IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 7: Now Potentially with Scandal

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Didn’t Alyssa and Josie share a room in the Bates house, just the two of them? 

Yes, they were the ones that "needed" a quiet space of their own. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Didn’t Alyssa and Josie share a room in the Bates house, just the two of them? 

At one point. I think both are introverts naturally and probably suffered for having that many people around all the time. I know I would.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

So Tori is pregnant with #5. But at least this will be a bigger spacing than her last several since Cambree is already older than Charlotte was when Cambree was born. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I know that tori is not a social media person, but I thought they will at least make this announcement not kelly, it seems like we will see less and less of them as the time goes by 

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-10-12at11_24_54pm.thumb.png.c381fa733354bef668fe85f976283269.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Dbm said:

I know that tori is not a social media person, but I thought they will at least make this announcement not kelly, it seems like we will see less and less of them as the time goes by 

Hide contents

Screenshot2023-10-12at11_24_54pm.thumb.png.c381fa733354bef668fe85f976283269.png

Good. I wish more Bateses give their kids some privacy. I don’t like Tori. But at least she isn’t posting constant videos and pictures of her children on social media. She gets one point from me for that. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

So Erin still has the most kids (soon to be 6). How many grandchildren does the total come to now?

Of everyone who has announced: 29.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

So Erin still has the most kids (soon to be 6). How many grandchildren does the total come to now?

Too many, the obvious answer.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3

The Duggars have more grandkids of course. They usually do. But both families were tied and had 11 children married. The Bateses will break that tie when Jackson gets married. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Duggars have more grandkids of course. They usually do. But both families were tied and had 11 children married. The Bateses will break that tie when Jackson gets married. 

Seriously, I lost count many GKs ago!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

7 Bates children/in-laws were pregnant this year. That is the most ever, I think. Katie, Alyssa, Whitney adn Lydia had babies. Erin, Josie and Tori are currently pregnant. 

If Tori and Josie are due close together, it will be crazy because they had Charlotte adn Hazel days apart and Tori had a while other baby between Charlotte and this one, 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2

Kade isn't even 5 yet.

I'd love to know if the crazy-fast pace is because Tori and Bobby actually enjoy having tons of kids or because they truly believe using birth control will send them to hell.

• Upvote 8

27 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Kade isn't even 5 yet.

I'd love to know if the crazy-fast pace is because Tori and Bobby actually enjoy having tons of kids or because they truly believe using birth control will send them to hell.

Bobby comes from a family with three kids. I doubt he thinks his parents are going to hell. Tori always said she wanted a bunch of kids. I think she just wants a big family and Bobby must go along with it. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Kade isn't even 5 yet.

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Bobby comes from a family with three kids. I doubt he thinks his parents are going to hell. Tori always said she wanted a bunch of kids. I think she just wants a big family and Bobby must go along with it. 

Tori's beliefs seem to stem from the idea that you trust God with everything, including and especially children and family. Erin and Michaela seem to have this belief too. To use something such as birth control is to say you don't trust God's decisions for you. It is a zero sum game for them. Either you trust him with everything or nothing. So it isn't a belief such as going to hell that motivates her but a belief that this is what God wants for her and expects from her. As much as she may love Bobby, she has been brought up in such a way that distrusting God's plan in her life would be unacceptable to her. 

That said, Bobby could put his foot down (and condom on) and say no this isn't what God wants. On paper, she should obey that under his leadership. However, would she? Would he? Bobby was raised in a smaller but still conservative home. However, he's still a major Bible thumper and probably in line with her that a person and couple should follow the path that God has put before them. Doing otherwise is not trusting God and revealing you have a bad relationship with God. 

• Upvote 6

Honestly I’m surprised it took this long for number 5. I was half expecting she’d had 5 without announcing and was already pregnant with 6. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, indianabones said:

Kade isn't even 5 yet.

Tori does not seem like she enjoys small children or has the patience for them ( judging from those clips of her "homeschooling" a bunch of kids/cousins). There ARE people who love being around small kids, and actually get re-charged and invigorated being with them. Tori did not seem to be that sort. With that said, even someone who loves little kids would have a hard time with five under six. 

I remember that Michelle Duggar once had six boys in five years (plus lots of older kids). I always found that astonishing, and it seemed impossible that all 6 babies were getting what they needed. There are orphanages with better staff ratios than that.

• Upvote 4

Do we think any of the Bates couples will actually make it to 10 kids or over?  I feel like 10 kids will cramp Whitney and Josie's glam lifestyles too much. I don't know if Erin will be medically able to birth 4 more as her fertility starts to slow down (although I think she will probably end up being pregnant 4 more times)  I don't see Alyssa being interested in having 10, and she has medical issues as well. Tori and Bobby, perhaps? She'll be having her 5th kid at age 28.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Do we think any of the Bates couples will actually make it to 10 kids or over?  I feel like 10 kids will cramp Whitney and Josie's glam lifestyles too much. I don't know if Erin will be medically able to birth 4 more as her fertility starts to slow down (although I think she will probably end up being pregnant 4 more times)  I don't see Alyssa being interested in having 10, and she has medical issues as well. Tori and Bobby, perhaps? She'll be having her 5th kid at age 28.

Barring some sort of shake-up, Tori and Bobby are definitely headed for over 10. However, I agree that I don’t see any of the other couples who are currently married going in that direction. Erin would if she could but with her health issues 8 seems like a more realistic total. I strongly expect Michael and Brandon to adopt, and they could possibly wind up adopting multiple groups of siblings if they went through the foster care system (which, imo, is not a good fit for their beliefs on corporal punishment and mental health), but my guess is they will do private infant adoption through  (lots of access to anti-choice church communities) and end up with 2-6 kids. 

• Upvote 6

51 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Tori does not seem like she enjoys small children or has the patience for them ( judging from those clips of her "homeschooling" a bunch of kids/cousins). There ARE people who love being around small kids, and actually get re-charged and invigorated being with them. Tori did not seem to be that sort. With that said, even someone who loves little kids would have a hard time with five under six. 

I remember that Michelle Duggar once had six boys in five years (plus lots of older kids). I always found that astonishing, and it seemed impossible that all 6 babies were getting what they needed. There are orphanages with better staff ratios than that.

Way back in the mid 1980s I worked in a child care center with infants and toddlers, the ratio was 1 caregiver for 4 infants/toddlers.

Does Tori have any of the medical issues/difficult pregnancy issues many of her sisters have?

• Upvote 3

Oh yeah, only Tori will have ten. Unless one of the boys married some ultra fundie super fertile quiverful 18 year old ready to make babies immediately. 

• Upvote 7

Bobby looks odd. If you look at both his shirt sleeves and jean bottoms, they are all immaculately turned up and pressed flat.

Is he usually rumpled ?  and was smartened up by the photographer before the shoot ? Or is he always this way? The photo reminds me a bit of Forest Gump

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Wow, Tori looks like she’s having an after church picnic and Carlin looks like she’s about to step on a red carpet.  Nothing wrong with either of those looks, but the total lack of coordination on formality level is so strange to me. 

In my world events usually have a suggested level of formality and people generally meet that level. Is not doing that a Bates thing? A fundie thing? A Southern thing? Genuinely wondering. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here’s Tori not looking very pregnant so she’s probably due in 2024. 

79C1C97E-BF21-43AF-B917-5F5086C0D581.jpeg

In a comment on the announcement that Kelly made she made a comment saying that she's due after Tori so yes in 2024

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2