IGNORED

Dillards 52: Making Life Look Complicated

Jellybean

I wonder if she is dressing up like that because of the brain washed bullshit fed to Anna about it being her fault Josh strayed. Market Place isn’t a fancy place but I wonder if Jill was trying to spice things up to be the ever pleasing wife. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Pick me up on your way. I don't like her either, but she and those babies deserve better.

As long as you chip in for gas and Carribou Coffee. 

15 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

I wonder if she is dressing up like that because of the brain washed bullshit fed to Anna about it being her fault Josh strayed. Market Place isn’t a fancy place but I wonder if Jill was trying to spice things up to be the ever pleasing wife. 

Jill is the one that is so hard to figure out. if any of the J daughters stayed strictly fundy in every way I figured it would be goody too shoes JIll. JInger wearing pants did not surprise me. Jill wearing pants gave me pause but with that nose ring I was just like WTF is going on over in Dullard land. 

Initially I thought, like many others here, that the wardrobe changes were to relate to college kids. But I'm starting to wonder if it's something else. Maybe the nose ring, pants, shorter dress etc. are a way for her to be more assertive in the confusing landscape she is navigating right now. It could be that she's exploring these things now that she doesn't have to keep in line with her parents' expectations since she's not on the TLC gravy train anymore and maybe not getting financial help from her parents anymore. I thought it was weird when they moved into an apartment that wasn't a Jim Bob property, but maybe now all of the pieces of the puzzle are fitting together a little more?

Derick deleting his tweets and blocking folks that ask specific questios about pay does not mean he is lying/misleading or telling the truth. We can not use that as fact until we have more information. For now we don't know if it was his decision, Jill's request, his mom, a Duggar's or even a legal team telling him to back off. 

If anything it seems to point to the sad notion that this is yet another thing this family pushes under the rug and moves on with a smile.

Also, in response to Derick is twisting words and speaking of Izzy's birth episode and Jill getting paid not Derrick, he has said twice now he and Jill thought they were volunteers just helping out with television. Both. Dos. Two. Him and Jill. And she is supporting this mess indirectly. I have no misgivings in believing she is apart of this exposure. But I don't know enough to firmly conclude it. 

But think about what that means. They were supporting television. We see this as their total focus but the way he speaks it is just one of their targets through the entire ministry. "Television" To crack this code, we gotta at least start thinking in fluent fundie.

I don't think Derick is the only one who feels this way because of other stuff posted over the years. However, I tend to at least consider what he is saying is possibly real because he is no longer on the show. He has no reason to pretend or fake or even drum up drama surrounding this topic except to save face. There are many other ways to gain attention besides causing a family war or legal nightmare.

This is MY opinion only and I am only speculating with my wild imagination but I believe that on 19 Kids & Counting AND Counting On, the in laws were volunteers but Jill & Jessa were paid.

I believe that Jill & Jessa put all of their money into a family trust (the more money, the more to invest with and the more potential reward as well) with Jim Bob’s name on the account and chose to allow their father to manage it as head of the home ministry. There were many rumors of JB stalling the negotiation process of a Jill & Jessa only show. JB probably wanted to maintain control in name to avoid a future family fight over this. I don’t think the kidults ever chose to be the only ones in charge of what they earned due to their beliefs of fathers being heads of the home.

I think when Jeremy and other in-laws came the into limelight, Derick became jealous especially after Jill agreed save the show and go on Fox News to defend her parents and Josh. 

After all, show’s title was Jill & Jessa Counting On... I think he grew upset that Jill may or may not have not had more of a share than other siblings. 

I think he wanted more money and pitched a fit. I think he chose to quit and make Jill quit to piss off JB in a “I’ll show you whose boss” way. I think he is influencing people-pleaser Jill’s wardrobe changes to tick off JB. Jill was JB’s jilly muffy and he couldn’t even handle Michelle wearing her hairstyle straight for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derick also no longer lives in the McMansions and when someone asked why he moved into their smaller house he said “The rent is cheaper”. That comment made me think he was feuding with JB. Also, he tweeted a few scriptures on infidelity for awhile and I think he’s stewing over the Josh scandal.

These are all the wild assumptions I’m making after seeing Derick’s tweets over the past 24 hours.

sam is 8 months such a little cutie  one thing I will give Jill is that she isn't always posting Izzy's next to sam's the way Jessa did that use to annoy me so much. I fear poor Henry will always be in Spurg's shadow. 

7 hours ago, Jellybean said:

I don’t know anything about orthodontics or maxillofacial surgery, but is it possible that Derick’s surgery would be considered a success from a medical, rather than cosmetic point of view? For example, if the aim was to protect his airway or allow him a more even bite?

I have no idea.  His palate is wider now.  The lecture focused on sleep apnea and the dental exam.  Often, we are the ones to catch it.  In the last few years sleep apnea has been much talked about and we send patients to go for a sleep test.  If it's mild to medium apnea, we make snore guards.  Even if severe, many won't wear the CPAP.  They will use a snore guard, which is better than nothing.  The surgery seemed to not be all that common. But, IDK for sure.  There was a lot of talk about using Invisalign to widen the arches.  

Now, I can give some insight to insurance billing / paying for orthodontics.  Insurance pays over the course of 1-2 years, if you are covered at all.  So, if D-wreck quit his job, insurance will stop paying for his braces even though he started while insured.  He is on the hook for his balance.  Not to mention his lack of follow-up.  His surgeon and ortho hate him for that!  Just stupid to do no matter why he did all that.

15 hours ago, marmalade said:

You really need to catch up on this thread. Derelict basically had a nervous breakdown which has now been erased from HIS twitter, but is screencapped everywhere. 

Didn't Derwood learn the fort rule about tweeting? Once it's on the internet, it's there forever!

15 minutes ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

Didn't Derwood learn the fort rule about tweeting? Once it's on the internet, it's there forever!

Do you think he deleted on his own or was influenced? 

I still can't reason how Josh, Jinger, Joy, and especially Jessa, have homes but Jill does not. The original CO was centered on Jill and Jessa- Ben does not have a job any more than Derick, and both wives had births that required hospital treatments, albeit Jill's would have been more costly. In addition, Derick had a real job for a year. How come the Dillards are homeless in Duggarville?

I think the way we're discussing Jill's future in all of this is getting very similar to how we've talked about Anna's for years. How complacent (or even at fault) is Jill in this situation, and how much is she a victim of cruel, patriarchal circumstance? It's hard to know these answers.

I have a hunch that Jill's celebrity and time so far from her family may have forced her to think for herself a little bit more than Anna was ever able to do pre-Joshgate (although Anna arguably had some of each too, but with a bigger handful of arrows). Obviously, we don't know this and should probably err on the side of caution with how we support any consumption of products D-wreck hypothetically puts out.

All of that said, I definitely want the Duggar empire to fall. I don't want them to have a platform for their hateful beliefs, and I don't want them to influence viewers to make regrettable life choices. I don't think there's any way for that fall to happen painlessly, and that's exactly what makes the children's plight so terrible and why JB are Michelle so cruel. This is the "shit" part of the shitshow. Of course, I hope the innocents in the situation get through it as unscathed as possible, but do I want Derrick and the other bigots to go unpunished just because that'll be easier for Jill or other women who in all likliness espouse the same views? Hell no. 

38 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

sam is 8 months such a little cutie  one thing I will give Jill is that she isn't always posting Izzy's next to sam's the way Jessa did that use to annoy me so much. I fear poor Henry will always be in Spurg's shadow. 

I wonder if part of that is because SES and HWS are so close in age? She needed to keep a close eye on both at all times because neither were safe being alone for even a few minutes? Also, IIRC, SES wasn't walking when HWS was born, so maybe, at least in the beginning, it was d/t containment issues. The Dillard boys are farther apart in age, so the cuteness quotient isn't as high.

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder if part of that is because SES and HWS are so close in age? She needed to keep a close eye on both at all times because neither were safe being alone for even a few minutes? Also, IIRC, SES wasn't walking when HWS was born, so maybe, at least in the beginning, it was d/t containment issues. The Dillard boys are farther apart in age, so the cuteness quotient isn't as high.

I am sure that is why her actual pics are like that I meant the month by month pics Jess always had SES and HWS pictures side by side as a comparison each month. it's like dang just let Henry have the spot light for a moment he is the one actually turning a new month. 

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I still can't reason how Josh, Jinger, Joy, and especially Jessa, have homes but Jill does not. The original CO was centered on Jill and Jessa- Ben does not have a job any more than Derick, and both wives had births that required hospital treatments, albeit Jill's would have been more costly. In addition, Derick had a real job for a year. How come the Dillards are homeless in Duggarville?

Jill always got the huge houses and then she moved to the mission field and JIm Bob sold it. then she came back but everyone knew she was leaving again soon so it was the guest house. then she got fired. at one point Jill and Jessa were looking at houses Jim Bob had for Jessa and for when Jill was fully back so I bet if she hadn't been fired she would have gotten a house. Jim Bob had nothing to do with Joy's house that was all Austin and I doubt JInger and Jeremy had help buying there house  who knows what is going on with Josh's house but really Ben and Jessa are the only married daughter couple living off JB right now. 

My opinion is that Derick is steadily building a reputation for himself as a douche and possible liar, and this will not help him sell a tell-all book.  If enough people tend to believe he's full of it, and already know that tweets disappear, why would they want to spend money on him and what he has to say?

I suspect that Derick is dangling the "tell-all" concept to get money he feels he's owed out of JB.  If so, I'd be amazed if it worked.

@Ivycoveredtower

my theory is that Jill is a people pleaser. She never has had her own opinions or owned any of her beliefs. She reminds me of my sister in law. My SIL was the perfect fundie wife to be. She was great at everything 1950s and loved Leslie Ludie self help books and could parrot everything about being submissive and sweet. One day she realized she actually wasn't happy (after her first romance went south) and started to parrot other people's beliefs without still owning her own opinions. Now she is much less fundie outwardly, but still cannot think for herself, even though she thinks she is she is honestly just parroting her fiance. I feel like Jill is just doing the same thing. She used to parrot Jim Bob, but now she likes the looks of her mega church so she parrots them. They also happen to allow pants and piercings. She may also become resentful of her parents like my SIL did because she felt like they were responsible for her limited world view, even though she continues to limit herself....(I'm not bitter *cough*)

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

My opinion is that Derick is steadily building a reputation for himself as a douche and possible liar, and this will not help him sell a tell-all book.  If enough people tend to believe he's full of it, and already know that tweets disappear, why would they want to spend money on him and what he has to say?

I suspect that Derick is dangling the "tell-all" concept to get money he feels he's owed out of JB.  If so, I'd be amazed if it worked.

I don't know a tell all book by one of the in laws even if you're not sure how truthful it might be to much to pass up. 

23 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Cutest little fellow ever!

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Jill is the one that is so hard to figure out. if any of the J daughters stayed strictly fundy in every way I figured it would be goody too shoes JIll. JInger wearing pants did not surprise me. Jill wearing pants gave me pause but with that nose ring I was just like WTF is going on over in Dullard land. 

Nose rings in Indian culture are supposed to help women with their reproductive organs etc.... someone who grew up Quiver Full said its all the rage right now.

2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Nose rings in Indian culture are supposed to help women with their reproductive organs etc.... someone who grew up Quiver Full said its all the rage right now.

wow interesting. it will be nutty if we see a bunch of fundie's walking around with nose rings. 

@NakedKnees  I really appreciate most of what you said in your post. I agree with much of it, especially about Jill possibly thinking for herself a little and the hint of accountability for the women who continue to uphold this type of patriarchal structure. Are they at least to be blamed as enablers if nothing more?

I have long suspected that our favorite fundie Stepford wife, Michelle Duggar has been the mastermind of this operation, :output_eeMbjt:working diligently from the passenger seat of the machine since the beginning.  Jim Bob usually gets most of the blame, but he is the muscles mostly due to his charisma and connections. 

I think there are numerous examples to support this claim about Michelle, but one importantly is seen in her daughters who almost all (except maybe Jinger) would be aggressive leader types if they lived in the progressive world. We know this because they have been called names that are typically used to suppress strong-will women,  Jana- bossy, Jill - competitive, Jessa - mean, Joy - rough. 

Jill may be a sneaky goody two-shoes, but she had a passion for nursing and found a way to get her a piece of paper beyond anything any of her siblings have done. If her primary goal wasn't to be wife and mother, she would have done so much more career wise.   Who did they learn this from? Jim Bob? Jana, who is in the same age group as them (excluding Joy)? No, these girls have seen an example of womanhood that looks just like that and they have patterned it within the confines of fundamentalist Christianity. 

Even in times when Jim Bob seems to want to stay away from it for a moment, she is right there to keep everyone on track and phony as hell. 

All I am saying is this picture has a panoramic view. 

14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

This doesn't sound right to me, though... these are the same people who believe there are demons in Cabbage Patch dolls. I have a hard time believing that they'd embrace some kind of scary heathen Indian fertility ritual (phrasing it as they might, for the record).

7 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

@NakedKnees  I really appreciate most of what you said in your post. I agree with much of it, especially about Jill possibly thinking for herself a little and the hint of accountability for the women who continue to uphold this type of patriarchal structure. Are they at least to be blamed as enablers if nothing more?

I have long suspected that our favorite fundie Stepford wife, Michelle Duggar has been the mastermind of this operation, :output_eeMbjt:working diligently from the passenger seat of the machine since the beginning.  Jim Bob usually gets most of the blame, but he is the muscles mostly due to his charisma and connections. 

I think there are numerous examples to support this claim about Michelle, but one importantly is seen in her daughters who almost all (except maybe Jinger) would be aggressive leader types if they lived in the progressive world. We know this because they have been called names that are typically used to suppress strong-will women,  Jana- bossy, Jill - competitive, Jessa - mean, Joy - rough. 

Jill may be a sneaky goody two-shoes, but she had a passion for nursing and found a way to get her a piece of paper beyond anything any of her siblings have done. If her primary goal wasn't to be wife and mother, she would have done so much more career wise.   Who did they learn this from? Jim Bob? Jana, who is in the same age group as them (excluding Joy)? No, these girls have seen an example of womanhood that looks just like that and they have patterned it within the confines of fundamentalist Christianity. 

Even in times when Jim Bob seems to want to stay away from it for a moment, she is right there to keep everyone on track and phony as hell. 

All I am saying is this picture has a panoramic view. 

I talked about this in another thread can't remember which but in 16 kids and moving in at about the 4:30 mark Jim Bob says that he's always left if they have more kids up to Michelle I found that a bit shocking when I re watched it recently as it wasn't their parroted up to God answer. 

6 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I talked about this in another thread can't remember which but in 16 kids and moving in at about the 4:30 mark Jim Bob says that he's always left if they have more kids up to Michelle I found that a bit shocking when I re watched it recently as it wasn't their parroted up to God answer. 

He's said that a few times iirc.

I don't see why it's shocking?

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived