IGNORED

Dillards 52: Making Life Look Complicated

Jellybean

3 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Or, another thought: TLC wanted to cancel the show because it wasn’t making money. But the Duggar kidults, brainwashed to think this is a genuine ministry that provides a wholesome tv show for Christian families, offered to stay on without payment if TLC would agree to keep the show running. It’s an incredibly stupid move, but the memories these folks have before TLC are likely not something they want to return to and I think they do genuinely believe that TV is their ministry and what God wants them to do. For Jill and Derick, they may have seen it as a way to publicize their ministry and get a few costs covered. Win/win.

Now, Derick wants to take it back because he realizes that’s not working out the way he intended. 

I mean, I know we all love to hate JB, but I don’t think he’s THAT malicious...especially towards his sweet Jolly Muffin. He honestly doesn’t seem that obsessed with wealth: he didn’t upgrade their house to a mansion and he doesn’t buy fancy cars/clothes. He buys or helps buy nice stuff for his kids, mostly. He supports them. That’s where a HUGE portion of known Duggar spending goes. So why suddenly would he be trying to cheat his favorite daughter?

Maybe not malicious, but he does want control. I think he worked a deal with TLC to stream all the collected revenue/contracts through him. This was a good thing when it came to the Joshly scandal and the way they were able to move money around quickly. This is not a good thing when other adult males who have married into the family want to take charge of their own financial destinies. I do believe JB wants to take care of his children with careers and houses, etc...but I think he wants to do it on his terms and under his control.

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I agree with this, but I also totally believe that Jim Bob could convince himself that it was best for everyone involved if TLC paid him directly, and then he doled out money to the various kids/couples as needed. He wouldn't view that as cheating anyone, he'd view it as being a benevolent patriarch. 

So much this! EXACTLY this. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

If the rumor about the other TLC show  is true that just might be the case I remember reading a rumor that the Sister wives took a cut per person to stay on the air another season. (now how true that is who knows) but it is interesting to think about. 

But Izzy was born pre cancelation.  I would be surprised if they could have talked them into staying on the show for free before that.

@singsingsing.  I've read your song like 5 times!  I just thought you should know you once again ruined my deathbed.

**I kinda love that most likely a whole bunch of us here on FJ ( even the two bagging on the lists/spreadsheets!) Will think of this on our deathbeds. Hopefully when we are very old, but nonetheless, that thought will flicker at some point!

4 hours ago, Beermeet said:

The chickens have come home to roost Bobby Boucher! ( Waterboy).  I

So now you've brought up Bobby Boucher, can we, every time we see Dreck, say, "Look Mama! The Devil!"

1 hour ago, amandaaries said:

So I'm not on Twitter, and find trying to navigate the site without an account rather challenging.  Some Redditors have saved lots of texts and added their own commentary.  If you're interested in easier access to screenshots and such, it's kind of awesome: https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/832ar8/derick_dillard_and_the_twitter_tantrum/

Thanks for the pointer to this reddit site.  I poked around there a little more and one person's speculation is that the kids had money in a trust that paid out at age 25 - lines up with some purchases some of the older kids have made.    Other speculation there in this update to the thread posted by amanaaries - https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/838is5/derick_dillard_and_the_technical_twitter_truth/

3 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

So now you've brought up Bobby Boucher, can we, every time we see Dreck, say, "Look Mama! The Devil!"

Jill is getting a bit Vicky Valencourt with pants, tats and nose ring!

48 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And with a husband,  while far from perfect, who I highly doubt would behave this way.  In the fundie world, she struck gold.

I think and hope Jeremy would know better than to behave like Derick. 

43 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Or, another thought: TLC wanted to cancel the show because it wasn’t making money. But the Duggar kidults, brainwashed to think this is a genuine ministry that provides a wholesome tv show for Christian families, offered to stay on without payment if TLC would agree to keep the show running. It’s an incredibly stupid move, but the memories these folks have before TLC are likely not something they want to return to and I think they do genuinely believe that TV is their ministry and what God wants them to do. For Jill and Derick, they may have seen it as a way to publicize their ministry and get a few costs covered. Win/win.

Now, Derick wants to take it back because he realizes that’s not working out the way he intended. 

I mean, I know we all love to hate JB, but I don’t think he’s THAT malicious...especially towards his sweet Jolly Muffin. He honestly doesn’t seem that obsessed with wealth: he didn’t upgrade their house to a mansion and he doesn’t buy fancy cars/clothes. He buys or helps buy nice stuff for his kids, mostly. He supports them. That’s where a HUGE portion of known Duggar spending goes. So why suddenly would he be trying to cheat his favorite daughter?

The show was at it's pinnacle when Joshgate struck. TLC was making PLENTY of money. 19 Kids may well have been their cash cow, so if anything, Duggars (ie. Boob) were being compensated very well. Jill's wedding was the highest rated episode of the series, attracting almost 4 million viewers. Now? They barely top a million.

1 hour ago, TatiFish9 said:

To be fair, he did not quit his daytime to be on the show. He quit his daytime to pursue what appears to to be his ???life passion??? which was to be an international missionary of some sort.

It is becoming painfully easy to assume that him doing the show was apart of a deal with the family to either keep the parent ruled gravy train going and/or to help promote his work overseas.

When Jill met Derick he was out of the United States. This is why I give him a smidgeon of the benefit of doubt. It's not like he was working at Wal-Mart when he met Jill, then up and decided to exploit the family name to ride the tide of evangelical fame. That would be risky and open to ridicule (I suppose).

I think he did Wal-Mart to bring in steady money but was promised something different to travel as a missionary with papa in law's friends.

That is much more interesting of a storyline than being an accountant at Wal-Mart. Hmmmnn...

He affiliated wasn't with an established missionary group when he quit WM. I suspect that the Dillards and TLC were working together and the Dillards' plan was to mission in CA and be filmed doing so for the show. So, after Jill had the baby, Derick took a paternity leave, had oral surgery and promptly quit WM...thinking that they'd move to the mission field on TLC's dime. Unfortunately, soon after, Josh Gate and the cancelling of the show occurred. Now Derick had nada but a new baby, clingy wife and medical bills.

1 hour ago, amandaaries said:

So I'm not on Twitter, and find trying to navigate the site without an account rather challenging.  Some Redditors have saved lots of texts and added their own commentary.  If you're interested in easier access to screenshots and such, it's kind of awesome: https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/832ar8/derick_dillard_and_the_twitter_tantrum/

I think that Redditor thread is worth some death bed regrets.  It is awesome!

When JillDer and Benessa had their weddings I thought Derick was more mature and better head on his shoulders than Ben.  Boy was I wrong!

Derick packing in his good job makes even less sense if the show was only unpaid volunteering. Even the dumbest person understands the implications of giving up a job  with a regular pay check coming in, to hanging out with in-laws doing boring stuff for no incoming money. Especially if your dreaming of endless births and yearly additions to the family.

He must be raging that the easy influx of cash from adoring fans on GoFundMe didn't materialise as he assumed it would. I guess he can't really rant on twitter about selfish fans not sharing their own hard earned wages to his lazy grifter ass. It is much easier to go on the attack at TLC's lack of contributions since he was already giving the push out the door.

Yo Dwreck?

Write that book, you godly, manly waste of space.  If your wife and her sisters could (ghost) write a thrilling guide to young womanly godliness and your super godly and financially successful FIL and MIL could write parenting books just imagine what you can do!  You can totally surpass them with your tale of hippy missionary with a burning love for holidays handing out Bibles and bubbles in pretty locales witnessing for the Lord turned Walmart accountant who was duped into filming without financial compensation. A poor hapless accountant who has no idea how finances work will be such a sympathetic character!  Hoards will cry over their Kindles as they read about how you were mocked for begging for money. Think of the power you'd wield being able to shatter everyone's illusions about what perfect couples Jinger and Jeremy or Jessa and Ben are!  You can expose how the liberal media silenced you for speaking God's truth!  You can go on speaking tours and get advances for more books, I'm sure, so no more of that pesky working 9-5 thing.* C'mon, doooo iiiiiiit. :dance:All of us will buy it and make you rich, pinky promise.

*Not actual financial advice since you seem to be terribly confused about finances.

I'm just starting to read through the reddit thread now, but did anyone catch the part where Derick tried to gaslight someone about what time he was eating lunch? You can't make this shit up.

FJVjslU.jpg

54 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

He affiliated wasn't with an established missionary group when he quit WM. I suspect that the Dillards and TLC were working together and the Dillards' plan was to mission in CA and be filmed doing so for the show. So, after Jill had the baby, Derick took a paternity leave, had oral surgery and promptly quit WM...thinking that they'd move to the mission field on TLC's dime. Unfortunately, soon after, Josh Gate and the cancelling of the show occurred. Now Derick had nada but a new baby, clingy wife and medical bills.

However, they started filming Counting On in August, so the show wasn't out of commission THAT long (just three months). It's not as if they film year-round anyway. Look at the hiatus the show just had for proof. 

2 hours ago, Taylurker said:

Don't mind me. Just sitting over here eating my popcorn. :popcorn2: :popcorn:

I don't have any popcorn at home, but I might have to run out and get some for this! But especially if a tell-all book actually happens! 

27 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm just starting to read through the reddit thread now, but did anyone catch the part where Derick tried to gaslight someone about what time he was eating lunch? You can't make this shit up.

FJVjslU.jpg

I hope the next tweet was "Yours, asshole."

48 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Yes. Please send rescue ferrets. Going in. :my_angel:

The irony of Derick telling someone to think before they speak...it burns. 

59 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

at the very least reddit gave us xfiles spoilers for the finale. 

as for Dwreck i think he found how much JB actually got and freaked out 

16 minutes ago, marmalade said:

However, they started filming Counting On in August, so the show wasn't out of commission THAT long (just three months). It's not as if they film year-round anyway. Look at the hiatus the show just had for proof. 

and we had riveting footage from SCA with derick doing the doppler thing on Jill, and the watching her feed Izzy 

great riveting stuff 

4 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Please tell them you feel exploited because you volunteered to be on this plane, so they should be nicer to you and do everything you say.

Thank you for the Bradrick run-down! And I should have! While I’m at it, I’ll demand someone in first class on the second leg of my journey switch seats with me bevause I WANT the bigger seat with more legroom, but I don’t want to pay for it!

4 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Sorry, but you clearly fail to realize just how much holier one is with a covenant marriage. They're quite convenient for looking down on other committed couples.

It’s much better to stay together because you are so holy, not because you truly love each other!

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

@HarryPotterFan - Where are you going? Did you get our permission to leave?!?!?!?

Texas for my friend’s wedding!! I’m a bridesmaid! And no, sorry. I didn’t ask. Can I pretty please fly by myself to another state? I will be attending a holy wedding ceremony, so that this sweet couple will no longer live in sin.

Is it okay if my dress is strapless? I didn’t think about how defrauding my shoulders would be.

4 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Is she flying DuggarAir?  This way, we can track her if someone is still doing that.  She didn't ask me, that's for sure!  An unmarried woman flying, what has the world come to?

Hee hee, safe flight @HarryPotterFan, enjoy the wedding!  Fun!!!  Party on Wayne!

Unmarried woman flying alone in PANTS. I kiss boys before marriage too :pearlclutching:

And thanks!

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I still think the fact that Derick is saying 'as far as we knew we were volunteers' means that (if he's telling the truth), he found out later that someone was making money off of their appearances on the show. And if so, he seems pissed. And who would that person be, but Jim Bob Duggar?

He found out later someone was being paid? Did he really think no Duggar was making money off of this and money for houses and cars rained down from heaven? No one is that dumb. 

1 hour ago, waltraute said:

They may have thought THEY (the individual kids) were volunteers but they KNEW money was going into JBs account all along - there is no way they didn't know that the head of the family was being paid for their troubles. What they may not have understood was that they too were being paid and that their money was also going to JB, probably having to do with the way he set up contracts and what he had them sign.

Who would agree, “Daddy can get paid for my work, but not me!”??? And what in-law would marry in to the family and think that’s fine? 

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE THIS STUPID?

6 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

He found out later someone was being paid? Did he really think no Duggar was making money off of this and money for houses and cars rained down from heaven? No one is that dumb. 

Who would agree, “Daddy can get paid for my work, but not me!”??? And what in-law would marry in to the family and think that’s fine? 

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE THIS STUPID?

Amen. How is it possible to be this stupid, indeed.

He is either that stupid or he is lying - or twisting the truth around in such a way that it might as well be a lie.

@HarryPotterFan

You mentioned living in sin so no white dress

are you dropping into Jeremy's church for a service?  We want a full report! :content:

Have a good time and safe trip home.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived