IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

8 minutes ago, VaSportsMom said:

The pics are gorgeous and I actually like Erin but these posts full of emojis are annoying AF 

Hide contents

96C0C783-B1C2-4EC2-862D-2042DF35D75A.thumb.png.6497ad7b5281726dd23cb06309b0475b.png

Very tween-ish imo. Too cutesy for me. 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, fluffernutter said:

erin and Jessa seem to both do this a lot I honestly have no clue why

1 minute ago, fluffernutter said:

Yes! When my preteen nieces do it I remind myself that they will outgrow this stage soon enough and move on but when a grown woman does it my eyes are likely to become stuck in the back of my head. 

Just now, VaSportsMom said:

Yes! When my preteen nieces do it I remind myself that they will outgrow this stage soon enough and move on but when a grown woman does it my eyes are likely to become stuck in the back of my head. 

remember these aren't normal adult women, these are  women who couldn't even have social media until they were married. (At least the Bates have eased up on that and their other teens are allowed social media.) 

39 minutes ago, VaSportsMom said:

The pics are gorgeous and I actually like Erin but these posts full of emojis are annoying AF 

Reveal hidden contents

96C0C783-B1C2-4EC2-862D-2042DF35D75A.thumb.png.6497ad7b5281726dd23cb06309b0475b.png

Erin reminds me of the song "Look at me I'm Sandra Dee". Oh look I love the Lordddd, I have a perfect life, perfect cottage, perfect hot godly husband, perfect cute children, everything is purrrrrfect. 

Annoying af (to me).

The girls look miserable in those photos. Like they were taken during nap time.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The girls look miserable in those photos. Like they were taken during nap time.

I'm sure it can be really difficult to take pictures of kids so young and have all them happy at the same time. In addition, Chad looks really tired, which makes me think that they weren't free to schedule the photoshot and maybe they had to do it really early/late/after a hard day. In fact, all Bates couples were pictured that  day, so it must have taken hours! 

Erin always look happy, maybe she is naturally content or maybe she is like Kelly (who seem not to care about anything).

I always see Brook miserable, except sometimes when she is  with Carson. I hope she's a loved daughter, but I suffer for non-smiling fundie kids, because they may be seen as rebellious and be beaten as a consequence. 

It seems like there were a lot of photos taken too. So they may have just been completely over it. :( Poor kids, it's always a photoshoot with the Bateseseses. 

18 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

remember these aren't normal adult women, these are  women who couldn't even have social media until they were married. (At least the Bates have eased up on that and their other teens are allowed social media.) 

Yeah, I say this a lot about Jill Duggar, but other young women their age will have learned how to use social media, and had friends to say "Honey, no" - and been able to basically Delete Fucking Everything at key stages (going to 6th form college, university, hell, even a new year at uni) and reinvent themselves.  They'll have gone through the excitement of using emojis as teens (like I went through the stages of using multi-coloured ink, elaborately curly-tailed letters and (kill me now) hearts over the letter i), and learned what makes a good post or not - but the older Bateses/Duggars have been so sheltered, they weren't allowed social media til they were Courting at least.  If anything, it's amazing Jessa Duggar is so good at it. 

(I think it's probably made harder to learn about because they have the TV audiences, so they will always get a ton of likes and comments on even the most WTF post, and they'll assume anyone who disagrees is persecuting them.  It's not like equivalent women in their early/mid 20s who have learned what kinds of posts their audiences like, and got into fights and realised that eg it's better to be authentic than chase likes.  I really feel for them, because they're so hampered, relative to their age group)

13 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm sure it can be really difficult to take pictures of kids so young and have all them happy at the same time. In addition, Chad looks really tired, which makes me think that they weren't free to schedule the photoshot and maybe they had to do it really early/late/after a hard day. In fact, all Bates couples were pictured that  day, so it must have taken hours! 

Erin always look happy, maybe she is naturally content or maybe she is like Kelly (who seem not to care about anything).

I always see Brook miserable, except sometimes when she is  with Carson. I hope she's a loved daughter, but I suffer for non-smiling fundie kids, because they may be seen as rebellious and be beaten as a consequence. 

It’s very hard. My grandparents had a professional photographer at their anniversary party and it was tough getting just two toddlers to look at the camera for posed shots - getting them to smile was pretty much out of the question. They were much happier once they were able to explore the area and we hope the photographer got some cute photos of them at that point. I’d guess that the kids would have all looked happier had they been able to wander around rather than pose, but that’s just a guess and maybe they did do some unposed candid shots too. 

On 7/21/2018 at 6:52 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

here are the pictures that go with the post. I must say she played footsie ohh Erin was that before marriage. (That's what it sounds like LOL) and this from a couple who didn't even hold hands till they got engaged. 

Why was I thinking that C&E did it IFBx style- no touching until marriage?

2 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Why was I thinking that C&E did it IFBx style- no touching until marriage?

Because I’m pretty sure that’s what’s been stated in the past. Either we’ve misinterpreted when they started playing footsie, they lied about not touching, or they’re lying now to try and present a more normal image.

45 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Because I’m pretty sure that’s what’s been stated in the past. Either we’ve misinterpreted when they started playing footsie, they lied about not touching, or they’re lying now to try and present a more normal image.

Actually, no.  The Bateses eased up on requirements after the Zack and Sara Reith courtship went kaput.  The parents still officially want them to save the first kiss for marriage (unless they are Zack and Whit) but the strict no touch rules went out of the window then.  Although Erin and Chad "chose" to be chaperoned, we've noticed many times that the Bates couples are pretty snuggly during the courtshipfriendship , getting to know you stage, and downright huggy during engagement.  I was too idle to look up Kelly's posts but here's someone quoting her way back in 2013.   https://raisingservantsofchrist.com/2013/12/05/kelly-bates-talks-courtship-the-bates-family-views/

The "playing footsie" thing from Erin is very interesting, however. 

Playing footsie was one of the things Bill Gothard used to do to his victims.  He claimed it was mere affection and had no sexual connotations at all.  None at all! No sir!

It could perhaps reflect IBLP twisted thinking.  Footsie = nonsexual affection.  Kissing and hugging before marriage = very bad. 

41 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Maybe they think footsie isn't touching if you keep your shoes on : )

Josiah helped enforce their courting rules back in the day: https://goo.gl/images/DFHM3p

24 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Actually, no.  The Bateses eased up on requirements after the Zack and Sara Reith courtship went kaput.  The parents still officially want them to save the first kiss for marriage (unless they are Zack and Whit) but the strict no touch rules went out of the window then.  Although Erin and Chad "chose" to be chaperoned, we've noticed many times that the Bates couples are pretty snuggly during the courtshipfriendship , getting to know you stage, and downright huggy during engagement.  I was too idle to look up Kelly's posts but here's someone quoting her way back in 2013.   https://raisingservantsofchrist.com/2013/12/05/kelly-bates-talks-courtship-the-bates-family-views/

The "playing footsie" thing from Erin is very interesting, however. 

Playing footsie was one of the things Bill Gothard used to do to his victims.  He claimed it was mere affection and had no sexual connotations at all.  None at all! No sir!

It could perhaps reflect IBLP twisted thinking.  Footsie = nonsexual affection.  Kissing and hugging before marriage = very bad. 

I could have sworn Cherin had very strict standards for touching. I’m pretty sure they didn’t hug or hold hands prior to their engagement. I could be wrong, but I could swear Kelly mentioned something like that at some point. :pb_lol:

And the footsie bit grossed me out a little, specifically because my immediate thoughts were of Gothard. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I know they at least held hands because you can see a clip of them holding hands as he leads her up to the gazebo right before he proposes. I believe that was the first time they had held hands. 

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I could have sworn Cherin had very strict standards for touching. I’m pretty sure they didn’t hug or hold hands prior to their engagement. I could be wrong, but I could swear Kelly mentioned something like that at some point. :pb_lol:

And the footsie bit grossed me out a little, specifically because my immediate thoughts were of Gothard. 

I don't remember either.  It seems so long ago.  It is possible that Chad and Erin toed the no-touch line prior to engagement because they were both JTTH leaders and were setting an example. 

Later Bates relationships seem to have deep-sixed that rule though.  I felt thoroughly defrauded by the younger crowd.  :pb_lol:

24 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I don't remember either.  It seems so long ago.  It is possible that Chad and Erin toed the no-touch line prior to engagement because they were both JTTH leaders and were setting an example. 

Later Bates relationships seem to have deep-sixed that rule though.  I felt thoroughly defrauded by the younger crowd.  :pb_lol:

I think that all started with Micheal and the front hugs. as Micheal said she hugged everyone she wasn't not going to hug Brandon. and from there the Bates just had to loosen the rules. Bobby and Tori are the ones who really seemed to push it. during that eclipse they were both smoshed into that chair she might as well have been sitting on his lap. 

I can't remember where I read it/saw it: Erin said how exciting it was to hold hands when they got engaged, what a special feeling it was when Chad took her hand to propose to her. It reminded me of a scene in 'The Age if Innocence'. I think she may have been speaking to the older Duggar sisters on the episode of 19 kids when the women went camping and left JB and Gil in charge of the younger kids. Definitely no handholding before engagement for those two. The Bates' rules have been loosened up a whole lot since then.

Here is the pic I linked to earlier. I apologize for it just showing up as a link.

image.png.77920d8ab67f564ae396ce73d6f3d2e9.png

I think Kelly mentioned on BUB they used to have a six inch rule but every time the couples have been getting closer and closer 

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think Kelly mentioned on BUB they used to have a six inch rule but every time the couples have been getting closer and closer 

Apparently the six inch rule (if Kelly wasn't joking) went away with Sarah Reith.

Kelly has wiped the blog of incriminating evidence but we have her descriptions of Erin and Chad, and Zach and Whit documented here (scroll down for screen shots):

So Erin and Chad only side hugged for courtship and saved holding hands and front hugs until engagement.  They did pose for "cute photos" with their arms around each other while fully chaperoned when still courting.  

Zach and Whit front hugged at courtship because they were pre-engaged yada yada.  And, as we know, they kissed prior to marriage.

Front hugging during getting to know you courtship may have started with Michael but I seem to remember Alyssa and John getting very cuddly prior to engagement.

Erin and Brooklyn wore matching dresses and went on a mother-daughter date. 

Those are cute dresses! Glad that Brooklyn got a little one on one time with Erin.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived