IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates - part 4

laPapessaGiovanna

Also, any ideas on the who the youths are in the first pic? I don't recognize them as Bates kids.

Spoiler

IMG_3083.thumb.PNG.fb82704bd9cbbbb351830629f5dfd859.PNG

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also in the team of "no obsene amounts of kids for Zack and Whitney" I think 4 or 5. I hope they will try some spacing now when they are renovating their house and Whitney is working. If they achieve a 3-4 year gap the kids will still all be very young and play with each other but there will be less diapers and more independent older kids and not a baby and  an almost baby and then adding another baby... I am hoping but it would not surprise me if there is another announcement in a couple of months.

6 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Also, any ideas on the who the youths are in the first pic? I don't recognize them as Bates kids.

They are Bateses, I think. The one on the right is Isaiah. Not as sure about the one in the middle- I THINK that's Jackson? And that's Zach on the left.

tWhitney and Zach have more reno updates:

Tacky taste aside, I do think it's interesting how much Whitney seems to concentrate on her and Zach working as a team.

I do applaud Zach and Whitney for opting for a fixer upper. It is no easy feat, however, they get the chance to make the house their own. From what I've researched, property is very affordable in East Tennessee. My grandma was able to purchase a 3 bed/ 2 bath for 62K. They have also been married for 4 years, so it was definitely time. I've mentioned earlier since Zach has stable employment and Whitney has her real estate gig, it would be a shame if they didn't buy a home. Since they were renting, they were likely able to save to get a nice down payment.

Maybe they used credit cards to build enough credit or they went through the underwriting process for the mortgage.

I hope Whitney's hopping up on Zach's back is another sign that she's not expecting lil' bundle #3

17 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I hope Whitney's hopping up on Zach's back is another sign that she's not expecting lil' bundle #3

I don't think it's that. It's the stuff one can be exposed to during a reno. She seems to be heavily involved in renovating the home, I can probably assume if she knew she was expecting, she wouldn't be exposing herself to paint and stuff.

I don’t remember who was excited to see renovation photos, but Whit added two more to her Instagram Stories:

01ABAF94-7ADE-4A99-9A37-44AF7C2E124C.thumb.png.69ba3f02074e96f73aede54aa25ff0af.png

Spoiler

19EEDCF6-0FE0-4BD2-828E-C5C06917C38F.thumb.png.b4b1c8c87f1825c4f462aa4592c743a2.png

I don't mind the countertops. I don't think it is what I would chose, but depending on the other fixtures and backsplash they could be fine. 

The countertop would be too busy on my eyes and feels a little bit outdated to me (90s). I know marble is back big time but often in softer contrasts (if you want to go all the way down Pinterest).

I think the countertops are fabulous, and I don't think will look as busy once they are laying on top of the counter.

I have to say, I am loving Whitney's (and Zach....but let's be real it's Whitney) whole look that seems to be developing during the renovation. I think it's classy, and I admit I do love classic/modern Southern interior design....if that's what she ends up with. From what I've seen from Bailey Real Estate, their instagram seems to reflect that sort of vibe.

Go Whitney!!!

I thought the counter tops were pretty cool.

We have gray granite counter tops with our white cabinets, our counter tops aren’t as busy as Whitney’s but I do like what she picked. Actually the tile in my bathroom behind the shower and tub is very similar to her counter top lol.

I am going to admit that I am slightly jealous of the Duggars and Bates’ abilities to do home renovations. We have a newly built home but we didn’t lift a finger, because we have no handyman abilities. It’s admittedly cool that they are all so handy.

They’ve come a long way since the green/blue baby room wall debate and Winnie the Pooh decor. They seem to be more into modern styles now and Whitney seems to watch Fixer Upper so I’m sure they are getting inspiration from that.

8 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

The countertop would be too busy on my eyes and feels a little bit outdated to me (90s). I know marble is back big time but often in softer contrasts (if you want to go all the way down Pinterest).

Shouldn't you just pick what you like, without worrying about what's "back" and what isn't?

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

Shouldn't you just pick what you like, without worrying about what's "back" and what isn't?

One totally should. On the other hand there is nothing wrong in seeing something new/trendy and liking it and trying to achieve the new look. There is reason why there are always trends in dressing and living. Most are affected by it that is why it’s trend.

Whitney is very fashionable in my eyes and she seems to be on trend. So her countertop looks like she has taking a liking to marble. It might be a coincidence that marble is trend right now. I wouldn’t know. So wether she just likes it or she liked the trend but didn’t 100% got it right. I don’t care, both reasons are fine by me. Still don’t like this type of marble. I love a nice solid wood countertop. 

5 hours ago, Hisey said:

Personal opinion: In ZachNey’s case? Yes because they appear to intend to live there for some time. 

If you don’t intend to stay in your home long term (less than ten years), then you may want to consider other options that appeal to both yourself and other buyers. That’s what husband and I have been doing since we bought our condo 4.5 years ago. We’re hoping to buy a single family house in the next two or three years, so opting for more neutral/buyer friendly updates that we like well enough has been how we’ve picked flooring, paint colors, etc.

20 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Personal opinion: In ZachNey’s case? Yes because they appear to intend to live there for some time. 

If you don’t intend to stay in your home long term (less than ten years), then you may want to consider other options that appeal to both yourself and other buyers. That’s what husband and I have been doing since we bought our condo 4.5 years ago. We’re hoping to buy a single family house in the next two or three years, so opting for more neutral/buyer friendly updates that we like well enough has been how we’ve picked flooring, paint colors, etc.

I actually came to this thread to say the same thing. My parents haven't updated the home much since they bought it. They just pulled carpet in the living area because of my allergy issues and the carpet and linoleum in the bedrooms and bathrooms, respectively because the house flooded.

The stone does look a bit much in that picture, but once it's cut to size and is in with the other kitchen elements I think it will look nice. 

It's probably a good choice from the perspective it will be very durable and not show mess too much. Great considering the age of their kids and size of extended family.

Wow Jackson looks so much older in those first renovation pics than the last time I saw him.  

Damn it- I watched on of the teaser videos that are embedded on Lily and Ellie’s Blog. „The benevolent Bates“

Guys- Whitney‘s look is very far from their modest ideas. (From 01:20) We all have seen them going down the more relaxed modern modest route, but I think she went even further with this outfit. I love it and I think she looks stunning in it.  But WOW! The skirt looks quite short while sitting and this top definitely draws attention to her chest area (are we allowed to say boobs?). I also feel like it is a big deal that she obviously stays true to her new style in the presence of the family and even with them on TV. I think we all assumed she would hold the line when she was filmed with them. I am sure she will appear in pants with them in no time. 

I am so intrigued which rules and ideas those two have for their family? Would love to see the kids being enrolled in a real school. Probably Christian, but contact to other children outside this family and IBLP would be great!

Whitney's skirt might not actually really be shorter than Erin's or any of the other girls, but she's the only one sitting with her legs crossed so that's probably making it look shorter than it is. The blouse is definitely bordering on the Bates version of risque though! She looks great. Shame about the cult though. 

I love the counter tops. I like anything that can be a little unique without being too over the top. We had similar ones in a house we renovated eight years ago.  (I miss it now, lol, we had to move).  

As for Whit and Zach, I actually really liked him in this last episode, talking about the time he drove off with the gas handle still attached to the car because he was so distracted being so in love with Whitney.  Very self effacing.  Yes, he is still all about the patriarchy and has some disgusting beliefs. I am not excusing it.  I just liked him a little better in this episode, he seemed more like I could relate to him. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived