IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

Continued from here:

Thanks to @Ivycoveredtowerfor posting this photo of the family with new baby:

65A3A95E-4E27-4EBB-8E59-E4C609430534.thumb.jpeg.a9f2a0a91a21afda0de3ed1508505b3c.jpeg

According to the article in Us Magazine, Everly Hope was born on 30th March (which makes her about 48 hours younger than Alyssa’s baby, Zoey), weighing 5lb 4oz and 18” long. 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as no one is sick and everyone is clean and has clean hands I see no problem with lots of people holding the baby. Not what I would want for myself but there are lots of cultures where this is an important part to welcome the baby into the family and show their love for them. If a family is so focused on children I get why they do it and while I believe Erin is tired she seems like the type of person to enjoy that. 

Now, how the baby reacts to all the action is a different question. But as most babies from cultures with big family parties in the delivery room do fine I am sure newborns can deal with it in general.

So it really comes down to personal preference.

Erin just posted some more pics of Everly. She looks so different from Carson and Brooklyn and she has a full head of black hair. I wonder if it will lighten up. I am glad she had a healthy birth. I worried about her having a 3rd child.

Someone in the last thread said Erin is wearing false eyelashes in that photo above... how can one tell? I would guess a lot of mascara but not falsies.

In my country it’s now common to have  the whooping cough vaccine before holding a new born baby because there was an epidemic and a few babies ended up dying so the parents started a huge campaign about it. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, you have to wait till the baby is a bit older to hold them. As a result babies don’t get held by a whole lot of people when they’re in their first days.

Here's Everly with the dark hair. Either she will have darker hair like Chad, or it will fall out and come in a different color! My hair was red as a baby (my mom wrote to one relative that I was going to have red-hair like Aunt so-and-so), but then during the first year it fell out and grew in blonde. I could see something similar happening with Everly. 

I think Everly has a Bates look, but not like Erin or her siblings.  I'd say Brooklyn is looking more and more like Chad.

I had black hair when I was born, then it grew in light brown.  Another family member came in blond.  Others stayed dark...so I suspect that black hair as a newborn isn't much of an indicator of future hair color. 

Just for some comparison, here is aphoto of newborn Carson. His hair is quite dark, bit lightens up significantly by about 5 months old.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-04-01-19-41-51.thumb.png.2ded44ef487b9e2ead8a97373f8fee70.png

Screenshot_2018-04-01-19-44-45.thumb.png.1879e9360183fe30549a4120c0693c25.png

The next two photos are of Carson and Bradley at few months old, and then meeting Everly. Carson's hair is obviously darker, but I'd still call it blonde.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-04-01-19-42-02.thumb.png.1d5f50bc7fbe58b4cd2f191894758f66.png

Screenshot_2018-04-01-19-49-33.thumb.png.bd0420092df1d537676ee0c8ad3dd35c.png

So I guess it's a bit unpredictable which way her hair will go! For all we know Chad was blonde as a child and his hair darkened with age.

9 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

In my country it’s now common to have  the whooping cough vaccine before holding a new born baby because there was an epidemic and a few babies ended up dying so the parents started a huge campaign about it. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, you have to wait till the baby is a bit older to hold them. As a result babies don’t get held by a whole lot of people when they’re in their first days.

I’m in the states and this is the approach my sister and I both took with our kids. Our dad doesn’t get vaccinated and I like to joke it’s because he got so many while serving in the Marines. He’s never been comfortable holding very young babies, so he hasn’t had an issue with not holding them until they get their first real round of vaccinations. He’s more than content to admire them from a safe distance. Lol!

And there have been recent pushes to get adults vaccinated against Whooping Cough here as well. I remember that Sarah Michelle Geller (an actress) was involved with one when her kids were a bit younger.

5 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Here's Everly with the dark hair. Either she will have darker hair like Chad, or it will fall out and come in a different color! My hair was red as a baby (my mom wrote to one relative that I was going to have red-hair like Aunt so-and-so), but then during the first year it fell out and grew in blonde. I could see something similar happening with Everly. 

My daughter had black hair as a newborn. Most of it fell out when she was a few months old and it grew back very close to the color of my hair (lighter brown.) My nephew had dark hair at birth before it all fell out. It grew back a reddish color that looks blonde if it grows out long enough. My sister and I find their hair colors hysterical because her hair was always super dark and mine was blonde as a kid, so we honestly didn’t expect the opposite for our kids. :pb_lol:

Yeah too bad Erin will not stare at Everly forever, only until the next blessing arrives. I wonder for how long they will be able to convince themselves that each child is getting the time and attention they need. But they'll probably just put sister moms/aunts in charge. Fortunately there are plenty available.

Count me in among the people who hate the dolled up look right after childbirth. It's just another false image these people are trying to create and leghumpers eat it up like nothing else. I don't even think Erin looks great, she looks puffy and somewhat exhausted (duh, she just gave birth) but with some serious hair and make-up effort to cover that up. Gotta look like popping out babies for jesus is super glam ya'll.

I honestly can't decide who Everly looks like. Maybe it will become more clear as she grows. My niece had hair like hers and it's now blonde and probably always will be.

I was another baby born with lots of black hair who had it fall out and come back in blonde after a few months.

Newborns never really look like anyone to me. They're too fresh out of the oven, (if we are going with the bun in the oven analogy) for me to see much of anyone in them. When they get a bit older, it's easier to see. 

I was born with really dark, almost black hair like my father but it turned into a quite dark ash blonde which I had until my teens when it turned light brown. Now I am more medium brown with grey streaks. I have dyed my hair blonde now though so I look a lot like my oldest brother who was a very light ash blonde for most of his life until he one day had grey hair. The change was so gradual we didn't notice until the transformation was complete. My other brothers and sister, like me have various shades of brown from light to dark. Our dad as I said had black hair and our mother a kind of ashy dark brown hair. 

My daughter had reddish hair but it turned light blonde and is now turning again towards a more ashy blonde now around six years of age. My son has and has always had blond hair. Their dad has dark blonde to light brown hair but is quite grey at this point.

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Newborns never really look like anyone to me. They're too fresh out of the oven, (if we are going with the bun in the oven analogy) for me to see much of anyone in them. When they get a bit older, it's easier to see. 

I agree, they mostly just look like babies to me. Even my own didn't really look like anyone to me. They were extra cute in my view but still very much just babies. With my daughter I did notice she had my nose and my broad shoulders and thought "poor kid" about the shoulders part. Even when I wore size small in stretchy clothes I had to buy jackets size large or XL to fit my shoulders and broad chest into them (and by chest I mean the bony part, not that I have big tits). Now when I am an actual L to XL I can still use the jackets from when I was skinny.

13 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Someone in the last thread said Erin is wearing false eyelashes in that photo above... how can one tell? I would guess a lot of mascara but not falsies.

It's most likely just mascara. Erin seems to have gotten lucky in the eyelash department:

eyelashes.PNG.9cf50ebec51ec644d5fa08f02b798adf.PNG

Falsies tend to have a 'smoother' look to them, unless they've been used multiple times and not cleaned properly. And if that was the case, the band would be more noticeable. That's my hot detective take on it. :auto-mysterymachine: 

I think Everly looks just like the Bates boy with dark hair--Isaiah I think? 

Just wanted to say how I just recently learned that babies hair falls out and it actually really shocked me for a little bit! The family I babysit, the children are biracial and the eldest had the curliest thickest black hair I have ever seen but now it's just a dark kept short wavy brown hair. It's so interesting!

I was born early (not quite as early as Everly) and I also had a full head of black hair, but like... three times as much hair as Everly, haha. Then according to my mother it all fell out and grew back in... very dark brown. I have no idea why it happens but apparently it's pretty common!

Maybe with baby number 4 the bow will be bigger than the kid... I'm almost disappointed it's only half the size of Everly's face.

12 minutes ago, victoriasponge said:

Maybe with baby number 4 the bow will be bigger than the kid... I'm almost disappointed it's only half the size of Everly's face.

no lets hope 4 is a boy. it's bad enough Erin has two back to back sister moms in the making. 

On the eyelash topic: she could have those fake lashes that stay on. Is it called eyelash fillers? I think it has to be refilled every three months or so? One of those things I am too scared to try because I heard from some people they have to continue doing it because their own lashes got thinner through it and now they really need the fake ones. 

I had a head full of dark hair when I was born. Lost all of it in the months afterwards and stayed bald until I was 18 months out. My mother was seriously freaking out that I'll never have hair. Nowadays I have a head full of dark brown hair :-)

I had dark hair too. Went bald and came back very very light blond. They have become darker since my teenage years till I reached an ashy blonde. Right now, I have them dyed red. Was very surprised how natural it looks with my skin. 

New Everly pic and according to the Ellie blog mom and baby went home from the hospital yesterday

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived