IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 7: Now Potentially with Scandal

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Is she still gifting clothes? I have not seen her tagged for a while.

Maybe she lost her interest with having a boy to match.

I thought I saw Carlin thank her (Tikki) for a gift recently, but Alyssa seems to be getting a lot of her clothes from Ivy City Co--I assume they give her a discount/freebies

• Upvote 5

In addition to influencer pressure reasons, I think part of the reason Carlin and Josie and Whitney dress like they’re going to a nightclub is because they’ve never BEEN to a nightclub. And they never will. This is also why Alyssa Webster takes photos in evening gowns in the parking lot of Red Lobster. 

Even in rural areas, a lot of people have a series of homecoming dances and proms, maybe followed by college formals or sorority mixers. Or travel to an urban area where they hit up a bar or lounge. But these are girlie girls who were deprived of all of it.

Weddings are the only dressy events where they can break out the cocktail dresses. And church (see Alyssa’s decked out Sunday Instagram posts in 5 inch stilettos). 

I also think Tori, Michaela and Erin don’t dress the way they do bc of body type. They are still “modest” in the way they were raised. So skin tight and knee length is still not modest. That’s why they wear those long loose sleeveless cardigan things over anything remotely form fitting. And I also think they see flashiness or a show of wealth or drawing too much attention to yourself as immodest and materialistic, and therefore ungodly. Remember when Michaela chose the cheaper wedding gown that she didn’t even like? Modesty. No wonder these two groups of sisters don’t speak to each other. Contrast that with Carlin’s look-at-me-dance princess-for-a-day plantation weddingpalooza. 

Re how many kids they’ll each have, Tori, Michael and Erin will have as many as the lord will bless them with. Katie will have 3 bc apparently that was in her marriage contract. No one else will have more than 6. I think 6 fits the “look at our adorable loving big family” aesthetic, they can all still fit in a big fashionable expensive vehicle and not have to buy a mini bus and look like the type of religious freaks who likely have kids in matching prairie dresses. You hit 7 kids and it starts to enter that territory.  6 is just wow what a big happy blessed family who’s not miserable and living in poverty. It’s manageable by their standards. 

• Upvote 18

12 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Is she still gifting clothes? I have not seen her tagged for a while.

Maybe she lost her interest with having a boy to match.

Maybe she's still gifting but asked not to be tagged anymore. I bet she got some crazy DMs from poop touchers. 

eta Just checked, and her IG is now private. 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Johannah said:

Re how many kids they’ll each have, Tori, Michael and Erin will have as many as the lord will bless them with. Katie will have 3 bc apparently that was in her marriage contract. 

Wtf?! Normally I'm of the opinion that I want these fundies to have as few children as possible. In this case I hope her third pregnancy involves multiples just to screw this up!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

Wtf?! Normally I'm of the opinion that I want these fundies to have as few children as possible. In this case I hope her third pregnancy involves multiples just to screw this up!

Don’t worry there’s no evidence there was an actual contract. However it’s extremely weird that the Clark grandparents had three children. Then each of their three children had three children. And now none of the married grandchildren have had more than 3 children. Katie has said she wants 3 or 4 children. I think she said the four just to add some spice. But I bet it will be three. 

• Upvote 11

On 10/25/2023 at 1:47 AM, Johannah said:

Re how many kids they’ll each have, Tori, Michael and Erin will have as many as the lord will bless them with. Katie will have 3 bc apparently that was in her marriage contract. No one else will have more than 6. I think 6 fits the “look at our adorable loving big family” aesthetic, they can all still fit in a big fashionable expensive vehicle and not have to buy a mini bus and look like the type of religious freaks who likely have kids in matching prairie dresses. You hit 7 kids and it starts to enter that territory.  6 is just wow what a big happy blessed family who’s not miserable and living in poverty. It’s manageable by their standards. 

I’m curious to see if that will be the case.

Which Bates kid has how many children now? I feel like I’m losing track. Has anyone hit 6 yet?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenBeans said:

I’m curious to see if that will be the case.

Which Bates kid has how many children now? I feel like I’m losing track. Has anyone hit 6 yet?

Erin is pregnant with #6. Alyssa has 5 and Tori is pregnant with #5.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Zach has 5 as well, right?

Yes. I wouldn’t be surprised if Whit/Zach hit six in the next couple of years. I think Alyssa might be done though because she finally got her golden boy. 

• Upvote 3

Lawson made a big fuss over Erin in the wedding video about being the first one to make 6 with Tori, Whitney, and Alyssa all having 5. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Zach has 5 as well, right?

Oops, forgot Zach. I see him with a couple more. Whitney seems to have the energy to do it. 

• Upvote 3

Unlike other fundie families or in Zach and Whitney's case a more fundie light family, Whitney has a husband that does most if not all the cooking. That's probably a big load off of her and helps with her energy.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Do we know when Tori is due? I am intrigued to see what “made up” atrocity of a name she inflicts on this next blessing. 

No. But its definitely in 2024. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/2/2023 at 10:11 AM, Angelface said:

Do we know when Tori is due? I am intrigued to see what “made up” atrocity of a name she inflicts on this next blessing. 

If we count Kade as Robert, then baby #5 is due for a normal name 😂 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Here’s hoping! I have absolutely no idea why I am so invested in learning the name of a baby I will never meet. I don’t actually really care for Tori tbh. She came over as such a whiny brat on BUB and was so ghastly to Bobby pre-engagement frequently demanding a ring! Very little modesty methinks. Anyhow, I await the name announcement with glee. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/2/2023 at 11:00 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

No. But its definitely in 2024. 

She seems to be a ways behind Josie since she wasn’t showing at the wedding. But she was definitely pregnant by the end of August because that is when they took the pictures Kelly used for the reveal. So my guess is that she is due at the end of April and will give birth before that. So about 6-8 weeks behind Josie (and crazy that she and Josie had Hazel and Charlotte at the same time and Tori had a whole other baby before them being pregnant together again)”:

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2

On 11/4/2023 at 6:49 AM, CanadianMamam said:

A "normal name"? What does that mean?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

• 2 months later...

what is the longest/shortest tori has gone between pregnancies? I feel like she is literally always pregnant. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

The gap between No 4 and this one will be the longest.... the longest before that was between Kade (Nov 2018) and the second (whose name I can't think of right now) March 2020 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hazelbunny said:

The gap between No 4 and this one will be the longest.... the longest before that was between Kade (Nov 2018) and the second (whose name I can't think of right now) March 2020 

Kolter. Doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1