IGNORED

Dillards 52: Making Life Look Complicated

Jellybean

5 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

If Kelly and Peter BRADRICK! can get divorced, ANYONE can.  Jill can be just like Kelly and return home to under JB's umbrella with her kids.  

I know nothing about the Bradericks...I need to disappear down a rabbit hole, don’t I?

Agh I have to turn off my phone soon because airplane. Derdick, DON’T TWEET WHILE I’M IN THE AIR.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill will choose Derick over her family. After all, that’s who God chose for her. JB must be smacking his forhead by now. 

5 minutes ago, Whatthefundie said:

The Duggars posted to Facebook for Derick’s birthday, they say how he’s a great husband and father. 

Sure he is *sarcasm*. Wonder if they will be saying the same thing a few months from now. 

7 minutes ago, Whatthefundie said:

The Duggars posted to Facebook for Derick’s birthday, they say how he’s a great husband and father. 

Did they say he’s a Godly person, or anything about his personality? :my_angel:

I actually hope Derick makes the Duggars implode so they can stop spreading their hateful views and maybe that'll make some of the kids break away.

Light the fam on fire, Derick!

3 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

No, but they are “very thankful” for him  

I wonder how all of this will end up going down, sure looks like the rose colored glasses are coming off 

3 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

They posted this

"Happy 29th birthday to our first son-in-law, Derick! You are a wonderful husband to Jill and father to Israel and Sam! We are very thankful for you! We hope you have a wonderful day and a blessed year!"

Before I must put my phone in airplane mode, I just wanted to alert everyone that I think someone near me on the plane is eating seafood, and it smells terrible. Which feels relevant to Derdick. 

5 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I know nothing about the Bradericks...I need to disappear down a rabbit hole, don’t I?

Agh I have to turn off my phone soon because airplane. Derdick, DON’T TWEET WHILE I’M IN THE AIR.

Here's a quick run down:

So Kelly Brown Bradrick is the daughter of Scotty Brown, who was connected to Vision Forum and the world's most useless tool, Doug Phillips.  She married Peter Bradrick in a HUGE to-do that was officiated by Doug (who sported his WIDEST STANCE for the occasion), and was REALLY touted as being the "perfect courtship marriage".  Kelly appeared in the Botkins' "Return of the Daughters" film, and Kelly especially was held up as the perfect fundie maiden who entered into the PERFECT fundie marriage.  

Also they once made a huge deal about how great it was that Kelly rolled under a fence instead of hopping over LIKE A MAN. 

This marriage was often cited as the ideal.  Until it wasn't.

In the divorce thread someone links an article where an author recaps everything, includes pictures, and talks about how ALL the men in Kelly's life failed her.  It's well worth a read.  But this marriage was as big if not bigger than Jill and Derick, but it all fell apart when shit hit the fan at Vision Forum.  I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the same is true of J+D once the cameras turn off them as well.

2 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Before I must put my phone in airplane mode, I just wanted to alert everyone that I think someone near me on the plane is eating seafood, and it smells terrible. Which feels relevant to Derdick. 

Please tell them you feel exploited because you volunteered to be on this plane, so they should be nicer to you and do everything you say.

4 minutes ago, Whatthefundie said:

No, but they are “very thankful” for him  

I wonder how all of this will end up going down, sure looks like the rose colored glasses are coming off 

Well sure they are thankful because he is making their crazy ass train wreck look downright normal compared to DerDork

17 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

If Kelly and Peter BRADRICK! can get divorced, ANYONE can.  Jill can be just like Kelly and return home to under JB's umbrella with her kids.  

Yes.  It's HARDER for them to get a divorce and it will take longer because of their SUPER SPECIAL COVENANT MARRIAGE, but ultimately it is possible.  

Here's the specific rules for AR:

2018-03-09_12-58-08.thumb.jpg.6dbc42f08e4b77d0d54aaf17d8fe675f.jpg

Covenant marriages, puhlese.  Just get married or don't.   All that does is make it harder to divorce and why would you feel you need do that?  I've been married for 16 years.  You know what keeps us together?  Trust.  No ceremony or document can help if you don't have mutual love, respect and trust.  You know who impresses me?  Couples in long term relationships that never get married.  Getting a covenant marriage just seems fruitless to me.  

2 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Getting a covenant marriage just seems fruitless to me.  

Sorry, but you clearly fail to realize just how much holier one is with a covenant marriage. They're quite convenient for looking down on other committed couples.

Alright, so yesterday I was trepidatious, but now I count myself among the BURN BABY BURN!!!!11 Crowd. The Birthday post from the Duggar Facebook page bums me out a bit though.

I still haven't seen the tweet confirming that Samuel was in the NICU for two week so I'm not sure if that's a one of the many assumptions being made around here (lol). Still, it floors me if that was the case. Jessica Seewald couldn't keep a birth nor gender under wraps, no wedding invite will ever go unnoticed, but a birth? Really?? For two weeks??? It makes think that they must have reaaaalllly not shared the news if they successfully kept it this quiet. Man, I want answers!!

Poor Josiah just can't get a break announcement-timing-wise, right? I hope Lauren doesn't feel under undue pressure to stay in this mess if she gets cold feet.

Sidenote: I'm officially back on Twitter for the first time in three years to see this shit unfold.

Just now, NakedKnees said:

The Brithday post from the Duggar Facebook page bums me out a bit though.

I'm wondering if this was a "scheduled post" that was in the hopper for some time?

Derrick confirmed that there was a 2 week NICU stay, but he didn't clarify which child, general assumption is Samuel. I think that's how it happened. 

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

@HarryPotterFan - Where are you going? Did you get our permission to leave?!?!?!?

Is she flying DuggarAir?  This way, we can track her if someone is still doing that.  She didn't ask me, that's for sure!  An unmarried woman flying, what has the world come to?

Hee hee, safe flight @HarryPotterFan, enjoy the wedding!  Fun!!!  Party on Wayne!

34 minutes ago, viii said:

Yeah, don't they have certain clauses in order to get divorced? 

I once asked a Pastor what to do if you find yourself married to a jerk.  Answer "shoot him and then repent".  Then we laughed because it's a joke.  Right-just a joke.

totally unrelated but I am feeling a little bit sorry for the Dillard family, including Derick.

Derick you are bringing this on to yourself you are your own worst enemy.  Please stop for your own sake. Find peace inside yourself.

It’s really awkward that the golden child daughter, muffin, has a husband that is feuding with King of Duggarland.

How will this unfold?

Jill and Derick were cited by the J’dults as having the “Most PDA” with a big eye roll and call each other sweet hubby/wifey. Jill was JB’s Jilly muffy.

8 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Is she flying DuggarAir?  This way, we can track her if someone is still doing that.  She didn't ask me, that's for sure!  An unmarried woman flying, what has the world come to?

Hee hee, safe flight @HarryPotterFan, enjoy the wedding!  Fun!!!  Party on Wayne!

Not only flying alone, but an unmarried woman on FJ alone. No FJ account until you are married and then only a joint user name.

2 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I once asked a Pastor what to do if you find yourself married to a jerk.  Answer "shoot him and then repent".  Then we laughed because it's a joke.  Right-just a joke.

totally unrelated but I am feeling a little bit sorry for the Dillard family, including Derick.

Derick you are bringing this on to yourself you are your own worst enemy.  Please stop for your own sake. Find peace inside yourself.

He has all the external tools to be successful. He has a college degree in a decent enough field to get a job, and has worked in the industry. He has a loving and supportive family. What he appears to lack are the internal skills. It's almost as if he's experienced arrested development. He is so immature and lacks impulse control. I really wonder what Derick was like before his father passed away? He is his own worst enemy. It's really too bad. They are among a couple of  families in that outfit that really have the skills to succeed and rise above JB and M's BS-

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Lmaooooo it has started. Cathy’s at it again

47A28E40-831A-47F4-AEFD-433F2AE86834.jpeg

What is this referencing?

Some of Derick's tweets decrying being paid are still there, but all of the "volunteer" stuff has disappeared. I am watching this with so much interest!

17 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Alright, so yesterday I was trepidatious, but now I count myself among the BURN BABY BURN!!!!11 Crowd.

BURN BABY BURN!!! DILLARD INFERNO!! :dance:

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived