IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

On 7/21/2018 at 7:28 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Anyways, no way they have a long courtship/engagement. He'll probably propose next week. 

Nailed it!

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so now when it will be the wedding? I say late October max start of November...

this is one of the shortest courtship so far am i right? or it just feels like yesterday since this is JD?

Who will be the next now? 

I’m irritated that the article doesn’t give any details about the proposal. Like clearly there were planes involved based on the pictures, but I want to know how it happened! Lots of people thought it would happen at the peach festival in her hometown over the weekend, so I’m wondering if it happened then.

A fall wedding will be nice. October or November. Hopefully early November so it’s not too cold and they can take some pretty outdoor pictures.

The difference in engagement photos between oldest child and second son (and yes I'm aware there's a 10 year engagement gap, but it shows how things have changed).

Josh - front hugging not ok, even the engagement hug had lots of space between him and Anna.

JD - snuggling against Abbie, lots of body contact, hand very near chest.

But those two look in love and comfortable with each other in a way that few of the siblings have been.

14 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1737224429_jabbieeng2.thumb.jpg.c6f834e15e375a6f1844dd39d0adf579.jpg2002579647_jabbieeng3.thumb.jpg.329570fc980270b252cb14edfd01fd3b.jpg

jabbie eng 1.jpgThe photos i have to say they look really happy anfìd i love the first one

I will say that picture is adorable. Their faces are so close in all the pictures. :-o

October wedding at the latest, I'm guessing. This is going to be quick. 

They seem very happy and that’s good. No proposal details and the usual cult rhetoric in the US article. Gems like

“The proposal and the ‘yes’ really solidified that we want to spend the rest of our lives together,” 

and

“One of the most amazing things about following Christ is being able to trust Him to direct your path and lead your life,” the couple tells Us. “We are so thankful that He led us to one another.”

That might not be indicative of anything but I’m waiting for the wedding vows about having as many children as the lord blesses them with. :pb_rollseyes:

Another guess, they stay at their reception for a whopping 10 minutes before leaving. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Another guess, they stay at their reception for a whopping 10 minutes before leaving. 

And they leave by plane. That way the brothers can’t cover the plane with crap as a practical joke. 

On 7/16/2018 at 12:30 PM, VelociRapture said:

I’ve mentioned this before, but the Duggars have publicly stated they allow private conversations. Benessa were allowed private phone calls after they began courting. I think the Dills were allowed something similar. I’m pretty sure this was mentioned in “Growing Up Duggar” after the book was rereleased following Jill and Jessa’s courtships. 

During courtship or only after engagement? I thought that privledge started once they were engaged??  How does one decide to marry a virtual stranger?

That looks like an airplane museum to me--with a theatre. Any ideas?

I imagine they were courting for a much longer time than announced. They didn’t want another failed courtship on tv. The courtship only went public once John and Abbie agreed to marry. 

Hopefully, TLC does not focus on the “saving our first kiss for marriage” and they get married. Zack and Whitney did not advertise they were saving their first kiss for marriage, nor did they do tons of pda sessions either. 

First duggar couple that looks very much in love and soooo NOT awkward.

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And they leave by plane. That way the brothers can’t cover the plane with crap as a practical joke. 

I wouldn't put it past them. People who tinker with the get-away car's brakes as a joke do not strike me as the sensible kind.

18 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

October wedding at the latest, I'm guessing. This is going to be quick. 

Late October at the earliest. Josie Bates is very likely getting married the first weekend of October and John is close friends with Zach. I’d assume he’ll want them there and won’t schedule anything too close to Josie’s wedding for that reason. 

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

During courtship or only after engagement? I thought that privledge started once they were engaged??  How does one decide to marry a virtual stranger?

I believe during courtship. Jessa at least has stated they started the private chats (either on the phone or via text) the night they started courting. I’d assume most of the others have followed the same general pattern. 

Wow! Good for JD, I knew it was going to be a quick courtship but I thought we'd at least get to August! :) 

7 minutes ago, Markie said:

I imagine they were courting for a much longer time than announced. They didn’t want another failed courtship on tv. The courtship only went public once John and Abbie agreed to marry. 

Hopefully, TLC does not focus on the “saving our first kiss for marriage” and they get married. Zack and Whitney did not advertise they were saving their first kiss for marriage, nor did they do tons of pda sessions either. 

Zach and Whit’s relationship wasn’t filmed though. “United Bates of America,” ended around the time Zach asked Sarah Reith to court and Whitney was almost ready to give birth to Bradley by the time UP TV started filming “Bringing Up Bates.” Zach and Whit’s entire relationship wasn’t filmed prior to that point. I have a feeling someone in the Bates family (whether Zach himself or his parents) would have stated they were saving the first kiss had there been cameras around.

24 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That sounds like my dream reception.

10 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

First duggar couple that looks very much in love and soooo NOT awkward.

Yes! The announcement video is oozing happiness and I'm loving it! 

Sweet pictures, I'm not certain they have chaperones, but I'm pretty certain JD is NOT his big brother and can keep his hands to himself , they may have some premarital smooching and front hugging, but they will both be virgins on their wedding night.  I called it, Christmas wedding. I'm guessing late November through Mid December for the wedding.  Early November is heavy with Jessa & Jinger's weddings, and Jessa and Spurgeon's birthdays.

Happy for them - they look really sweet together! :) My only prediction is that the wedding pics will be less awkward than some we've seen here.

I have to admit that the short courtship doesn't really phase me. I've known so many folks who got engaged after very brief periods of dating/courtship and went on to have happy marriages.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived