IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 5: Married!

Destiny

I think Jessa was assigned the plotline of shopping for cheap bridesmaid dresses and totally wasn't into it, resulting in the bargain basement business casual coral monstrosities.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to get a better picture of Erin Bates wedding dress. It was hard, it was stark white and she took a lot of photos outside. 

I wasn't really paying attention to the Bates when she got married so I didn't really see these. Honestly, from far away it doesn't look so bad but yeah it looks like the sewed a satin tee shirt to it. 34-19-kids-804.thumb.jpg.81af1fb089b20ce836b0ab92c21d2a41.jpg

Spoiler

about_blank-8.png.f864b6de23f4d9724ee958c4760e0485.png

Spoiler

bc0c86871eb7377fd803775f69cc7880.jpg.35af3d783e767db1af07f81a28980e28.jpg

Spoiler

d3ca7b05df68267c206b793d7f918b71--erin-bates-love-her.jpg.d5c1821169cdfbed554474a41fabb4a2.jpg

Spoiler

d440329129ebefeffd2b4e7c30416e4e--strong-relationship-relationships.jpg.55e511c3480e4b163e21e547176632eb.jpg

Spoiler

e242876e2d28947cd114dadcc9b40443--church-hairstyles-double-wedding.jpg.f6fd376a7d7dc034701b3583da479943.jpg

I get the feeling that Erin Bates, Jill Duggar and others who modified strapless dresses also bought them a few sizes too big in order to have the bodice sit higher above their bust, and then took in the waist of the dresses to fit, and that's also what makes them look a bit weird. No way is the top of Erin's dress meant to sit that high above her boobs. 

@bal maiden I think this is probably what happened. I came across a blog post from hellomodesty (a sister from the Girl Defined girls) a few days ago where she shared a "modesty hack"..

Soooo… with the inspiration from my sister Sue, I bought this Old Navy dress. It’s originally an XXL but I sewed it in to fit my size. *So Smart* It’s perfect because you can buy them long enough and then just sew them in on the sides and it looks great. We probably have half a dozen dresses we’ve done this way. 

http://hellomodesty.com/summer-adorable-diy-dress/

Well, I don't know her real size, but it's definitely not an XXL, more like S/M. 

On 9/12/2017 at 0:44 PM, Georgiana said:

Even if JB DID redirect Kendra (which I haven't seen any evidence for), I don't think it would be that big of a deal.  It's less common now since we have wider social pools, but in the past it was very common to court one sibling and end up marrying another.  Since the Duggars and their ilk have a much smaller pool of potential mates, this sort of thing is bound to happen occasionally.  

I've know more than one older couple who had a story like this ... including identical twin sisters who switched dates after a discussion in the bathroom because twin 1 really liked twin 2's date .... who turned into her husband of 50+ years!

1 hour ago, L1o2u3 said:

@bal maiden I think this is probably what happened. I came across a blog post from hellomodesty (a sister from the Girl Defined girls) a few days ago where she shared a "modesty hack"..

http://hellomodesty.com/summer-adorable-diy-dress/

Well, I don't know her real size, but it's definitely not an XXL, more like S/M. 

6 photos of her in different poses. Much modest. Very Jesus. Such Godly. Wow.  

38 minutes ago, L1o2u3 said:

Her whole instagram is devoted to showing off how modest she is :D 

I always want to point out to these nitwits that bragging about your modesty isn't very modest. 

Now does anybody want to sing the modesty song? :D 

I really want to see more pictures from the wedding.

I saw the clip from TLC when Joe asked Kendra if she wanted to court him. I think it was very cute. Even though they had a lot of chaperones with them ^^ And I want Kendra's hair! It's so long and shiny. Mine is very long too, but it's never as shiny as hers :( 

Something happened with that video and I couldn't hear the song, but I couldn't help but notice several of the men gyrating to the song. How is it that they don't have to be modest and respectful?I just don't get it...

There is even a girl's version where they are singing "you are so respectable" :D These are from Mormons, but I've seen that song on other, non-LDS fundie blogs, too. 

Spoiler

Edit: Yes, they literally thank guy in a song for "keeping their hand pure" and not groping them. 

3 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Something happened with that video and I couldn't hear the song, but I couldn't help but notice several of the men gyrating to the song. How is it that they don't have to be modest and respectful?I just don't get it...

Mormons often love dancing, so that's probably not a problem for them like it would be for the Duggaresque fundies.

Ok, i honestly thought it was a parody:pb_lol:. And i actually respect myself more with a low cut blouse than with a baggy t-shirt, because wih the first one i know i haven't just rolled out of bed and got the first thing that was clean :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, L1o2u3 said:

As well as the multiple photos of herself looking all adorable (and imagine how many they took to edit down the perfect set?) she also has some literally of her chest.  I don't understand!  The whole point of modesty is to stop people noticing a body, so you explicitly take photos of the bits you don't want focus on?  It's hardly revealing, but I can't imagine this kind of photo, just of the torso, anywhere else, apart from in a clothing catalogue

59bab6cc06cb4_ScreenShot2017-09-14at18_03_32.thumb.png.51f4832f376a53f8a20592280aa37235.png

I've seen this done before in these scenarios - there was 1 Fundy girl with a modesty blog we discussed who had all these photos close up on her top, with a tight fitting cardigan where she'd only done up every other button, so it was gaping, and it was WAY more immodest than if she'd just worn a V neck, because it just drew attention to her breasts. I wish I could remember who she was because it was crazy.

Omg. Those girls' outfits are so NOT modest. I mean, seriously who are they kidding.

Or is it satire? In that case...

Oh and I love the girl that continues to read at the beginning of the clip when the rest leaves the classroom with a stupid dance. Smart girlie.

The t-shirt addition to the dress just makes the bust of the dress stand out more....I hope she felt beautiful in what she was wearing. That's all that's really important.

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

I wish I could remember who she was because it was crazy.

I'm fairly sure that was Olivia of Fresh Modesty.  She had designer holsters to go with her outfits because a girl has to be packing heat at all times.  She is a Vision Forum type and Botkin humper.

As for hellomodesty: in my view it is not "DYI" if you buy a dress and just take it in at the sides.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived