IGNORED

Dillards 52: Making Life Look Complicated

Jellybean

I go from laughing to feeling sad as I read about Derrick's twitterverse.  What a ride he's taking us on, with twists and turns as fierce as a roller coaster.  Hate to admit I find his trip to Bedlam fascinating, but I do.  The man is into some wicked crazy making.  I hope someone is there to support Jill.  

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction for the next few years: 

This period is emotionally rough and JB shuns them perhaps forever. BUT Derick & Jill find true happiness away from the crazy family dynamics. They stop with 3 kids, send them to a lovely little church school where the kids make lots of fun memories with the other kids. Jill gets an education and goes to work part-time. Derick decides teaching a Sunday School class is enough for ministry at this point and gets a great job in accounting. They work through their baggage and end up really happy. FJ cuts the Dillards thread because they are out of the limelight so there's nothing to report. I wish them well and I think, unlike other FJers, they have a very happy marriage. They're very similar really, both kind of socially awkward, both seem to truly enjoy being part of a big church, both a bit self-righteous. Even their parenting styles seem quite similar, sort of an uncomfortable, I love you kid and I want the best for you, but I'm not a baby person.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He's deleting the volunteer stuff? Thankfully the internet is forever. 

0Vzy51r.png

This reply tho....

He had a 9-5?  So, that is Walmart times, presumably with medical insurance.   That implies coverage with a large co-pay for mother, possibly baby.  When I had my children they were covered under my insurance for a few months.  Not sure how that goes now.  Derick also underwent palate surgery what? A week after Isreal was born?  Another co-pay.  When you quit a job, the benefits stop.  When you bail to Sintrul America, barely getting filmed, your money will dry up fast.  I'm guessing the co-pay debt is around $15,000. Given high co-pay for insurance to kick in and office visits and lab fees.  At this point, D-wreck felt entitled to more.  He just thought TLC would/should kick it up a notch and step in financially.  I mean, it would be cool if they did but you just can't hold it against anyone if they don't go above and beyond.   His rants read like regrets, if anything.   He's lashing out instead of being a man learning and striving to do right for his family.  There is no glory in blaming others for your bills while you rant and rave, constantly change direction without working a steady, and generally make ass, in turn, making your whole family look bad.  I'd be mortified.   Another thing,  since D-wreck just admitted he thought they were just volunteering , why is he expecting anything in return?   

Oh, another thing.  Dericks surgery.  I went to a continuing education class recently and that surgery can be for severe sleep apnea.  If you have a narrow high arched palate your tongue doesn't have anywhere to lay properly while you sleep.  So, it goes back towards your throat, blocking air.  So, that could be a reason I didn't think about until that lecture.  I heart continuing education :D

8 minutes ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

This period is emotionally rough and JB shuns them perhaps forever. BUT Derick & Jill find true happiness away from the crazy family dynamics. They stop with 3 kids, send them to a lovely little church school where the kids make lots of fun memories with the other kids. Jill gets an education and goes to work part-time. Derick decides teaching a Sunday School class is enough for ministry at this point and gets a great job in accounting. They work through their baggage and end up really happy. FJ cuts the Dillards thread because they are out of the limelight so there's nothing to report. I wish them well and I think, unlike other FJers, they have a very happy marriage. They're very similar really, both kind of socially awkward, both seem to truly enjoy being part of a big church, both a bit self-righteous. Even their parenting styles seem quite similar, sort of an uncomfortable, I love you kid and I want the best for you, but I'm not a baby person.

I so wish I could agree with you there. I would love nothing more for that to be the case. I want them to be happy. That's the whole point of being on FJ for me. I wanted to free Jinger. I still do. I want to free Jill and Derek, too. But sadly I don't think it's going to happen that way.

18 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Does anyone think a stay in Jesus Rehab is coming for Derick?

When you posted that, I thought of Homer.

9 minutes ago, KeepingSweet said:

I so wish I could agree with you there. I would love nothing more for that to be the case. I want them to be happy. That's the whole point of being on FJ for me. I wanted to free Jinger. I still do. I want to free Jill and Derek, too. But sadly I don't think it's going to happen that way.

It won’t.

If there’s any path I see the JWrecks heading for, it’s the John Shrader path, just with fewer kids.

DWreck already has the delusional nature and martyr complex of John-boy. He just needs to find a mission org stupid enough to take them. Getting proper religious training, or whatever he’s doing now, is just a step on his path to legitimise himself for future missionary opportunities. 

35 minutes ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

oh you are way to optimistic if any of that was going to happen Derick would have kept his mouth shut and let his little family fade into reality tv obscurity. instead he keeps engaging in Social Media Wars it's only going to get worse from here.  Derick has a giant chip on his shoulder. and it could be so many things. maybe they really didn't get payed (Doubtful) maybe he really did spiral after his dad's death and woke up one day to find himself living a life he didn't want so he went radical (Possible) either way he seems to love the attention and I don't see him giving that up anytime soon. 

17 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Does anyone think a stay in Jesus Rehab is coming for Derick?

Spoiler

5aa3530d330d4_save-me-jebus-22929999(1).png.0a29bf0d6759a2296b569ca368672da5.png

This meme of Homer reminds me of Dericka!

For some reason Jill felt that Derick needed two birthday messages on her IG maybe to make up for her parents lukewarm message :laughing-lettersrofl:

also this is one mismatched pair yikes he looks like he's going off to do something super casual and she looks like she's ready for a fancy dinner. 

10 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

also this is one mismatched pair yikes he looks like he's going off to do something super casual and she looks like she's ready for a fancy dinner. 

Actually Derick dressed up pretty nicely considering he didn’t suit up while visiting Washington or the stuff he’s been wearing to weddings. 

11 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

For some reason Jill felt that Derick needed two birthday messages on her IG maybe to make up for her parents lukewarm message :laughing-lettersrofl:

Glad that he finally lost the Captian Caveman look.

6 minutes ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

Glad that he finally lost the Captian Caveman look.

I have been calling him Dirty Jesus for so long.  Glad he has a new look. 

Now go write that book!

All of this is really Jim Bob's narcissism coming home to roost. 

Look at the difference in the way JB and Gil Bates have married off their daughters. While Gil's Girls have largely been matched with IBLP princelings, 3 out of 4 married Duggar girls have been given to outsiders. Why? Even though he's high-placed in the organization, Gil is making matches that secure and even bolster that place in the larger IBLP hierarchy. JB, by contrast, is more interested in building his own personal empire with himself as top patriarch, so he chose sons-in-law whose most powerful and important connection would be him, JimBob. Fatherless Derick was the ideal candidate for this; JB could "disciple" Derick and mold him (and his useful accounting skill set) into a valuable tool to build JB's empire. It's the only way it really explains why JB was willing to give his favorite daughter to an outsider rather than reward her with a marriage in a powerful IBLP family. The issue, of course, is that a narcissist's Achilles heel is the assumption that everything and everyone really does exist for their benefit. JB therefore would have arrogantly taken it for granted that his disciples/sons-in-law would automatically bend to his will, because to think otherwise would imply some limit to JimBob's omnipotence. Now, Derick (and Jeremy, and in some ways even Ben) has proven him wrong.

27 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I have been calling him Dirty Jesus for so long.  Glad he has a new look. 

Now go write that book!

A book on how to grift?

6 minutes ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

A book on how to grift?

You really need to catch up on this thread. Derelict basically had a nervous breakdown which has now been erased from HIS twitter, but is screencapped everywhere. 

Why is it that whenever I see a photo of DWreck’s lopsided face, I feel an urgent need to put it back into shape... via the medium of a clenched fist?

Isn't that the bridesmaid dress/shoes she wore in her friend's wedding recently? Wonder why he didn't bother to wear his dressier outfit from that night also? (I can't remember the pic (s)he posted from that night, but I'm pretty sure he had on a suit.) When your wife dresses up for birthday date night, so do you, Asshat. What a douchebag.

I've been reading here and thinking how poor Jill is caught between her family and Derick if he pisses her dad off.  But then I was thinking about her wearing pants and the nose ring and such.  So I wonder if she actually wants to rebel against JB and doesn't mind Derick stirring up a hornet's nest.  I wonder if deep down she is angry that JB and Michelle put protecting Josh over protecting his victims (one being her.). Maybe she has realized how messed up that really was.  Maybe she is starting to see her parents in a different light.  She may also be angry about money issues that she possibly didn't understand.  It also seems like her siblings aren't very close to her anymore.  So maybe she doesn't mind pulling away from the family with Derick.  Hasn't Jinger really done that with Jeremy?  It's all quite fascinating to me either way.  Also, if Derick writes that book, I will read it!

3 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

I've been reading here and thinking how poor Jill is caught between her family and Derick if he pisses her dad off.  But then I was thinking about her wearing pants and the nose ring and such.  So I wonder if she actually wants to rebel against JB and doesn't mind Derick stirring up a hornet's nest.  I wonder if deep down she is angry that JB and Michelle put protecting Josh over protecting his victims (one being her.). 

I highly doubt that she would want a public fight for the whole world to see... that just gets embarrassing.

Jill looks really nice and pretty. And I am seriously wondering if Derick would have ever found somebody if he would not have met Jill. 

You know, I start to believe that Derick might have believed that he was volunteering for show or something. I mean, people much better and brighter than him have been lured in cults, have gave up their worldly possessions, and have believed in obvious bullshit.
You could probably convince this kid that sun rises in west, if you tried hard enough. 

And make "Volunteer Reality Star" a post count title, please. Please? :pray:

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Golden daughter Jilly Muffy flashing leg AND knee in heels?!?!?!?! Am I hallucinating?!?! Boy Derick really wants to piss JB off!!!!!

Jill looks really good. 

My heart hurts for her because Derick the shit disturber is making her basically, pick between her #sweethubby or Daddy JB + 18 brainwashed siblings... At the same time, it appears that JB financially takes advantage of the Jdults and has the control which is very exploitative! If JB doles the cash out, Josh is totally getting it too, I’d think. It’s the family ministry.

25 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

I've been reading here and thinking how poor Jill is caught between her family and Derick if he pisses her dad off.  But then I was thinking about her wearing pants and the nose ring and such.  So I wonder if she actually wants to rebel against JB and doesn't mind Derick stirring up a hornet's nest.  I wonder if deep down she is angry that JB and Michelle put protecting Josh over protecting his victims (one being her.). Maybe she has realized how messed up that really was.  Maybe she is starting to see her parents in a different light.  She may also be angry about money issues that she possibly didn't understand.  It also seems like her siblings aren't very close to her anymore.  So maybe she doesn't mind pulling away from the family with Derick.  Hasn't Jinger really done that with Jeremy?  It's all quite fascinating to me either way.  Also, if Derick writes that book, I will read it!

If she's mad at her parents (which I tend to believe) I'm sure there are many more reasons than the Josh stuff. Being forced to be slave labor her whole life for one and never given the opportunity for an education for another. Honestly, I partially believed Jill etc. when they said the Josh stuff was (in comparison to everything else) one of the least traumatizing parts of their childhood. Between Pearls influence, IBLP influence, and TLC exploitation, I'm sure there were plenty of other opportunities for trauma.

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Damn it, Jill. Why didn’t you wear these heels on your wedding day? (Not that they’d go with the dress but it’s better than barefoot)...That’s my BEC for today 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived