IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

21 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Zach and Whit front hugged at courtship because they were pre-engaged yada yada.  And, as we know, they kissed prior to marriage.

Pre-Engaged? what do all these terms even mean? They make shit up as they go and it's incredibly annoying. Also, how did they manage to kiss if there were always chaperones around? Does that mean Zachney didn't have chaperones? Or did they do it in front of people?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Pre-Engaged? what do all these terms even mean? They make shit up as they go and it's incredibly annoying. Also, how did they manage to kiss if there were always chaperones around? Does that mean Zachney didn't have chaperones? Or did they do it in front of people?

remember that whit worked at I believe sonic so it wouldn't surprise me if Zach secretly went by there on her breaks. 

Of course he did.  It was how they met.  

16 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

. Also, how did they manage to kiss if there were always chaperones around? Does that mean Zachney didn't have chaperones? Or did they do it in front of people?

Zach and Whit worked, real jobs, real working schedules, etc. Zach went to eat at Whit's restaurant in a regular basis when he was working and who knows if they also met in other places (also they had friends non related to Bates family, and Whits foster parents were fundie lite comparing to Bates, probably let her date in an ordinary way). I never believed Bates parents were chaperoning Zach or had a real control of his phone. And I don't believe they are controlling Lawson.  

It's not that Bates are more open now, it is that they are forced to be. It's easy for isolated people to control kids, but when you want (or need) them to work outside, you have to relax the fundie standards. And when you relax, terrible things happen. As, you know, kissing before the wedding or using birth control. The end is near. Pray.

One big pink bow for Everly! Although I must admit my eyes were more drawn to the shiny rings. I'm a sucker! 

On 7/26/2018 at 6:28 AM, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Pre-Engaged? what do all these terms even mean? They make shit up as they go and it's incredibly annoying.

I know, right? By that logic, they might as well have sex when they're engaged since they're "pre-married."

On 7/29/2018 at 10:28 AM, JillyO said:

I know, right? By that logic, they might as well have sex when they're engaged since they're "pre-married."

I wonder if they meant promised- some couples have a promise ring. It is sort of a we plan to marry but we're not ready to set a date any time in the near future, which makes it sort of a pre-engagement. Of course, "in the near future" would mean in the next week at Bates courtship speed.

49 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I wonder if they meant promised- some couples have a promise ring. It is sort of a we plan to marry but we're not ready to set a date any time in the near future, which makes it sort of a pre-engagement. Of course, "in the near future" would mean in the next week at Bates courtship speed.

It reminds me of when I was in college. My boyfriend was in a fraternity, everyone was guessing he was going to “pin me”, (Give me his fraternity pin)  which was kind of a promise to get engaged.

it didn’t work out, instead of giving me his pin he told me he was gay! 

We ended up being great friends.

20 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Brooklyn is 2.  Has she always worn pants?  I never really noticed until now

I never noticed! Erin does surprise, she lets her daughter wear pants and her son carry a purse.

eta, that is a cute picture.

It looks a bit more like shorts under a dress to me, but in a cute matching outfit kind of way and not just a mismatched leggings because girls need to be modest (if that makes sense)

In Erin’s post Brocklyn seriously looks like a Josie-mini-me.

(sorry- not able to link to Instagram or insert the pic).

On 7/13/2018 at 4:30 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, except 3 and 4 seemed equally bad for my older child. 5 has been better. But I know he will be a hellacious middle schooler and teen. He’s so dramatic! I’m positive he will be throwing fits as a teen and driving me crazy. 

My 3 year old has a cold so all he does all day long is whine. My ears feel like they will start bleeding any second. 

Late to the party here, but I'm just catching up after spending 6 weeks with my daughter and her family. My GD is 4 and OMG the tantrums. You guys are making me feel better. My own kids did not have tantrums, but they are both super, super mellow, like type Z kind of people. My GD is dramatic as all get up and when she's tired, look out. She's an angel about 95% of the time and a pure devil the other 5%. Neither my daughter nor SIL ever lose their cool with her. On the last day I was with her, she told me that "sometimes I just get frustrated and need a hug." And my old lady mind thought, sometimes you could use a nice pat on your backside-LOL! Also, she'd only really let's it fly with her parents. The days when I was babysitting while her parents were at work, she was perfectly pleasant. These kids are tiny controllers.

33 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Cherin spent the day at Chad's sister's wedding. 

A beautiful and modern fundie bride!! Illusion necklines are definitely a step up from the t-shirt dress. :)

Also Chad and Erin look great, as always. Although the zipper down the front of her dress is odd.

Erin's style honestly just reminds me so much of Kelly's. Like, she's absolutely GORGEOUS, but she definitely dresses older than she is.

Wow Chad & his sister look so much alike!! She's the female version of Chad for sure! 

Did anyone watch Erin's labor episode on BuB? Was it already discussed and I missed it? I found it funny how at points she was telling Chad to drive through red lights and at other points she was telling him to slow down. Chad remains my pet fundie from this episode, especially when he was fascinated by the nail salon.

go to Cherin IG story. they are currently having an impromptu picnic near a road because they were tired of being in the car.  

55 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

go to Cherin IG story. they are currently having an impromptu picnic near a road because they were tired of being in the car.  

Must've been pretty damn stressful in that car to plant there for a break. Geesh. 

On 7/29/2018 at 10:28 AM, JillyO said:

If they want to be historically accurate, they might as well. At various points in history betrothal was as good as married for sleeping together, as long as you got "properly" married before any babies came. Apparently "trial marriage" was even a thing in Colonial North America!

According to Ancestry, "in the mid to late 1700s, more than one in three girls was pregnant when she walked down the aisle. So don’t be surprised if the birth or baptismal record of a progenitor that you discover on Ancestry is dated fewer than nine months after the parents’ wedding certificate. One unusual northern Colonial tradition may have encouraged this premarital fecundity. Bundling, or bed courting, involved young, unmarried couples testing their compatibility by sharing a bed for the night."

Also from Ancestry, "Marriages during the Colonial era, however, were not always legally formalized. For many colonists, the cost of a formal, legal marriage was more an aspiration than a reality. In colonial North Carolina, for example, a marriage certificate cost £50 — a year’s salary for a teacher, or six months’ salary for a minister. As a result, many people formalized their relationships simply by posting “banns,” announcements read weekly to the community for several weeks." 

So yes, if they really want to glorify an earlier time, they might as well imitate their protestant forebears and try bundling and simple bann reading. Much less hassle *and* you get to find out whether you're compatible before you're stuck together for life!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engagement

https://blogs.ancestry.com/cm/six-unbelievable-but-true-facts-about-colonial-life/

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived