IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

Flav and The Bates. That’s a reality juxtaposition I’d watch. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The name Everly is growing on me. It’s a bit cutesy, but different. And I like Ev names. I think her names are my favorites. Carson is fine. I wouldn’t particularly like Brooklyn, but adding the old-fashioned Elise to it makes it kinda cool.

I have to say motherhood looks great on Erin*. She is glowing. And I'm glad to see that she uses a high quality baby carrier. Fundies tend to have too much children to buy the good stuff for their brood and often try to save up money on the wrong end (carseats, carriers, etc.).

*3 is still manageable. We don't know how she'll be doing in 1,5 years when she probably already has the next newborn, but right now it really seems to suit her well.

Erin looks great! I love that she's using the carrier for Everly so that she can hold hands with Brooklyn and Carson. I am sure that Chad or a sibling is there, but still...she's doing a good job so far. I hope they slow down. 

49 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Erin looks great! I love that she's using the carrier for Everly so that she can hold hands with Brooklyn and Carson. I am sure that Chad or a sibling is there, but still...she's doing a good job so far. I hope they slow down. 

I agree! 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

from the picture and what we saw on Lawson's IG it looks like the same place and outfit where the whole family and Camera crew were so they are filming something. 

12 hours ago, ophelia said:

I have to say motherhood looks great on Erin*. She is glowing. And I'm glad to see that she uses a high quality baby carrier. Fundies tend to have too much children to buy the good stuff for their brood and often try to save up money on the wrong end (carseats, carriers, etc.).

*3 is still manageable. We don't know how she'll be doing in 1,5 years when she probably already has the next newborn, but right now it really seems to suit her well.

Really? I think that three kids in three years has really aged her. She went from being a lovely young girl to an attractive matronly type. I think it's really sad to see these girls lose their youth far sooner than necessary. OTOH, I love it that Brooklyn always has a scowly, skeptical face. No keeping sweet for her!

Erin's fashion style was never really my taste, but I don't think it's matronly. It is practical and modest and sometimes cutesy cute. 

41 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Erin's fashion style was never really my taste, but I don't think it's matronly. It is practical and modest and sometimes cutesy cute. 

I don't know about fashion styles. Never noticed hers. I just feel that in three years Erin has gone from looking like a girl, young and carefree, to looking like so matronly, like somebody's mom. She's still in her twenties! 

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

I don't know about fashion styles. Never noticed hers. I just feel that in three years Erin has gone from looking like a girl, young and carefree, to looking like so matronly, like somebody's mom. She's still in her twenties! 

She is somebody’s mom. Three somebody’s. Even if she weren’t fundie, she’s from the rural south and *more than likely* would have been a mom by now anyways. It’s the norm. 

5 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

She is somebody’s mom. Three somebody’s. Even if she weren’t fundie, she’s from the rural south and *more than likely* would have been a mom by now anyways. It’s the norm. 

Thank you! I struggle with this all the time. I feel like having my son aged me so much I feel awkward dressing like my non-mom friends as while I've lost the baby weight it just seems uncomfortabke and not very practical. But I feel frumpy in "mom clothes" I just haven't found my place yet, it's hard, I feel like a teenager again in someways. 

I pretty much dress the same as always. I just wear stretchy black pants more often because they’re so easy to move around in. I still look as awkward as I always did before and I still have no clue how to dress myself (in casual clothes and pants in general - I’m pretty good at business casual and formal, but I never have a reason to dress in more than pants and a t-shirt.) I’ll just consider myself lucky that I haven’t gotten worse about it after having a baby. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Thank you! I struggle with this all the time. I feel like having my son aged me so much I feel awkward dressing like my non-mom friends as while I've lost the baby weight it just seems uncomfortabke and not very practical. But I feel frumpy in "mom clothes" I just haven't found my place yet, it's hard, I feel like a teenager again in someways. 

It’s  totally normal to feel that way!! You’ll find your style, which may not be the same as before and that’s okay. Enjoy your son and maybe try out some different styles in the dressing room to see what makes you feel confident. I promise you aren’t frumpy!!

5 minutes ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

It’s  totally normal to feel that way!! You’ll find your style, which may not be the same as before and that’s okay. Enjoy your son and maybe try out some different styles in the dressing room to see what makes you feel confident. I promise you aren’t frumpy!!

Thank you! I really think once I have the money I just need to leave the baby with my husband and go by myself to shop uninterrupted,  that would probably help quite a bit.

ETA: I was 24 when I got pregnant, and styles have change SO MUCH in the last year and a half its overwhelming 

Sometimes - and this isn't directed to anyone specific here, just in general - sometimes I feel like people who have kids don't realize that you still age even if you don't have kids. I looked older at 25 than I did at 20. I look older now at 30 than I did at 25. And in five years when I'm 35, I'll look older than I do now. Those grey hairs and fine lines show up no matter what. Now I get that some of this is about how they dress or style themselves, but I can tell you that I give way less of a shit about my appearance at 30 than I did at 25. Some of that is just the progression of getting older and prioritizing different things. Doesn't have to be kids, for me it's simply having used up most of the fucks I had to give in my 20s. :pb_lol:

33 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Thank you! I really think once I have the money I just need to leave the baby with my husband and go by myself to shop uninterrupted,  that would probably help quite a bit.

ETA: I was 24 when I got pregnant, and styles have change SO MUCH in the last year and a half its overwhelming 

I just had to laugh at the idea that styles have changed a ton in the last year and a half.  I've bought maybe 6 pieces of clothing in that time. It feels to me like we've been in 90s reruns for a good 4+ years now.  Maybe different specific things, but still.  Having worn all that 20 years ago I just can't bring myself to do most of it again, especially knowing that it will be considered fugly/frumpy in just a few years just like the original version was. 

If you want your clothes to last more than a season or two, I really recommend buying more 'classic' pieces instead of the latest trends. The weird holes-cut-out-of-things trend from last summer is thankfully over, but it won't be long till floral prints, long shapeless dresses, and midriff-baring will be out again too. Mom jeans and sneakers are probably a decent investment, since those usually only last for a few years anyway (at least I wear out my jeans and sneakers in a few years). 

It's funny, when I was younger I was so appalled at middle-aged people's seeming inability to dress themselves reasonably fashionably. Now I think it's not so much that they were fashion-impaired as they were just above really caring how the kids were dressing these days. In my mid-30s now I still moderately care about fashion but I'll rarely buy something that I think I won't want to wear in 5 years. I think you're probably going for a younger look than me, but you can totally still do that buying somewhat less 'trendy' stuff.  It also helps with cultivating a longer-lasting more personalized sense of fashion than you get by following all the latest trends. Find what you like in particular and go with that! 

For anyone looking to find their style I highly recommend Justine Leconte's youtube video on how to find your style in 6 steps: 

She also has a lot of really practical/helpful fashion advice videos, often emphasizing that there's no one way to be stylish. 

Oh many I look back to my late teens and early 20s and I laugh my ass off. I had no idea what I wanted to dress like. I just followed exactly what my friends were doing. I've evolved since then but I know that 10-15 years from now, I will look back and try to figure out what the heck I was thinking now! That's a huge part of life, looking back wondering what you were thinking. 

2 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I agree with the other commenter in that you should go with classic basics. Trends do change a lot in a year and half though, especially in these times it seems. BUT also great about these times is that we don’t have to be on trend. Wear what makes you feel good. That’s what matters!

1 hour ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

I agree with the other commenter in that you should go with classic basics. Trends do change a lot in a year and half though, especially in these times it seems. BUT also great about these times is that we don’t have to be on trend. Wear what makes you feel good. That’s what matters!

Yeah that's very true! My problem is that I like lots of patterns and lost of my old clothes are "clubbing clothes" lol 

On 6/15/2018 at 8:22 PM, singsingsing said:

Sometimes - and this isn't directed to anyone specific here, just in general - sometimes I feel like people who have kids don't realize that you still age even if you don't have kids. I looked older at 25 than I did at 20. I look older now at 30 than I did at 25. And in five years when I'm 35, I'll look older than I do now. Those grey hairs and fine lines show up no matter what. Now I get that some of this is about how they dress or style themselves, but I can tell you that I give way less of a shit about my appearance at 30 than I did at 25. Some of that is just the progression of getting older and prioritizing different things. Doesn't have to be kids, for me it's simply having used up most of the fucks I had to give in my 20s. :pb_lol:

A hundred times yes. People are so extra about aging. Everyone looks older at 30 than at 25. Even Kendra will, just maybe not so obvious.

Fashion and make up can also play a part but they can never make you look ten years younger for real. Just get over it.

I remember the 1990s and therefore this style will always look horrible unflattering, frumpy and old to me.

Erin has always looked older than her age due to her somewhat frumpy clothes, dated hairstyles, and overuse of makeup.

She is one of my favorite Bates kids, however. She comes across as warm and genuine. Chad seems like a great guy, and they appear happy together. I wish she would slow down on having kids, but that won't happen.

Erin does look younger and more stylish with her hair like that! And damn, Chad is looking really good in that picture.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived