IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

I don’t think JB is especially concerned about John and Abby being alone together.  It’s not like Abby can knock John up, and if it happens to her, then the shame will be on her and her family, because the poor Duggar son would have clearly been defrauded.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

I don’t think JB is especially concerned about John and Abby being alone together.  It’s not like Abby can knock John up, and if it happens to her, then the shame will be on her and her family, because the poor Duggar son would have clearly been defrauded.

See, I think Jim Bob would really love it if his other sons didn't create more embarrassing scandals for him. And a Duggar son knocking a girl up would be a big, embarrassing scandal. I think he would prefer them all to have chaperones at all times. Whether or not he's actually capable of enforcing that is another story.

On a horrible tangent, I do think part of the reason Jinger and Joy weren't shoved before the cameras to defend Josh was that JB was afraid their cult would view them as "damaged goods" and thus diminish their chances of making a good match. It's the only way I can reason why only Jill and Jessa were chosen to defend Josh. I am certainly of the opinion that it was beyond obscene of any of the sister's to have to re-live their trauma on television.

If that did happen they the parents on both sides would simply get them married immediately with none the wiser. 

10 minutes ago, kachuu said:

The topic is "HOT" right now---- i thought they had gotten engaged! I ran over here QUICK :pb_lol:

I was just thinking oh crap someone's going to think they're engaged when I saw the Hot sign next to it.  nope just discussing courting rules. :laughing-rofl:

4 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

On a horrible tangent, I do think part of the reason Jinger and Joy weren't shoved before the cameras to defend Josh was that JB was afraid their cult would view them as "damaged goods" and thus diminish their chances of making a good match. It's the only way I can reason why only Jill and Jessa were chosen to defend Josh. I am certainly of the opinion that it was beyond obscene of any of the sister's to have to re-live their trauma on television.

i agree with Jinger I'm sure it had a little to do with Joy too but I think the bigger part of Joy was the fact that she was still underage. I mean now that would look really bad shoving your underage daughter on screen to defend her attacker. 

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

If that did happen they the parents on both sides would simply get them married immediately with none the wiser. 

Except everyone would be the wiser. Even if the woman in question took a pregnancy test and got a positive literally as soon as biologically possible, and they somehow got them married that very day, everyone would realize that this wedding had been hastily thrown together and conducted in private for some crazy reason. And with a baby appearing less than nine months later, the reason wouldn't be too hard to guess. 

I would imagine that JD and Abbie are chaperoned by someone. I would imagine that James or Jackson is hanging around somewhere. Jana also may be there hanging out 

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Except everyone would be the wiser. Even if the woman in question took a pregnancy test and got a positive literally as soon as biologically possible, and they somehow got them married that very day, everyone would realize that this wedding had been hastily thrown together and conducted in private for some crazy reason. And with a baby appearing less than nine months later, the reason wouldn't be too hard to guess. 

right people are crazy enough with Duggar baby speculation as it is. Look at Joy and Austin. I even seen a few articles speculating Lauren was pregnant before the wedding. no way they'd let something like a super quick wedding slide. 

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

right people are crazy enough with Duggar baby speculation as it is. Look at Joy and Austin. I even seen a few articles speculating Lauren was pregnant before the wedding. no way they'd let something like a super quick wedding slide. 

So really it’s going to happen either way. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The tabloids are so desperate for clicks that I think, yeah, at this point it's just inevitable no matter what. Just like Kate Middleton is always somehow pregnant with twins, even if she just delivered a baby three weeks prior.

Isn’t there an old expression like- first babies can take as few as five months, but the rest of them take about 9?

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It will probably happen either way but if they are really trying to hide something they are screwed was my point. there is zero chance the Duggar's could hide a pre-marital pregnancy. 

If they were planning to marry anyway and had the majority of it organized like Jabby probably do they could just make up some BS excuse about moving it up and TLC is in call to make it look completely Kosher . Due dates are easy to fudge and babies can come early. 

They would not be walking out taking photos with a girl without marriage on the horizon and certainly not having sex with her. 

Birth control is a far lesser sin than premarital sex in the Duggar household. 

Any one breaking the premarital sex rule, will also use birth control (they're not stupid enough not to).

And JD could pick up some condoms if he wants to.  Abbie works and is therefore having access to the world away from parents (and the medical world - where its easier to get prescriptions).  She too could get birth control without parental knowledge.

That said I'm not speculating either way about premarital sex, its none of my business.  But if it were happening, there wouldn't be a pregnancy.

If everyone was so rational and practical about it there would not be a need for Plan B And other oopsie daisy measures. 

7 minutes ago, imokit said:

Any one breaking the premarital sex rule, will also use birth control (they're not stupid enough not to).

And JD could pick up some condoms if he wants to.  Abbie works and is therefore having access to the world away from parents (and the medical world - where its easier to get prescriptions).  She too could get birth control without parental knowledge.

That said I'm not speculating either way about premarital sex, its none of my business.  But if it were happening, there wouldn't be a pregnancy.

People from strict religious backgrounds who received little/poor sex ed and have been conditioned to associate sex outside of marriage with shame and fear are actually less likely to use birth control when they do have premarital sex.

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Can you imagine the fall out if John David was spotted in Drug store buying A pack of Trojans? 

oh that would make a hilarious headline.

11 minutes ago, imokit said:

But if it were happening, there wouldn't be a pregnancy.

Birth control isn't a 100% guarantee of no pregnancy.

5 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Can you imagine the fall out if John David was spotted in Drug store buying A pack of Trojans? 

And then speculation of HOW MANY kids he has meandering around :pb_lol:

5 minutes ago, imokit said:

I don’t think statistics would support you in this.  Kids who are raised with the expectation of “purity” until marriage, and those taking abstinence pledges are just as likely as other young people to have premarital sex, but they are even more likely to become pregnant from doing so. They are typically completely unprepared for having sex, and are not especially well educated about either sex or birth control.

my sources for this information are numerous, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head is that documentary about Randy Wilson, his family, and their purity balls, and I can’t even come up with it’s name.

4 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

my sources for this information are numerous, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head is that documentary about Randy Wilson, his family, and their purity balls, and I can’t even come up with it’s name.

First documentary with the Wilson family (2008 ?):

The virgin daughters

Second documentary with them (2010?):

Virgin tales

I think the oldest 4 are now married, the youngest 3 not yet but not sure..

I think part of it too is that using birth control makes the premarital sex more premeditated and planned, whereas not using birth control makes it easier to say (even to themselves) that they just “got caught up in the moment” or “overwhelmed with desires.” They would probably feel like they were sinning even more by planning it out by buying birth control. 

ETA: Just want to clarify that I was responding to the topic of people raised in purity culture getting pregnant out of wedlock due to not using birth control. I was not referring to John and Abbie and don’t think they are having premarital sex. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived