IGNORED

Dillards 52: Making Life Look Complicated

Jellybean

Are some of Derick's tweet rants gone? Looks like it I am not seeing the stuff about him saying he was a volunteer any more. Jim Bob got a hold of his account probably.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Derrick is going to be silenced, and that right quick--either by the long (financial) arm of Jim Bob Duggar, or by his wife's terrified tears. Jill is completely dependent on Derrick; this has to be killing her.

3 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Oh, Derrick is going to be silenced, and that right quick--either by the long (financial) arm of Jim Bob Duggar, or by his wife's terrified tears. Jill is completely dependent on Derrick; this has to be killing her.

I feel kind of bad for her. 

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I feel kind of bad for her. 

Jill is really in a terrible spot--stuck between her family and her husband. That's not good for anyone. She also probably feels a lot of affection, or at least appreciation for, TLC since it's been a big part of her life for a long, long time. I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that she truly believes their TLC show to be service directly to God. She might very well be willing to do it for free, if she really believed that.

I'm thinking Jill is going to have to make a choice:  Derick or JB/Michelle/siblings.

She must be so sad/scared/pissed.

13 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So The Bates official IG and Chad and Erin's IG unfollowed both Dillards, then Alyssa and Michael unfollowed dWRECK but kept Jill.

ETA: Ben unfollowed him too.

Yess, give me all the petty fundie drama! Why do these people think we care about the courtships, engagements, weddings, or pregnancies? This is far more entertaining.

I’m still trying to understand Derick’s tweets, mainly because I cannot wrap my head around the idea that he thought the Duggars were just “volunteering” and “helping out” by filming a television show for 10+ years for no payment. Someone gets paid. No way TLC could get away with not paying them. If JB somehow collected all payments from 19KAC into a trust or something, I’m not sure how he could continue doing that for Counting On when he’s not even on the show. Jill and Jessa HAD to have gotten paid when their names were literally in the title of the show.

Anyway, I feel like this is the beginning of some kind of a scandal or breakdown, and I am so here for it.

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm thinking Jill is going to have to make a choice:  Derick or JB/Michelle/siblings.

So Derick is a person non grata right now, but what about what Josh did? I think his was tons worse. 

9 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

The way Derick treats others makes be doing he’d care about his wife’s feelings. But maybe I’m just thinking this because he’s an asshole, and he actually maybe cares about his wife and kids. 

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Well she’s screwed because divorce isn’t an option. 

I don't want to be that person, but do we know for sure that the Bateses and/or Ben ever followed Derick in the first place? (I honestly don't know, I haven't followed any of the Bateses or Derick in a long time.)

2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

So Derick is a person non grata right now, but what about what Josh did? I think his was tons worse. 

Of course Josh's sins and JB's response to his earlier transgressions were worse.

5 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Yess, give me all the petty fundie drama! Why do these people think we care about the courtships, engagements, weddings, or pregnancies? This is far more entertaining.

I’m still trying to understand Derick’s tweets, mainly because I cannot wrap my head around the idea that he thought the Duggars were just “volunteering” and “helping out” by filming a television show for 10+ years for no payment. Someone gets paid. No way TLC could get away with not paying them. If JB somehow collected all payments from 19KAC into a trust or something, I’m not sure how he could continue doing that for Counting On when he’s not even on the show. Jill and Jessa HAD to have gotten paid when their names were literally in the title of the show.

Didn’t they meet in NY after 19kac transformed into counting on? I remember Jessa and JimBob being there and probably Jill too as it was “Jill and jessa: counting on”. So that was when payments were discussed. 

Just now, viii said:

Yeah, don't they have certain clauses in order to get divorced? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant_marriage

In contrast to no-fault divorce's more lenient requirements for non-covenant marriages, a spouse in a covenant marriage desiring a divorce may first be required to attend marital counseling. A spouse desiring a divorce must also prove that one of the following is true:

The other spouse has committed adultery.

The other spouse has committed a felony.

The other spouse engages in substance abuse.

The other spouse has physically or sexually abused the spouse or a child.

The spouses have been living separately for a minimum amount of time specified by law (one or two years, depending on the law of the state).

3 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

f JB somehow collected all payments from 19KAC into a trust or something, I’m not sure how he could continue doing that for Counting On when he’s not even on the show. Jill and Jessa HAD to have gotten paid when their names were literally in the title of the show.

J'Boob could do it by claiming to act as the "business manager" and keep everything set up where the $$ goes into the family trust and the girls get a certain amount of $ from it. Jessa & Ben probably are "paid" enough to live fairly nicely...as long as they stay in grandma's house. When Derdick and JillyMuffy went off to SCA, Boob cut them off. I wouldn't be surprised if Jeremy told Boob to f-off and he'll take care of his own family thankyouverymuch...he's come out as quite critical of J'Boob and I'm sure J'Boob isn't thrilled about it. Jostin are probably making it on their own w/o J'Boob's money. If Austin really did flip 5 houses before marrying Joy, he probably has a nice little nest egg...and it seems that Austin and Joy work at the camp. 

J'Boob and ofJ'Boob did their children NO favors at all with all that IBLP bullshit...and it seems to have been taken to extremes. It seems the Bates kids are better educated and have more of a work ethic. 

did we know that it is dreck's birthday - has this been covered because i am on another board dealing with x files spoilers for my 10 minute break i have 

Happy birthday Dwreck.

we knew you when 

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Dreck writing a book. Be still, my heart. 

How will he write it, by putting his tweets in one volume? With Mommy looking over his shoulder? LOL.

Just now, HarryPotterFan said:

The way Derick treats others makes be doing he’d care about his wife’s feelings. But maybe I’m just thinking this because he’s an asshole, and he actually maybe cares about his wife and kids. 

Well she’s screwed because divorce isn’t an option. 

If Kelly and Peter BRADRICK! can get divorced, ANYONE can.  Jill can be just like Kelly and return home to under JB's umbrella with her kids.  

1 minute ago, viii said:

Yeah, don't they have certain clauses in order to get divorced? 

Yes.  It's HARDER for them to get a divorce and it will take longer because of their SUPER SPECIAL COVENANT MARRIAGE, but ultimately it is possible.  

Here's the specific rules for AR:

2018-03-09_12-58-08.thumb.jpg.6dbc42f08e4b77d0d54aaf17d8fe675f.jpg

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

Nah. Derick hasn’t begged for forgiveness from Jesus for... whatever it is he’s doing. Josh, on the other hand, asked Jesus to forgive him and Jesus was all like:

E5BCDE2F-B617-45C9-A13D-0AA72B00229D.jpeg.ae5a679753f0bd601e740c9049c6832d.jpeg

Meanwhile, literally everyone with a conscience and morals is sitting there like:

Spoiler

ADD571E1-CB3D-4102-8547-A09E45C0F238.jpeg.e9d7077cc39a04e517ec9e145832d069.jpeg

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't want to be that person, but do we know for sure that the Bateses and/or Ben ever followed Derick in the first place? (I honestly don't know, I haven't followed any of the Bateses or Derick in a long time.)

The only one I don't know for sure about is Ben. The rest all did, I  believe. 

5 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Didn’t they meet in NY after 19kac transformed into counting on? I remember Jessa and JimBob being there and probably Jill too as it was “Jill and jessa: counting on”. So that was when payments were discussed. 

I was just remembering pics Jessa posted of her and Ben at Discovery channel headquarters.   And, they are featured the most on the show and SM.  Something happened. 

The Duggars posted to Facebook for Derick’s birthday, they say how he’s a great husband and father. 

Wow, so essentially to qualify for divorce, they'd have to live apart for a certain amount of time because the rest wouldn't apply?

11 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Anyway, I feel like this is the beginning of some kind of a scandal or breakdown, and I am so here for it.

If TLC films all this, because you know Derick just loves to 'act' pro bono, I'd buy some episodes off Amazon Prime. Babies, wedding planning and courting is less exciting than watching dust float in a sunbeam. The Real Fundies of North West Arkansas however..., that I'd watch.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived