IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

2 minutes ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

Happy for them - they look really sweet together! :) My only prediction is that the wedding pics will be less awkward than some we've seen here.

I have to admit that the short courtship doesn't really phase me. I've known so many folks who got engaged after very brief periods of dating/courtship and went on to have happy marriages.

And adding to that they are both ADULTS with jobs., something we've not seen in Duggarland before.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one can be more awkward than Josh and Anna, between the hand sex and just general weirdness, ick! Looking back on it now makes Josh look worse in hindsight, but god. 

I would say JD has a lot more say because he's older. 

The engagement video is really cute, they look so happy togheter and seems like they almost can't belive is happening that they are going to get married for real. 

I love them 

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A fall wedding will be nice. October or November. Hopefully early November so it’s not too cold and they can take some pretty outdoor pictures.

Something, something, parking lot sundaes. ;)

They look so cute in the picture with the heart on the ground.

To me, they feel more in love then any of the previous couples. Maybe because being older makes them less awkward in general.

Omg I’m just relieved she has a completely normal voice and way of speaking. I can’t stand the baby voices or incessant giggling the younger brides take on. Her voice doesn’t bother me at all. Praise Rufus. 

11 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2018/7/exciting-announcement

Here the link to the family announce...

Usual word "she loves the lord" "is a blessing" "we love wedding" blah blah blah 

To be fair, they have to do this about every three months at the moment and they are only half down the lineup of kids. And between the engagement announcements there are tons of birthdays and courtship announcements sprinkled in that seem to require similar posts.  I would have given up on induvidual / deep / creative messages on that sort of thing about three engagements ago.

The Arkansas Air and Military Museum would be a good place for their reception but it only holds 400. So that’s out. 

39 minutes ago, Markie said:

I imagine they were courting for a much longer time than announced. They didn’t want another failed courtship on tv. The courtship only went public once John and Abbie agreed to marry. 

Hopefully, TLC does not focus on the “saving our first kiss for marriage” and they get married. Zack and Whitney did not advertise they were saving their first kiss for marriage, nor did they do tons of pda sessions either. 

Didn't Zach and Whitney kiss before marriage? I vaguely remember reading that they ended up apologizing to Gil and Kelly for doing so (which is a whole 'nother discussion in and of itself).

Got the notification from duggarfam on Instagram this morning and I was hoping it was this engagement. Happy for them. I know we keep saying it, but gosh, JD's like a completely different version of himself right now. I can't say I've ever seen him smile so much and so genuinely. I wonder if Abby's behind his new facial hair and letting his hair grow a little longer on top that's minimizing the receding look. If so, well done, Abby, sweetie, you're doing great. Keep up the good work. 

If they have another wedding at JBU's Cathedral of the Ozarks, the next wedding is free, right? : )

Anyway, won't they have the wedding in Stratford OK?

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

If they have another wedding at JBU's Cathedral of the Ozarks, the next wedding is free, right? : )

Anyway, won't they have the wedding in Stratford OK?

I kind of assume they will. Unless there’s no place in that area that can accommodate a huge wedding. 

I hope Abbie just takes the reins and makes the Duggars all come to OK, does her own wedding with her own people and connections and we get a completely fresh type deal where it isn't the same tired, gimicky wedding we've seen fifty-eleven times now. TLC, if you read this, lets skip the Miz Renee and Miz Cindy thing this time, and make this like real life where this is about Abby and her family throwing their daughter a wedding and not another big ole Duggar fam deal that we've seen a gazillion times, please? 

Well, isn't that sweet.  And so expected.  They both look very chuffed.  The pictures with the planes and on the runway make a nice change from the happy couple balancing on rail road tracks or standing in the middle of the road waiting for a train or truck to mow them down.

However, I profoundly hope that Abby is as into planes as JD, otherwise the proposal was all about him, wasn't it?

Prediction: Wedding in October at the latest.  And I hope in a church of her choice in Oklahoma.

And they will play this at the wedding. 

♪♫♬ Those magnificent men in their flying machines,
they go up tiddly up up,
they go down tiddly down down.
They enchant all the ladies and steal all the scenes,
with their up tiddly up up
and their down tiddly down down.

Up, down, flying around,
looping the loop and defying the ground.

They're all frightfully keen,
those magnificent men in their flying machines.♪♫♬ 

That video is the cutest thing. Too bad it had to end up as a stupid promo for their show.

They need to stop being so adorable so I don't become a Duggar leghumper.

Love the airport/plane theme and the pictures, especially the one taken on runway. 

I hate that I cannot see the video and have to wait until someone uploads it to youtube.

Well that was quick (unsuprisingly) - I checked and the courtship announcement was 4 weeks ago. They definitely wait to announce the courtships (post-Marjorie) until the couples are clearly serious enough to be engaged soon. I believe I predicted somewhere that we'd get this announcement by the end of the month. Thread title change?

New prediction: October 15th wedding, or generally first 2.5 weeks of October.

I hope that "I'll Fly Away" doesn't have too much of a beat to be sinful in the ears of Duggars.

16 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

way before 1925 When ever I think about the crazy Duggar rules I always remember Little house those happy Golden years. all those buggy rides Laura and Almonzo took alone and gasp they even kissed after he asked her to marry him. 

True!! And, I ALWAYS think of the missionary on someone's wedding/courtship episode [Jessa??] who pointed out that none of this was at all Biblical. Then think back to the "bundling board" beds in Colonial America! Sharing a BED before marriage! Yikes! Nike! Nike! Nike!

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I hope that "I'll Fly Away" doesn't have too much of a beat to be sinful in the ears of Duggars.

Well, not this draggy old-lady version!! It can have a lot of energy put into it though! Remember there are very modern arrangements!

On 7/20/2018 at 8:44 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

July engagement, October wedding, August baby.

Part 1:  nailed.

Will I be right on the next two events? Time will tell. lol

We've been through so many engagements, marriages, babies and scandals together now!  More than my own actual family, but then, we don't have eleventy people in my family.

Ok, I'm sorry but: aaaaw.. I got myself new pet fundies.

October will be an interesting month, Josie (favourite Bates) and JD (favourite Duggar) weddings, I would assume. 

I think they are really adorable together, and good on JD for doing his thing and getting himself a grown up woman with an actual life besides being a SAHD. I REALLY hope I never have to eat my words, and they just continue to be the way they are now (not annoying, working and all that...)

I'm wondering though: I expected the engagement to be announced for the first episode but that it still almost a week away.

Can we still expect another announcement? If it is a pregnancy I think it is weird that they don't announce it the other way around. A wedding for JD is a more interesting accouncement than a third pregancy for Jessa or whatever.

1 minute ago, CarrotCake said:

I'm wondering though: I expected the engagement to be announced for the first episode but that it still almost a week away.

Can we still expect another announcement? If it is a pregnancy I think it is weird that they don't announce it the other way around. A wedding for JD is a more interesting accouncement than a third pregancy for Jessa or whatever.

Maybe it will be another courtship? 

Who knows with them is not that logic is their major thing

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived