IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates - part 4

laPapessaGiovanna

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Maybe Whit is so Ott about the kids growing up because these are the only ones she plans on having. One can hope....

Even if she has two or three more it will be a manageable number and she'd have a nice spacing. No 5 under 5 for her!

The snooze fest sports special last night was all old footage. I am amazed at how much Zach and Whitney have changed physically. They both look healthier and much more attractive and polished. 

If you compare the first year to present, most, if not all of the older kids have cleaned up quite a bit. 

I agree, Zach and Whitney definitely look healthier than they did when married. Whitney seems to love her job and her life in general and Zach seems to enjoy being a policeman.

Glad Whitney let us know that Kaci is "all girl" in her instagram post. I would've questioned that maybe she was .003% boy at some point. :pb_lol: 

30 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Glad Whitney let us know that Kaci is "all girl" in her instagram post. I would've questioned that maybe she was .003% boy at some point. :pb_lol: 

Yeah exactly :pb_rollseyes:
And the way she goes on about Kaci LOVING to wear curlers and so on, it's like do you think that she is going to stay this way absolutely 100% the rest of her life forever?! Like, she's one year old.....I think her interests MIGHT change over the course of the next 10-20 years....ugh.
Not that being very feminine and girly is a bad thing, but I think we all know there isn't much choice involved here....that's the problem.

They'll make sure she stays "ALL GIRL FOREVAAA" as if their lives depended on it...... *sigh*

2 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

Yeah exactly :pb_rollseyes:
And the way she goes on about Kaci LOVING to wear curlers and so on, it's like do you think that she is going to stay this way absolutely 100% the rest of her life forever?! Like, she's one year old.....I think her interests MIGHT change over the course of the next 10-20 years....ugh.
Not that being very feminine and girly is a bad thing, but I think we all know there isn't much choice involved here....that's the problem.

They'll make sure she stays "ALL GIRL FOREVAAA" as if their lives depended on it...... *sigh*

I can't recall, did she do this with Bradley? Have to insist that he's "all boy?"

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I can't recall, did she do this with Bradley? Have to insist that he's "all boy?"

I'm not sure, I haven't gone back far enough into her IG to check.
It seems like in the early days when Bradley was first born, she was more overwhelmed with the whole idea of being a wifey and momma, she was very young and sheltered.

I think (please correct me if it's not the case) when Bradley got older and started enjoying sports/cars/"boy stuff", she praised that behavior, so I think in general, they are very excited and love to showcase their children doing "gender approved" activities, behavior.

That being said, I would LOVE if Kaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyci LYYYYYYYYYnnnnnnnnnnn became a tomboy and told "momma" to go shove her curlers up her butt so she could go ride dirt bikes with her Bates boy cousins, but I doubt that'll ever be allowed.

Picturing Whitney's face gives me a good laugh though.

I wasn't sure if I should put this in the Zachney thread or the Josie thread, but we already know Josie is working so the bigger news I think is Whitney's. 1. I'm giving Whitney props for writing something more enthusiastic of "girl power" or Josie working than anyone else I've seen. She is clearly valuing her hard-earned accomplishments over her being a beautiful SAHD. ANNNNDDD this convinces me that Whitney will not be giving up her own job any time soon (unless Zach throws a horrible fundie man fit which I thankfully can't imagine). 2. The fact that Whitney calls Kaci Lynn sissy is super weird to me. 3. The Bateseseses have def fooled the public because of the comments on this post (bolded is mine)...

tiff121418Thank you @thebatesfam for encouraging your children to follow their dreams and for not holding them back. What amazing role models they are!!

meplusoneequalssevenI love how the Bates family encourages their children to further their education. You guys ROCK

4 hours ago, neurogirl said:
2. The fact that Whitney calls Kaci Lynn sissy is super weird to me. 

Yes! This has always seemed weird to me too. Is this something that is more common in certain areas/states in the US, or maybe common in the US overall? And what would be 'normal' circumstances in which one would use the nickname sissy?
I've heard Leah from teen mom 2 use sissy as well for one of the twins, when she addresses one of them and then mentions the other; for instance, "leave sissy alone!", or "we need to go to the hospital with sissy", things like that. 

On 2/14/2018 at 3:58 PM, Kelsey said:

Maybe Whit is so Ott about the kids growing up because these are the only ones she plans on having. One can hope....

I would not be surprised at all if Whit stopped at the two she has.  No way of knowing for sure, but she really seems to enjoy her life right now: her kids, her job, her new home and her life with Zach.  I think she probably knows that having more would change that balance and she's fine with things as they are, at least for now.

I think now that Whit is a bit older, she's settling more into who she is as opposed to when she married Zach.  She was still quite young and had come out of a presumably difficult childhood.   She's happy now with her own family and is more comfortable being her own self.  I say good for her!

I've heard sissy used,too.On a local FB group,a woman wanted to put her daughter into 4 year  old Kindergarten.This child's birthday is in September,after the cut off date.She was complaining about it in November.She said her daughter was very upset that she could not go to "big girl school" with her sissy..her older sister.I think Whitney is very happy with things as they are now.

4 hours ago, Marly said:

Yes! This has always seemed weird to me too. Is this something that is more common in certain areas/states in the US, or maybe common in the US overall? And what would be 'normal' circumstances in which one would use the nickname sissy?

In my area, Sis/Sissy is used in reference to the girls in the family, and Bub/Bubby/Bubba is used for the boys, as terms of endearment. They’re terms mostly taught to (and used by) little kids who can’t say sister/brother/full names very well, so my brother was bubby to me growing up, and I was sissy. That being said, they’re also used by the adults who were present when said children were little, sort of like those parents who still call each other Mom and Dad when their kids are grown adults.

My sister and I call each other Sissy. It just a term of endearment mostly used by Southerners.

4 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I would not be surprised at all if Whit stopped at the two she has. 

I don't think she'll stop having kids entirely, but I can totally see her waiting some more time for baby 3. She'll try to make the gaps in between pregnancies longer and longer.

From SW Ohio and any young girl in a family ends up called "sis/sissy" and sometimes "sister". All lovingly. I'm an only child and sometimes my grandparents referred to me as Sissy lol. 

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

I don't think she'll stop having kids entirely, but I can totally see her waiting some more time for baby 3. She'll try to make the gaps in between pregnancies longer and longer.

I also can see that if she has more children she will space them out further.

My brothers have always called me sissy.  It started when one brother was young & had a stutter.  He couldn't say my name, but he could say sissy.  It stuck & they both call me sissy to this day. 

Sharing this just because it seemingly confirms that Beagle Bates is still around. I still have no clue what the dog was named, but he is pretty cute in that photo.

(I guess Whit looks nice too... but that dog! :pb_lol:)

ETA: Either his name is Boomer or Beckym has taken her creepy to a new level by naming the Bates’ pets. 

Spoiler

4C65585A-3CA3-4D32-A522-4FA150F2F932.thumb.png.6a5d1ef00dcc2fc8932472055bbd4bda.png

On 2/25/2018 at 7:15 AM, RosyDaisy said:

My sister and I call each other Sissy. It just a term of endearment mostly used by Southerners.

Yep. I’m from the south. My little sister called me Sissy until she was like twelve lol. All of our younger children called our oldest daughter Sissy for their first five years or so. We all kinda call her that sometimes still. 

12 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Yep. I’m from the south. My little sister called me Sissy until she was like twelve lol. All of our younger children called our oldest daughter Sissy for their first five years or so. We all kinda call her that sometimes still. 

There are some Southern nicknames I don't like but I have a soft spot for Sissy. Maybe it's because I'm Sissy in our family. We grew up being like siblings with some of our cousins and this bunch still often introduces me to folks as "Sissy" before they remember I have a name. And we're all in our 30s/early 40s!

On 2/25/2018 at 11:15 AM, RosyDaisy said:

I’m in Michigan and I’ll refer to my daughters as sissy to their baby brother sometimes.  *shrug*

Anyone catch Whitney's latest instagram story where Bradley was wearing her EarPods and dancing around? She commented about how he haves moves! I guess they're not opposed to good music and dancing!

Which would definitely a big change compared to the way Zach and his siblings were raised. ATI/IBLP is heavily against dancing, even when it comes to toddlers. In one of the older 17KAC episodes you can see one of the J'Slaves stopping a little boy from dancing to a some music toy in a store.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived