love with each other. In the engagement stage it’s easy to think about flowers and getting her flowers all day. After marriage it’s not as easy.

·         Joe: Always making the relationship with each other number one. Going on dates and communicating with each other all the time.

·         Once you figure out how people deal with stress and hurt says Jessa. Some people have to shut down when they deal with it. Jessa said that Ben would shut down and get quiet and Jessa would get quiet. She had to learn to calm down and give him a break. Ben had to learn not to clam up and give her the silent treatment. He did it once. He was upset and didn’t tell her qhy, it really hurt her feeling. I think that it did, she’s kinda teary eyed just thinking about it. Don’t communicate anger, take a little breather. Ben believes that when true love really gets tested, that when you’re disagreeing with the other person. When you have to work through those things.

·         Ben says that he thinks that they really like each other and that it will be a successful marriage. Jessa says that they are really excited for them.

·         Duggar Home: Jana is planning the joint baby shower for Kendra and Joy. Jana says that they will play games and show off Gideon. They’re expecting 100-200 people. Jana is trying to organize things with the help of Josie. Joy and Austin decide to wait and they wanted a shower or a sippancy after they had the baby. They both had boys said Kendra, they’re happy to be able to do the join thing. Jana says that everyone will be arriving around 2. Hopefully they will have it all done.

·         There was some good advice there. I’m shocked that Austin admitted that he can see why the divorce rate is so high. Ben and Jessa both seemed pretty vulnerable when talking about ther past disagreements. Interesting!  

Baby shower for Garrett and Gideon

·         Baby G’s will be celebrated. Austin will be annoyed by the baby food game. The rest is Duggar style and over the top. Do you really need 100 people at a baby shower? I know that I have that many people in my family, but come on!

·         Cookies and olives and cheese! Jana is trying to get the little girls to do things. Anna in the background. Laura talking about all that they have to do.

·         It’s a lot of fun getting to celebrate a new baby says Joy. Sip and See. Ahhhh. Well then…I’m bored.

·         Kendra doesn’t know if she is prepared. Joy and Austin, Joe and Kendra coming up. They let the guys come along. Lauren an Josiah are getting pulled up as well. They know that they will be in that season of life soon. They are feeding them baby food. I’m so bored. Feeding them while both are blindfolded. Seriously? Is this fun? We did this in high school. Yeah, hilarious then…boring now.

·         The biggest challenge was that both of them were blindfolded. It’s good baby food.

·         Jessa is going to feed Ben. Jinger is going to feed Jeremy. You know everyone has to get in on it.

·         Kendra just hit Joe right in the chin. She is trying to find his mouth. Lauren is spooing into Josiah. Austin was worried about Joy knocking out his front teeth.

·         Jessa is good at spooning baby food into the mouth of Ben. I think that she is cheating. Jinger is mostly rubbing it around Jeremy’s chin.

·         Joy and Austin are most competitive and they won. Lauren and Josiah were next and then Joe and Kendra. Ben and Jessa technically won because they were faster when all was said and done. Are they going to call them on it? Jessa doesn’t think it’s anything to brag about.

·         Next Colorado for the twins birthday, skiing. Ben can’t stop. Lauren tries on wedding dresses. Bless the person who does this. Jinjer Felicity ultrasound!

6 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Would you guys consider doing something like that? Joy and Austin are so sad that they missed it. They thought of it. They really wanted it. Now for the girls. Lauren looks good, Jessa has her jean dress on and leggings.

In a word, no.  And certainly not on a triple date with family...not that I do that either.

Why is this nonsense on national TV?  Is TLC (what are we learning?) really willing to stuff in any kind of mindless filler between these people impregnating each other?

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

There was some good advice there. I’m shocked that Austin admitted that he can see why the divorce rate is so high. Ben and Jessa both seemed pretty vulnerable when talking about ther past disagreements. Interesting!

Austin seems to be the brains of the outfit.  I give Jessa and Ben some points for empathy and effort.

13 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

·         Duggar Home: Jana is planning the joint baby shower for Kendra and Joy. Jana says that they will play games and show off Gideon. They’re expecting 100-200 people. Jana is trying to organize things with the help of Josie. Joy and Austin decide to wait and they wanted a shower or a sippancy after they had the baby. They both had boys said Kendra, they’re happy to be able to do the join thing. Jana says that everyone will be arriving around 2. Hopefully they will have it all done.

The idea of 1 or 2 hundred people around my newborn is absolutely horrifying. Even if they don't all want to hold him (but you know there's going to be 20-some old biddies there who feel it's their *right* to hold him or at least get up in his face and touch him).  Good grief. 

19 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

·         Austin: Marriage is probably not what you think it is. I can see why the divorce rate is so high. You get comfortale with each other and you begin to take each other for granted. You have to make a point to stay in love and grow in love with each other. In the engagement stage it’s easy to think about flowers and getting her flowers all day. After marriage it’s not as easy.

Damn Michael Cera, lighten up a little. You haven't been married long enough to be talking like a character in a one-act off-broadway play.

20 minutes ago, caitrona said:

The idea of 1 or 2 hundred people around my newborn is absolutely horrifying.

When GryffindorDisappointment was five days old, I was at a mandatory pre-deployment meeting with an entire Army regiment's worth of people. She was fine.

Austin's father has been thru a divorce. (Yes, I know that was his 1st wife, years before Austin was born.)  I do wonder how Austin processes that and how it was explained to him? (I am sure lots of Jesus forgives, blah, blah, blah.) It's just such a seemingly big taboo in their circles even though the divorce rate is just as high or even a little higher among evangelical Christians as it is the general population.

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Marriage Advice and some tears?

·         80s music as they walk in. It’s pretty funny. I must admit. The slow motion. None of the guys look that bad. They’re all fancy. Kendra and Jessa are going to wear theirs again. Lauren said that she would wear hers as well. None of them went crazy. “It was great to spend time with the young couples.” Errr Ben… I know you’re an old married man, 4 years on my 30th birthday, but you’re really not that old.

·         They’re asking Lauren about the wedding. She’s got the colours and the venue down pat. They’re not stressing out about it according to Lauren. 114 days until their wedding says Lauren. Jessa said it was more time than they had. Ben admits that you don’t always get to see the bad side of the other person. In their courtship, I guess they had clashing personalities for a while. It would take a while to settle in.

·         Austin: Marriage is probably not what you think it is. I can see why the divorce rate is so high. You get comfortable with each other and you begin to take each other for granted. You have to make a point to stay in love and grow in love with each other. In the engagement stage it’s easy to think about flowers and getting her flowers all day. After marriage it’s not as easy.

·         Joe: Always making the relationship with each other number one. Going on dates and communicating with each other all the time.

·         Once you figure out how people deal with stress and hurt says Jessa. Some people have to shut down when they deal with it. Jessa said that Ben would shut down and get quiet and Jessa would get quiet. She had to learn to calm down and give him a break. Ben had to learn not to clam up and give her the silent treatment. He did it once. He was upset and didn’t tell her qhy, it really hurt her feeling. I think that it did, she’s kinda teary eyed just thinking about it. Don’t communicate anger, take a little breather. Ben believes that when true love really gets tested, that when you’re disagreeing with the other person. When you have to work through those things.

·         Ben says that he thinks that they really like each other and that it will be a successful marriage. Jessa says that they are really excited for them.

·         There was some good advice there. I’m shocked that Austin admitted that he can see why the divorce rate is so high. Ben and Jessa both seemed pretty vulnerable when talking about ther past disagreements. Interesting!  

I'm actually very impressed with how Austin & Ben answered those questions. As an old married woman who will have been married 22 years (my Anniversary is 9/21) I agree wholeheartedly with both of them. Marriage was a HUGE adjustment for us, we married 9 months after we met and lived together for 5 months prior. I was 26 had a college education, a job and had lived on my own for 3 years prior and it was hard for us. I can't imagine marrying the 1st guy I dated at 19 and moving from my parents house to my own place with a guy I only sort of knew and had never been alone with.  The Duggar courting method is not a good way to gain a spouse, the Bates are much more reasonable in allowing their kids time alone with potential mates and hand holding, hugging and privacy, and long courtships/getting to know you phases. 

2 hours ago, caitrona said:

The idea of 1 or 2 hundred people around my newborn is absolutely horrifying. Even if they don't all want to hold him (but you know there's going to be 20-some old biddies there who feel it's their *right* to hold him or at least get up in his face and touch him).  Good grief. 

Honestly in this cult they are probably used to it.  While you and I would be repulsed by the idea of that many people around our newborn they probably don't even flinch.  

9 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

It doesn't help that Josiah looks so much like Smuggar ?

I love Anna's outfit in that bottom pic though. Flow-y shirts and sleeves is probably my favorite fundie-friendly look.

Anna has a very Renaissance painting-y look when she does her hair like that and wears those sorts of shirts/dresses. I think she should embrace it more because it really suits her. 

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Damn Michael Cera, lighten up a little. You haven't been married long enough to be talking like a character in a one-act off-broadway play.

You're sorry-grateful, regretful-happy...

But for reals, I kinda want to write a fundie version of Company. 

I really liked Lauren's dress and would buy something similar if I saw it (and if I weighed 40 lbs less). The thrift store date night idea is kind of cute, but not washing the clothes before wearing them? Gross. All the stuff I buy from our thrift store reeks of mothballs and I have to wash it a couple times with vinegar to get the smell out. Of course, I also have OCD so maybe other people aren't as sensitive to it as I am. 

I know the first-time-at-the-county-fair thing and mechanical bull were super staged but I couldn't resist taking this still and changing my avatar (although I love the angry kitty way more than I could ever like Jeremy.) It was just too ridiculous not to share. I live in a place where rodeo/ranching is life and it's a proud tradition around here. 

Cosigning @allthegoodnamesrgone I married the first guy I had ever been with. We met when I was 18 and in college, and we couldn't live together until we were married. I've referenced him a few times on here. I wanted to move out and live together but his religious beliefs meant we couldn't, so we got married after being together for four years. I realized on the second day of marriage that I had made a huge mistake and instantly regretted it. Fast forward 6 years, I left him and found the person I was really meant to be with. But yes, marriage is hard, even when you really love AND like the person. 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived