IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

I can't decide if JD&A will wait over a year for marriage because they're older and more mature, and therefore want to get to know each other better, or if they'll have a short courtship precisely for the reason of being older, more mature, and likely already know what they want in a spouse.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO I can see John and Abbie getting married by the end of the year. I don't think they are going to beat Jinger and Jeremy with having the shortest courtship. More so the second shortest. I can see a fall engagement and a winter wedding for these two. For me I see Josie getting married first, then J+A right after that, and Carlin getting married right after J+A.  

9 minutes ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

For me I see Josie getting married first,

She's only EIGHT! lmao

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

She's only EIGHT! lmao

They are talking about Josie Bates. 

It is annoying that both the Bates and Duggar families have a Josie and a Jackson. It gets confusing. Maybe Jackson Bates will marry Josie Duggar in a decade and confuse the shit out of us all. It’s bad enough there are two Lauren Duggars. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is annoying that both the Bates and Duggar families have a Josie and a Jackson. It gets confusing. Maybe Jackson Bates will marry Josie Duggar in a decade and confuse the shit out of us all. It’s bad enough there are two Lauren Duggars. 

There’s only one Lauren Duggar, the one married to Josiah. 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I didn't know weather to laugh at his or just agree. I also think you're confused with maybe two things. Lauren is Jessa's middle name but right now there is only one Lauren Duggar. Now if some people on here get their wish and Lauren Caldwell hooks up with a Duggar boy there will be two Lauren Duggars. and then that will get really confusing. 

25 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

There’s only one Lauren Duggar, the one married to Josiah. 

Whoops I was thinking of Lauren Caldwell. I’ve got the poor girl pegged to marry a Duggar in my head and she probably hasn’t even turned 18 yet. 

Interesting. I imagine, if JD and Josh have re-kindled the closeness they used to have, that he'd have to decide, have Josh as the best man or have the wedding TLC-filmed. Or compromise and have Josh as just one of the groomsmen that gets edited out of the show and you only see him on some of the photos. I always thought that he, Jana, or both, would be the ones to say, hey, the film crew can come as GUESTS but not as work, so we'd never see their weddings. But Abbie's willing to be in these films with JD, so we'll see.

4 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Interesting. I imagine, if JD and Josh have re-kindled the closeness they used to have, that he'd have to decide, have Josh as the best man or have the wedding TLC-filmed. Or compromise and have Josh as just one of the groomsmen that gets edited out of the show and you only see him on some of the photos. I always thought that he, Jana, or both, would be the ones to say, hey, the film crew can come as GUESTS but not as work, so we'd never see their weddings. But Abbie's willing to be in these films with JD, so we'll see.

no I think JD seems way to excited to show off Abbie for them not to have the wedding filmed. he seemed super excited when he prompted Abbie to say keeping watching on what and Abbie said counting on. During the courtship announcement video. 

While I have never felt JD was an attention hog at all, I do think he is excited about the possibility of having his wedding filmed if only because yes, I could see him wanting to show Abbie off and show how happy he is to marry her. (In a good way.) He seems happier than I have ever seen him. I wouldn't be surprised if JD proposes at the peach festival. I also wouldn't be surprised if he waits till they are back in Arkansas and does some sort of arial proposal.

I think of the wedding's we've seen John as a groomsman in, he's probably closer to Austin and maybe Zach now than he is to Josh, Jeremy, or Derick. Idk, for the Dills I always felt that JD and Joe were only included bc Derick didn't have enough close friends to match #s with Jill's sisters, I don't think they're actually pals lol.

I think the Duggar-Burnett (I'm sorry I cannot seem to think of them as Jobbie or Jabbie, it feels too damn juvenile haha, in my head they're JDAb since they announced....) wedding party will include Austin/Zach/maybe Josh (unfortunately I don't think JD holds the same disdain for big bro as immediately post-scandals, even if not as close as they were 10 years ago)/Joe/Si/at least 2-3 of Abbie's brothers. So like 6-8 groomsmen. Plus on Abbie's side the 4 other Burnett sisters, sister-in-law, Jana, and maybe a couple friends. Hard to believe that 6-8 per side is a "small" wedding party, haha. 

Makes me wonder who Jana's bridesmaids will be; she's been in even more weddings than JD! Maybe Anna, Abbie (I hope they get to be besties lol), Laura, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joy? 

Oooh arial proposal would be fitting. Yea JD is not an attention seeker but also isn't shy. He got an Instagram account after all, so I doubt he will forego filming the wedding. On the other hand I doubt he will be Jessa level savvy about it all. Probably more like Joy and Austin are about that side of things. 

4 hours ago, habert said:

I wonder who JDs best man would be. I would be shocked if it were josh 

My vote is for Joe, closest in age and pretty close to all of them emotionally-wise. 

My guess for the wedding party:

Zach Bates, Joe Duggar, Austin Forsyth, John-Clay Burnett, Caleb Burnett, Benjamin Burnett, a friend of John David

Hannah Dornink, Charity Wearden, Jana Duggar, one of Abbie's friends, Maggie Burnett, Carinna Burnett, one of Abbie's friends 

4 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I didn't know weather to laugh at his or just agree. I also think you're confused with maybe two things. Lauren is Jessa's middle name but right now there is only one Lauren Duggar. Now if some people on here get their wish and Lauren Caldwell hooks up with a Duggar boy there will be two Lauren Duggars. and then that will get really confusing. 

Would they go the Maxwell route and make one Lauren use her middle name to differentiate them? Or they could just cut to the chase and make them go by OfJosiah and OfInterchangeableDuggarBoy. 

7 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Would they go the Maxwell route and make one Lauren use her middle name to differentiate them? Or they could just cut to the chase and make them go by OfJosiah and OfInterchangeableDuggarBoy. 

well Josiah's Lauren is Lauren Milagro. If Lauren Caldwell joins the family in some twist her middle name is Hope. oh and for some who were wondering about Lauren's age she was born May 22 2000 so she is 18.

Unrelated to anything discussed right now,  but am I the only one who has The Rake's Song by the Decemberists stuck in their head when they read the title of this thread?

No more a rake and no more a bachelor, I was wedded and it whetted my thirst...

I have two aunts with the same first name, though at least they have different last names. It still gets confusing though because my second aunt's married name is the same as my first aunt's maiden name, so there's a lot of "Jane Smith, Bob's wife, not Jane Smith Jones."

To make things more confusing for me as a kid, my first aunt "Jane" is married to "Fred," and my aunt on the other side of the family also married a "Fred," so I had two "Aunt Janes" and two "Uncle Freds," plus another cousin "Fred."

22 hours ago, Taylurker said:

I can't decide if JD&A will wait over a year for marriage because they're older and more mature, and therefore want to get to know each other better, or if they'll have a short courtship precisely for the reason of being older, more mature, and likely already know what they want in a spouse.

I think that it depends on the father of the bride. He usually gives his permission about the timeline of the courtship and engagement. Since Abbie is 26, I'm sure her father will "let her" get married, if Abbie tells her father that she is 100% sure that  she is ready. She has an education and is working professionally, so marriage could be seen as the logical next step for her.

Also, from the Duggar perspective, they probably are ok with a rushed marriage for Jana and John-David. There are 28, right? They are pushing 30. I feel that the Duggars might feel "entitled" to marriage after a certain age. Since Jill and Jessa were courting at the same time, naturally, Jill and Derick were allowed to get married first, since he had a degree and both of them were older than 18 year old Ben. But just because Derrick was older, it doesn't mean that he was a better husband. He was determined to keep Jill and their newborn babies in a foreign country. I truly believe that Derick's mom, JB, and Michelle had a meeting with Derrick to convince him to stay in the USA. It was NOT his choice.  Now, Derick is no longer on the show due to his abrasive opinions on Twitter. 

It is my hope that the Duggars encourage longer courtships, especially for the Duggars under age 21!! I think Joy got married way too young! I am concerned, especially for the women in these courtships. I hope and pray that Jana doesn't rush into marriage with a guy who ends up married to a guy like Josh (or an abusive husband), They need more time to know these guys. 

1 hour ago, eye_browz said:

I think that it depends on the father of the bride. He usually gives his permission about the timeline of the courtship and engagement. Since Abbie is 26, I'm sure her father will "let her" get married, if Abbie tells her father that she is 100% sure that  she is ready. She has an education and is working professionally, so marriage could be seen as the logical next step for her.

Also, from the Duggar perspective, they probably are ok with a rushed marriage for Jana and John-David. There are 28, right? They are pushing 30. I feel that the Duggars might feel "entitled" to marriage after a certain age. Since Jill and Jessa were courting at the same time, naturally, Jill and Derick were allowed to get married first, since he had a degree and both of them were older than 18 year old Ben. But just because Derrick was older, it doesn't mean that he was a better husband. He was determined to keep Jill and their newborn babies in a foreign country. I truly believe that Derick's mom, JB, and Michelle had a meeting with Derrick to convince him to stay in the USA. It was NOT his choice.  Now, Derick is no longer on the show due to his abrasive opinions on Twitter. 

It is my hope that the Duggars encourage longer courtships, especially for the Duggars under age 21!! I think Joy got married way too young! I am concerned, especially for the women in these courtships. I hope and pray that Jana doesn't rush into marriage with a guy who ends up married to a guy like Josh (or an abusive husband), They need more time to know these guys. 

lets hope Jana doesn't pull a Tabitha Paine and feel like she has to take the first guy that comes along just because of her age. 

So no sightings of JD on bended knee at the Peach Festival?  Eh, the new season is about to start, so I am thinking it won't be long now......

I don't know when JD will propose, but I hope he does it on his own timeline. 

As for Lauren Caldwell, I am calling her for one of the twins, Jed and Jeremiah 

59 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

As for Lauren Caldwell, I am calling her for one of the twins, Jed and Jeremiah 

same! I have been for so long now, I honestly kind of forget that nothing is actually official about any courtships regarding them (yet!). lol!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived