IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I think they will need a bigger house soon.

I think they already need one. Like yesterday. :my_biggrin:

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they keep popping out children like they are, they will need a bigger house soon. Maybe Whitney will help them out with that! 

21 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

If they keep popping out children like they are, they will need a bigger house soon. Maybe Whitney will help them out with that! 

They could fill at least a few episodes with house hunting. 

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

They could fill at least a few episodes with house hunting. 

Didn't they do one episode like that already? I'm really surprised they haven't already bought a fixer upper and are working on it. Esp. now that Zach and Whit seem to be finishing up on their renovations.

I feel like Erin loves living in that small house. She did grow up in the 800 sq foot house with 8 kids, so maybe this is normal to her.

I can not fathom living that cramped.

Everly is also quite adorable. Compared to Zoey, she seems so much younger. Maybe it’s that the pictures Erin posted here don’t show Everly’s expressions. Alyssa really showed off Zoey’s adorable smile. 

11 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I feel like Erin loves living in that small house. She did grow up in the 800 sq foot house with 8 kids, so maybe this is normal to her.

I can not fathom living that cramped.

It's a shame they can't buy that place (its a rental) and add on to it--add a bath, bedroom & small laundry room and that would hold them for a while.

On 5/30/2018 at 1:49 AM, Oh_Dear! said:

Everly is also quite adorable. Compared to Zoey, she seems so much younger. Maybe it’s that the pictures Erin posted here don’t show Everly’s expressions. Alyssa really showed off Zoey’s adorable smile. 

Everly is four weeks younger than Zoey - she was born, I believe, just under the cutoff to be considered a preemie. So going by her gestational age, Everly could very well be closer to 1 month developmentally instead of 2 months. It’s pretty nornal for that to be the case with preemies. That could account for any differences there may be in development between the two. 

(Carson and Brooklyn were both born about four weeks early as well. Any differences in development between them and their similarly aged cousins wasn’t as noticeable though because they weren’t born within days of each other.)

Or she could just be less smiley than Zoey. Or, like you said, Erin may have missed getting good shots of Everly smiling while Alyssa managed to get a few.

Can someone please explain to me how the young Bates mom (Erin, Alyssa, Whitney) always have such perfectly done nails with 2-3 young children? I have one young toddler and in 19 months post-partum my nails have almost always been bare or with chipped polish, and I've had like 4 professional manicures. How do they have the time to do their nails?

My friend just showed me the magic of drugstore stick on nails. They look professional manicure worthy. Maybe it’s those? Or maybe they paint their nails after bedtime? 

Also, they’ve been raised that a woman’s appearance is one aspect of being godly. So there is nothing wrong with painting your nails as a new Mom, but they may have a different list of priorities than you.

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Can someone please explain to me how the young Bates mom (Erin, Alyssa, Whitney) always have such perfectly done nails with 2-3 young children? I have one young toddler and in 19 months post-partum my nails have almost always been bare or with chipped polish, and I've had like 4 professional manicures. How do they have the time to do their nails?

We really don't know how they raise their children. Maybe the fathers (or other relatives) are really envolved and it allows the mothers to have some free time. Or maybe beauty comes as a priority and they do their nails no matter the baby is crying or the dishes are dirty. Or they go to sleep late in order to have time for themselves (I confess I do it sometimes, while I don't recommend to do it, because next morning is really hard).

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

Just keep in mind that social media is edited content. And I don’t just mean for the Bateses or Duggars either (though their’s may be more edited then most regular people.) Many people use social media in a way that highlights their best moments and glosses over or ignores the less than perfect. There’s nothing necessarily wrong with that, but it can give a pretty distorted image of what someone’s life is really like. For example:

I post almost entirely about my toddler and my dog. Based only off my social media posts, you’d get the feeling that my kids are always happy and smiley and joys to be around. What you don’t see much of are the less than happy moments - the baby’s tantrums, the dog’s tantrums, and my tantrums when they push every single button I have one too many times. Like, for example, on Memorial Day when my daughter spent an entire afternoon screaming when I dared to not hold her at our friend’s party or when my dog tries to chew the coffee table corners because she’s a little jerk who gets jealous of the attention the toddler gets. :pb_lol:

Why don't I share more of that stuff? Because it’s embarrassing to lose your cool like that and I don’t share stuff my daughter may find upsetting or embarrassing in the future. I’d guess that these young moms likely deal with some similar stuff on a normal basis and they just choose not to share it for a variety of reasons, including wanting to present a very polished image in order to help promote the Family Brand. 

So... all that to say that you should try not to compare yourself to them because it’s not an accurate comparison. :) 

@VelociRapture That's kind of why I found Jessa's messy house posts so refreshing. I think she genuinely tried to be real and maybe was looking for some approval and comments that tell her it's normal and okay, which it is. Jessa seems to dote on her boys all the time and with two toddlers so close in age, I am sure she is dead-tired in the evening. Sometimes too tired to take out a pile  of diapers. The being media savvy and all that put aside...I liked Jessa for posting that. I tend to believe Jessa more than Erin, where everything is always portrayed as 100% perfect. 

12 hours ago, Pretzel said:

@VelociRapture That's kind of why I found Jessa's messy house posts so refreshing. I think she genuinely tried to be real and maybe was looking for some approval and comments that tell her it's normal and okay, which it is. Jessa seems to dote on her boys all the time and with two toddlers so close in age, I am sure she is dead-tired in the evening. Sometimes too tired to take out a pile  of diapers. The being media savvy and all that put aside...I liked Jessa for posting that. I tend to believe Jessa more than Erin, where everything is always portrayed as 100% perfect. 

Yes, I liked that post by Jessa as well. I think that some of the married Bates daughters and Jill Dillard have tried to mimic that type of post at times and been less successful. The Bates daughters (Erin and Alyssa) do a decent job, but their “real life” posts just strike me as staged and not entirely genuine to be honest. Jill does a better job with not coming across as staged, but she also sucks at marketing and lacks awareness. That makes a lot of her posts come across as weird or dangerous (and some are genuinely dangerous) - though, I did really enjoy that one post where she was like, “Shit! It’s too quiet! Where’s Izzy?! Shit! He found the diaper cream! Shit! It’s in his hair!” That one was pretty funny and relatable in my opinion.

@VelociRapture Ha, yes! That is a good observation. They've been trying to copy the 'keeping it real' factor of Jessa's post, but Jessa's post portrayed her reality at the time and wasn't something she could easily stage or exaggerate in order to appear more relatable. On top of that, Jessa has never pretended to be good at anything unless it's something she is //actually// good at. So when she posts about her reality, her messy house or inability to cook, it comes from a place of genuineness. When she uploads a recipe there's this underlying tone of 'Y'all know I can't cook but surprisingly this concoction turned out to be quite edible so... thought I'd share". It works for Jessa because she's never portrayed herself to be this perfect fundie housewife and that works in her favor. Everyone sees her progress and acknowledges it as a good thing. It doesn't work for the others because they are being viewed in light of the homemaking poster child image they've created of themselves, and their posts have an underlying tone of "You all know how perfect I usually am, but here's proof that I am only 99% perfect, ya know..!", so it works to their disadvantage. Jessa's posts come from a completely different place. Hope that makes sense. 

Weren't they all really into Jamberry at one point? (Is that still a thing?) Those don't take long to apply. 

I'm confused by Erin's latest Instagram post of their living room. Is this the same house they've always been in?

I wonder what she does with all the old furnishings everytime she redecorates? Passes it on to Tori et al? Sells it on Craigs List?

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm confused by Erin's latest Instagram post of their living room. Is this the same house they've always been in?

I wonder what she does with all the old furnishings everytime she redecorates? Passes it on to Tori et al? Sells it on Craigs List?

Erin responded to a fan in the comments:

chad_erinpaine@itsnotsusan this is our same house! One day we will move I know, but I’m kind of dreading that day, since I love it so much!

5 hours ago, Starrynight said:

Erin responded to a fan in the comments:

chad_erinpaine@itsnotsusan this is our same house! One day we will move I know, but I’m kind of dreading that day, since I love it so much!

I totally understand Erin in this respect. My kids were brought home from the hospital to the home we are still living in. I am extremely attached to it now that I have so many memories in it. My kids took their first steps here. They said their first words here. They ate their first real food here (and spit it out). I will be a hot fucking mess when we move out of this house. Our house is small but we can fit because we only have two kids. If Erin stopped right now, they could live there for many years to come. But she will have another baby (probably in 2020) and they won’t fit anymore. They will have to move and Erin will cry a lot. And I kind of feel bad for her. But then realize she’s making the choice not to use birth control. So she’s choosing to grow out of the house. 

Just now, HereticHick said:

I don't think she's redecorated too much recently. Just shifted some of the furniture around. This picture is from February and even though it's taken from a very different angle, it clearly shows the same rug, couch, and coffee table. The walls look the same color to me as well.

Although she did change some of the furniture between Christmas and February, so your overall point still stands:

That giant clock creeps me out. Its as if Flavor Flav morphed into a piece of basic white girl home decor.

I kind of like her style, but it is just too much. Too much knick knack lying around that would feel like clutter to me. But damn that sofa looks comfy AF.

@HereticHick thank you for your clock comment. I couldn't agree more. And might have peed into my pants a little bit. :D:D

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

I kind of like her style, but it is just too much. Too much knick knack lying around that would feel like clutter to me. But damn that sofa looks comfy AF.

@HereticHick thank you for your clock comment. I couldn't agree more. And might have peed into my pants a little bit. :D:D

„Too much” is the perfect description.

I like shabby chic, farmhouse style and beige/white/grey colours. But her combination is too much or too consequent for my taste.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived