IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

3 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I'm not quibbling about Jeremy, but a lot of people work with their parents, or in their parent's businesses.  It doesn't mean they're being supported by that parent.  

Someone I went to school with her father has a construction supply company he's had it for years. Her brother works for him.    

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree .Just because they have not got  Much formal education and will never work white collar office jobs does not mean they are useless in the Job market. 

11 hours ago, Lurky said:

I honestly thought Jeremy was working for daddy's church - did he start out that way and then get a job with a different one?  I could have sworn he was on videos for his father's church, but I admit I don't pay that much attention to Jeremy.

Jeremy started out at the San Antonio church.  They're the ones who sent him to the plant in Laredo.  They're the ones who "ordained" him.  I can't remember if the video of his ordination was linked on his father's church site, but I think it may have been 

25 minutes ago, pandora said:

And riffing off of this- Even without college, Austin/Joy's financial independence is related to Austin's dad who taught him how to flip houses/use a bulldozer, and had the tools Austin would need to do so. The training he got as the only son at home (I'm aware he has older half sibs) of a technically skilled dad + his dad's help and advice on the flips is part of how he is where he is today. Meanwhile Ben came into the Duggar family as a teenager from a family that didn't train him for a career- it seems smart to me that Jessa and Ben are still utilizing the resources available to them. I dont think it's bad to work for a family business or accept help when it's volunteered- making the most of those opportunities is often how people get ahead. I think part of this is that for a lot of people here it's strange to think of married people getting help from their parents, but in this case the married people we're talking about are college aged (a time when a lot of people are accepting financial help from family). I think a better metric would be looking to see who's been preparing for their family's financial future since marriage-for example, I would count Joe and Kendra, living economically in family property and working for their family business as moving in that direction, while college educated Derick pissing away money on missioncations is not. Oh, and regardless of moral implications I would count having a paid account on a dating site for you to cheat on your wife when you work for a "traditional family values" org a stupid financial decision. 

And that’s exactly why I hate seeing them marry so young. Because it’s pretty likely that by their first wedding anniversary they will have another mouth to feed. Since they don’t use BC JB is putting the Duggar married kids in a tight spot. I would think nothing of a 19 year old getting support from their family. But why set your child up so they need more support at 19 because they have a newborn? 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And that’s exactly why I hate seeing them marry so young. Because it’s pretty likely that by their first wedding anniversary they will have another mouth to feed. Since they don’t use BC JB is putting the Duggar married kids in a tight spot. I would think nothing of a 19 year old getting support from their family. But why set your child up so they need more support at 19 because they have a newborn? 

That is the beauty of any and all cults, you keep members/children cut off and dependent on you, and they will think they have no choice but to stay, because they can't survive on their own.  Boob WANTS his kids under his control, that is the difference between him and Jeremy and Austin's fathers. the latter two want their children to be INDEPENDANT and self supporting, while they still have the same horrid beliefs they have no desire to have complete control over their children and their grand children until the day they die. Where Boob  and other cult leaders want that control.

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But why set your child up so they need more support at 19 because they have a newborn? 

Silly Jermajesty, because sex! Gotta wait til marriage, and the heart (or some other organ) wants what it wants

21 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That is the beauty of any and all cults, you keep members/children cut off and dependent on you, and they will think they have no choice but to stay, because they can't survive on their own.  Boob WANTS his kids under his control, that is the difference between him and Jeremy and Austin's fathers. the latter two want their children to be INDEPENDANT and self supporting, while they still have the same horrid beliefs they have no desire to have complete control over their children and their grand children until the day they die. Where Boob  and other cult leaders want that control.

You would think JB would eventually get to a point where he’s like, “man! Controlling 30 some people is expensive!” I mean he is pretty cheap. 

53 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

doing trades in non-union jobs

Arkansas is a right-to-work state. Union isn't an issue at all, there.

19 minutes ago, SadieJane said:

Non-single life looks good on him. Like a Jason Sudakis clone.

I never really thought of him as attractive but he's looking really good lately. 

I'd say taking his time has worked out well for JD. He looks so happy. Hoping the same tactic works for Jana!

39 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Hmm. Ran into them or was chaperoning?

That’s what I was thinking. Did she run into just them? Or was a howler tagging along? If Jana was with them they probably would have included her in the picture. So it was either Jobbie alone or a howler was there but not pictured. 

I think it’s entirely possible JD and Abbie go on alone dates. Abbie seems to go to AR a lot and probably isn’t able to bring a chaperone all the time. Didn’t the Duggars say they often leave it up to the girl’s parents? If the Burnett’s aren’t huge on chaperones, I doubt JB would constantly force one on JD. 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s what I was thinking. Did she run into just them? Or was a howler tagging along? If Jana was with them they probably would have included her in the picture. So it was either Jobbie alone or a howler was there but not pictured. 

I think it’s entirely possible JD and Abbie go on alone dates. Abbie seems to go to AR a lot and probably isn’t able to bring a chaperone all the time. Didn’t the Duggars say they often leave it up to the girl’s parents? If the Burnett’s aren’t huge on chaperones, I doubt JB would constantly force one on JD. 

looks like a selfie pic to me. you would think if they had someone else with them. they would have taken the picture. 

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can't imagine JB would allow this. 

Just now, libgirl2 said:

See I can only because JD has been grown for quite some time. He’s been out working all the time without any siblings around. JB seems way more obsessed about his daughters having a chaperone. I’m sure he wanted Josh to have a chaperone because he knew Josh couldn’t be trusted. But JD has shown how trustworthy he is over the last decade he’s been a legal adult. I doubt JB is that worried about Jobbie defrauding each other at the localfast food restaurant. 

2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't think JB cares so much if his son's are chaperoned plus it seems most of the chaperoning falls to the girls siblings.  we've seen that with Kendra where Lauren mostly tagged along and with Lauren where pictures usually showed her siblings along.  

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

I don't think JB cares so much if his son's are chaperoned plus it seems most of the chaperoning falls to the girls siblings.  we've seen that with Kendra where Lauren mostly tagged along and with Lauren where pictures usually showed her siblings along.  

I think except for Josh, JB most likely has a double standard for his sons and daughters that he wouldn’t want to admit.

True, I think he might not care so much with the sons. And if Abby was out working she already has been out there "alone". 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Jabbie with Jill

Why does it look like Jill was photoshopped in though?? Lol. 

JD looks happier than I’ve ever seen him before, so good for him.

Just now, Mayluka said:

Why does it look like Jill was photoshopped in though?? Lol. 

JD looks happier than I’ve ever seen him before, so good for him.

Honestly it almost looks like she photo bombed them. they were all ready to take a nice picture and she jumped in there. 

I mean, it's possible they're out without a chaperone. They do choose their own courtship rules, and just because we've never seen any of them choose 'no chaperones' before doesn't mean it's impossible. JD is a 28-year-old man with the means to support himself, so it's not like Jim Bob could stop him even if he really cared. All that said, I think it's really unlikely, and they were probably with other people.

JD looks incredibly happy, they make a really cute couple, and it's an awfully nice change that they're both well into their 20s and Abbie even has a real education/work experience to fall back on. I would love for these two to leave fundamentalism, but this is still refreshing to see after a line of teenage brides (and Josiah's... interesting... wedding).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived