IGNORED

Dillards 52: Making Life Look Complicated

Jellybean

JB has always said that he leaves it up to Mullet. Mullet then would smile and say, “We will take as many as the Lord gives us.” It was perfectly scripted and repeated as rote every time the question came up in specials and interviews.

From a PR standpoint, it’s better to say well I’m not forcing my wife to have all these children, and then let the godly little woman pipe in and repeat their party line/strongly held QF beliefs.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

He's said that a few times iirc.

I don't see why it's shocking?

Because they have always been we leave the family size up to god people.  and they were always about the husband being the head of the household. leaving it up to Michelle one isn't leaving it up to god. and two letting Michelle have that much say just doesn't jive with the Fundy motto. 

I’ve been so busy lately, I don’t even know where to start looking for Derick’s twitter meltdown screenshots. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction please? 

I’d love to catch up. 

5 minutes ago, adidas said:

I’ve been so busy lately, I don’t even know where to start looking for Derick’s twitter meltdown screenshots. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction please? 

I’d love to catch up. 

Look on Pickles facebook page.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I still can't reason how Josh, Jinger, Joy, and especially Jessa, have homes but Jill does not. The original CO was centered on Jill and Jessa- Ben does not have a job any more than Derick, and both wives had births that required hospital treatments, albeit Jill's would have been more costly. In addition, Derick had a real job for a year. How come the Dillards are homeless in Duggarville?

Because Derick’s only in school right now. They need to live near his program, and when it’s over they will (hopefully!) need to move for a job.

Based off of Pickles posts that imply they’re all employed by JB since he owns a production company, I think Josh could very well still be profitting from the show.

From what Pickles posted, it seems like JB & Michelle stiffed the kids. I don’t like Derick but it makes me sad that Jill was the one largely featured along with Jessa and is struggling to get by with NICU bills. She helped to raise Michelle’s other kids too on top of appearing to have been stiffed.

Stiffed by having to raise Michelle’s kids, stiffed with a bad brother, stiffed by being handed off to a jackass, and stiffed over this???

This is so fucking messed up.

I bet publishers have already contacted Derick and Jill about writing a book. The problem is, Jill obviously didn’t have a pre-nup and if they make bank on it and she wants to leave his ass in a few years, she could get stiffed again by him! If he writes the book, I can see JB forcing the entire family to shun them. Jill was Mom to some of those kids. I think JB is trying to make Derick suffer living paycheck to paycheck to make him submit to his ways but Derick won’t let him dominate anymore.

33 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I talked about this in another thread can't remember which but in 16 kids and moving in at about the 4:30 mark Jim Bob says that he's always left if they have more kids up to Michelle I found that a bit shocking when I re watched it recently as it wasn't their parroted up to God answer. 

I don't remember that episode, but I  totally believe it. On one of the 19k episodes, Jim Bob was having several of the older girls carry a large barrel (or something heavy). the girls naturally picked it up like it was no a strange request. Michelle became exasperated, asking why he was not getting the males to do it. Awkward pause, then Jim Bob said he thought it was fine for the girls to do.

Michelle is a fraud. Sorry. I hate to say it because I don't think it is intentional. However, I think she is the one responsible for the family's previous squeaky clean image, despite all the many flaws like every other family. I also think she is delusional and refuses to accept a relaxing of brand to allow the kids a little room to show their human sides, knowing good and well they have endured a major scandal most would not have been able to recuperate from in the first place.

I don't think Derrick will write a tell-all. I think someone will beat him to the punch and he will complain that a lot of assumptions were made and he is a victim and he deserves compensation for the use of his name and image in a tell-all.

31 minutes ago, caitiedid313 said:

JB has always said that he leaves it up to Mullet. Mullet then would smile and say, “We will take as many as the Lord gives us.” It was perfectly scripted and repeated as rote every time the question came up in specials and interviews.

From a PR standpoint, it’s better to say well I’m not forcing my wife to have all these children, and then let the godly little woman pipe in and repeat their party line/strongly held QF beliefs.

Scripted by Michelle herself. In an old episode of 19K, we got a sneak peak into the editing genius that is Michelle Duggar. I can't remember if it was for the girl's book or their second book as parents, but I remember Jim Bob wanted to put something benign in. Michelle absolutely refused. Jim Bob pressed because it was something near and dear, but Michelle would not approve . And in her sweet pea voice, she consistently said no as if there was no option. Jim Bob relented. She is the one who made the final call on that book. I strongly suspect based on things I have seen from her on the show, social media and appearance snippets, that she edits their entire lives and she was doing it long before they had money for proper PR.

She is the keeper of the culture. She thrives off of perfection so much so that she has aided in the stripping of spirits in most of her girl children. Until recently they have all been watered down versions of their selves, struggling to understand which way to go and how to act. But again something bad (cancellation of 19k) led to something ???good??? (Counting On) allowing them a small space to free themselves. It took me a long time to accept this about Michelle, but I believe she is savage.

5 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

I don't remember that episode, but I  totally believe it. On one of the 19k episodes, Jim Bob was having several of the older girls carry a large barrel (or something heavy). the girls naturally picked it up like it was no a strange request. Michelle became exasperated, asking why he was not getting the males to do it. Awkward pause, then Jim Bob said he thought it was fine for the girls to do.

Michelle is a fraud. Sorry. I hate to say it because I don't think it is intentional. However, I think she is the one responsible for the family's previous squeaky clean image, despite all the many flaws like every other family. I also think she is delusional and refuses to accept a relaxing of brand to allow the kids a little room to show their human sides, knowing good and well they have endured a major scandal most would not have been able to recuperate from in the first place.

she was the one who seemed to flip out the most when Jill front hugged Derick in the airport or about Flipped out when JIm Bob suggested that Ben and Jessa hold hands during prayer in their engagement episode I just went back and watched it and Michelle turns to Jim Bob and say's oh them  and Jim Boib tries to back track and say oh not them but it was to late because they were already holding hands so Michelle had to laugh it off and say it was okay but she did not seem happy. 

7 minutes ago, Firebird said:

I don't think Derrick will write a tell-all. I think someone will beat him to the punch and he will complain that a lot of assumptions were made and he is a victim and he deserves compensation for the use of his name and image in a tell-all.

I don't know why, but that statement will never get old for me...lol.

7 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Who do you think will write it. right now Derick seems the one on the outs and the others still are seeming to toe the line. If Anna wrote one and then left Josh I would definitely buy that

I think that's a good summation of Michelle's character. She used to struggle with an eating disorder, which would lead one to think she had control/ image issues. From my own experiences struggling with cutting, I know that that desire for some kind of control never leaves. She found something that makes her feel better than being thin, appearing godly.

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

she was the one who seemed to flip out the most when Jill front hugged Derick in the airport or about Flipped out when JIm Bob suggested that Ben and Jessa hold hands during prayer in their engagement episode I just went back and watched it and Michelle turns to Jim Bob and say's oh them  and Jim Boib tries to back track and say oh not them but it was to late because they were already holding hands so Michelle had to laugh it off and say it was okay but she did not seem happy. 

Yes! Perfect example! There are so many of these little moments sprinkled about their shows. 

Btw, don't get me started on Jill sneakily breaking the rules, because that will get me in lots of trouble. lol But Jilly muffin was a brave girl to do that. She did not seem to care either. Long before Jinger wore pants, Jill got her a little front hug on.:my_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Who do you think will write it. right now Derick seems the one on the outs and the others still are seeming to toe the line. If Anna wrote one and then left Josh I would definitely buy that

Derick won't write it because I honestly don't think he'll have a taker.  Even if he does have some 'juicy' info, he's not going to be easy to work with, nor is he a sympathetic character like Anna.  It will be one of the youngest Duggars who are left to find their own way in the world without the skills and knowledge most people equip their kids with, thanks to dear old mom and dad.

2 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Yes! Perfect example! There are so many of these little moments sprinkled about their shows. 

Btw, don't get me started on Jill sneakily breaking the rules, because that will get me in lots of trouble. lol But Jilly muffin was a brave girl to do that.just  She did not seem to care either. Long before Jinger wore pants, Jill got her a little front hug on.:my_biggrin:

just went and watched that clip and oh my Michelle and her crazy eyes as she says needless to say I'm sure they won't let that happen again. Well JIm bob seriously didn't seem to give a shit. I swear Jim Bob would really let the courtship rules lax like Kelly and Gil but Michelle is crazy eyes controlling on every little move. thanks for making me look closer at it all. 

On 3/9/2018 at 2:23 PM, Georgiana said:

MAKAZIVILLE!!!!  I REMEMBER!!!!  IT WAS AMAZING!!

It was like Farmville, but with extra racist overtones, which is obviously what Farmville was lacking.  Also, they failed to put into place ANY kind of content control, so you could do fun things like name your character Tits2 McGee, FatJosh, UnpaidBabysitter, or Leeroy Jenkins! and plant your crops in the shape of a penis.  The screenshots we generated were incredible.  Just incredible.  

Some of my finest phallic art came from that game.  

Please Dear Rufus:

Let me live long enough to see "Planting my crops in the shape of a penis" designated as a user title.

Thank you,

Satan's Fortress

58 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Because Derick’s only in school right now. They need to live near his program, and when it’s over they will (hopefully!) need to move for a job.

Honestly at this point who would hire Derrick, especially if they saw his social media rants.

6 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Honestly at this point who would hire Derrick, especially if they saw his social media rants.

I only see conservative Christian organizations and churches. He owes a lot of apologies and should admit he lashed out at Jazz and TLC instead of admitting his issue is with JB. Referring to Jazz with the wrong pronoun was derogatory and makes him an asshole to the highest degree. Maybe in 5 years he will realize patriarchal beliefs failed him.

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

I only see Christian organizations and churches.

very limited ones at that, I feel bad for the Kids and Jill. 

5 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

very limited ones at that, I feel bad for the Kids and Jill. 

poor Izzy and Sam they and the M kids should form a my dad is such a disgrace not even a d list reality show wants him club. 

:56247958035f1_32(18):

3 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Derick is almost as unemployable as Josh at this point, no decent company is going to look at his twitter and think he's good for the company. Christian run companies would probably think he is too much of a risk, he has a talent for dropping people in it on social media, the hard-core fundies would probably hire Josh over Derick, as they see him as cured and forgiven, and less likely to say shit on social media, they wouldn't let him use the computer though. 

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Part of me wonders if the "allergist" he saw was one of those naturopaths who does phony blood tests and then says, "You're allergic to peanuts, dairy, meat, and air. Take these special $400 supplements and turn around in a circle on one leg every time there's a full moon, and you will be cured."

And PRAY to be healed. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Jim Bob says that he's always left if they have more kids up to Michelle I found that a bit shocking when I re watched it recently as it wasn't their parroted up to God answer. 

1 hour ago, RainbowSky said:

I don't see why it's shocking?

because she leads JB around by the dick. He thinks people don't see that.

49 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

It took me a long time to accept this about Michelle, but I believe she is savage.

This is an accurate and perfect description of Michelle, IMHO.

Jim Bob always struck me as the geeky school boy who pulled the popular pretty girl in school and hasn't a clue how he managed it, and I don't think that's changed over the years. Michelle seems to be the "brains" or the driving force behind their family and their belief system. I'm sure I remember her sitting in between a courting couple in their car to make sure they didn't actually touch, as well as her horror at the evil front hugging and the x-rated hand-holding during prayer time. JimBob can come across as a man who is still getting regular sex and 19 kids are just the price he is willing to pay for it. 

None of this changes the fact that their beliefs and their preaching/practice are completely reprehensible nor does it excuse their behaviour. Even if they weren't quiverfull I'm sure they would still be the homophobic, racist, bigoted, mean spirited nasty old couple that seems to live in every town, the world over. 

TL;DR - Jim Bob and Michelle are vile excuses for human beings regardless of who is in charge 

56 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Scripted by Michelle herself. In an old episode of 19K, we got a sneak peak into the editing genius that is Michelle Duggar. I can't remember if it was for the girl's book or their second book as parents, but I remember Jim Bob wanted to put something benign in. Michelle absolutely refused. Jim Bob pressed because it was something near and dear, but Michelle would not approve . And in her sweet pea voice, she consistently said no as if there was no option. Jim Bob relented. She is the one who made the final call on that book. I strongly suspect based on things I have seen from her on the show, social media and appearance snippets, that she edits their entire lives and she was doing it long before they had money for proper PR.

em a small space to free themselves. It took me a long time to accept this about Michelle, but I believe she is savage.

Well JIm Bob always did want to name one of the girls Julie or Julia and never happened heck she seemed to let the kids have more say on the names then her own husband. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived