IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 5: Married!

Destiny

8 minutes ago, Irene said:

Is this a real couple?

It's from the Alta Moda website. I don't know if it's a real couple or models.  Oops.... wrong photo. Lol 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, divadivine said:

It's from the Alta Moda website. I don't know if it's a real couple or models.  Oops.... wrong photo. Lol 

Okay, so its models from a webbsite, thanks :)

So many pages and threats to go thruw,so eacier to ask :)

@IreneActually, it's a real couple. Alta Moda just posts its brides. And the dress many are tagging, is the same one from earlier, just a different colour.

It's a modified Hayley Paige dress. The original has beaded straps and a low back. It's likely Ms. Renee might have 'drawn inspiration'  from the Hayley Paige for Kendra, as this is a popular modest style.

From my understanding, Alta Moda works with the official designers to create a well-altered modest dress for their brides. So Kendra's dress is similar, but not the same.

This thread popped up as "hot" and I thought "They CANNOT possibly be announcing Kendra's pregnancy already?!?!?!" 

Thank God, no! But I am willing to bet Jinger is, judging from that picture. She's got that newly pregnant ,"I'm sick, tired and might die" look that I had when I was early in my pregnancies. Maybe that was one of the surprises that was talked about. 

Princess style isn't really my cup of tea, but for a teen girl who clearly wanted that look she chose really well. The bridesmaids dresses are pink and lacey (I love lace overlays) of course but actually look nice, with simple lines, and are restrained compared to some pink monstrosities I've seen. Her dress looks glittery and frothy but in the pictures actually doesn't out-do her. It's not a dress wearing Kendra if you know what I mean. Hope she was happy and enjoyed her day! She's so so young and about to have 5 kids before she turns 25 (if they have no fertility challenges) but....in her world I still hope she's as happy as possible and they're good for eachother. Hopefully the Caldwells have a better dynamic than JB and Michelle, which Joe and Kendra can learn from.

Also I have a nerdy geneology question. In Jeremy's picture he says he got himself a sister-in-law but that's not true right? Kendra is technically the wife of his brother-in-law. A sister-in-law could only be the sister of his spouse (Ex Jana) or the wife of his brother...right? 

From what I've seen of Kendra's dress, it's definitelty in my top 3 best Duggar dresses. I love that it's fun and bubbly, yet still modest. I was anti princess skirt for Kendra, but the style of this skirt looks good on her. I like the fact that it's playful and textured, not just a plain gathered satin skirt.

^I agree about the dress. Kendra seems like a sweet girl, sincerely, kind of the preppy/outgoing but genuine do-gooder "type" you always find in *every* high school class haha. Somewhat like Jinger in temperament, perhaps? Obv we haven't seen much of Kendra but just my impression off the clips that have been shown. Not at all surprised to see her glowing in sparkly, floaty princess dress - she rocks it. 

@PainfullyAwareI'm not sure if it's genealogically correct, but I've always referred to my bother in law's wife as my sister in law and my mom has always been the same way with my dad's siblings' spouses (even after my parents split up, but that's a whole different can of worms).

ETA: I just checked my ancestry.com family tree and they list my "sister in law" as "spouse of brother in law" so maybe I am wrong.  Oh well.

It seems like most people consider their spouse's sibling's spouse to be an in-law. Merriam-Webster defines "sister-in-law" as:

1:  the sister of one's spouse

2a :  the wife of one's sibling b :  the wife of one's spouse's sibling

As a side note (and this is going to sound really weird!) I have kind of a thing for compound words that are made plural in the middle instead of the end of the word. Sister-in-law is a good one because the correct plural is "sisters-in-law," not "sister-in-laws." (It gives me an unpleasant feeling to even type it the wrong way!) Other examples are "attorneys general" and "passersby."

Funny Story Re: Wedding Dresses 

I like many who have posted here thought that Jilly Muffins dress was a train wreck. 

A few months later I was shopping for my own dress, after many tries I found my dream dress, snagged it off the rack for 30% off (on my birthday!) 

A few months later I realized it was Jill's dress. Yup I had Jill Duggars dress. 

It's actually a gorgeous dress when it's not poorly altered and made into a modestrosity. (And at the very least if it's not gorgeous because that's subjective it is at the least not as bad as she made it.) 

What makes matters worse is there is a modest version of that dress already made by the same company and it also is lovely. 

3 hours ago, LacyMay said:

It's actually a gorgeous dress when it's not poorly altered and made into a modestrosity. (And at the very least if it's not gorgeous because that's subjective it is at the least not as bad as she made it.) 

If it wasn't for the alterations, Jill's dress would have probably been my favorite of the Duggar brides. It's most similar to my wedding dress. I bet you look beautiful in it.

The modest version of that dress looks really nice too!

3 hours ago, L1o2u3 said:

Yes the modest version from the company looks really good! Does anyone know if they already had that version before Jill's wedding? 

Reveal hidden contents

f33ac9b076f5912156de0cf80e0b7e4b--modest

The modest version is from Allure, as was the original version, and yes they would have both been available in 2014.

https://www.bestbridalprices.com/allure-romance-wedding-dresses-style-2569-p100373

https://www.bestbridalprices.com/allure-modest-wedding-dresses-style-m504-p114414

In any case, I don't think the modest version would have been modest enough anyway. Still a bit plunging. I can't see any Duggar girl ever wearing a sweetheart neckline, even if it shows no cleavage or boobage at all. A sweetheart neckline is suggestive of boobs, and that's enough for them.

@PainfullyAware I do consider my husband's sibling's spouses to be my sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law. Most everyone I know is the same way, maybe it's regional but I'm nowhere near the Duggars, I live in the Midwest.

I also consider the wife of my BIL to be my SIL.  

The SIL of my idiot brother has finally divorced him.  I told her that means we are now sisters since I consider myself divorced from my brother as well lol. ;) 

My youngest nieces are similar age to my husband's niece and nephew, and the 4 kids get on well.  They are all first cousins to my kids, but two sets of siblings are no relation to each other.  They were disappointed about that, so I said they could be cousins-in-law, which made them happy. :) 

I have written on here how I consider my aunt's nephews my cousins, and they feel the same for me & my sister. Sure it's odd to the outside world but not to us. 

11 hours ago, WhyNotJulie said:

I, personally, am excited for Kendra Duggar to get an instagram account. 

You mean KendraJoeDuggar right? ;) 

I love the bridesmaid dresses, the colour isn't for me but I would wear a dress like that any day of the week. I think Kendra's dress suited her and I hope she loved it. 

6 hours ago, LacyMay said:

It's actually a gorgeous dress when it's not poorly altered and made into a modestrosity

Ha! Modestrosity is my new favourite term.

I'm so glad you got and loved that dress, unaltered it looks gorgeous! The fit on Jill bothered me more than the weird patchwork bodice. It looked way too big on her.

@Carm_88 surely it will be JoeLovesKendra? 

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

You mean KendraJoeDuggar JoeKendraDuggar right? ;) 

Fixed that for you. Headship's gotta go first!

I don't love the "official" modest version of Jill's dress either. I don't really see the point of such a high sweetheart neckline. It looks kind of awkward and ill-fitting to me. Just go with a different neckline.

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Why oh why can none of these women put their hair up for weddings??? DO updoes make Bill Gothard cry?

I ask myself the exact same question.

Except for Jinger. Her hair looked gorgeous. At least at her wedding.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived