IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If Erin loves newborns so much, she should stop having her own and get a nursing degree. That way she can hold newborns every day of work until retirement. That’s what my sister the newborn lover does. 

Or get herself registered as a foster mother for babies... and of course, campaign against the inhuman separation of babies and children from their parents that the US is famous for right now.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all my son is 10 months and I have baby fever... which leads me to believe it's horemone thing because logically I want him to be 2 at least when the next one gets here.

15 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

I just bought it! I tried it once without very much luck but I’m going to try it again tonight Before bed because he’s been pretty uncomfortable today. Thanks for the rec!

Have you already tried doing bicycle legs and tummy massage? You need to do it for at least 10 minutes, but then it's often been Fart-O-Rama for my babies! 

I liked my kids in the 0-3 months stage. They were cute, didn't really have opinions and pretty much stayed in one spot. After that it started getting complicated. It stayed that way until they moved out. I mean, the toddler stage was fun but man, they could get in so much shit in so little time. I had a baby gate in the doorway from the kitchen to the living room and the under 5 crowd had to stay with me while I cooked dinner so they were corralled in essentially one spot. That didn't work so well either when my youngest (who was about 18 months at the time) decided to take ALL the cover plates off the outlets in the kitchen. He'd seen his father do it so he did it. I ended up with the little outlet covers and duct tape over the screws. 

On 6/30/2018 at 11:34 AM, VelociRapture said:

My daughter will be 19 months old in a few days and I have the WORST baby fever now. My OBGYN advised that we wait 18 months between pregnancies due to my miscarriage and my daughter’s premature birth, so once we hit that point I really started missing the baby days. Luckily, I have a nephew arriving next month and that should help ease my baby fever until my thyroid gets it’s act together and we get the ok to start trying.

That said, there’s a lot of awesome and not so fun stuff about each stage. I miss Velocitoddler’s baby days, but I definitely don’t miss the sleep deprivation or having to nurse/pump/clean all the bottles of formula. Likewise, the tantrums are SO real now that she’s a toddler and she’s ridiculously stubborn about everything. I’m loving how curious and active she is now though. And if I’m honest, I also love how stubborn and how firmly she “states” her opinions. I’m still looking forward to experiencing the newborn stage again, but I’m also really savoring this current stage of my daughter’s life too. 

Wow!  All of that time flew by!!!! I can’t believe she’s so big!

11 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Wow!  All of that time flew by!!!! I can’t believe she’s so big!

I know! Sometimes it feels like we were bringing her home from the hospital just yesterday. Then she stubbornly says “No” to something I ask or gets the toddler zoomies around the house and I suddenly remember that isn’t the case. :pb_lol:

I enjoyed the newborn stage a lot with my son, everything was a first and magical. With my daughter I loved the newborn cuddles but truth be told I couldn't wait until she got to be an older baby. When they smile and interact with you and you know they know who you are, it's so much more gratifying.

And actually I love the toddler stage. Yes, they are little dictator assholes a lot of the time but they are also hilarious and their enthusiasm for everything, the look of joy on their faces when they discover something new, the learning to talk, it's all just so amazing.

You know the worst age? THREE. My three year old drives me batshit insane some days. 2 is a breeze compared to 3. Terrible twos is complete bullshit. It’s the threenagers you have to watch out for :pulling_hair:

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You know the worst age? THREE. My three year old drives me batshit insane some days. 2 is a breeze compared to 3. Terrible twos is complete bullshit. It’s the threenagers you have to watch out for :pulling_hair:

Mine is nearly 4 and I see no improvment. Some days I wonder if he's going to keep that personality forever. Scaring!

I think the toddler stage was my favorite. Although my oldest is going on 15 and I am loving the stage she is in right now. She still has some moody days here and there (don't we all!) but overall things have settled down as far as mood swings go and I really just enjoy her company.

My least favorite stage (so far anyway!) has been from about 11-14 or so. My son is almost 13 and he can be pretty miserable to be around. He has always been such a sweet funny kid but lately he is very moody and emotional. Hopefully he grows out of it around the same age his older sister did because his younger sister isn't too far behind and two moody teens/preteens may be the end of me. 

Sometimes I miss the newborn cuddles or just miss them being young but I have enough friends (and a niece) that have younger children and new babies so I can still get some snuggles in now and then. I would not want to start the child raising process over with a newborn at this point though. 

Velocitoddler hit 19 months yesterday and she’s definitely been throwing some real tantrums for about a month. My mom said that’s pretty normal based off her experiences, so that was nice to hear. :pb_lol:

She threw a big tantrum yesterday morning actually. I can’t remember what she wanted (maybe Daniel Tiger?), but I said no and it was a full meltdown. My husband hadn't really experienced that before and was sitting there like :confused2: . I had to tell him to ignore her a few times and he finally listened. After that it was just a matter of time, patience, and repeatedly informing her that tantrums don’t work on me. It definitely helps to remind myself that she’s acting out of sheer frustration because she can’t communicate very well yet. I’d be really frustrated if that happened to me too. 

37 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Velocitoddler hit 19 months yesterday and she’s definitely been throwing some real tantrums for about a month. My mom said that’s pretty normal based off her experiences, so that was nice to hear. :pb_lol:

She threw a big tantrum yesterday morning actually. I can’t remember what she wanted (maybe Daniel Tiger?), but I said no and it was a full meltdown. My husband hadn't really experienced that before and was sitting there like :confused2: . I had to tell him to ignore her a few times and he finally listened. After that it was just a matter of time, patience, and repeatedly informing her that tantrums don’t work on me. It definitely helps to remind myself hat she’s acting out of sheer frustration because she can’t communicate very well yet. I’d be really frustrated if that happened to me too. 

The reason why 3 is harder than 18 months and 2 is because they become harder to distract or redirect. When mine were toddlers I could pretty easily redirect them and avoid a full blown tantrum. At 3, they are so smart! They know you are trying to distract them and redirect them! They don’t fall for it, lol! That’s why my 3 year old drives me crazy on a regular basis. It finally starts to get better at five.

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The reason why 3 is harder than 18 months and 2 is because they become harder to distract or redirect. When mine were toddlers I could pretty easily redirect them and avoid a full blown tantrum. At 3, they are so smart! They know you are trying to distract them and redirect them! They don’t fall for it, lol! That’s why my 3 year old drives me crazy on a regular basis. It finally starts to get better at five.

Not only that, but 3 year olds also tend to have many more words, so the frustration isn't as much that they can't communicate what they want, it's more that you aren't submitting to their will.

Then, there's also the endless stream of, "Why?" Even though you've answered it. At least 5 times. I've been asking the three year old I'm close to (after answering the why at least 3 or 4 times with exactly the same answer), "why do you think?".

18 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Not only that, but 3 year olds also tend to have many more words, so the frustration isn't as much that they can't communicate what they want, it's more that you aren't submitting to their will.

Then, there's also the endless stream of, "Why?" Even though you've answered it. At least 5 times. I've been asking the three year old in close to (after answering the why at least 3 or 4 times with exactly the same answer), "why do you think?".

Yep. They keep asking why over and over again because they want a different answer. Not because they are actually curious. 

On 7/5/2018 at 10:33 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Everyone I know with boys says three is worse than two.

One of my nephews is currently a threenager and can figure out if you are just nodding along to what he is saying without understanding (his rhetoric ambitions exceed his skills at this point) and he will grab your face and hiss "Don't say yes if you no understand!" If you are watching him, he will also try to convince you that you aren't feeling well and need to lie down, because he knows he gets to use his iPad if his nanny isn't feeling well. 

But as someone without kids, three is one of my favorite ages. Three year olds are freaking HYSTERICAL you guys. Also, I find them to be like translators for the baby world. They still only have baby experiences for reference, but they can verbalize what all those under threes are actually thinking and I just love their observations. 

Stick me at a table with a well-rested three year old in a good mood, and I will be entertained for hours.

All ages with my nephew are the best but the toddler years were really, really so much fun. Just so happy and excited all the time. Everything was new to him and watching his reaction. Christmas when he was two he was helping all of us open our presents and shouting with excitement with what we got. "Its a Box!" You'd have thought the box was the best thing in the world. When you'd lift the box (because you know the present was actually inside) he was just as excited. "Its a shirt!" Taking him to the zoo and having him call every animal kitty (what was the only animal word he knew so far). He was just so much fun.

My grandson was a blast as a toddler. He's pretty much always been a pretty even-tempered little dude. He's funny as shit too. When he was a really little dude, the ONE thing that would set him RIGHT off was not being allowed to feed the dog. This dog was a 60+lb Shepherd/Lab/Rottie/Pittie mix who thought little dude hung the moon. I mean, the dog was 3 of him and would sit and wait patiently for little dude to hand feed him his dinner, one. kibble. at. a. time. So, guess who fed the dog? Occasionally he'd have a bit of a meltdown and the cure was sitting in Nona's "vroom vroom" with the engine running (never left the driveway, it's a stick shift, and he was either sitting on Nona's lap or in the seat next to me, never alone in the car while running). He'd go from crying his little eyes out to laughing maniacally in 0.2 seconds

My 3 year old does make me laugh constantly. I admit that. He actually said to me, “mommy if you don’t let me pick my nose, I’ll pick your nose!” He’s a stinker. But a very funny stinker. 

The kindergarten years are pretty interesting. Especially when your child comes home and says things like "Mom, I learned the B word today. it's bitch." :pb_lol: 

Yes!Kindergarten was fun.

My son came home from kindergarten and told me one little girl said his blue eyes are gorgeous.Another said,"J,When you're a man,and I'm  a woman,we will get married".

When my oldest was three,almost four,a neighbor had a puppy.The puppy licked his face and hands.he said Look,Mama,Prince is "tasting" me.

3 funny things my 3 yo has said to me in the last 24 hours...

1. I love you mama. I love you like a snake (i built him a cubby house he was satisfied with)

2. I miss you but not that much (talking about pre school)

3. Look, I washed my arms,my belly and my balls (in the bath)

Little kids are hilarious and lucky for them because they are bloody terrorists and you would sell them otherwise! #bestmamaever

On 7/6/2018 at 3:52 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Mine is nearly 4 and I see no improvment.

I've heard it called the fucking fours. :laughing-jumpingpurple:  I personally found the three/four year old age the most difficult. They have huge emotions, they are very opinionated on ALL THE THINGS,  they aren't easily redirected, and they are starting to grow out of naps, but still need them so there are lots of sleepy, I don't need a nap! meltdowns. 

I refuse to believe that Velocibaby is a Velocitoddler! She was just born last week! I'm sure of it!

On 5/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, VelociRapture said:

They were for a while. I don’t know if they are anymore.

For anyone interested, this appears to be the Church Erin tagged in the post. I linked to the “What We Believe” page:

http://clearspringsbaptist.net/about-us/what-we-believe

Paraphrased highlights:

1. The Bible is 100% accurate y’all!

2. God is all knowing and all powerful (he sees you when you’re sleeping, he knows when you’re awake...) 

3. Who is your daddy and what does he do? Your daddy is God and he rules everything and everyone.

4. But God is also the Son.

5. And he’s the Holy Spirit too. Wait. How are we monotheistic again?

6. The gift of gender is part of the goodness of God’s creation... so, Transgender people need not apply. 

7. People are sinful from the moment they can commit moral transgressions - so sorry little toddlers, but you going to Hell if you don’t pray hard enough. 

8. Every person of every race is worthy of respect and Christian love. I’m assuming (based off a later portion) they’re still ok harassing people who aren’t Christian though.

9. Salvation is only possible through accepting Jesus. Pretty standard for Christians.

10. Believing in God and repenting of sin is necessary for salvation. See above.

11. Peace is better than war and Christians should strive to put an end to war. Oversimplistic and maybe naive, but I don’t think I can snark on this one much. 

12. Church should be separate from the state. The state is responsible for ensuring religious liberty and shouldn’t favor any specific ecclesiastic group or denomination. The state has no right to impose taxes or penalties for spiritual beliefs at any time... so, basically, don’t punish them for not baking cakes for gays?

13. Marriage is between a man and a woman. So no gays. Sorry, not sorry. :pb_rollseyes: 

14. Husband and wife are equals before God... cool story bro - except the husband controls the family and the wife should go along with what he says. 

I was raised Catholic, so I was baptized as an infant and that bothers me sometimes to be honest. I respect my parents (and every parent) for doing what they felt was best, but it bugs me that I had no say in something so important. To be honest, it’s one of the major reasons why I wouldn’t be able to return to the Catholic faith. I want my daughter (and future children) to have a say in whether they associate with religion or not. 

I do find it interesting that some Protestant denominations do baptize as infants though. I stood as Godmother for my nephew when he was baptized into the Episcopalian faith at 3 months old and I think my cousin had her son baptized in the Methodist faith when he was a toddler. It’s interesting to see how the various denominations are similar and different.

"XII. Education

Christianity is the faith of enlightenment and intelligence. In Jesus Christ abide all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

(Do they think non-Christians receive sub-par educations, or that other traditions simply can't compete on this front? lol)

In Christian education there should be a proper balance between academic freedom and academic responsibility. Freedom in any orderly relationship of human life is always limited and never absolute. The freedom of a teacher in a Christian school, college, or seminary is limited by the pre-eminence of Jesus Christ, by the authoritative nature of the Scriptures, and by the distinct purpose for which the school exists. "

Okay then

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I've heard it called the fucking fours. :laughing-jumpingpurple:  I personally found the three/four year old age the most difficult. They have huge emotions, they are very opinionated on ALL THE THINGS,  they aren't easily redirected, and they are starting to grow out of naps, but still need them so there are lots of sleepy, I don't need a nap! meltdowns. 

I refuse to believe that Velocibaby is a Velocitoddler! She was just born last week! I'm sure of it!

Lol! My husband and I can’t believe it either. She’s gigantic now though (a bit over 28 pounds and 34.5 inches tall at her 18 month appointment!) and she’s definitely got the opinionated ways of a toddler. It’s been really fun watching her grow and change since we brought her home. :) 

4 hours ago, seraaa said:

XII. Education

Christianity is the faith of enlightenment and intelligence. In Jesus Christ abide all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

(Do they think non-Christians receive sub-par educations, or that other traditions simply can't compete on this front? lol)

Hmm...how many Nobel prizes have ultra-fundie Christians won?  Or are major contributions toward the betterment of the world considered too worldly?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived