IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 5: Married!

Destiny

So by my calculations, Jana has been a bridesmaid eight times (Josh, Priscilla, Jill, Jessa, Michael, Jinger, Joy, Joe). Am I missing any?

It's going to be 27 Dresses pretty soon.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

So by my calculations, Jana has been a bridesmaid eight times (Josh, Priscilla, Jill, Jessa, Michael, Jinger, Joy, Joe). Am I missing any?

Thank you for doing the count. I was wondering that myself. 

I liked Whitney's colors I've never seen black and red for wedding before, Alyssa's are so bright and fun looking, Erin's bridesmaid dresses are nice looking,  I don't like Jill's, Joy's, or Jessa's colors Jill's might have been better without the white part. I liked Jinger's colors and I think I like Michael's bridesmaids dresses better then her dress. 

So Jill picked a bunch of prom dresses and they wore them over pink t-shirts.... 

Never thought I would say it, Alyssa's looks tame in comparison

7 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

So Jill picked a bunch of prom dresses and they wore them over pink t-shirts.... 

Never thought I would say it, Alyssa's looks tame in comparison

Right? And while Alyssa's wedding looks a bit....teenage in taste, we can forgive her because she WAS a teenager.  I would have planned something very similar at 18/19.  

Jill has no excuse for that mess of a renewal.  

10 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I liked Whitney's colors I've never seen black and red for wedding before, 

You can't see it there, but it was a Christmas-time wedding, and her colors looked REALLY nice, I thought, when combined with the holiday decor.  Unconventional, but very pretty.  

3 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

You can't see it there, but it was a Christmas-time wedding, and her colors looked REALLY nice, I thought, when combined with the holiday decor.  Unconventional, but very pretty.  

It was Christmas time wedding? I wouldn't have guessed from the colors but it sounds really cool and very pretty.

50 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I've seen posters here claim that the Bateses apparently give their daughters $10,000 for their weddings. Anything more than that is on the couple to pay.

I remember the episode where Gil and Kelly said they give 10k for the wedding and the couple has to come up with any extra. 

2 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I remember the episode where Gil and Kelly said they give 10k for the wedding and the couple has to come up with any extra. 

Interesting. Did they specify that they only do that for their daughters or does that apply to every child?

39 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Looks like she was in Anna's wedding too.

storymaker-josh-and-anna-wedding-picture

27 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I liked Whitney's colors I've never seen black and red for wedding before, Alyssa's are so bright and fun looking, Erin's bridesmaid dresses are nice looking,  I don't like Jill's, Joy's, or Jessa's colors Jill's might have been better without the white part. I liked Jinger's colors and I think I like Michael's bridesmaids dresses better then her dress. 

I just looked up Whitney's wedding, and was pleasantly surprised. It turned out really nice. I've seen so many all black or all red weddings over the years, that I've gotten a little burned out haha.

One of my friends did Alyssa's colors (complete with alternating bridesmaid dresses) - I was pink. Unfortunately, the wedding was called off just a couple of weeks before it happened as my friend found out her fiancé also had a girlfriend! She's happily married to someone else, now - and she did the same colors for that wedding! 

Wow. I thought Bates weddings were bad but JRod is an entirely different category of tacky.

The thing that made me laugh at Erin's bridesmaid dresses, is that they had ordered dresses, hated them and they had poor Michaela sow those powder blue monstrosities. I couldn't believe they thought the tafetta disaster was better than the previous.

I hate all the Bates wedding dresses. Up network needs to recruit Ms. Renee

2 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Yes, @nausicaa listed the Josh/Anna wedding already lol

Oops. I'm not used to seeing that turd being referred to by name. My mind must've placed a beams of light over it a la TLC.

48 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Oh please let Jana have each of these brides as a bridesmaid in her wedding, and may each wear the bridesmaid's dress she chose for Jana to wear!

5 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Oh please let Jana have each of these brides as a bridesmaid in her wedding, and may each wear the bridesmaid's dress she chose for Jana to wear!

If the trend of having at least one of the bridesmaids be pregnant at the time of the wedding continues, that's going to make for some pretty serious alterations.

29 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

It was Christmas time wedding? I wouldn't have guessed from the colors but it sounds really cool and very pretty.

Yeah. I want to say they had apparently been considering a spring wedding at some point. I'm thinking their sinful premarital lip touching is the most likely reason they got married in December instead. 

Regardless, December is a really beautiful month to get married in a lot of places. And they probably saved a bit of money if they were able to just use the Church decorations.

7 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Wow. I thought Bates weddings were bad but JRod is an entirely different category of tacky.

It's even tackier when you consider that they can't afford to feed and house their kids, but they can apparently afford a vow renewal... or human sacrifice... I'm really not sure what they're doing in those pictures, but I'm kind of worried Jill is about to eat that baby's soul ala the Sanderson sisters. 

IMG_0036.JPG.e8aa993212e99fc5853e266e3043861a.JPG

I also can't look at the photos of Jessa's wedding without my heart breaking for poor Jordyn, clinging to the only mother she's ever known. 

And I like Alyssa's bridesmaids for the same reasons as other FJrs - you do you, Alyssa!  I like them more than Jinger's multi-coloured bridesmaids.  Jinger's BMs look quality in relation to Jill and Jessa, but if I had to be in 1 wedding, I'd be in Joy's, because I could totally wear that dress again.

1 minute ago, Lurky said:

I also can't look at the photos of Jessa's wedding without my heart breaking for poor Jordyn, clinging to the only mother she's ever known. 

I couldn't even really notice the bridesmaid dresses; I was too busy looking at Jordyn. 

Some of those bridesmaid dresses were interesting. The stripes are eye opening. :P 

Those striped dresses are just horrible.   Who thought that a prison chain gang theme was a good look for a wedding party?   I doubt that they were snarking on fundie women being imprisioned by their ridgid  gender roles.

4 hours ago, formerpastorswife said:

Lo and behold, I found my perfect gown totally off the rack, simple with embroidery and cap sleeves-- no plunging necklines or backlines to fill in, no sleeves to add, or anything! All that to say, there ARE options!

For some, I was able to do the same, but it really depends on a person's size (though all of our fundie brides seem to be good candidates for that)!  My wedding will be #13 as a bridesmaid for one friend and she just asked if she can borrow my bridesmaid dress from her wedding for an event.... I'd already donated it to the prom dress charity, but luckily she had 9 bridesmaids and not everyone is a purger like me. 

I'm not the biggest fan when everyone's hair has to be the same (requesting up or down is fine). When Anna got married was that during the height of the Gothard perm? Or was it just their wedding hair?

Oh lord, Alyssa had the same wedding colors as my cousin. The maid of honor was in that blue, and the rest (including a very unhappy MargaretElliott) were in that hot pink. It was a damn eyesore, but it's what she loved, so I smiled and put on the dress.

I kind of love those striped dresses. I have a very odd style, and their kind of Edwardian vibe is awesome, to me. I can definitely see why some would hate it, though.

@Georgiana, I just choked on my G&T. I'm laughing out loud. That is fucking GOLD. JRod, you never disappoint!

Wow, that picture of Pecanette and her bridesmaids is so very awkward. Of course, it's not as awkward as her hubby conducting the hymn during the wedding or him hoovering her face instead of kissing her.

Jordyn hanging on to Jessa for dear life is sad.

Jilly R's glamor shot is just beyond belief. I don't even know where to begin with the Rod girls' dresses. Actually, yes, I do. Why would you highlight your daughters' chests with glitter/sequins/whatever when you are trying to paint your family as ultra-modest? That is so unfair to the girls. I so wish the poor Rodriguii offspring could escape the cult. Alas, it's not likely.

I feel badly saying this given the children, but the Rodriguii are like the single most unattractive family I've ever seen. David is pretty ugly but J-Rod is not (if you strip all her ridiculous make up and hair away)...however their genes combining is very, very unfortunate.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived