IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

12 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My guess is a Jessa pregnancy. Possibly twins. lol

Twin girls and Jill will be pissed because Jessa had daughter's before her.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aw, I'm happy for them! Looks like we're going to see a lot of fundie weddings in October.

2 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Twin girls and Jill will be pissed because Jessa had daughter's before her.

Followed a month later by a Jill pregnancy announcement (another grandboy for Mima), a month later by a Joy pregnancy announcement (boy), a month later a Lauren pregnancy announcement (girl), a month later a Kendra pregnancy announcement (girl), a month later by an Anna pregnancy announcement (boy), and a month later by a Jana courtship. lawl

These are very sweet engagement photos, and I can’t quite believe John David’s transformation. 

I hope the 2 of them jump into John David’s plane, and fly to Vegas to get married.  They could even do it today.

Back to the photo with Jill... I wonder what Jill thinks about Abbie getting to do the nursing training that Jill was denied?  Abbie got to have that education, but is Fundy enough to marry - that would burn me.

The best-case scenario is that seeing Abbie as a good Fundy Maiden makes the Duggars relent a bit and if any of the younger girls want to go to college etc, they're allowed to...  but who am I kidding?

I'm with @PainfullyAware, it's great that JD looks happy, but all the evidence points to another Quiverfull bride who has to defer to her husband at every point.  I feel like we need to break out the @formergothardite reminders that we need in the Bates threads, when people gush about the great social media of X Bates daughter - they are cult members, and there is no evidence at all that they're stepping away from it.  I guess it's less-worse that Abbie at least has a college education to help if she has as many arrows as possible and ends up homeschooling them, than thinking about Kendra, Lauren and the Duggar daughters passing on their pitiful excuses for education, but that's a very low bar.

And 100% co-signing @Palimpsest that I hope Abbie is really into planes too.  Otherwise it's a case of "welcome to the rest of your life, Abbie", where what she wants and loves has no bearing on what will actually happen.  And if she does love planes, I hope she gets to learn to fly them herself.  I dunno, from the very little we know, it seems like the proposal was all about JD, and I'm a bit sad it wasn't, at the Peach Festival, for example.

Hope she's allowed to have her own friends as bridesmaids, rather than the contractual obligation to have a load of Duggar sisters...

No surprise about the engagement, but they do look so much more genuinely happy than anyone (anything?) I've seen in the JoRen wedding preview.

Duggar weddings are coming thick and fast now, I predict 2019 will be a big Grandduggar Palooza. :stork-baby:

Just now, DillyDally said:

Duggar weddings are coming thick and fast now, I predict 2019 will be a big Grandduggar Palooza. :stork-baby:

It makes this current lull in pregnancies seem just a little bit creepy, doesn't it? Like the calm before the storm...

Am I missing something? In the video I didn't hear anything about the Lord! They look so, so genuinely happy. It's the first Duggar marriage that doesn't make me anxious. I'm hopeful that they nix some of the awful beliefs and forge their own path!

Imagine, in a few months we could have a picture of 7 pregnant bellies 

6 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Imagine, in a few months we could have a picture of 7 pregnant bellies 

Seriously. Anna, Jill, Jessa, Joy and Lauren could all easily announce before the end of this year. Kendra, Jinger and Abbie are far less likely, but still possible.

It's kind of crazy to think about. It's 100% possible that all the married couples, plus John & Abbie, could have a baby in 2019. I think that probably won't be the case, but I would bet on Anna, Jill, Jessa, Joy, Lauren, and Kendra for sure, and also Abbie if they get married before the end of this year, which they probably will. 

I think all (then) married couples except for Jinger and Jeremy will have a baby in 2019.

30 minutes ago, Lurky said:

And 100% co-signing @Palimpsest that I hope Abbie is really into planes too.  Otherwise it's a case of "welcome to the rest of your life, Abbie", where what she wants and loves has no bearing on what will actually happen.  And if she does love planes, I hope she gets to learn to fly them herself.  I dunno, from the very little we know, it seems like the proposal was all about JD, and I'm a bit sad it wasn't, at the Peach Festival, for example.

Hope she's allowed to have her own friends as bridesmaids, rather than the contractual obligation to have a load of Duggar sisters...

I hadn't thought of that, because I am really into planes (really, I'd have been over the moon with that engagement), but I hope so, too. Or maybe she becomes interested in them - in her own way, not just because he is.

But in any case, planes (and her work, and the peach ice cream thing) are something interesting they have to talk about that isn't all God all the time, so that is in itself a plus. I think Jana and JD being older really benefited them, as despite being sibling-parents and having to share space with a zillion kids, they at least have some sense of things they enjoy on their own. They seem happy and I'm happy for them. I prefer their route to the mom-by-20 route the rest of them seem to be taking.

I'm guessing this was another marathon engagement type deal and the aviation museum was just the grand finale.

just watched the video. so people were right he played the plane into the engagement ,they seem happy. 

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I’m pretty sure these two both were engaged before Lauren & Josiah’s wedding but didn’t want to steal their thunder and waited until after the wedding to announce to the public. 

TLC filmed this the day Jabbie took engagement photos since they’re both wearing the same clothes.

This, OR they wanted  had to wait until closer to the beginning of the season. 

My brain really can't process Anna having another baby. Yuck yuck yuck. I believe I have said this before. I think it's also easy to ignore them since they get lens flared out of all the photos and whatnot. But yuck yuck yuck. And if she does wind up pregnant, are we going to do a eternal baby watch with name guesses (of course we will)? Yuck yuck yuck.

36 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Seriously. Anna, Jill, Jessa, Joy and Lauren could all easily announce before the end of this year. Kendra, Jinger and Abbie are far less likely, but still possible.

It's kind of crazy to think about. It's 100% possible that all the married couples, plus John & Abbie, could have a baby in 2019. I think that probably won't be the case, but I would bet on Anna, Jill, Jessa, Joy, Lauren, and Kendra for sure, and also Abbie if they get married before the end of this year, which they probably will. 

Please stop tempting fate.  Not only is there a significant risk that 7 pregnant Duggars and the inevitable baby watches will break Free Jinger, but poor @VelociRapture will finally lose her marbles thinking up mnemonics to keep all the grandbabies straight.

this is the Duggar statement 

We are thrilled to announce the engagement of John-David and Abbie! They are a wonderful match and make a beautiful couple! Abbie is a lovely young woman, full of tenderness and compassion. She has a deep love for the Lord and we are so delighted that John-David has asked her to be his wife! We love weddings in this family and can’t wait for this next one!

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Please stop tempting fate.  Not only is there a significant risk that 7 pregnant Duggars and the inevitable baby watches will break Free Jinger

I am not ready for another Josh/Anna baby if they don't give a due date. Mason's birth watch nearly broke me. 

45 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I just had my little Nugget back in May and I have to say (now with life experience of actually feeling the exhaustion of pregnancy and a newborn) THANK GOD I'M NOT PREGNANT ANYMORE. You just have to be CRAZY to constantly do that to your body.

MY ANKLES ARE BACK, Y'ALL. :fire-nanner:

24 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Please stop tempting fate.  Not only is there a significant risk that 7 pregnant Duggars and the inevitable baby watches will break Free Jinger, but poor @VelociRapture will finally lose her marbles thinking up mnemonics to keep all the grandbabies straight.

... challenge fucking accepted. BRING IT DUGGARS!!! :auto-dirtbike:

(But please. Don’t really. The planet has enough of you idiots already. :pb_lol:)

Wow, I didn’t think anyone could rival the transformation that Isaac Botkin made when he got with Heidi, but John David is right up there! It sure makes people become nicer-looking when they’re basically oozing love and happiness. I think they seem lovely together and I’m very happy for them. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived