IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

This is totally BEC but I hate Katie's dress. It looks institutional.  Or like a denim sack.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/18/2018 at 12:31 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

newest Cherin family photo. 

I know I'm being 12 but I can't stop giggling at the popcorn-fart cloud coming from Chad's backside...  oh, from Erin too, I didn't see those at first! :lol:

22 hours ago, HereticHick said:

This is totally BEC but I hate Katie's dress. It looks institutional.  Or like a denim sack.

I only like it because it looks comfy. I’ve been longing for Mrs. Roper muumuus lately. 

BUB posted this video of Chad & Erin getting ready for Baby Everly. I just don’t understand their house, and how they’re able to function as a family with now 3 littles, in that tiny space, without it looking more chaotic, and, well, lived in.  Every time I see pictures of their house it looks like a page out of a magazine.  Where are the kids’ toys?  Where are the baskets of laundry?  Where are the giant value size boxes of diapers and wipes?   Where is the stray sock or sippy cup or piece of mail (that’s not a love letter clothespinned to chicken wire)?  Maybe my lack of comprehension is simply due to the fact that my husband and I are still very much in Remedial Level Housekeeping, and our decor style is made up of whatever random hand-me-downs we’ve managed to acquire.  So maybe someone whose actually good at these things can comment.  How is it possible?

2 hours ago, sparrow said:

BUB posted this video of Chad & Erin getting ready for Baby Everly. I just don’t understand their house, and how they’re able to function as a family with now 3 littles, in that tiny space, without it looking more chaotic, and, well, lived in.  Every time I see pictures of their house it looks like a page out of a magazine.  Where are the kids’ toys?  Where are the baskets of laundry?  Where are the giant value size boxes of diapers and wipes?   Where is the stray sock or sippy cup or piece of mail (that’s not a love letter clothespinned to chicken wire)?  Maybe my lack of comprehension is simply due to the fact that my husband and I are still very much in Remedial Level Housekeeping, and our decor style is made up of whatever random hand-me-downs we’ve managed to acquire.  So maybe someone whose actually good at these things can comment.  How is it possible?

I’ve thought about this and I’ve come to the conclusion that:

1) Erin will get rid of anything she’s not currently using. And by “rid” I even include storage in an outbuilding. They have at least one out building I believe. So I imagine it’s fairly full. 

2) she spends a decent amount of time at the Bates home. Her kids probably make a lot of their messes there. 

3) Chad is a helpful fundie husband. Therefore I think it’s pretty unlikely that he would walk past a mess in their house and not pick it up. 

Erin saying over and over again how much she's missed having a newborn makes me think that they're definitely not going to be slowing down the baby train anytime soon.

14 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Erin saying over and over again how much she's missed having a newborn makes me think that they're definitely not going to be slowing down the baby train anytime soon.

My guess has always been that they will baby after baby until they have some major scare (Erin’s health) and then they will finally decide they “might” look into birth control options.

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve thought about this and I’ve come to the conclusion that:

1) Erin will get rid of anything she’s not currently using. And by “rid” I even include storage in an outbuilding. They have at least one out building I believe. So I imagine it’s fairly full. 

2) she spends a decent amount of time at the Bates home. Her kids probably make a lot of their messes there. 

3) Chad is a helpful fundie husband. Therefore I think it’s pretty unlikely that he would walk past a mess in their house and not pick it up. 

4) They have a good amount of land and the probably kids play outside a lot. That likely helps cut down on indoor messes.

5) They’ve blanket trained them into being perfect little angels at all times. 

(I know Cherin come across as very loving and involved parents, but even loving and involved parents can make shitty choices. I don’t like thinking any of these people blanket train or are physically abusive, but given the way they were raised it is a possibility.)

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

4) They have a good amount of land and the probably kids play outside a lot. That likely helps cut down on indoor messes.

5) They’ve blanket trained them into being perfect little angels at all times. 

(I know Cherin come across as very loving and involved parents, but even loving and involved parents can make shitty choices. I don’t like thinking any of these people blanket train or are physically abusive, but given the way they were raised it is a possibility.)

My inkling is that Erin doesn’t blanket train YET. I’ve always figured they do spank though. But I have this feeling that a lot of the second gen think they won’t need to blanket train but then when they are completely overwhelmed by having too many, they will give in and start blanket training. I don’t know. I just think these second gen fundie girls go into marriage thinking everything will be ideal and reality doesn’t actually hit them until they have quite a few under 5. Erin may start blanket training now with Everly. But I doubt she bothered blanket training Carson. He’s her BFF ya know. :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

Gosh Erin and Chad make me feel insecure. Erin always looks pretty despite having babies. I showered for the first time during the day while Baby Pearl was awake recently and she screamed to be held and it made me feel I was harming her for attempting to apply deodorant and lotion. How does Erin do hair and makeup? How does she accomplish meals? I'd love a more inside look at their daily lives. I do get the basics accomplished such as dish washing and laundry but grooming and or exercise? Heck no. *Hangs head in shame*

3 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Gosh Erin and Chad make me feel insecure. Erin always looks pretty despite having babies. I showered for the first time during the day while Baby Pearl was awake recently and she screamed to be held and it made me feel I was harming her for attempting to apply deodorant and lotion. How does Erin do hair and makeup? How does she accomplish meals? I'd love a more inside look at their daily lives. I do get the basics accomplished such as dish washing and laundry but grooming and or exercise? Heck no. *Hangs head in shame*

I remember being the same when I had little babies. I had to stick the bouncy seat in the bathroom while I showered so I could talk to the baby the whole time. I would wave to them and sing so they wouldn’t cry while I showered. But most of the time I just showered after they went to bed in the evening with the baby monitor on. Because it was just easier than entertaining a baby while showering. 

Oh my goodness when they had this picture and headline in the instagram story I thought they were announcing Baby #4 and was like WTF. Thank God it's just the show catching up on Baby #3.

image.png.74013e02c70e57ff47ed849c151d3764.png

6 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Most parents struggle with this. You can’t take anything these people share as absolute reality because it’s only a very small sample of their normal lives. A few possible scenarios:

1. Erin spends most days without makeup, her hair dirty, and in her version of sweats. She only gussies up on days they film or when they go to Church/out somewhere.

2. Erin purposely ignores her screaming children while she takes her time showering and getting rest. 

3. Erin has had so many years getting her beauty routine down that she can make herself look nice in next to no time.

4. Chad manages the kids so she can get ready.

5. Someone from her parents’ house comes over in a regular basis to help out. 

6. Her kids are just good about staying occupied while she gets ready. 

7. She gets ready before any of them wake up.

There are likely other possibilities, but you get the idea. Social media and reality television never tell the full story. Try not to compare yourself or your life to their’s. 

Unlike some other people we follow, Erin is very aware of straightening and cleaning before any photos or videos are made IMO.  Plus @VelociRapturehas it down.  My own daughter looked absolutely together when people came over or she left the house and even made a couple of court appearances in the first two months after both babies.  Her secret?  I spent most of the first two months with each baby with them so she had a baby watcher plus an extra set of hands to get up at night or take over when she and her husband reached the ends of their ropes.  I was happy to do it, but it would have given anyone watching a skewed view of the situation.  

Thinking back on it, I was there for most of four months after the second child.  I enjoyed it, but made sure they knew I'd go home at any time if my presence outweighed my usefulness.  It helps that they live in a tri-level so grandson and I were in our own space upstairs when the granddaughter was born.

Yeah, Erin is definitely going to keep having baby after baby until she can't. She misses holding a newborn? That was only a year ago Erin. Its not like its been five or ten years since then.  

I'm one of these newborn lovers. I was over the moon with my newborns and I had never felt better than after having birth to my sons. I find newborns sooo lovely even if they cry. But every.single.parent knows that the newborn stage lasts for just several weeks. And then, you have a (also lovely) baby, then a toddler, then a child, then a teenager, then a young adult and most of these 20 (or more) years these grown up newborns are a huge expense and need looots of quality time. 

It's beyond ridiculous to keep having babies just to enjoy the newborn weeks. It makes no sense to me. 

If Erin loves newborns so much, she should stop having her own and get a nursing degree. That way she can hold newborns every day of work until retirement. That’s what my sister the newborn lover does. 

But we all know Erin won’t do that. 

I like the 3-5 month stage. They're smiley but still like to be cuddled. They roll and army crawl. All I can think of during the newborn stage is how much sleep I didn't get. No thank you.   

23 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

My son is 10 weeks old and I wanted you to know you are not alone. I struggle everyday to reconcile where the time has gone and what I have actually accomplished. I go back to work in 2 weeks and I’m terrified about what will become of my home. We are doing our best. We are NORMAL. Don’t get down yourself. I know in my heart that it will get easier. 

8 minutes ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

My son is 10 weeks old and I wanted you to know you are not alone. I struggle everyday to reconcile where the time has gone and what I have actually accomplished. I go back to work in 2 weeks and I’m terrified about what will become of my home. We are doing our best. We are NORMAL. Don’t get down yourself. I know in my heart that it will get easier. 

It's so hard to adjust to the mode of "I've fed the baby, fed myself, we are all still alive" as being an accomplishment for the day, especially if you've been used to getting a feeling of productivity and satisfaction from work/life/whatever... But you have accomplished things in these 10 weeks, I promise you. 

My daughter will be 19 months old in a few days and I have the WORST baby fever now. My OBGYN advised that we wait 18 months between pregnancies due to my miscarriage and my daughter’s premature birth, so once we hit that point I really started missing the baby days. Luckily, I have a nephew arriving next month and that should help ease my baby fever until my thyroid gets it’s act together and we get the ok to start trying.

That said, there’s a lot of awesome and not so fun stuff about each stage. I miss Velocitoddler’s baby days, but I definitely don’t miss the sleep deprivation or having to nurse/pump/clean all the bottles of formula. Likewise, the tantrums are SO real now that she’s a toddler and she’s ridiculously stubborn about everything. I’m loving how curious and active she is now though. And if I’m honest, I also love how stubborn and how firmly she “states” her opinions. I’m still looking forward to experiencing the newborn stage again, but I’m also really savoring this current stage of my daughter’s life too. 

My baby is 5 weeks old right now. I always told myself I wouldn’t be the mom who stops cleaning or washing her hair just cause she’s tired. Well here I am :pb_lol: My house looks normal. But I was the type I vacuum daily and all that before she was born. Right now I’m just happy if my baby is happy. I figure that’s a good standard. I go back to school in the fall so I’m sure more of a routine will happen then. I look at Erin and realize that a lot of it is to look good for social media, I’m sure. But she also grew up in chaos and maybe functions well in it. I, on the other hand, was raised as an only child and I’m finding one baby to be enough of challenge for me. Sleep seems like a distant memory haha 

1 hour ago, mstee said:

My baby is 5 weeks old right now. I always told myself I wouldn’t be the mom who stops cleaning or washing her hair just cause she’s tired. Well here I am :pb_lol: My house looks normal. But I was the type I vacuum daily and all that before she was born. Right now I’m just happy if my baby is happy. I figure that’s a good standard. I go back to school in the fall so I’m sure more of a routine will happen then. I look at Erin and realize that a lot of it is to look good for social media, I’m sure. But she also grew up in chaos and maybe functions well in it. I, on the other hand, was raised as an only child and I’m finding one baby to be enough of challenge for me. Sleep seems like a distant memory haha 

Excellent point that I didn’t think of before. 

And sleep seems like it will never come. My child is sooo gassy. Poor guy is always farting himself awake and in such discomfort. 

17 minutes ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Excellent point that I didn’t think of before. 

And sleep seems like it will never come. My child is sooo gassy. Poor guy is always farting himself awake and in such discomfort. 

Poor baby! Have you tried Windi Baby by Fridababy? Kind of an odd product but it’s been a real lifesaver for my baby when she’s been gassy. 

1 hour ago, mstee said:

Poor baby! Have you tried Windi Baby by Fridababy? Kind of an odd product but it’s been a real lifesaver for my baby when she’s been gassy. 

I just bought it! I tried it once without very much luck but I’m going to try it again tonight Before bed because he’s been pretty uncomfortable today. Thanks for the rec!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived