IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates - part 4

laPapessaGiovanna

Whitney is becoming my favorite. Her reaction to Evans over the top production asking Carlin to enter a courtship cracked me up. It is pretty subtle but she has the exact response most people would have. (Without exactly saying it, she indicated that it was a bit much)

Last night after Bobby and Tori’s engagement,  I loved it when she said, At some point someone is just going to have to ask them to marry them! 

Both reactions seemed out of place because they were so normal!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well darn.  This may be somewhat OT but didn't know where to put it.  Just saw that Sarah Reith, Zach's former "courtee", is no longer engaged.    I remember reading that she was engaged some time ago but recently wondered if she got married.  I searched on here and turns out things went kaput sometime last fall.  Wasn't around FJ much during that time as it was during my Dad's illness so I missed the posts.   

Was happy to hear she was engaged, but it seems that just like when she and Zach busted up, all references to their courtship was wiped off the Reith's blog and seems she's done the same on her IG.  Wonder what happened.  Always felt that it was her decision to end the courtship with Zach but I don't get the same feeling that is what happened here but who knows.

Like Whitney at the time she and Zach met, Sarah had some things going on in her life.  She was no typical SAHD in fundieland.  I think that is what Zach liked about both of them.  It's no surprise to me that Whitney is venturing out with the realtor work.  

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Lawson also posted them watching Little Rascals... I think he’ll end up having a tv when he’s married too

Of course, Lawson is super mainstream and tryndyyy

10 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Well darn.  This may be somewhat OT but didn't know where to put it.  Just saw that Sarah Reith, Zach's former "courtee", is no longer engaged.    I remember reading that she was engaged some time ago but recently wondered if she got married.  I searched on here and turns out things went kaput sometime last fall.  Wasn't around FJ much during that time as it was during my Dad's illness so I missed the posts.   

Was happy to hear she was engaged, but it seems that just like when she and Zach busted up, all references to their courtship was wiped off the Reith's blog and seems she's done the same on her IG.  Wonder what happened.  Always felt that it was her decision to end the courtship with Zach but I don't get the same feeling that is what happened here but who knows.

Like Whitney at the time she and Zach met, Sarah had some things going on in her life.  She was no typical SAHD in fundieland.  I think that is what Zach liked about both of them.  It's no surprise to me that Whitney is venturing out with the realtor work.  

I think a lot about Sarah, to be honest. I feel really sorry for her. I also think she was the one that ended the relationship with Zach, but this time it seems like it was the other way around. A broken heart sucks so very badly, but it must be hell when you are living in a cult where you are now considered damaged good and people claim that your heart isn't whole anymore. I hope she'll find her happy place.

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Lawson also posted them watching Little Rascals... I think he’ll end up having a tv when he’s married too

Jeb and Judson watch mainstream cartoons. Kelly and Gil have been allowing TV for years. The TV-beast thing is over for most fundies these days.

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Jeb and Judson watch mainstream cartoons. Kelly and Gil have been allowing TV for years. The TV-beast thing is over for most fundies these days.

And the other way around, most of my friends with kinds (very liberal, open minded people) don't allow mainstream cartoons or TV in general for their kids. Selected shows on Netflix or youtube or a DVD every once in a while, but as a special occasion. No daily TV time or things like that. 

I got rid of my TV five years ago and I don't regret it one bit. I do have Netflix and enjoy watching shows or movies, but I just can't stand watching TV anymore. There are just too many ads and I don't have the opportunity to watch things in English. 

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

And the other way around, most of my friends with kinds (very liberal, open minded people) don't allow mainstream cartoons or TV in general for their kids. Selected shows on Netflix or youtube or a DVD every once in a while, but as a special occasion. No daily TV time or things like that. 

I got rid of my TV five years ago and I don't regret it one bit. I do have Netflix and enjoy watching shows or movies, but I just can't stand watching TV anymore. There are just too many ads and I don't have the opportunity to watch things in English. 

Me too. I don't watch tv unless it's Netflix. I don't have time or energy most of the time so why pay for cable? Not worth it, imo. Also, tv sucks nowadays... I'll probably won't let my future kids watch unless it's selected shows or movies in services like Netflix, Hulu, etc...

I'm glad the culture of tv is kinda over, being attached to a tv all day seems awful to me, i'd rather read a book or do some activity.

I love TV, there's so many great shows on right now. To be fair, I only watch at night after everything else is settled down. 

I feel like Steve Maxwell is the only fundie still calling TV a beast. So many other at least watch fundie approved shows. 

14 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I spy Madagascar 2 and Netflix. One small step for the Bates kids... at least Zach and Whit’s.

F0FEF6F3-B47B-454A-8E42-64CD16B0739C.jpeg

Loving the colors/look of the place so far!!! and Kaci Lynn is such a cutie.

I peeped the bday cake in the corner there, since it's pink we can assume it's for a girl's birthday, wonder who is celebrating at Zach and Whitney's house specifically?

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Is that TV on the floor?

Yes. They likely haven't set everything up in their new house yet. So TV on the floor for the time being! 

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

I think a lot about Sarah, to be honest. I feel really sorry for her. I also think she was the one that ended the relationship with Zach, but this time it seems like it was the other way around. A broken heart sucks so very badly, but it must be hell when you are living in a cult where you are now considered damaged good and people claim that your heart isn't whole anymore. I hope she'll find her happy place.

I get the impression that they broke up at a point that wedding planning was firmly underway and the wedding not too far off (believe the wedding was for December?).   I checked her IG around last spring and that's when I learned she was engaged.  She seemed so happy with her fiance.   It's got to be tough and hope this second failed relationship (as far as we know) won't make it more difficult to find happiness down the line (meaning the giving "pieces of your heart" nonsense).  It was apparent she was really looking forward to getting married.

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Running out of sister moms to watch our kids?  Time for the TV babysitter! 

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Where have you seen them say that? Kelly and Gil have said in multiple episodes that they do not have broadcasts tv and only watch old 50s shows from time to time unless the kids got on Zach’s.

They’ve shown the smaller kids in character outfits from time to time but that doesn’t mean they watch those shows.

7 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I'm glad the culture of tv is kinda over, being attached to a tv all day seems awful to me, i'd rather read a book or do some activity.

I wouldn't say TV culture is over, it's just shifted to the internet. If you think of it in terms of "passive screen time," I'd say most of us do far more of that now than twenty years ago. Which is why I find it weird when Fundies say they don't have a TV or don't watch TV. If you are using Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, or YouTube, you are doing what most of us consider "watching TV."

I’m pretty sure Erin’s kids watch movies. I think it was last years Valentine’s Day party when they showed Erin holding a gift. I’m so weird I rewound and paused it, sure enough one of the gifts in her hand was the DVD Frozen.

I guess it’s possible that she watched the movie without her kids though. 

13 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I wouldn't say TV culture is over, it's just shifted to the internet. If you think of it in terms of "passive screen time," I'd say most of us do far more of that now than twenty years ago. Which is why I find it weird when Fundies say they don't have a TV or don't watch TV. If you are using Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, or YouTube, you are doing what most of us consider "watching TV."

I agree. I meant TV as in sitting in front of an actual tv and using it as a babysitter or a way to entertain yourself the whole damn day. I don't own a tv, I watch Netflix on my laptop and kindle fire sometimes...

At least where I live most young people barely can do an hour of streaming services a day and I love that, back when I grew up I used to sit in front of the tv for hours and hours to watch cartoons or play videogames, that's awful to me.

5 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I agree. I meant TV as in sitting in front of an actual tv and using it as a babysitter or a way to entertain yourself the whole damn day. I don't own a tv, I watch Netflix on my laptop and kindle fire sometimes...

At least where I live most young people barely can do an hour of streaming services a day and I love that, back when I grew up I used to sit in front of the tv for hours and hours to watch cartoons or play videogames, that's awful to me.

I'm pretty sure young people today are spending way more time in front of screens than years ago. In fact, I have two young people in my house, so I can say this for sure. 

Just now, Hisey said:

I'm pretty sure young people today are spending way more time in front of screens than years ago. In fact, I have two young people in my house, so I can say this for sure. 

I said HERE where I live, in this culture.

I'm divided on the TV topic.  We have a TV with cable, we also have netflix, amazon prime and a ton of DVDs that we swap around with friends.   That said, we don't watch too much actual screen time.  My son is allowed one 25 min episode of on demand cartoons every night after finishing his chores/before bed.  My husband watches MSNBC or HBO at night while working.  I watch Youtube and the Duggars/Bates when they are on.  On the weekends we watch movies.  I grew up watching a ton of TV after school.  I have fond memories of that.  I definitely played outside too, but I loved cartoons.  That is just not practical for us now and I would rather my son play.  My husband grew up not being allowed to watch TV during the week.  He would ban even the one nightly cartoon that I use as a reward.  I can see both sides.  

12 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I’m pretty sure Erin’s kids watch movies. I think it was last years Valentine’s Day party when they showed Erin holding a gift. I’m so weird I rewound and paused it, sure enough one of the gifts in her hand was the DVD Frozen.

I guess it’s possible that she watched the movie without her kids though. 

Well, Anna DID get engaged to a guy she just met.  Seems up their alley. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived