IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 5: Married!

Destiny

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus. It's like you open the photos and your first thought is, "I need to adjust the display on my screen." But no, that's what the colours are supposed to look like.

6 minutes ago, habert said:

you know what though, if you're only getting married once like why not have fun. I like that Alyssa was fundie-fuck it about her wedding. 19 years old, stuck all her life in a cramped house, part of a family brand, about to be a teen bride and knocked up in 90 seconds, like why not just be like "I want PINK and BLUE and a SEXY DRESS fuck you" lol 

The Bates Girls Blog #24.jpg

Ahhh I guess I'm sort of eating my words now. I have seen these pictures before but Alyssa's wedding was well before I had ever heard of this family and I didn't watch a televised special. Totally slipped my mind. 

As bad as it is though, I still would have chosen this over Michael's wedding. Alyssa looked beautiful and the colors just scream FUN. I think, despite the mild age difference, Alyssa and I could have been friends in a different life.  

I wish Alyssa could have had a real bachelorette party - bet that would have been a helluva good time. 

Side note - I seriously cannot get over how much Whitney has changed in just a few short years!

One would think these fundies would have a few friends who were skilled seamstresses who could make their wedding dresses for them. Elaborate alterations unneeded. If you're going to be a helpmeet, learning to sew well is a skill you could use to make clothes for your eleventy children, curtains for your home, quilts for your beds, and many of a bajillion other things. 

There are plenty of modest dress options available. There are many sites that take your personal measurements and make the dress for you- JJsHouse is one and the dresses are not horribly expensive. Plus, they have a lot of modest gowns. 

Its like these fundies want to have these horrible alterations to let people see "Look how Godly & Modest we are! No regular heathen dress would be good enough."  

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Why does one dress have a white bodice/undershirt? Anybody?

I was wondering the same. Maybe to distinguish her as a Maid/Matron of Honor?

Do we have to chose between the Duggars and the Bates? I think I'd hide if I saw either family coming. Unless it was Callie, Jeb and Judson. Their cute and would be fun to talk too. Jordyn, Jennie and Hannie might be fun to talk too. Michael and Jana might be nice to talk too. But they might mis-interpret my attempts to rescue them and give them better lives. If it was Gil, JB, Kelly and/or Michelle I might accidentally use my pepper spray or go off on how shockingly horrible parents they are. I also might feel the need to point out that their wrong about everything including the Bible.  Same with Derick and Jill.  The Bates kids are very loud, annoying and obnoxious.  

6 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

I actually don't get the vibe that she is mean. I get the vibe that she is super overly friendly and DESPERATELY wants people to like her. She tries really hard. I feel bad for her because it seems to me that everything she does is a cry for attention, to be noticed. She has to be so extra and over the top loud in a family that size to feel like anyone is paying attention to her. 

I agree. Alyssa gives me more Regina George vibes and I see her potentially as the mean girl, who secretly judges everyone else and thinks herself better than everyone. Carlin strikes me more as a Gretchen Weiners who tries too hard to be cool, popular, and liked but ultimately most people see through her and are just annoyed.

13 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Oh God, I had forgotten about the neon monstrosity that was Alyssa Bates' wedding. 

Yep, Alyssa's colors were rather.......bright, a bit too much as wedding colors go, but I agree she wanted to go all out.   Frankly I think it reflected how happy she was to get out of there! 

Out of all the Bateseses daughters to get married thus far, I think her wedding was truly joyful.   Erin and Michael were happy no doubt, but both struck me as subdued and feeling a loss to leave their family.   Alyssa not so much, I think she was long over it.  

15 minutes ago, habert said:

here's another fun pic:

bbbbbe425d79fb58bff675b2b085daaf.jpg

Those are some god awful colour choices. Pink and blue can look nice together, but those shades together are just awful.

Ok I lied, it was too much fun looking these up. And we're talking about them anyway. Also, Anna's wedding is pretty hard to find pictures of tbh there were like two and they were both terrible quality. 

8a2cf1dbfe27d2c739f3dfcd0ff9618b--duggar-family-wedding-inspiration.jpg.122f0b4ce8e7a4f8c595b70818618d01.jpg

Spoiler

a93a3f0cc6d1495ec4cb86940abe38f0--whitney-bates-zach.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_7056.jpg

Spoiler

19-kids-jessa-ben-wedding-07.jpg

Spoiler

jinger-duggar-6.jpg

Spoiler

646947.jpg

Spoiler

58321a503f48799e7a97d4c9fcd5e05f.jpg

Spoiler

michaella-bates-wedding-2.jpg

Spoiler

b-striped-maxi-dress-tan.jpeg

Spoiler

images (1).jpeg

images.jpeg

15 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Why does one dress have a white bodice/undershirt? Anybody?

I believe it's actually a little jacket (see photo under spoiler). I don't know who she is or why she's wearing it though. My best guess would be to distinguish her as maid of honor.

Spoiler

10177341_513513365421213_463467749472653

Looking at all those weddings, I'm actually kind of impressed at how different they all are, considering how limited fundie options can be. Not all of them are to my personal taste of course but I think each style and color scheme suits the bride pretty well.

9 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I believe it's actually a little jacket. I don't know who she is or why she's wearing it though. My best guess would be to distinguish her as maid of honor.

That's Tori Webster, Alyssa's sister-in-law and maid of honor. I had forgotten how craptastic was that wedding. It was the first fundie wedding i followed here, back when i was a lurker. Her shoes were freaking amazing

Who is the bride with all of the striped bridesmaids?  Those dresses... like, even just 1 of those would be a lot of stripes.  

Also - my vote of all of those for best bridesmaid dresses is Erin Bates.  There are quite a lot of ties for worst - stripes, Jessa's, Jill's, JInger's (which would have been okay with fewer colors)...

2 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Who is the bride with all of the striped bridesmaids?  Those dresses... like, even just 1 of those would be a lot of stripes.  

I think it's from a website that sells modest dresses. I remember them from a thread a couple of years ago. I believe those weren't the worsts :pb_lol:

The look on Jordyns face and her tight grip on Jessas arm is heart breaking. 

I say go Alyssa! Why shouldn't she go all out? It might be the only chance she ever gets. It does look like a costume wedding party though because it's just so bright. 

As much as I cringe looking at Alyssa's neon wedding photos, I gotta give her some props. She threw herself the prom she never had, and then busted out the pants and sleeveless tops as soon as she crossed the Tennessee line on her honeymoon.

For those asking about Michael's dress:

I believe she went with the one she did due to cost. At least that's what I remember from the show. I believe Michael liked the dress shown in the preview, but it cost more than she could spend. I can't remember where this is from, but I've seen posters here claim that the Bateses apparently give their daughters $10,000 for their weddings. Anything more than that is on the couple to pay.

They managed to save by having family bake the cake and arrange the flowers (I believe Kelly's sisters did this as wedding gifts), but with a massive guest list there simply isn't a ton of money to work with when it comes to the dress.

The striped wedding is weird but also kind of cool? Very, like... 1890s.

Alyssa's colours were not AT ALL my style, but I love that she just went for it and did what she wanted. Maybe her tastes will change as she gets older, but I hope she doesn't look back on it with regret. I hope she just feels happy that she had the wedding she wanted at that time and didn't hold back. I went to prom twice, and the second time around I wanted to wear a really fun, colourful, sparkly dress, and for some reason I ended up with this really basic brown 'tasteful' one... it was a lovely dress, but to this day I still regret not going all out and being a bit ridiculous!

Wedding photos you say?  Bright colors?  Tacky modesty alterations?  We've got them all!

PLUS! Saloon-girl bridesmaid style!  Babies in weird bonnets!  Tacky unity candles! 

59b84c665df36_2017-09-1214_06_13-DavidJillNoyesRodrigues.thumb.png.5a2943cd89a342859c20f660d51cb4b9.png

BUT WAIT: THERE'S MORE!

Spoiler

59b84ca7a04bf_2017-09-1214_03_15-DavidJillNoyesRodrigues.thumb.png.e6528dd32a25de194efadb322706b90e.png59b84caad94ca_2017-09-1214_03_58-DavidJillNoyesRodrigues.png.746207dd4dc1ba84c93261d7f3f76dba.png59b84cadb0b57_2017-09-1214_05_17-DavidJillNoyesRodrigues.png.7276b61cd3de728fce1bd6c93b5e3fda.png59b84cb356576_2017-09-1214_05_31-DavidJillNoyesRodrigues.thumb.png.0024538b9832c3bcce17511859c971d6.png

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived