IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 7: Now Potentially with Scandal

Coconut Flan

18 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Wow, Tori looks like she’s having an after church picnic and Carlin looks like she’s about to step on a red carpet.  Nothing wrong with either of those looks, but the total lack of coordination on formality level is so strange to me. 

In my world events usually have a suggested level of formality and people generally meet that level. Is not doing that a Bates thing? A fundie thing? A Southern thing? Genuinely wondering. 

It doesn’t surprise me. I believe this is the rehearsal dinner. Which normally has no real dress code. I know some do. But most of the rehearsal dinners I’ve been to didn’t have a dress code like a wedding does. 

• Upvote 6

22 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Barring some sort of shake-up, Tori and Bobby are definitely headed for over 10. However, I agree that I don’t see any of the other couples who are currently married going in that direction. Erin would if she could but with her health issues 8 seems like a more realistic total. I strongly expect Michael and Brandon to adopt, and they could possibly wind up adopting multiple groups of siblings if they went through the foster care system (which, imo, is not a good fit for their beliefs on corporal punishment and mental health), but my guess is they will do private infant adoption through  (lots of access to anti-choice church communities) and end up with 2-6 kids. 

Well, you cannot use corporal punishment on foster kids. I suppose once the kids are officially adopted, they can do what they want. Maybe someone with more experience with the foster care system knows.

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh yeah, only Tori will have ten. Unless one of the boys married some ultra fundie super fertile quiverful 18 year old ready to make babies immediately. 

Surely, you can't be speaking for the younger girls, who haven't even begun courting yet.

Seems like the Bates kids don't exist till they start courting/marrying/giving birth!

There's Callie, Ellie and Addallee and we have no idea about their fertility, their husband's fertility, or their feelings about birth control.

I'm hoping there's one rebel among them. I certainly couldn't say for sure they won't have ten kids, though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

It’s also worth noting that Tori is basically wearing the women’s equivalent of what a lot of men wear to weddings in their circle: a button-down shirt and jeans. We’re just so used to seeing the women next to them all dressed up that Tori sticks out. 

Then again, I do get the impression Tori goes out of her way to try to act like she doesn’t care how she looks at these events. With so many influencer and fundie princess sisters, the pressure to look perfect must be intense, and I can see someone just kind of throwing up their hands and going in the other direction as a coping mechanism. 

Edited by Dominionatrix
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

I'm sorry, who is due after Tori? Kelly? Carlin? I'm confused by your sentence relative to the pic.

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Dominionatrix said:

It’s also worth noting that Tori is basically wearing the women’s equivalent of what a lot of men wear to weddings in their circle: a button-down shirt and jeans. We’re just so used to seeing the women next to them all dressed up that Tori sticks out. 

Then again, I do get the impression Tori goes out of her way to try to act like she doesn’t care how she looks at these events. With so many influencer and fundie princess sisters, the pressure to look perfect must be intense, and I can see someone just kind of throwing up their hands and going in the other direction as a coping mechanism. 

You will notice too that the ladies who get the most negative comments about their clothing (Michaela, Erin, Tori) are the ladies who sport more curves. The more waif like sisters usually are viewed as more fashionable. I think that pretty much falls in line with most women ITRW. If you have a tinier body as an adult women, you have greater fashion choices that look decent. Also, if you look at the Bates ladies, they do not come from naturally thin genes. KJ used to be waif like too, but not so much as she’s aged and repeated pregnancies certainly did not help. As an example, Alyssa used to be very tiny, and really since her last 2 pregnancies, and as she has gotten a bit older, she is not quite as svelte as  Carlin, Katie, Josie and certainly Tiffany (who of course has not been PG 5 times). Bodies age especially bodies that have carried lots of babies in a few short years. People have to dress for comfort and body shape. I’m close to 10 years older than KJ and know the realities. I used to be svelte too. Now I’m a very average size 8 with a flabby belly.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I'm sorry, who is due after Tori? Kelly? Carlin? I'm confused by your sentence relative to the pic.

Kelly said in a comment saying that Tori is due after Josie. Carlin isn't pregnant

On 10/13/2023 at 5:43 PM, RebeccaRay said:

After Josie***

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

You will notice too that the ladies who get the most negative comments about their clothing (Michaela, Erin, Tori) are the ladies who sport more curves. The more waif like sisters usually are viewed as more fashionable. I think that pretty much falls in line with most women ITRW. If you have a tinier body as an adult women, you have greater fashion choices that look decent. Also, if you look at the Bates ladies, they do not come from naturally thin genes. KJ used to be waif like too, but not so much as she’s aged and repeated pregnancies certainly did not help. As an example, Alyssa used to be very tiny, and really since her last 2 pregnancies, and as she has gotten a bit older, she is not quite as svelte as  Carlin, Katie, Josie and certainly Tiffany (who of course has not been PG 5 times). Bodies age especially bodies that have carried lots of babies in a few short years. People have to dress for comfort and body shape. I’m close to 10 years older than KJ and know the realities. I used to be svelte too. Now I’m a very average size 8 with a flabby belly.

Yep, it’s totally normal for bodies to change. I hope the social media influencers of the family aren’t too hard on themselves when their bodies change. It happens to everyone. 

• I Agree 7

I think Tori was the smallest that I've ever seen her in the picture from when Ryker was born. She was even smaller than she had been before kids. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

You will notice too that the ladies who get the most negative comments about their clothing (Michaela, Erin, Tori) are the ladies who sport more curves

The 3 of them could dress fashionable or elegant or classy. The 3 are average weight and pretty. Tori and Erin are similar to Whitney, but the clothes they pick make them look more robust, while Whit looks thin and modern. Michaela is not as thin as the others, but she doesn't get negative comments because of that, but because the henious dresses she choose.

Tori is not critisized for being curvy (which she isn't, BTW), but for attending weddings dressed as she went to the supermarket.

I think Tori doesn't care about clothes. She goes plain and comfy and is not affected by her sisters fashion obsession.  On the contrary, Erin has her own outdated style, which she chooses to match her ubergodly self-image. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

The 3 of them could dress fashionable or elegant or classy. The 3 are average weight and pretty. Tori and Erin are similar to Whitney, but the clothes they pick make them look more robust, while Whit looks thin and modern. Michaela is not as thin as the others, but she doesn't get negative comments because of that, but because the henious dresses she choose.

Tori is not critisized for being curvy (which she isn't, BTW), but for attending weddings dressed as she went to the supermarket.

I think Tori doesn't care about clothes. She goes plain and comfy and is not affected by her sisters fashion obsession.  On the contrary, Erin has her own outdated style, which she chooses to match her ubergodly self-image. 

When I mentioned curvy, it was in comparison to their tinier sisters, as that is who there are generally getting compared to, especially where fashion is concerned. T, M and E are more average vs many of their sisters. Now when you compare them to the average population of women, they are not large by any means. I do think T, M and E dress more frumpy than some of the others and that that tendency does make them appear older. I thought T’s green dress from the baby announcement was cute. Too bad she couldn’t have gone with something similar for the rehearsal dinner and festivities vs that jean skirt that she likely wears day in and out at home.

I think Erin has always dressed and coiffed her hair to make herself appear older in an effort to be taken more seriously-JMO-

• Upvote 3

On 10/14/2023 at 2:50 PM, Dominionatrix said:

So I think Carlin, Josie, and Katie are all on the Gen Z influencer boat and try to be as on trend as possible, with the tight Shein-style dresses they see many of their peers wearing and trying to give off the "hot young mom" look that might be more manageable with 2 or less kids than 4 or 5. Just the fact that all 3 wore essentially the same one shouldered satin dress in different colors to the wedding says a lot.

Tori and Erin, as well as Michael, have kept up the fundie standards from their teen years, and have less interest in being influencers, especially Tori. You can tell Tori doesn't care too much and it's almost refreshing at this point.

Whitney and Alyssa seem in between, considering they married earlier with strict standards and have released them less quickly than the other sisters. I liked their wedding looks the most.

• Upvote 8

Feeling BEC today...

Alyssa was well dressed IMO. Her daughters not so much. Low quality fabric, wrinkled skirts... If a fabric looks cheap on camera, it looks worse live. I think Alyssa should buy some cute cotton dresses the girls can reuse later to go to church. A 60$ dress that is used 10 times is better than a 15$ dress used once.

It was a daylight wedding and some of the sisters were dressed as if they were going to a nightclub. Hello Carlin.

Tiffy and Esther wore cheap bubble gum coloured dresses. At least Esther dress was an adult one. Tiff looked as if she borrowed an Allie Jane's dress! 

The bride outfit was very nice. Kelly Jo was perfect. Does she usually dresses fine for weddings? I don't remember.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Melissa1977 said:

Feeling BEC today...

Alyssa was well dressed IMO. Her daughters not so much. Low quality fabric, wrinkled skirts... If a fabric looks cheap on camera, it looks worse live. I think Alyssa should buy some cute cotton dresses the girls can reuse later to go to church. A 60$ dress that is used 10 times is better than a 15$ dress used once.

It was a daylight wedding and some of the sisters were dressed as if they were going to a nightclub. Hello Carlin.

Tiffy and Esther wore cheap bubble gum coloured dresses. At least Esther dress was an adult one. Tiff looked as if she borrowed an Allie Jane's dress! 

The bride outfit was very nice. Kelly Jo was perfect. Does she usually dresses fine for weddings? I don't remember.

Well Alyssa's kid can't be seen in the same outfit twice, that would be blasphemy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

Considering the rumor mill about Bobby, Tori may never stop having kids just to keep him chained to the house. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Considering the rumor mill about Bobby, Tori may never stop having kids just to keep him chained to the house. 

If it's true, it's just super depressing, regardless of their beliefs. I'm still shocked that Tori is a baby machine. She never seemed to give a fuck about kids on BUB. Maybe because they weren't hers? She's just always seemed so checked out. Which is understandable, really.

• Upvote 4

On 10/10/2023 at 12:42 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

By the time Trace and Tori were born all the roles were filled. Tori supposedly loved babies, but that was already covered by Michaela. Trace wanted to be creative, etc. That was taken on by Lawson. I think they both have struggled because they feel or felt overshadowed. You can kind of still see it now in Trace. Tori's not very public so it is hard to tell. 

Carlin was and is loud but she lacks a true identity too. Josie broke through a bit more just because she seems to ignore a lot of the family drama and keep her head down until she got married. She follows the family narrative but she's also the one who didn't fall into the music education/education trap of her older siblings.

I mean, that's what we see. There could be plenty of other roles we don't know about. The funny one, the handy one who fixes everything, the crafty one, the one who is good at digital stuff. . . It's certainly possible that the younger kids filled one of these roles. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Seeking said:

Rumor about Bobby? Long time lurker but don’t recall. Thanks

It's at the beginning of this thread. Bobby was rumored to be a bit too friendly with the mothers of his students when he worked as a youth pastor (or another position of authority over children at the church). 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

It's at the beginning of this thread. Bobby was rumored to be a bit too friendly with the mothers of his students when he worked as a youth pastor (or another position of authority over children at the church). 

To clarify, the rumor is that he had consensual affairs with adults, not that he’s a predator. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

On 10/11/2023 at 7:48 AM, gobucks said:

I never forget the way Callie acted when Michael went off on her honeymoon after her wedding night. Callie (rightfully so) acted like a baby being torn from her mother. You could tell in that moment who cared for her day in and day out. 

Same with Jenni D with Jill D and Jordyn D with Jessa D it was sooo Sad. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

On 10/19/2023 at 2:35 AM, raayx01 said:

Well Alyssa's kid can't be seen in the same outfit twice, that would be blasphemy.

And that T lady who gifts them all their stuff wouldn’t allow it either 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

And that T lady who gifts them all their stuff wouldn’t allow it either 

That's so fucking creepy. I would be seriously concerned about a stranger obsessing over unrelated kids' clothes.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

On 10/14/2023 at 11:57 PM, Melissa1977 said:

Well, two of the are constantly pregnant. Maybe they dont' care about being "fashionable" or "elegant." It's sad to see women tear down other women. It's bad enough they are in a fundamentalist cult, they should wear what they want. 

Glad to hear you think they are "average weight." What if we never commented on other women's weight at all? 

• Upvote 2

Is she still gifting clothes? I have not seen her tagged for a while.

Maybe she lost her interest with having a boy to match.

• Upvote 3