IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Erin does look younger and more stylish with her hair like that! And damn, Chad is looking really good in that picture.

She looks like Brigitte Bardot. Well, a modest Brigitte.

Erin is very pretty, but her hair and make up are very 60's. I wonder if she does it consciously. I think it can be an attractive style, but it's not common for women in their twenties.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should say "Your love for other people's money is real...it doesn't matter who they are, just how much money they can give you." 

Erin looks really pretty with her hair down like that.  Did Carson or Brooklyn have dark hair like Everly does? I can't remember....

Made the mistake of checking out their church's website after googling the hashtag on the family photo.  (It's clear springs baptist church; I won't post their link.  I just refuse.)  Just let me tell you that I made it all the way to the very end of their "who we are" section before the hatred and misogyny betrayed itself.  Such a pretty picture these "Christians" paint.  It's ugly under the surface.

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Erin looks really pretty with her hair down like that.  Did Carson or Brooklyn have dark hair like Everly does? I can't remember....

Carson did I believe but Erin also had really dark hair as a baby. Everly looks alot like her from the one picture I saw on an old special. also new picture of EVy

UMMMMM.  Isn't it a sin to lie?  Because NO ONE loves every single minute of being a Mommy.  It is the most difficult and thankless job on earth.  Give it a rest, Erin. 

Am I the only one who finds that incredibly grating?  Bish, please.  Keep it real. 

Carson was born in May of 2015. I doubt she has much time to hold Everly unless by hold she means baby wearing or she is getting a lot of help.

1 hour ago, Ali said:

Carson was born in May of 2015. I doubt she has much time to hold Everly unless by hold she means baby wearing or she is getting a lot of help.

I doubt that baby is ever put down. if she's not in Erin's arms I'm sure they are over at the big house and she's in Kelly's arms or an aunt or Uncle but I would bet Erin is baby wearing. 

On 6/18/2018 at 12:31 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

newest Cherin family photo. 

It's a nice picture of them, but that background/the props they use just betray their typical misogyny. Because OF COURSE Brooklyn, a mere girl, is a "damsel in distress," while Carson, a penis-owner, is daddy's sidekick. Gag.

12 hours ago, JillyO said:

It's a nice picture of them, but that background/the props they use just betray their typical misogyny. Because OF COURSE Brooklyn, a mere girl, is a "damsel in distress," while Carson, a penis-owner, is daddy's sidekick. Gag.

It's at their church, Clear Springs Baptist Church, which tells you everything you need to know. 

Did they ever state why they don't attend the church that Gil has planted and where he calls himself a preacher?

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

Did they ever state why they don't attend the church that Gil has planted and where he calls himself a preacher?

well their views are probably fundamentally the same. I think Chad and Erin are really trying to distance themselves from Gothard. she once stated on her IG that they don't follow him. 

well their views are probably fundamentally the same. I think Chad and Erin are really trying to distance themselves from Gothard. she once stated on her IG that they don't follow him. 

I have a few friends who have family members who are pastors (siblings and parents). Each of them have chosen to attend services elsewhere because they don’t want to just be viewed as “pastors sister” or “pastors son” and want to have an independent church experience. I don’t know if that’s the case with Cherin though. Maybe they wanted a bigger church with more opportunities for events. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

This story keeps getting repeated and keeps needing to be clarified.  What Erin actually said was some weasely words that attempted to distance the whole family from the disgraced Gothard.  Not from IBLP.  

Gothard the man has been rejected and deposed from IBLP with prejudice, but IBLP still preaches his poison.  

Erin and Chad *may* not still support the ministry of IBLP, but Gil Bates and Stephen Paine are still on the Board of Directors and controlling IBLP.   And they are obviously not estranged from their fathers.

Here's what she said:

"You have a beautiful family," Instagram user rosequartzlioness wrote. "If you and your husband ever want out of the ATI-lifestyle, there's many of us willing to lend you a hand."

"@rosequartzlioness you're so kind! We are not affiliated with the ministry or Mr. Gothard in anyway at all, nor do we support. Thank you for your concern. May God richly bless you! :)" Bates responded.

"@chad_erinpaine aren't both of your fathers on the IBLP board? And your new brother in law works for it as well? Just wondering. Regardless, you guys are adorable and seem incredibly sweet. God Bless," wrote caro_cline.

"So your family is no longer following ATI? Interesting! Would love to hear more about your views and which church you guys belong to!" asked cottoncandytotes.

Bates made it clear that she was only speaking for herself and her husband, not her father, in-laws or any other family members.

"I am speaking solely for Chad and I!" she responded. "Each family makes their own decisions. But for us, we do not support or encourage. Blessings! :)"

No, but they have joined a church that has very similar and poisonous beliefs.  Also note that ATI is the homeschooling wing of IBLP.  Erin and Chad are not homeschooling (kids too young) so have no need to use ATI.  Yet.  Weasel words.

Lawson then joins the conversation with more weasel words and a lie.

Here is the lie:

"IBLP & ATI [Advanced Training Institute] are no longer affiliated with Mr Gothard," he wrote. "ALL of us make our own decisions & follow Jesus Christ. People will always let you down. Christ never will. My dad joined the board only around 2 years ago & was as unaware of accusations as anyone.

Make that closer to 3.5 years, Lawson.  Gil Bates was deeply involved in IBLP before he joined the board.  He joined the board in 2013 and was well aware of the accusations before the scandal broke in 2014.

https://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1113745/two-bringing-up-bates-stars-denounce-duggar-family-ministry

I know we've seen plenty of pictures of Erin's home life before, but something about that photo just really drove home how much she has on her plate .

Those are three really little kids. And probably more on the way. I'm tired just looking at the picture. 

16 hours ago, ophelia said:

When Erin was attending Crown College, part of the program was going to the affiliated church.  I think she liked it and she and Chad kept going there.

Brooklyn is holding Everly's hand and Carson is sleeping; pretty much how it goes in fundie households. :P 

On 6/21/2018 at 8:52 PM, Coconut Flan said:

When Erin was attending Crown College, part of the program was going to the affiliated church.  I think she liked it and she and Chad kept going there.

Agree. It is nothing sinister or indicative of a move away from IBLP teachings. It’s a college affiliated church full of younger married people and kids. 

We have to realize IBLP is not a single church or denomination. Very simply put, it is a guidebook and a series of principles and a lifestyle structure. You can go many types of churches and use IBLP materials and concepts. It is not so much doctrine but how to live your doctrine. ATI is schooling for kids. IBLP is schooling for grown ups.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did Erin and Alyssa accidentally switch babies? That child looks so much like Allie. 

0C00D54D-19F7-4CF5-87D4-3ED9866B8B27.png

If anyone has forgotten, here is Allie at a similar age to Everley, from Alyssa's Instagram:

Spoiler

20180624_231953.thumb.png.82678a83309a3a81cdc07b892087c54f.png

This is a photo of young Erin I've shared before where I think she has a resemblance to Allie at a similar age:

Spoiler

Bates_1992.jpg.f9791b7e86f228e60007010a4a2df83a.jpg

It's so funny how genes work!

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did Erin and Alyssa accidentally switch babies? That child looks so much like Allie. 

0C00D54D-19F7-4CF5-87D4-3ED9866B8B27.png

I was thinking the same thing this morning!!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived